Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-10-18, 06:17 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Fyi to all, this GregG guy is not from Massillon, he's a troll from a different site who went by the name Al Bundy.

His shtick is to act like a Massillon fan.
Old 02-10-18, 07:43 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Hmm. I remember a lot of chest thumping when Hoover beat a 6-4 Tiger team in 08.
Because a win over a playoff team is the same as beating a 4-16 basketball team...

You were once better at this.
Old 02-10-18, 07:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
You are incompetent, read post #63 and tell me that isn't exactly what he said. Here's the exact quote, "Except this is the football forum and nobody gives a damn about the other sports", now, talk football or take it to one of the other sports forums. Even the thread starter didn't mention any other sports, as this forum is about football, and his expansion thread was about football and it's part in any expansions. Not hard to understand but easy to derail for you and the gang of trolls you post with.
He says no one gives a damn about the other sports then cites attendance, clearly implying no one cares in general. either your reading comprehension is lacking or he lacks the comprehension to get his point across.
Old 02-10-18, 07:54 PM
All District

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fyi to all, this GregG guy is not from Massillon, he's a troll from a different site who went by the name Al Bundy.

His shtick is to act like a Massillon fan.
I hear hes got a secret tape from a Russian hotel, fyi to all.

I played for Massillon unlike the loudest mouthed boosters of Massillon, lord wouldíve blessed me if I scored four touchdowns in one game.
Old 02-10-18, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sure, because one guy feels that way ALL of Massillon does, I swear you people are so jealous of a team/town that you say is irrelevant, yet you all spend your time thinking about them.
We already know how Massillon feels about their athletic program outside of football...which is why it was kind of silly for Striker to dispute it.
Old 02-10-18, 10:38 PM
All Ohio

Ts1960 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Look, I know your 08 win over a 6-4 Tiger squad is a top 3 all time win for Hoover but lets not blow it out of proportion. Your RB was good that year....what was his name and what's he doing now?
Oh man that kid was tough, the name escapes me right now, Iím sure he went to a big D1 school though and is probably working at some big corporate job now.... I remember some rumors about him living in the coaches basement but Iím sure that was fake news.
Old 02-10-18, 11:43 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Oh man that kid was tough, the name escapes me right now, Iím sure he went to a big D1 school though and is probably working at some big corporate job now.... I remember some rumors about him living in the coaches basement but Iím sure that was fake news.
You're right, he was an amazing talent on both sides of the ball. In fact, he won Ohio's Mr. Football award two times. Most schools are unable to claim even one Mr. Football winner.

Unfortunately, he made some poor personal decisions and is now paying a great price for them. Hopefully, he can eventually get his life back on track.

Yes, there were family circumstances that led him to live with Hoover's football coach for a while. A situation similar to when the kid from LaSalle lived with Massillon's coach recently. However, I don't recall the OHSAA finding any fault with how Hoover handled that. But, Massillon had to deal with the player, as well as the coach, sitting out games, a fine had to be paid, a court case ensued, and there were many other repercussions for their involvement.
Old 02-10-18, 11:43 PM
Moderated User

I personally flip flop on the subject of joining the league. Sometimes I think it would be nice on a Friday night to make a trip to Perry or Jackson, and the following week maybe host Lake or Hoover....I think if any of the following were having a better than average season the anticipation would bring a lot of excitement and attendance would be great. On the other hand there are those who think that the league has, "caught up." A league that has a team that, when they joined the league, a stipulation was that the league doesn't allow Massillon in. A league that has three teams that refuse to schedule Massillon, they claim many reasons for not scheduling Massillon but one would have to wonder how much their combined 3-20 record play into it. Lake has had a legit reason for not scheduling Massillon in the past but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lake Massillon game in the near future. GlenOak can say what they want, win or lose because at least they schedule us and McKinley is McKinley.
Old 02-10-18, 11:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I personally flip flop on the subject of joining the league. Sometimes I think it would be nice on a Friday night to make a trip to Perry or Jackson, and the following week maybe host Lake or Hoover....I think if any of the following were having a better than average season the anticipation would bring a lot of excitement and attendance would be great. On the other hand there are those who think that the league has, "caught up." A league that has a team that, when they joined the league, a stipulation was that the league doesn't allow Massillon in. A league that has three teams that refuse to schedule Massillon, they claim many reasons for not scheduling Massillon but one would have to wonder how much their combined 3-20 record play into it. Lake has had a legit reason for not scheduling Massillon in the past but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lake Massillon game in the near future. GlenOak can say what they want, win or lose because at least they schedule us and McKinley is McKinley.
Beg and grovel.
Old 02-11-18, 01:04 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
You're right, he was an amazing talent on both sides of the ball. In fact, he won Ohio's Mr. Football award two times. Most schools are unable to claim even one Mr. Football winner.

Unfortunately, he made some poor personal decisions and is now paying a great price for them. Hopefully, he can eventually get his life back on track.

Yes, there were family circumstances that led him to live with Hoover's football coach for a while. A situation similar to when the kid from LaSalle lived with Massillon's coach recently. However, I don't recall the OHSAA finding any fault with how Hoover handled that. But, Massillon had to deal with the player, as well as the coach, sitting out games, a fine had to be paid, a court case ensued, and there were many other repercussions for their involvement.
Shall we compare the futures for said Mumford and Howard ? Which Coach helped the student athlete prepare for the future ? The one who will compete for a starting OL position at Ohio St or the one who wonít walk into a grocery store again until he is in his mid 50ís.
Itís sickening that once again you are defending a convicted rapist.
Old 02-11-18, 01:14 AM
All Ohio

The league has done nothing for mckinley in the big 3 sports and certainly has done nothing for them at all in any other sports. The mck team picture just doesnít fit with that league and mck fans will tell you they hear about it at many games during the season from the ďholier then thouĒ fed fans.
Iíll stick with my bet that by 2025 mck will be an independent or in a league with Massillon...
Old 02-11-18, 02:41 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And WE know how Jackson and Hoover feel about their football programs. Sad.

Sometimes I think it would be nice on a Friday night to make a trip to Perry or Jackson, and the following week maybe host Lake or Hoover....I think if any of the following were having a better than average season the anticipation would bring a lot of excitement and attendance would be great. On the other hand there are those who think that the league has, "caught up."

A league that has three teams that refuse to schedule Massillon, they claim many reasons for not scheduling Massillon but one would have to wonder how much their combined 3-20 record play into it.
I've said many times I want the game to be played. Some of my favorite football seasons are those in which Massillon did well. But the record has little to do with it for Jackson. There were two games in the 70s that were blowout Massillon wins -- obviously back then there was no contest as to who was better. Jackson was just a filler game. There was the 1990 playoff game that was a good contest that Massillon won by a touchdown. That's your 0-3. Congrats. And I know what the current AD said but there was plenty of history for the Jax program before he got here and football was never good under him until recently. It was the old gambling, embezzling AD Bill Dessecker that put in the bans against you guys and Central.

I'm asking honestly: do you think Massillon searches for talent from other schools, or at least gets a lot of transfers for a public school? I'm not saying it's good or bad. Maybe it's good for a student at Jackson who isn't academically inclined but has amazing talent on the gridiron to go to Massillon instead. Maybe that affords him opportunities he wouldn't otherwise have. At least in the past it was, obviously. From the perspective of Jackson coaches and especially players though (who put in a LOT of work whether you admit it or not), they might understandably not be enthused when that happens. And I won't even necessarily say that they are reasonable in thinking that way -- people have freedom of choice after all -- just that I understand it from Jackson's perspective. I'm not sure why that is confusing for you.

Have you ever heard of winner's disease? Massillon has it. They have one of the richest histories in HS football not just in Ohio, but in the whole US. Because they have that history, they can do no wrong in their own eyes. That leads to extreme arrogance and the praise of boneheaded or wrong decisions, and delusional thinking. The present becomes irrelevant. How far behind can the Fed be if every matchup in recent memory is a close, great game? How are we not close to catching up? Why aren't you running away with the D2 title, or even close to competing for it if you're so good? You were D1 just a few years ago. For that matter, why hasn't there been a public school title in Stark County in a generation? Maybe all isn't well in Camelot. Jackson has put a running clock on GlenOak teams you barely beat by a field goal. It's just not realistic to say you're so far ahead of us. I know what our record is against McKinley but why are the contests close at all? Shouldn't they be beating us by 30 points? Massillon losing by one score to McK is top-tier football but Jackson losing by 2 points to McK means we suck. OK. Gosh, hope we don't have any more of those undefeated Fed matchups between the Polar Bears and Bulldogs, that would be horrible. How about Wakefield and his losing record to Jackson since he came back? And shouldn't GlenOak (also in possession of a losing record against Jackson in the past five years like Wakefield), you know, actually be beating us? The "tough" Golden Eagles took 8 losses in a row to not just Jackson, but Hoover also when they were a much bigger school and you guys were playing them in those "great," hard-nosed games. Speaking of Hoover, they got a lot closer to a D1 (yes, D1, not D2... the big leagues) championship title than you guys ever did, missing OT by a wide right field goal. But yes, I do think Massillon is a better program than Jackson. That's obvious. But the arrogance of "they don't even belong on the same field as us but once every 10 years" ... please. It's so obnoxious. We're not obligated to play you, but man I hope we do sign a series. The eventual Jackson win and proof that you're not that much better than us will pop the bubble some Massillon fans live in so hard that a few of them will probably stop attending games at PBTS out of grief.

There's just no reasonable explanation for all this that includes Massillon being 100% saintly and Jax/NCH being 100% evil, or Massillon being so much better that we are scared to play.

Last edited by jackson03; 02-11-18 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-11-18, 08:13 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well here comes mac and y2h and another thread goes into the crapper.
Nice try, but everyone can see that you and striker were the first turds in the bowl. Massillon posters ruin yet another thread. Good job mods.
Old 02-11-18, 08:18 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Shall we compare the futures for said Mumford and Howard.
Typical classy move by Massillon poster bringing up a former player's crime. One would think they would stay away from such a topic given their own soiled past of players, booster club presidents and most recently assistant coaches whom have run afoul of the law.

Good job mods. Another thread ruined by these jerks.
Old 02-11-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The league has done nothing for mckinley in the big 3 sports and certainly has done nothing for them at all in any other sports. The mck team picture just doesnít fit with that league and mck fans will tell you they hear about it at many games during the season from the ďholier then thouĒ fed fans.
Iíll stick with my bet that by 2025 mck will be an independent or in a league with Massillon...
And your real reason for saying they don't fit rear it's ugly head. Charges of racism are always fun.
Old 02-11-18, 09:13 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Typical classy move by Massillon poster bringing up a former player's crime. One would think they would stay away from such a topic given their own soiled past of players, booster club presidents and most recently assistant coaches whom have run afoul of the law.

The topic of crimes is one I wouldn't want to open if I were you, it'll only prove that there is no difference between certain schools.
Old 02-11-18, 09:33 AM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I've said many times I want the game to be played. Some of my favorite football seasons are those in which Massillon did well. But the record has little to do with it for Jackson. There were two games in the 70s that were blowout Massillon wins -- obviously back then there was no contest as to who was better. Jackson was just a filler game. There was the 1990 playoff game that was a good contest that Massillon won by a touchdown. That's your 0-3. Congrats. And I know what the current AD said but there was plenty of history for the Jax program before he got here and football was never good under him until recently. It was the old gambling, embezzling AD Bill Dessecker that put in the bans against you guys and Central.

I'm asking honestly: do you think Massillon searches for talent from other schools, or at least gets a lot of transfers for a public school? I'm not saying it's good or bad. Maybe it's good for a student at Jackson who isn't academically inclined but has amazing talent on the gridiron to go to Massillon instead. Maybe that affords him opportunities he wouldn't otherwise have. At least in the past it was, obviously. From the perspective of Jackson coaches and especially players though (who put in a LOT of work whether you admit it or not), they might understandably not be enthused when that happens. And I won't even necessarily say that they are reasonable in thinking that way -- people have freedom of choice after all -- just that I understand it from Jackson's perspective. I'm not sure why that is confusing for you.

Have you ever heard of winner's disease? Massillon has it. They have one of the richest histories in HS football not just in Ohio, but in the whole US. Because they have that history, they can do no wrong in their own eyes. That leads to extreme arrogance and the praise of boneheaded or wrong decisions, and delusional thinking. The present becomes irrelevant. How far behind can the Fed be if every matchup in recent memory is a close, great game? How are we not close to catching up? Why aren't you running away with the D2 title, or even close to competing for it if you're so good? You were D1 just a few years ago. For that matter, why hasn't there been a public school title in Stark County in a generation? Maybe all isn't well in Camelot. Jackson has put a running clock on GlenOak teams you barely beat by a field goal. It's just not realistic to say you're so far ahead of us. I know what our record is against McKinley but why are the contests close at all? Shouldn't they be beating us by 30 points? Massillon losing by one score to McK is top-tier football but Jackson losing by 2 points to McK means we suck. OK. Gosh, hope we don't have any more of those undefeated Fed matchups between the Polar Bears and Bulldogs, that would be horrible. How about Wakefield and his losing record to Jackson since he came back? And shouldn't GlenOak (also in possession of a losing record against Jackson in the past five years like Wakefield), you know, actually be beating us? The "tough" Golden Eagles took 8 losses in a row to not just Jackson, but Hoover also when they were a much bigger school and you guys were playing them in those "great," hard-nosed games. Speaking of Hoover, they got a lot closer to a D1 (yes, D1, not D2... the big leagues) championship title than you guys ever did, missing OT by a wide right field goal. But yes, I do think Massillon is a better program than Jackson. That's obvious. But the arrogance of "they don't even belong on the same field as us but once every 10 years" ... please. It's so obnoxious. We're not obligated to play you, but man I hope we do sign a series. The eventual Jackson win and proof that you're not that much better than us will pop the bubble some Massillon fans live in so hard that a few of them will probably stop attending games at PBTS out of grief.

There's just no reasonable explanation for all this that includes Massillon being 100% saintly and Jax/NCH being 100% evil, or Massillon being so much better that we are scared to play.
This is a good post, You are correct on a lot of it. The question you ask, Does MASSILLON search for players at other schools? My answer NO. Massillon does not. As in the coaches do not. But I will say with 100% certainty we have kids that have friends at other schools and parents that try to convince other parents from other schools to bring their kids to Massillon. We have idiot Boosters that do the same. That is not the coaches. This is the same stuff that happens at every school. Read the threads on here alone and that proves that. As far as Massillon getting in the Fed. I am against it. I think itís good we play GlenOak. McKinley to me is not a Fed team even though they are in that league. I would love to see other Fed teams play Massillon but they wonít for reasons of their own. But I donít want Massillon in the Fed because I think it will kill the rivalry among Massillon and these schools when they do meet in the regular season or playoffs. The Perry Massillon games are always Electric atmospheres. A Jackson vs Massillon game would be fun. The band show itself would be great alone. Hoover vs Massillon another fun game and I completely hate Hoover. In league play I believe it would go stale whether the Fed teams won games or not. You are correct Massillon is not what we once were. Smaller teams, fundamentals of the game are not taught at the level they once were. They depend on having better athletes now than better fundamentals. But Coach Moore is changing that and going back to the way it used to be. You could see that last year. If he stays at Massillon for years to come the gap in football may just widen again and you will see the Fed kids start to gravitate there again If Massillon is consistently making a run in the playoffs. Perry will be good till Wakefield retires. Jackson could go either way. They currently are at the end of a great cycle of players. McKinley by all rights should be killing everybody with the sure size of the school but they donít, why is that ďFUNDAMENTALSĒ. Look at the most successful team around here lately Perry. Wakefield beats fundamentals into those kids and they win. Massillon last year taught fundamentals on defense. And they make the state semi finals. So if the Jacksonís and Hooverís were going to play and beat Massillon on a regular basis I think they missed that opportunity and as long as Moore is at Massillon this debate will go on and on. But as you know Massillon has acquired some great Asst coaches recently from Jackson. That very well could continue what Moore is building. So Good luck.
Old 02-11-18, 09:54 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post

How's the old saying go? If ifs and buts were candy and nuts. You criticizing when and or how we got to 3-0 against you is silly. How long has Dessecker been gone? You've had plenty of time to start a dialogue with Massillon about a potential series, Massillon has not only shown an interest in joining the league, which shows they are willing to play home and home (you can't lean on that excuse anymore), they have also stated that they are willing to play home and home wether they're in your league or not....(GlenOak....Perry). As far as your next question, nobody ever answers this so how about you be the first? What are your thoughts on Perry's wrestling program getting talent from all over the....WORLD? Does anyone from the league stomp their feet and hold their breath when the subject of wrestling Perry is on the table? Do the Jackson wrestling coaches and participants not put in a lot of work like you claim the football coaches and players do? I'm not sure why that is so confusing for YOU. Since you're in the know, and we're on the subject what are the thoughts of the Jackson coaches and players on the Hoover girls Basketball program? Their softball program? For crying out loud Goodpasture (at least used to ) gives "pitching lessons." Could you imagine if Moore ran a QB camp for all the local Jr high quarterbacks? You wanna know how far behind can you be if every game is close? You get no computer points for close, Perry, GlenOak and McKinley fans didn't drive home after games they lost to Massillon saying, "hey at least we kept it close." You have all been playing football for many years, you should have caught up already, actually when we hear YOUR stories about Massillon football, you should have left us in the dust by now. If you want to compare scores we can do that too but it isn't very logical. Again with the comparing scores/
games, a typical Massillon team would have beaten Toledo St. Francis by 4 scores. How would a typical Hoover team done against St X? Also, since you like to compare scores, and you brought up Hoover, lets look at our head to head with them....shall we? One and four? Hmm. I do however think its rich that you feel Massillon attitude towards Jackson is obnoxious....I have to let that sink in for a minute....lol. How are we supposed to feel? Not only haven't you answered your phone, your very own AD made the now infamous comment, he must feel the same. You say...."the EVENTUAL Jackson win....(eventual?)....will prove that you're not THAT MUCH better than us. Now....you speak of a potential Jackson win possibly ending the attendance of some fans. They might not show up anymore you say because of your "potential" win against us? I think you need to worry more about your attendance after halftime and less about ours.
Old 02-11-18, 10:05 AM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post

First you cry about the redundancy of this thread claiming that threads from past years on the same subject should just be revived. Then you attack Massillon posters calling them turds, then you attack the mods and say they should shut this down. Yet nowhere in any of your posts do you actually comment on-topic for this thread. Mods, if these actions aren't the epitome of trolling I don't know what is, shut this guy down, he's the biggest problem on Yappi.
Old 02-11-18, 10:19 AM
All Ohio

starkfb
It will be good to have Perry play Massillon in the playoffs again-the way it should be. Jackson03, no offense , but you have not lost players to another team like Perry has. Anytime we play them we lose players. So, I prefer to not play them. If Perry kids stay loyal to their friends ,fellow players and community they can do a fine job yearly.
Old 02-11-18, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
This is a good post, You are correct on a lot of it. The question you ask, Does MASSILLON search for players at other schools? My answer NO. Massillon does not. As in the coaches do not.
Here's yet another epic fail from a myopic Massillon fan. You must have a short memory. Here's an excerpt from an article concerning Massillon's recruiting violation from 2016 -

The Ohio High School Athletic Association has concluded its investigation into Massillon Washington High Schoolís football program and determined several sanctions will be assessed for recruiting violations by former La Salle coach Nate Moore, who is the Tigers' head coach and athletic director.

OHSAA Interim Commissioner Dave Gray made the announcement Saturday morning in a news release. The investigation involved several student-athletes who the OHSAA said in the release "were recruited to attend Massillon Washington by its head football coach, Nate Moore, along with other Massillon Washington assistant football coaches and boosters."

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sch...ach-nate-moore

Open your eyes.
Old 02-11-18, 10:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Here's yet another epic fail from a myopic Massillon fan. You must have a short memory. Here's an excerpt from an article concerning Massillon's recruiting violation from 2016 -

The Ohio High School Athletic Association has concluded its investigation into Massillon Washington High Schoolís football program and determined several sanctions will be assessed for recruiting violations by former La Salle coach Nate Moore, who is the Tigers' head coach and athletic director.

OHSAA Interim Commissioner Dave Gray made the announcement Saturday morning in a news release. The investigation involved several student-athletes who the OHSAA said in the release "were recruited to attend Massillon Washington by its head football coach, Nate Moore, along with other Massillon Washington assistant football coaches and boosters."

Open your eyes.
You know as well as I do that was the initial charge not what came out in court when the OHSAA was called on the carpet and had the chance to prove it. Go away you idiot. Jackson people even think your a goof.
Old 02-11-18, 10:43 AM
All World

Quote:

Open your eyes.
There was only 1 player talked to by coaches, and that was Munford and it's a special case. The others were talked to by boosters, and the coaches can't control that. None of the players involved were from any FED schools, your argument doesn't hold water. To this day I believe that Munford made the choice that was the best interest for his present life and for his future.
Old 02-11-18, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

It was several students recruited and multiple coaches.

And it doesn't matter how many times you say it wasn't.
Old 02-11-18, 10:58 AM
All World

Quote:

Then show proof. What were their names who were the coaches?
Old 02-11-18, 11:07 AM
All World

Quote:

Until you show proof beyond OHSAA's final findings it doesn't matter how many times you say it was.
Old 02-11-18, 11:27 AM
Moderated User

Ya know, this debate will never end. Fans of schools like Jackson, Perry & Hoover want respect and in many many ways deserve it. In all seriousness there are many things that I respect about each school but then posters like mac, y2h and man2man show up and totally trash everything Massillon has EVER accomplished.

Last edited by sam the butcher; 02-11-18 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-11-18, 11:33 AM
All World

What is the difference with these..

Munford comes to Massillon to play for former coach.

2 kids move to Hoover to play for former coach.

Colorado kid moves to Canton to play for former Coach.

Rules state a coach cannot have contact with there former players from previous school.
Old 02-11-18, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
What is the difference with these..

Munford comes to Massillon to play for former coach.

2 kids move to Hoover to play for former coach.

Colorado kid moves to Canton to play for former Coach.

Rules state a coach cannot have contact with there former players from previous school.
The difference is that the OHSAA found Massillon guilty of recruiting and punished them.
Old 02-11-18, 11:53 AM
All World

Quote:
The difference is that the OHSAA found Massillon guilty of recruiting and punished them.
So you are saying the other 3 kids 2 at Hoover 1 at McKinley had zero contact with their previous coach before moving in. They just showed up.