Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-01-18, 01:22 PM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
So you are explaining to me why Dover all of the sudden claims New Phila is a good football team? A Dover supporter of all people probably shouldn't ride other programs for playing schools smaller than them...
Phila's been good for like 20 years now, since Coach Dennison got there. And Dover's schedule strength last year was #33 of 107 in Division 3...

Man little buddy, you're bad at this. Try again.
Old 02-01-18, 01:57 PM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Dennison has had one losing season in 15 years..definitely turned the program around.
Old 02-01-18, 02:06 PM
Junior Varsity

RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
Phila's been good for like 20 years now, since Coach Dennison got there. And Dover's schedule strength last year was #33 of 107 in Division 3...

Man little buddy, you're bad at this. Try again.
Dude you are a trip. I want to start off by stating that I have a ton of respect for Dover's Football Program, they are well coached and as solid of a program over the last 15-20 years as any in surrounding area....But you attacked Ridgewood and Garaway and called them pretenders, take shots about them beating up on weaker/smaller competition. Dover is and always has been the biggest school in their league, not as much now that the league split but prior were always big fish in small pond, no different than Ridgewood and Garaway in the old IVC. Truth is Dover is no different than either of those schools in their respective divisions. You can make all the wity comments you like, stand on your soapbox and pat your own back all you desire, but the truth is their is no difference. Here is look back at Dover's past 5 seasons.

*Noted from 2006-2012 Dover's program was beyond formidable

The success from 06-12 convinced Dover they needed to beef up the schedule with larger and more competitive schools. Couple this with the fact that the league split into 2 divisions and several of the smaller/less talented teams came off the schedule, Dover has continually declined in league titles, playoff appearances and playoff wins.

Dover's schedule last year was very formidable, no argument from me there. They went 6-4, no postseason no league title.

2016- 7-3( L 42-7 in 1st round))
Solid wins- East and New Phila
Lost to both schools who were a division bigger than Dover
Routed 1st round playoffs

2015 - 5-5(No playoffs)
Solid wins- none, best win against a school 2 Divisions smaller that went 7-3
*All wins came against schools smaller in division except for Marietta who was same division(Real powerhouse)
Loss- 56 - 13 to New Phila

2014- 8-3(Lost 31-14 1st Round)
Solid wins- Beat 2 division smaller 9-2 Coshocton
Beat 7-4 New Phila (also ousted in 1st round)
Losses- both losses to schools bigger than them, both playoff teams

2013- 7-4 (Lost 34-14 1st round)
Solid wins- 7-3 Ashland was only win against team with winning record....
Losses- Lost to 13-1 Zanesville(no shame in that) and New Phila

2012- 11-3 (Won Region/State semifinalist)
2 regular season losses D2 NON playoff Ashland and 11-1 TriValley
Hell of a season by Dover, State Semis are not easy to make.
Old 02-01-18, 02:12 PM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dover is and always has been the biggest school in their league
Stopped reading here, Dover has never been the biggest school in any league that it's been in. Literally never. This will be the 1st year we have ever been bigger than NP.
Old 02-01-18, 02:25 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Stopped reading here, Dover has never been the biggest school in any league that it's been in. Literally never. This will be the 1st year we have ever been bigger than NP.
I think after Dover's brief stint in the NBC, we were about tied with Cambridge for enrollment and NP was still in the fed for a few years before they moved over to the ECOL, so 95-97 we may have had the highest enrollment before NP came over, then Zanesville, who've both always been bigger, until now! But for decades in the Cardinal Conference, Wooster, Ashland, New Phila, Mansfield, and Malabar were all bigger than us, it was us and Coshocton bringing up the rear.

I think maybe it just feels like Dover is bigger because we always try and punch above our weight, unlike those "pretender" IVC schools
Old 02-01-18, 02:54 PM
Varsity

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
.....and to think, this all started because SV wanted to play in a condition suitable for THEIR own liking. seems as though through conversation we can make a case to where most all teams have done this over the years. makes ya wonder about who some of the integrity ofthe individuals posting behind a monitor cheery picking circumstances to fit their agenda.
Old 02-01-18, 03:10 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Honestly

there were teams petitioning the IVC for a couple years. There were talks but nothing materialized and there were always too many no votes anyhow - so the IVC stayed static for quite awhile - losing teams to consolidation and having to add a school here or there to keep their format.

Then suddenly Newcomerstown brings up they are super unhappy and they were the catalyst in honesty of what we have today. Thats when the north south split happened and extra teams added. The main thing was the travel especially in the winter and spring.

Newcomerstown wanted to be in a league with their neighbors and from that perspective I can't blame them. Certainly we all knew looking at it that there would be some imbalance to them competing with the schools THEY mentioned they wanted to be with.

The northern type schools seemed to cluster together and really no one in the room had any objection to SV EC and MALVERN being together as they all border each other. Seemed to be real easy fit of Strasburg and TCC to be with them. I am not sure how Buckeye Trail got into the mix but I am not opposed or mad they joined. Enrollment thus far has not given Claymont or Sandy Valley an advantage in each division.

IF YOU LOOK AT A MAP - the league set up as of right now makes perfect sense. I think some of you posters are not hearing the fact that the purse strings are being tightened and budgets are being scrutinized.

From what I hear the only dissent is coming from Lore City as some think the IVC is a bad fit. Not sure the school district officials feel the same way - we will just have to see how it plays out. other than that, I see no other schools looking to get out.

The only change I do hear about is the discussion of crossover games in football.

Those may be gone after next year. (2 year cycle)
Old 02-01-18, 03:29 PM
Varsity

Honest Abe is on a distinguished road
One thing I do not understand with the new league is having to schedule everyone in the league for baseball. This is different from basketball. I understand having crossover games like they do for basketball. But why in baseball do you have to schedule the opposing league teams at least once? Kind of off topic, but it just doesn’t make sense to me. Yes I understand you play more baseball games but a team should be able to schedule who they want to in non league games and not have to play every opposing league team.
Old 02-01-18, 04:14 PM
Junior Varsity

lon is on a distinguished road
I agree Abe, in that sense the IVC officials are kind of like Hitler and trying to control everything. Why can't they be happy that teams are playing their league games? Now you make them play the other division which makes no sense. Put the IVC foot print everywhere, take East Canton and schedule a team from Cleveland, take Buckeye Trail and schedule River or Shadyside, take Indian Valley and schedule Weir, take Ridgewood and schedule Johnstown and look how big your IVC footprint gets. But they insist on forcing non league, league games which are dumb.
Old 02-02-18, 08:21 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
I think after Dover's brief stint in the NBC, we were about tied with Cambridge for enrollment and NP was still in the fed for a few years before they moved over to the ECOL, so 95-97 we may have had the highest enrollment before NP came over, then Zanesville, who've both always been bigger, until now! But for decades in the Cardinal Conference, Wooster, Ashland, New Phila, Mansfield, and Malabar were all bigger than us, it was us and Coshocton bringing up the rear.

I think maybe it just feels like Dover is bigger because we always try and punch above our weight, unlike those "pretender" IVC schools
No I think it feels like Dover is bigger because in fact...they are bigger
Dover 376 D2(2nd Smallest in Division)
Garaway 149 D6( 3rd LARGEST IN Division)
Ridgewood 163 D5(13th smallest in Division)

Yea you are right, Dover is the gold standard! Everyone bow down to Dover, look how they can bully D5 AND D6 schools on a message board! Struggle to bully neigboring New Phila anymore so they have moved on to bashing other local schools(Which are 3 and 4 Divisions smaller by the way.). Cant stand no one talks about Dover anymore? Cant stand New Phila isnt beat before they get off the bus anymore? Please come back with why doesnt Ridgewood or Garaway schedule Dover to pound home your point that Dover is better than IVC schools. Get out of here

Last edited by RubberChickenII; 02-04-18 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-02-18, 08:33 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
No you didnt....
Old 02-02-18, 10:18 AM
All American

Quote:
No I think its feels like Dover is bigger because in fact...they are bigger
You're silly, you said Dover was the biggest school in their league. I tried to point out that they may have been for 3 years out of the last 60, so you weren't completely wrong. Don't try and take it out on me that the Inbred Valley Conference just got a little less downsy because some real football teams joined and popped your bubble. Have a great day!
Old 02-02-18, 10:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Honestly

there were teams petitioning the IVC for a couple years. There were talks but nothing materialized and there were always too many no votes anyhow - so the IVC stayed static for quite awhile - losing teams to consolidation and having to add a school here or there to keep their format.

Then suddenly Newcomerstown brings up they are super unhappy and they were the catalyst in honesty of what we have today. Thats when the north south split happened and extra teams added. The main thing was the travel especially in the winter and spring.

Newcomerstown wanted to be in a league with their neighbors and from that perspective I can't blame them. Certainly we all knew looking at it that there would be some imbalance to them competing with the schools THEY mentioned they wanted to be with.

The northern type schools seemed to cluster together and really no one in the room had any objection to SV EC and MALVERN being together as they all border each other. Seemed to be real easy fit of Strasburg and TCC to be with them. I am not sure how Buckeye Trail got into the mix but I am not opposed or mad they joined. Enrollment thus far has not given Claymont or Sandy Valley an advantage in each division.

IF YOU LOOK AT A MAP - the league set up as of right now makes perfect sense. I think some of you posters are not hearing the fact that the purse strings are being tightened and budgets are being scrutinized.

From what I hear the only dissent is coming from Lore City as some think the IVC is a bad fit. Not sure the school district officials feel the same way - we will just have to see how it plays out. other than that, I see no other schools looking to get out.

The only change I do hear about is the discussion of crossover games in football.

Those may be gone after next year. (2 year cycle)

Your post is exactly my understanding of the league, and I agree Buckeye Trail does seem to be an outlier.
Old 02-02-18, 11:24 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
You're silly, you said Dover was the biggest school in their league. I tried to point out that they may have been for 3 years out of the last 60, so you weren't completely wrong. Don't try and take it out on me that the Inbred Valley Conference just got a little less downsy because some real football teams joined and popped your bubble. Have a great day!
My apologies, I was wrong to state have always been the biggest school in league. I was referring to ECOL days and should have been more clear that they have always been one of the biggest in league. I believe they are currently the biggest.

No school came into the new league with a better football tradition than the Wood. Thats my opinion, but facts and stats will support it. Your opinion can be otherwise, thats why they are called opinions. More playoff appearances and have made a deeper playoff run than any of the newly added schools. This was a rebuilding year for the Wood as well as Garaway. Wood started alot of young and inexperienced players(will again next season) Truth is Wood would have finished runner up if league didnt expand, East Canton would have been best team in league. I would have loved to see them and Indian Valley play last year. Dover finished 6-4, not sure if rebuilding year for them as well or if some injuries and a very difficult schedule led to that record. Nonetheless my point is not sure why you feel the need or actually believe the things you are stating about Wood and Garaway being pretenders and casting shade at their programs.
Indian Valley will be the team to beat again in 2018, should be followed up by Wood and Garaway in either order. The 3 schools will continue to be the top 3 in league for the next 4 years but i believe after next IV will be the one bringing up the rear of the 3. I find it laughable that you have inferred that Claymont and Tusky Valley are better programs. Allegedly Claymont's best team in decades and they needed a hail marry to beat what many would consider one of Wood's worst teams in a decade. I believe Garaway played them very tough with also what many would consider a sub par Garaway team.
Old 02-02-18, 01:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Circle K is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon View Post
Ridgewood OC Cabot should go to Malvern
I wouldn't see him leaving but he may if Slusher still plans to start the Tingle kid at qb as a freshman next year. I have heard Cabot is not on board with this. I think Malvern has some pretty decent athletes and Cabot could make them winners. Although I think the real brains behind that offense is one of the assistants. Don't know his name but hes in the pressbox on Friday nights with Cabot's brother. I think he does most the play calling/suggestions. Offensive Genius! Best undiscovered offensive mind in the IVC! Cabot and him together could make some noise in that division.
Old 02-02-18, 02:08 PM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
As I said before, you guys are underestimating Tingle..who else you have coming back at QB?
Old 02-02-18, 02:38 PM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
Superintendent who got Trail in the IVC is gone.
AD who got Trail in the IVC just submitted his resignation.
One of the two candidates who ran on platform to leave the IVC was elected this past fall.

Current Superintendent told a group who submitted a petition to the school board (in an open forum) that they will revisit decision to be in the IVC after winter sports.
Old 02-02-18, 03:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Using my algorithm Ridgewoods starting QB in 2017 was worth 25.8 points a game, the freshman would be worth 8.2. By looking at those numbers I think Slusher will go in a different direction. If #9 plays QB he is worth 16.4 points a game, still a far cry from 2017.
Old 02-02-18, 03:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingua View Post
Superintendent who got Trail in the IVC is gone.
AD who got Trail in the IVC just submitted his resignation.
One of the two candidates who ran on platform to leave the IVC was elected this past fall.

Current Superintendent told a group who submitted a petition to the school board (in an open forum) that they will revisit decision to be in the IVC after winter sports.
if what you say is 100% (no reason to doubt) then it will be fun to see who applies.

Early prediction - a school that will fit in the south comes in and TV bumps to the north
Old 02-02-18, 03:59 PM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My apologies, I was wrong to state have always been the biggest school in league. I was referring to ECOL days and should have been more clear that they have always been one of the biggest in league. I believe they are currently the biggest.

No school came into the new league with a better football tradition than the Wood. Thats my opinion, but facts and stats will support it. Your opinion can be otherwise, thats why they are called opinions. More playoff appearances and have made a deeper playoff run than any of the newly added schools. This was a rebuilding year for the Wood as well as Garaway. Wood started alot of young and inexperienced players(will again next season) Truth is Wood would have finished runner up if league didnt expand, East Canton would have been best team in league. I would have loved to see them and Indian Valley play last year. Dover finished 6-4, not sure if rebuilding year for them as well or if some injuries and a very difficult schedule led to that record. Nonetheless my point is not sure why you feel the need or actually believe the things you are stating about Wood and Garaway being pretenders and casting shade at their programs.
Indian Valley will be the team to beat again in 2018, should be followed up by Wood and Garaway in either order. The 3 schools will continue to be the top 3 in league for the next 4 years but i believe after next IV will be the one bringing up the rear of the 3. I find it laughable that you have inferred that Claymont and Tusky Valley are better programs. Allegedly Claymont's best team in decades and they needed a hail marry to beat what many would consider one of Wood's worst teams in a decade. I believe Garaway played them very tough with also what many would consider a sub par Garaway team.
Claymont’s 2011 and 2012 teams were better, no offense to this years team.
Old 02-02-18, 04:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
Claymont’s 2011 and 2012 teams were better, no offense to this years team.
Honestly I think Claymont's best team ever was that 2002 team. 7-3, I think it went to OT vs 10-0 Coshocton, OT vs NP, and they were beating an 8-2 Dover going into the 4th. Derrick O'Hara (sp?) was a really good qb.
Old 02-02-18, 05:27 PM
Junior Varsity

If Buckeye Trail leaves, the early replacement is Coshocton with a 71.2% chance of joining. Then River View, 14.6% chances, West Holmes 5.7%, Meadowbrook 2.5%, Cambridge 1.3%, Other less than 5%. I designed an algorithm to see who would apply. This algorithm has a very southern bias, so schools up north near East Canton could pose a bigger threat of joining if things trend that way.
Old 02-02-18, 05:39 PM
All American

Any chance of Harrison Central? (is that the school made of the old cadiz lakeland jewett scio districts?)

no schools to the north I can think would fit unless CV wanted to join for football
Old 02-03-18, 01:27 PM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Any chance of Harrison Central? (is that the school made of the old cadiz lakeland jewett scio districts?)

no schools to the north I can think would fit unless CV wanted to join for football
I'm a Huskies fan. I doubt there is any serious community support for this. I've never heard a single person mention this. Lots of positive things going on now. New turf, energetic young(er) coach, new facilities. No one (myself included) wants to quit playing our traditional rivals like Ferry, St. C, Union Local, etc, along with giving up opportunity for our kids to play in the OVAC game. I would imagine you would see the same kind of outrage that supposedly exists in the Trail community right now if Harrison scheduled 9 IVC games a year.
Old 02-03-18, 04:41 PM
Junior Varsity

Actually after refactoring, if the IVC expands by losing BT, and adding three more opponents, Harrison Central had a 71.8% chance of being that team. They will not be the next team, but have a great shot of being the 2nd team added.
Old 02-03-18, 09:33 PM
Junior Varsity

I was going to ask you mingua if you would be available to talk via phone or email on what you are hearing about Harrison Central, when it comes to IVC but also the 2018 season so I can factor it into my algorithm. Shoot me an email at LonTheFootballGuru@gmail.com

Private messaged you.
Old 02-04-18, 05:41 PM
Junior Varsity

I drove through MVL country today and will have my algorithm ready by the end of the week. For example, Tri Valley a state championship qualifier last year is going to be approximately 21.1 pts different than last year. Additionally, John Glenn looks to only fall off by about 4.1 pts per game. I have two super performers which means a kid who grades out above a 15.5 and I will reveal them later this week.
Old 02-08-18, 10:47 AM
Freshman

IVbraves is on a distinguished road
Simple solution to all the complaining when Buckeye Trail leaves... Add Coshocton, River View, West Holmes...

IV, Claymont, River View, Coshocton, West Holmes tier 1

Ridgewood, Garaway, SV, Tusky Valley, Newcomerstown tier 2

Strasburg, TCC, East Canton, Malvern, Connotton Valley tier 3

Crossover options in weeks 5 and 6 but not required so each school can fill out their schedule according to their preference...
Old 02-08-18, 11:05 AM
All District

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingua View Post
I'm a Huskies fan. I doubt there is any serious community support for this. I've never heard a single person mention this. Lots of positive things going on now. New turf, energetic young(er) coach, new facilities. No one (myself included) wants to quit playing our traditional rivals like Ferry, St. C, Union Local, etc, along with giving up opportunity for our kids to play in the OVAC game. I would imagine you would see the same kind of outrage that supposedly exists in the Trail community right now if Harrison scheduled 9 IVC games a year.
They could join the IVC and still compete in the OVAC, using their non-conference schedule for their older OVAC rivalries. Just saying...
Old 02-08-18, 11:11 AM
All American

If anything happens

it will be to drop one and add one

I don't see the league leaving this format. Like I had said earlier, if a small school doesn't pop up wanting in, then I see one of the three you mentioned getting in and TV bumping down