Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-29-18, 05:38 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Leopard Faithful - Many great points and opinions. I can't understand with all the adversity why Demarco just don't quit when so many want him to go. However, its late in the game now and from what I heard, the first choice was going to be to hire someone who I will not name currently on the staff.
To me that would not have been the solution.

Its also unfortunate that new board members who were voted in by the people are not truly listening to us and instead they keep the status quo

We are heading into our toughest competition in many years, and I fear things are going to continue to go downhill. The man is a good guy but is not a leader nor do I think he or most the staff have shown any degree of ability to coach and game plan against solid competition.
Bad times are coming in Leopard Nation...and its unfortunate because their is excellent talent in what will be Jr and Sophs next year...

The only guy who kept their job after being so deserving of being fired is Hue Jackson..
Old 01-30-18, 01:57 PM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I blame the superintendent. Superintendents coordinate the operation of the school and manages district personnel, which obviously includes COACHING contracts. It's the superintendents responsbility to evaluate the coaching performance, report evaluation back to board, then board, based upon recommendations from the superintendent, accept/reject contracts. The bottom line is our superintendent is not doing his job. Forget committee by selection, business owner of the week, helicopter dads, and all the other political influences creating division, and diversion. Step up, and be a GD leader, and show leadership. Do your job, serve, evaluate, direct, and implement a recommendation based upon your analysis. If you are open and honest, then, historical performance, particularly last season, shall easily provide you the answer of not renewing JD contract. The superintendent job is to advise the board and manage the district. Plain and simple. It is not the superintendent's job to be concerned about back-lash from the teachers' union or whomever else is offended. It's all BS. DO YOUR JOB!
Thatís where it starts (or ends) depending on how you look at it.

Listen I took some folks to task over sucking up valuable time from our hired and/or elected officials during the height of the fed/independent/new league crap. Iíve since changed my view a bit on that subject. Since our hired and elected folks seem to want to make things political...then letís treat them like politicians. I urge everyone to contact those involved and speak your mind.

Last season we were a missed 2 point conversion from starting the season 0-5...what are they doing different? The answer is nothing. Weíve known for the better part of 2 years what is now 6 months away, what have they done to prepare...the answer is nothing. Weíre gonna take it right to the wire on our schedule. Our coachís didnít show up at the kickoff dinner last season..will they this year? Three board members and this administration are knowingly putting this program out there to fail, and all they care about is not looking like the bad guys...

What happens when the support dries up? Season ticket sales go down, private doners find better things to do...our AD couldnít scrape up any money for the new BB uniforms this season. Where do they think that money came from? Iím not saying that donating money buys you a seat at the table, but you better damn well know who your friends are before you step in the quick sand. The truth is, that this school system hasnít done anything on their own, without private help. No new stadium, no nice baseball or softball fields, no passing of the school levies. For this administration to go against the people on this can only come back to haunt them in the long run.
Old 01-30-18, 03:00 PM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
The jock sniffers more often than not are usually the problem, but I agree Louisville board haven't put their kids and coaches in a situation to succeed.
Old 02-08-18, 07:09 PM
All American

Itís February 8th and we still donít have our schedule officially finalized. Weeks 6-7-8 are drying up quickly. Rumor is that they have those weeks opponents ďpicked outĒ but until itís inked itís just another rumor.
Old 02-12-18, 07:05 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Isn’t there a BOE meeting tonight? Any chance we get some definitive answers regarding the coach and the schedule?
Old 02-12-18, 11:19 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
Isnít there a BOE meeting tonight? Any chance we get some definitive answers regarding the coach and the schedule?

Wouldn't hold out to much hope on either matter. Nothing is going to change and the only hope of the 6-4 or 7-3 season is the kids in JR and SR class just willing themselves to wins.
Old 02-13-18, 09:22 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Thought at one time South Range and Ursuline had openings during the same time? Would they be two possibilities?
Old 02-15-18, 05:24 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Leopards will have 6 home games next season, varsity schedule with all 10 opponents and dates:

Louisville Leopards 2018 Football Schedule
Old 02-15-18, 05:28 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
That's a brutal schedule for the Leps
Old 02-15-18, 05:34 PM
All American

awesome sched

tough - may be toughest in the county

how many wins will bring a playoff game?.....home game?
Old 02-15-18, 05:52 PM
All American

I know we have the kids to talk playoffs, but the coach has no shot doing things the way he does them. That schedule yields you a 2-8 record if you can’t tackle. On talent and experience alone you may see 4-5 wins, with some changes. A good coach and these kids are maybe an 8-2 team if you really step up the strength and conditioning.
IMO that schedule is the kiss of death for DeMarco as the coach. I just hope he doesn’t take the ship down with him.

Last edited by Lynus24; 02-16-18 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-15-18, 06:04 PM
All American

Well if the schedule is in any way "ambitious"........

the AD has a two year window to make changes. I see this schedule as one that can grind you up as a D3 public, but also give you an opportunity to play solid programs with solid talent and the right mix of W's will have you prepped for a post season run.
Old 02-15-18, 06:35 PM
All American

If they can find a path to get there, I agree, youíll be prepared. But they have to get the opportunity. St V and Canfield are probably two of top contenders in the region, so weíll find out week one where we stand with our peers.
Old 02-15-18, 06:39 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Going to be a rough schedule. I can say with near certainty that if they don't tackle better than they did last fall then it will be a mess.
Old 02-15-18, 07:49 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
I see your 2018 schedule is completed. Holy Cow! Best of luck to you until we meet in week 10.
http://louisvilleleopards.org/footba...heduleresults/

The tentative schedule for 2019 is much the same as 2018.
Old 02-15-18, 07:57 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
I don't know how things will fall into place, but I keep thinking some sort of a Boardman, Poland, Canfield, Howland, Fitch, Louisville league or at least informal alliance would be nice for football if not most/all sports. I know Louisville may look at the Fed again or a Wooster/Dover/New Philly combination but I think as long as the AAC puzzle keeps getting shaken up I can see something like that forming.
Old 02-15-18, 08:03 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Challenging schedule but glad to see it done. Seriously need to upgrade our preparations to be competitive.
Old 02-15-18, 10:37 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man 54 View Post
Leopard Faithful - Many great points and opinions. I can't understand with all the adversity why Demarco just don't quit when so many want him to go. However, its late in the game now and from what I heard, the first choice was going to be to hire someone who I will not name currently on the staff.
To me that would not have been the solution.

Its also unfortunate that new board members who were voted in by the people are not truly listening to us and instead they keep the status quo

We are heading into our toughest competition in many years, and I fear things are going to continue to go downhill. The man is a good guy but is not a leader nor do I think he or most the staff have shown any degree of ability to coach and game plan against solid competition.
Bad times are coming in Leopard Nation...and its unfortunate because their is excellent talent in what will be Jr and Sophs next year...

The only guy who kept their job after being so deserving of being fired is Hue Jackson..
I recall a lot of bashing of the weak NBC schedule and how the Leps were better then the NBC so why complain Louisville is getting what it wanted to prove how much greater they were then those weak NBC teams. Good luck but watch what you wish for it just might come true. Enjoy the feeling smallest team in the NBC Minerva has delt with for years but kept fighting. Proud of our town and our schools for standing up to bullies like you guys. Bye.
Old 02-15-18, 11:06 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
That schedule has no breaks..the Leps depth will be tested. The Leps second string is going to be tested with this schedule....there is no Carrollton on here. Lake has played some strong schedules but I do not remember one like this.
Old 02-15-18, 11:42 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I see your 2018 schedule is completed. Holy Cow! Best of luck to you until we meet in week 10.
http://louisvilleleopards.org/footba...heduleresults/

The tentative schedule for 2019 is much the same as 2018.
Correct, Howland instead of Ursuline at home from what I've heard. We are open Week 8, South Range is only a 1 year deal as of now. So that leaves the potential for another 6 home game season...which I am thoroughly looking forward to.
Old 02-16-18, 11:02 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Correct, Howland instead of Ursuline at home from what I've heard. We are open Week 8, South Range is only a 1 year deal as of now. So that leaves the potential for another 6 home game season...which I am thoroughly looking forward to.
That South Range contract is likely to remain a 1-yr. deal since SR will be entering the Northeast 8 Conference in 2019.
Old 02-17-18, 12:37 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Tough schedule but I like it.
Old 02-17-18, 02:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion 86 View Post
I recall a lot of bashing of the weak NBC schedule and how the Leps were better then the NBC so why complain Louisville is getting what it wanted to prove how much greater they were then those weak NBC teams. Good luck but watch what you wish for it just might come true. Enjoy the feeling smallest team in the NBC Minerva has delt with for years but kept fighting. Proud of our town and our schools for standing up to bullies like you guys. Bye.
Perhaps your Minerva Lion brain is not understanding what most of the Lep Faithful are saying. We are not complaining at all about our schedule.. Hell I would rather play these teams and lose than be up 40 to 0 against Minerva at halftime!!!

What is being voiced is we do not have the right head coach to lead our team to success with this schedule. He got bye in the NBC and thats about it.

We have much talent in the underclassmen who will be Jr's, Sophs, and Freshman next year so the ability to be successful is there on this team. However, the head coach has never liked "playing up" and his attitude and philosophy will bring this team down. His staff has become complacent playing against weak NBC competition and having a head coach that does nothing to change or adjust whether in the weight room in the off season, or game planning in season.

Because of all this is why there are complaints. I have heard nothing but excitement over this schedule...however, strong leadership and game planning is needed to keep the right mindset of the players on track for success to steer this talent and lead them to success. The current head coach and staff will not do this which is why nobody is optimistic...but like I said still better than playing the NBC schedule and games are over by halftime!!

One thing I do see is the end of this Demarco era coming even if we have to wait a year or two,,,it will come.
Old 02-17-18, 02:27 PM
All Region

For those who do not think a strong leader in the Head Coaching position make a difference please look no farther than our Leps wrestling program... it had been bad for many years compared to our other sports.

We bring in Rocky a few years ago who brings much knowledge and expertise with him, he changes the culture and attitude and measures the program immediately by stepping up the competition, gets more top athletes out, is active in the middle school and youth programs, and look at the results....We have not peaked yet but the roster is filled with underclassman so just wait another year or 2....With football we already have much talent,,just need a change with a coach like Rocky and you will see immediate benefits.
Old 02-17-18, 02:44 PM
All American

Couldn’t agree more old man....we’re a coach away from having what we had during the 2000’s ...
Old 02-17-18, 04:27 PM
Freshman

Football330 is on a distinguished road
Heard one of your top assistants may be moving on......
Old 02-17-18, 06:36 PM
All American

Unfortunately that’s the rumor. Shame that the young fresh guy has to go and the stale old guy stays.
Old 02-17-18, 10:46 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football330 View Post
Heard one of your top assistants may be moving on......
It would be a smart move on his part if you ask me.
Old 02-19-18, 12:55 PM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
It would be a smart move on his part if you ask me.
Any idea who it is or where he might be going?
Old 02-23-18, 12:13 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Wow... Just had a conversation with a co-worker here at my office and I am schocked at what is going on right now in my town. I have actually defended the coaching staff over some of my posts, but I can no longer do that. My co-worker has a brother in law who coaches at Louisville and they had meeting regarding strength and conditioning. The football program was offered free training from a certified trainer and the coach turned it down. I asked why and he said that the coach and current trainer are buddies. I figured that the current guy was certified and went to school for this only to to be told no he has no experience or certificate in any type of training. Looks like 3-7 at best next year.