Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-09-18, 08:09 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Another fact is that the Tigers have a 48-133 record against the Pups in Boys Basketball. That's 85 games under .500.
Another more interesting fact is Jackson's 0fer vs Massillon. That's a .000 winning pct. vs Massillon. But sure, live vicariously through McKinley.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-09-18, 08:11 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Oops! I forgot that Tigers fans don't like discussing things like basketball and baseball, especially over the last 8 years or so.

But, ANY discussion of Federal League expansion has to address basketball, baseball, as well as the other 19 sports in which league members compete. Don't expect anyone to join so they can participate in just one sport.

Only the myopic would consider just one sport as it relates to an all around league like the Federal League.
Or we could discuss the sport that your very own AD admits your school isn't ready to compete with us in.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-09-18, 10:09 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,087
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Oops! I forgot that Tigers fans don't like discussing things like basketball and baseball, especially over the last 8 years or so.

But, ANY discussion of Federal League expansion has to address basketball, baseball, as well as the other 19 sports in which league members compete. Don't expect anyone to join so they can participate in just one sport.

Only the myopic would consider just one sport as it relates to an all around league like the Federal League.
Except this is the football forum and nobody gives a damn about the other sports, what was the attendance at the Jackson-Lake baseball game last year ? How about the doubleheader against mckinley ? I bet they pack them in at the Jackson-GO soccer match.
What a tool.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-09-18, 10:22 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,839
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Or we could discuss the sport that your very own AD admits your school isn't ready to compete with us in.
That was an extremely embarrassing comment that the AD made, no doubt. Probably true at the time. But 5 years later I think the program is in better shape and he should revise his thinking. The kids have put in a lot of work and it isn't just one QB.

I say play the game.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-10-18, 09:58 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,850
my2sense is on a distinguished road
OK we can add check this off the list of annual winter topics:

Public vs Private - should they have separate playoffs?
OHSAA divisions and CB rankings
Fed League - should they let Massillon in

We could just re-post the same threads from 2014, 2015, 2016 etc and save time.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-10-18, 10:14 AM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,262
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
OK we can add check this off the list of annual winter topics:

Public vs Private - should they have separate playoffs?
OHSAA divisions and CB rankings
Fed League - should they let Massillon in

We could just re-post the same threads from 2014, 2015, 2016 etc and save time.
If you don't like the threads you aren't being forced to participate. You can sit idly by on the sidelines and read. Maybe you thought you would be awarded a participation trophy? Go away troll, it doesn't matter what you want.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-10-18, 10:34 AM
y2h y2h is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,101
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Except this is the football forum and nobody gives a damn about the other sports, what was the attendance at the Jackson-Lake baseball game last year ? How about the doubleheader against mckinley ? I bet they pack them in at the Jackson-GO soccer match.
What a tool.
Speaking of tools...

If you don't play football you don't matter....that's the Massillon attitude we all love. Very progressive.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-10-18, 11:06 AM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Who won the Tiger Viking basketball game this year?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-10-18, 11:36 AM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,262
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Speaking of tools...

If you don't talk football in the football forum you don't matter....that's the Massillon attitude we all love. Very progressive.
Fixed that for you.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-10-18, 12:05 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
They should be in the league. The problem is Massillon believes the league is below them and Louisville believes it is too far above them .
Why is that a problem? Are you saying that the Fed teams who voted NO on the Tigers admittance voted no for that reason? Are you saying fragile egos are whats keeping the Tigers out?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-10-18, 12:15 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATCAT67 View Post
Perry would have easily been in the D2 final game. That's just better coaching than what Massillon has, not a whole lot to argue on that point. Massillon was very young this year and I'm sure next year they will be a force, but Jackson's passing attack would have buried Massillon.
Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-10-18, 12:43 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,351
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Who won the Tiger Viking basketball game this year?
Massillon beat Hoover in basketball this season.

As did Lake, Louisville, McKinley, Jackson, Brunswick, GlenOak, Lake again, Copley, Perry, Green, Canton Central Catholic, McKinley again, Firestone, and Jackson again.

Congratulations on that monumental achievement.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-10-18, 02:12 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
chiefy is the prime example of the Booster Club brain drain, it’s completely embarrassing.

chiefy never sniffed the field, so on Saturday mornings he snaps on his chin strap throws “eye of the tiger” in his Kenwood tape deck and logs in the internet to defend Massillon to the death no matter the straw man arguement.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-10-18, 02:40 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Massillon beat Hoover in basketball this season.

As did Lake, Louisville, McKinley, Jackson, Brunswick, GlenOak, Lake again, Copley, Perry, Green, Canton Central Catholic, McKinley again, Firestone, and Jackson again.

Congratulations on that monumental achievement.
Oh....the, "it was a down year" card. Nice. The way some of you talk, Massillons bball program is in a state where even a mediocre Hoover team should be able to beat them.

Good thing our AD didnt make the same statement yours did.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-10-18, 03:59 PM
y2h y2h is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,101
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Fixed that for you.
Fail. He didn't say other sports don't matter in this forum, he said other sports don't matter and went on to cite attendance to make his point.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-10-18, 04:02 PM
y2h y2h is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,101
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Oh....the, "it was a down year" card. Nice. The way some of you talk, Massillons bball program is in a state where even a mediocre Hoover team should be able to beat them.

Good thing our AD didnt make the same statement yours did.
Hoover is the worst team in the league this year...in fact it's the worst Hoover team in decades...as Mack said congrats on the achievement.

BTW who won the Tiger-Viking district semi last year?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-10-18, 04:11 PM
y2h y2h is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,101
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Why is that a problem? Are you saying that the Fed teams who voted NO on the Tigers admittance voted no for that reason? Are you saying fragile egos are whats keeping the Tigers out?
Yes I'm saying Massillon has a fragile ego. Losing to Fed teams and failure to win the league would break them as they believe they are vastly superior.

It's also the reason they don't acknowledge their other athletic programs because they are inferior.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-10-18, 04:14 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,262
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Fail. He didn't say other sports don't matter in this forum, he said other sports don't matter and went on to cite attendance to make his point.
You are incompetent, read post #63 and tell me that isn't exactly what he said. Here's the exact quote, "Except this is the football forum and nobody gives a damn about the other sports", now, talk football or take it to one of the other sports forums. Even the thread starter didn't mention any other sports, as this forum is about football, and his expansion thread was about football and it's part in any expansions. Not hard to understand but easy to derail for you and the gang of trolls you post with.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-10-18, 04:18 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,262
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Yes I'm saying Massillon has a fragile ego. Losing to Fed teams and failure to win the league would break them as they believe they are vastly superior.

It's also the reason they don't acknowledge their other athletic programs because they are inferior.
Oh, so now you are trying to sell the reason to not let Massillon in is to save them from a broken ego? You are really reaching to try and sell that, too bad the real reasons for them not being accepted have been shown numerous times numerous ways. If you're scared just say it, not everyone will laugh at you, just most of them.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-10-18, 04:20 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,351
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
You are incompetent, read post #63 and tell me that isn't exactly what he said. Here's the exact quote, "Except this is the football forum and nobody gives a damn about the other sports", now, talk football or take it to one of the other sports forums. Even the thread starter didn't mention any other sports, as this forum is about football, and his expansion thread was about football and it's part in any expansions. Not hard to understand but easy to derail for you and the gang of trolls you post with.
But, the topic is Federal League Expansion and that IS NOT a one sport proposition. The Fed competes in 21 sports although you Massillon fans don't want to think about that.

Be careful of what you wish for. It wouldn't be pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-10-18, 04:21 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,262
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
But, the topic is Federal League Expansion and that IS NOT a one sport proposition. The Fed competes in 21 sports although you Massillon fans don't want to think about that.

Be careful of what you wish for. It wouldn't be pretty.
Still in the football forum, keep it about football, that's the subject of the forum, period.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-10-18, 04:28 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,351
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Jackson has now won the Federal League All-Sports Trophy 6 years in a row.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2017...-sports-trophy

I highly suspect Massillon would be in the basement or near to it in those standings.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-10-18, 04:42 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,262
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Jackson has now won the Federal League All-Sports Trophy 6 years in a row.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2017...-sports-trophy

I highly suspect Massillon would be in the basement or near to it in those standings.
All the more reason to let them in. You aren't supporting your argument to keep them out with that type of info. Let them in and beat them down in the other sports since you hate their arrogance so much, that would teach them, correct? See, you make an argument one way, then change direction when it isn't going the way you'd like. They would be no competition for the all-sports trophy, that's a fact. So, what's the next excuse? Too many in the CB numbers for an OE school? That doesn't hold water either, as OE schools should strive for as many to come to the school as possible, no other reason to be OE. If you're scared just say it, your shoulders can handle the laughter.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-10-18, 04:48 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Hoover is the worst team in the league this year...in fact it's the worst Hoover team in decades...as Mack said congrats on the achievement.

BTW who won the Tiger-Viking district semi last year?
Hmm. I remember a lot of chest thumping when Hoover beat a 6-4 Tiger team in 08.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-10-18, 05:09 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,581
Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
FYI, The Tigers are 30-14 all time against NCH and 17-16 with Jackson in boys basketball
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-10-18, 05:12 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,087
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
chiefy is the prime example of the Booster Club brain drain, it’s completely embarrassing.

chiefy never sniffed the field, so on Saturday mornings he snaps on his chin strap throws “eye of the tiger” in his Kenwood tape deck and logs in the internet to defend Massillon to the death no matter the straw man arguement.
Senior year and # for you then ????
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-10-18, 05:15 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,087
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
But, the topic is Federal League Expansion and that IS NOT a one sport proposition. The Fed competes in 21 sports although you Massillon fans don't want to think about that.

Be careful of what you wish for. It wouldn't be pretty.
In the football thread, troll. None of us are wishing at all to be in that league. As I’ve stated before mckinley will leave that league before Massillon is in it.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-10-18, 05:17 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is online now
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,087
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Jackson has now won the Federal League All-Sports Trophy 6 years in a row.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2017...-sports-trophy

I highly suspect Massillon would be in the basement or near to it in those standings.
I highly suspect when you troll Massillon the threads fall apart. Typical from a non football playing school....
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-10-18, 05:22 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,581
Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I understand Jackson may be scheduling the Tigers in one of the major sports, very shortly.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-10-18, 05:26 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Hmm. I remember a lot of chest thumping when Hoover beat a 6-4 Tiger team in 08.
That was their best team ever and our worst
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Federal League OH Hoop News Girls Basketball 1 11-25-17 01:42 AM
RED Flag/Federal league fleadog101 Football 5 11-21-17 02:14 AM
Federal League got swept fleadog101 Football 145 11-10-17 10:35 AM
Federal League and Other Local Playoff Picks Round 1 BIG ED Football 22 11-05-17 12:14 AM
The Federal league and The A A C fleadog101 Football 41 08-05-17 11:34 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz