Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-18, 05:20 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,114
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Marvin Lewis Re-Signed through 2019

Hard to believe.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-02-18, 05:21 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,316
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Great news!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-18, 05:23 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 16,256
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
It plain stupidity.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-18, 05:42 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Stunning, even for the Bengals.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-18, 05:49 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,472
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Serves the fans right for defending him for so long. The guy didn't win a playoff game for 13 seasons and well over half the fanbase was apoplectic at the suggestion of firing him.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-18, 06:02 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,294
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
The one coach everyone was sure was fired 2 weeks ago is still standing and 6 others are gone. I don't know why he would want this. I can't imagine any Bengal fans are happy. As a Steeler fan I'm ok with it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-02-18, 06:14 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,968
HTFF is on a distinguished road
He's back
He's cheap
Does mike Browns bidding
Will Win 2 games to go 7-9 when it doesn't matter
Will get out coached in the second half of every close game
Will draft poorly for the future
Will fail to win a playoff game
Yep. That's our Marvin
Glad I gave up season tickets years ago. Have not missed a thing!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-02-18, 06:20 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,495
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Did not see this one coming

I have to believe Hue is coming back to join him.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-02-18, 06:21 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,495
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
We'll take big Jack
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-02-18, 06:54 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
He's back
He's cheap
Does mike Browns bidding
Will Win 2 games to go 7-9 when it doesn't matter
Will get out coached in the second half of every close game
Will draft poorly for the future
Will fail to win a playoff game
Yep. That's our Marvin
Glad I gave up season tickets years ago. Have not missed a thing!
99.99% of season tix holders will piss and moan, but ultimately keep their tix. The only power the fans have is as a collective. However, there will always be ppl that "break the picket line" bc they're weak.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-02-18, 06:57 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
It's because Hue isn't available
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-02-18, 06:58 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,185
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Serves the fans right for defending him for so long. The guy didn't win a playoff game for 13 seasons and well over half the fanbase was apoplectic at the suggestion of firing him.
I haven't come across that half of the fan base you're referring to.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-02-18, 06:59 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,496
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Yeah I think he is off on that one.

Hot take
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-02-18, 07:01 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,472
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I haven't come across that half of the fan base you're referring to.
The majority of fans were behind him even after the loss to Pittsburgh in the playoffs 2 seasons ago.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-02-18, 07:01 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,185
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
99.99% of season tix holders will piss and moan, but ultimately keep their tix. The only power the fans have is as a collective. However, there will always be ppl that "break the picket line" bc they're weak.
What do you base this on? My friends and I cancelled our season tickets after the 2010 season when Lewis was brought back. Heck, Jeff Berding had to resign from city council because he needed to focus on his job at with the Bengals as director of sales.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-02-18, 07:02 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,185
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
The majority of fans were behind him even after the loss to Pittsburgh in the playoffs 2 seasons ago.
I guess we associate with different groups of Bengals fans.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-02-18, 07:12 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
What do you base this on? My friends and I cancelled our season tickets after the 2010 season when Lewis was brought back. Heck, Jeff Berding had to resign from city council because he needed to focus on his job at with the Bengals as director of sales.
Completely annecdotal.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-02-18, 07:19 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,185
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Completely annecdotal.
Except for the part that isn't. Again, can you point me to what you're basing your opinion on? Even anecdotal evidence would be ok.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-02-18, 07:45 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,968
HTFF is on a distinguished road
I had season tickets since 82. Even went a few yeas at PBS. But good golly. Enough is enough. I finally gave them up. And have not been back and never one moment of regret. Guess I'm in the .001%
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-02-18, 07:49 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,968
HTFF is on a distinguished road
There's golf to be played. Tennis to be served up
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-02-18, 08:47 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Except for the part that isn't. Again, can you point me to what you're basing your opinion on? Even anecdotal evidence would be ok.
Reading Twitter, countless comments about ppl giving up supporting the Bengals. I really want to know how many Season Tix holders give up their tix bc of this. My guess, very few. It's a lot of huffing and puffing with no action.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-02-18, 09:10 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,185
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Reading Twitter, countless comments about ppl giving up supporting the Bengals. I really want to know how many Season Tix holders give up their tix bc of this. My guess, very few. It's a lot of huffing and puffing with no action.
So your evidence that only .01% of season ticket holders will walk away is based on people complaining on twitter. That makes sense. And I'm still trying to figure out how Jeff Berding having to resign from city council to focus on marketing/sales, after Lewis was brought back in 2011 is anecdotal.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-02-18, 09:54 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
So your evidence that only .01% of season ticket holders will walk away is based on people complaining on twitter. That makes sense. And I'm still trying to figure out how Jeff Berding having to resign from city council to focus on marketing/sales, after Lewis was brought back in 2011 is anecdotal.
What % of sales come from Season Tix? I have no idea the exact %, but the only way for fans to get heard is by a significant % canceling their season tix. Unlike the UT debacle, no Bengal fan has the following that Clay Travis had, and I also doubt anyone will make up rumors about Marvin knowing about a child rape ring.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-02-18, 10:00 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,247
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
99.99% of season tix holders will piss and moan, but ultimately keep their tix. The only power the fans have is as a collective. However, there will always be ppl that "break the picket line" bc they're weak.
While the NFL would love to show people sitting in the seats on TV ticket sales mean very little to the owners in the grand scheme of things.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-02-18, 10:02 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,247
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Hard to believe.
Really? You must not follow the Bengals much.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-02-18, 10:06 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
While the NFL would love to show people sitting in the seats on TV ticket sales mean very little to the owners in the grand scheme of things.
I imagine there's some kind of clause that dictates a minimum avg attendance required to maintain a franchise. Say the Bengals average 10k fans a game, wouldn't the NFL have to step in and take control?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-02-18, 10:10 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,247
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
In reality the odds of the Bengals finding a coach that would take the job AND that would do any better than ML were about the same as my odds of winning the Power Ball this week without buying a ticket.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-02-18, 10:15 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,247
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I imagine there's some kind of clause that dictates a minimum avg attendance required to maintain a franchise. Say the Bengals average 10k fans a game, wouldn't the NFL have to step in and take control?
I'm willing to bet the NFL doesn't want any part of challenging the Brown family on something like that if it does exist given the attendance issues across the league.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-02-18, 10:19 PM
PantherVOR's Avatar
PantherVOR PantherVOR is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-03
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 10,247
PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
What do you base this on? My friends and I cancelled our season tickets after the 2010 season when Lewis was brought back. Heck, Jeff Berding had to resign from city council because he needed to focus on his job at with the Bengals as director of sales.
I hate to defend Pboy but... HYPERBOLE! Ever heard of it?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-02-18, 11:03 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
In reality the odds of the Bengals finding a coach that would take the job AND that would do any better than ML were about the same as my odds of winning the Power Ball this week without buying a ticket.
There's plenty of established talent on the roster for a competent coach to win 10/11 games.

QB- Dalton is decent. Nowhere near elite, but he's firmly in the top half of QBs in the league.
WR/TE- Above average with Green, and a healthy Eifert. Boyd and Croft have both shown potential.
OL- Played better towards the end of the year, but still sub par.
RB- Mixon is an emerging star, Bernard is one of the more underrated backs in the League

DL- Atkins is still a stud, but the rest of the unit is so-so with the exception of Lawson.
LB- Weakest unit on the team. Burfict is one of the best in the League, but he's a nutcase and not reliable. The rest of the group are backup players at best.
Secondary- Average on the whole, but Jackson has shown flashes of being very good.

Top needs in the Draft: OT, OLB/DE, OG
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is going to win this one: Hilliard Darby or Lewis Center Olentangy???? IUDOGS Football 25 08-25-17 10:58 PM
Jerry Lewis, Comedy Legend, Dead at 91 Yappi General Board 16 08-22-17 06:25 PM
OHSAA State Duals Changes for 2019 Lionattack Wrestling 16 08-11-17 08:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz