Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-03-18, 12:09 PM
Moderated User

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineGuy View Post
I never would have applied for the job with the administration situation. I currently coach elsewhere and never would go to West g in its current state. I have been a part of winning programs and still am. I would never pull the string of playing my kid because itís my kid. For a head coach, you can say your building great character and kids, still comes to getting Wís. People that apply for the job are insane. They had all top five candidates turn them down last year which is why they called Craemer out of desperation. Once again they had three guys turn the job down already. No one wants to coach here, and can you blame people. Most are taking a pay cut especially with the levy that didnít pass. Go Lions!

My bad Wolverineguy, I thought with your user name, inside knowledge of practice, the coaches schedule of watching film, knowing the exact record of freshmen and JV teams, knowing the staff is WG graduates, knowledge of "the amazing kids" and kids who are a "cancer", and Coach Cirino and his culture...led me to surmise you are a WG parent. Evidently you are a fan of NDCL, Orange or both. Go Lions indeed!

If Cirino's culture was so bad, and the present staff was there, how can you say they are good? Read some of the things people mentioned in this thread. If half of it is true then there really is no argument IMO. It was all "Lou" and this horrrible class? I guess the staff had no influence on the team (who would want a staff like that?). So it was all Craemer, Cirino and the kids. I guess we agree to disagree...I will trust what the WG parents tell me and you can trust your sources.
Old 02-03-18, 01:34 PM
Freshman

WolverineGuy is on a distinguished road
Saw new guys on the staff thisnyear. I believe from what I was told the entire defensive staff was let go before thisnpast season. Parents said they saw new faces out there. Could be wrong but anyway the program is in trouble and they still canít find a person to take this team over. And it is indeed the orange lions.
Old 02-03-18, 01:50 PM
All District

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
All I gotta say after reading all of the posts on here is that there must be a whole list of problems beneath the surface that no one knows about for 2-3 people to turn the job down. There must be a reason that the job was posted 3 months ago and still no coach.

Whoever the new coach is will have the same problems as Craemer now no matter what. They will get only a few months to get coaches (if what everyone is saying is true that the entire staff won't be back). Do you know how hard it is to find an entire staff of coaches in only a few months? Not going to be easy. Im sure some of the assistants will be back. The defensive coordinator has been there for a long time I know and is a west G guy so he will probably be back. There's no way the new coach will be able to find 5-7 assistants or more in a month or 2. Then they will only get a few months to install a new offense and defensive system, get a lifting program going, connect with the youth programs, get a summer schedule, etc. Craemer got hired at the end of April and from what everyone says couldn't do it. By the time west G finds a new coach, who knows what the timeframe will be. This district continues to ruin what should be a contending program every year in the CVC
Old 02-07-18, 04:08 PM
Moderated User

Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Any news? They havenít had a coach in three months!
It not like they are splitting an ATOM!
Old 02-09-18, 07:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westgbooster View Post
Pretty odd that they haven't announced a coach or AD yet. Leonette said he was resigning effective Feb 2nd, surprised nothing else has come out. Sounds a lot like last year's situation all over again
Old 02-09-18, 10:37 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Splitting the atom will be easy compared to filling out a staff when the new coach gets hired so late in the game. That job needs to get filled yesterday. Maybe the "Orange parent" can find some good candidates!
Old 02-09-18, 05:04 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
Pretty odd that they haven't announced a coach or AD yet. Leonette said he was resigning effective Feb 2nd, surprised nothing else has come out. Sounds a lot like last year's situation all over again
Tim Sckozen is the new AD. He started on monday. Principal sent out a huge email about it. He had started his interview process on Wednesday. He should have lots of influence being he has been an AD for 12 years plus. I worked for him on the football staff in Independence. Smart guy who knows how to find coaches. He will get it done quickly. 5 turned down the offer already.

Program is in bad shape, they won't even allow the football kids to go into the weight room because there is no coach. Sounds like one of their star players has already started the paperwork for NDCL.
Old 02-09-18, 05:06 PM
Freshman

Just FYI, Craemer got hired so late so he had trouble filling out a staff. Everyone wants to put blame on this past season on him, but what if they hire a new coach at the same point and the same thing happens. Maybe you will see Craemer was actually a decent coach who could have made some change over the course of a full off season. Just putting it out there. Hope they hire someone soon, otherwise this following season will be even worse. Talent is not as good. And that whole offensive line basically graduated as well.
Old 02-11-18, 07:12 AM
Moderated User

Any news? At this rate West Geauga will have there coaching staff in place by June.
Iím just guessing they are trying to get this done so late . They can just keep all the administration buddies as coaches. Probably prop up a cut out of Rosati and go with that.
Old 02-16-18, 07:07 AM
All District

Quote:
Any news? At this rate West Geauga will have there coaching staff in place by June.
Iím just guessing they are trying to get this done so late . They can just keep all the administration buddies as coaches. Probably prop up a cut out of Rosati and go with that.
Deja vu. Pretty sad that terrible administration is going to ruin this program for the next 5 years. Doesn't matter who the coach is at this point. The real question is, will they give this new coach a leash of longer than 6 months? Any bets?
Old 02-16-18, 09:51 AM
Freshman

No bets that the coach will be here less than 6 months. Word around town is that administration and new AD are hiring a new coach by next week. That would be interesting if they did. Probably will offer the job to two guys and they will turn it down. AD is a buddy of mine, said they have 6 candidates. Let's see how this goes right?
Old 02-16-18, 10:27 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineGuy View Post
No bets that the coach will be here less than 6 months. Word around town is that administration and new AD are hiring a new coach by next week. That would be interesting if they did. Probably will offer the job to two guys and they will turn it down. AD is a buddy of mine, said they have 6 candidates. Let's see how this goes right?
"The “cancer” is off the team now and this group of kids can go far.

The kids left on the team are awesome. The senior class had problems because Lou never disciplined them for any action. The underclass man are an amazing group of kids so no head coach coming in had to take on “awful kids” who are in need of discipline.

Hope they hire someone soon, otherwise this following season will be even worse. Talent is not as good. And that whole offensive line basically graduated as well".

Please let us know if you change your mind again on the upcoming talent. Maybe you're confused with the Orange Lions?
Old 02-16-18, 12:33 PM
All District

Fballfan10 is on a distinguished road
Heard there was a coach from Kenston High School that was a finalist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-18, 06:39 AM
Moderated User

Iím guessing if they are getting close to hiring a Coach, (from what Wolverine guy claims)
The new coach will be a subpar selection. Just average Joe. Nothing to see here. Just a win here a loss there. No commitment to excellence.
Old 02-17-18, 06:55 PM
All District

Quote:

I guess a coach from Kenston is a finalist?

Old 02-17-18, 06:56 PM
All District

Quote:
The wrestling coach would be the west g model. But with the resent levy fail, open enrollment one year but not the next then bringing it back,newberry turning west g down for a school merge. I would think West g might actually try to put a winner in the community and shed this loser mentality! So I have high hopes this year. Maybe a Larry Pinto heís not the head coach at Mayfield anymore or what about a Kenston/Mentor Coach?

I heard that there is Kenston Coach that is a finalist. Not sure who though...

Old 02-17-18, 07:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstrawberry View Post
I hope the new coach and his son can help that program. It's more interesting when they are good.

Who are your sources saying is the next coach ?[/QUOTE]

I was told a coach from Kenston is a finalist. Hope he gets hired!! Kenston has a lot going for them as of now. They scored some points the passed few years.

Old 02-18-18, 04:33 PM
Varsity

Publican is on a distinguished road
Could be George Kresko former North High Q.B.
Old 02-18-18, 05:21 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publican View Post
Could be George Kresko former North High Q.B.
Gresko runs some nice camps for the kids. Kenston is loaded for the next couple years at the skill positions and has a DI lineman. Not sure what he coaches over there.

I hear WG should have this wrapped up in a week or two. 2nd round of interviews supposedly this week. Then again, this has been going on for months.
Old 02-18-18, 05:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Lou Chanel View Post
Gresko runs some nice camps for the kids. Kenston is loaded for the next couple years at the skill positions and has a DI lineman. Not sure what he coaches over there.

I hear WG should have this wrapped up in a week or two. 2nd round of interviews supposedly this week. Then again, this has been going on for months.

Wow! Gresko would be a great hire! He does a lot of youth football camps throughout Lake County. My buddies son has been to a bunch of his camps. His program is I guess really growing. I believe heís the Quarterbacks coach at Kenston. Gresko passed for a whole bunch of yards and touchdowns while he was at eastlake north..

Old 02-18-18, 07:08 PM
Varsity

buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballfan10 View Post
Who are your sources saying is the next coach ?

I was told a coach from Kenston is a finalist. Hope he gets hired!! Kenston has a lot going for them as of now. They scored some points the passed few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Kenston hasnt been anything special since they went to the WRC and started to play teams that were the same size as them. I know they looked good last year but I Think that could have been a fluke because the previous two years they didnt do too much in conference.

They put up some points last year but the year before that it was nothing great and they year before that was the same. I wouldnt call them an offensive juggernaut.
Old 02-18-18, 07:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post

Kenston hasnt been anything special since they went to the WRC and started to play teams that were the same size as them. I know they looked good last year but I Think that could have been a fluke because the previous two years they didnt do too much in conference.

They put up some points last year but the year before that it was nothing great and they year before that was the same. I wouldnt call them an offensive juggernaut.[/QUOTE]

I believe Kenston went 5-2 in the WRC last year.. and should have beat brush. Brush ended up winning the conference.. You are correct though the previous two years they werenít great. But Kenston did put up a lot of points last season every game but mayfield. I agree with the post above, heard kenston has two very good classes together right now

Old 02-18-18, 09:47 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post

They put up some points last year but the year before that it was nothing great and they year before that was the same. I wouldnt call them an offensive juggernaut.[/QUOTE]

No fluke with sophomore QB throwing for 1,800 yards and sophomore RB running for almost 1,500. Another sophomore RB also plays and and the lineman I mentioned earlier. Over 36 points a game. 8-2 record. Maybe they weren't good 2-3 years ago because those kids were in grade school.

Gresko not a finalist for that job. Too bad. Someone will snag him eventually.
Old 02-18-18, 10:21 PM
Varsity

buno67 is on a distinguished road
breaking the quote tree since its jacked up. Im not buying to much hype because rarely do you ever see Madison, Chardon, and South being that bad. If they can match it next year, it will clearly show it wasnt a fluke, but its a wait and see for me
Old 02-18-18, 10:33 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Lou Chanel View Post

They put up some points last year but the year before that it was nothing great and they year before that was the same. I wouldnt call them an offensive juggernaut.
No fluke with sophomore QB throwing for 1,800 yards and sophomore RB running for almost 1,500. Another sophomore RB also plays and and the lineman I mentioned earlier. Over 36 points a game. 8-2 record. Maybe they weren't good 2-3 years ago because those kids were in grade school.

Gresko not a finalist for that job. Too bad. Someone will snag him eventually.[/QUOTE]

I heard Gresko was a finalist from a few
West G parents. That could only be because the parents want him.. I donít know though. Next week is the week that are supposed to hire a coach. We will see what goes down

Old 02-19-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Rotsky.
Old 02-19-18, 11:33 AM
All District

West Geauga coach search? Any ideas who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Rotsky.

No way Rotsky would leave Euclid.. he gets everything he wants at Euclid. They just put all those brand new facilities at Euclid.

Old 02-19-18, 12:15 PM
Varsity

bagobones is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Rotsky.
Rotsky is going to coach West G and STVM at the same time!!
Old 02-19-18, 01:40 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagobones View Post
Rotsky is going to coach West G and STVM at the same time!!

Now I could see Rotsky taking the St. V job.. doesnít make sense for him to go to West G though.

Old 02-19-18, 09:41 PM
Moderated User

From what Iím hearing clarkgriswald is somewhat correct.
Heís claiming itís rotsky but itís Coach Kyle is head coach!
And Rotsky is his offensive coordinator. With Coach Lombardo
Heading up the defense