Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-26-18, 02:01 PM
Varsity

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon View Post
What is the feels on Claymont this year? I know they lost a lot but how many starters do they return? Is their coach back? They are always very physical and never go down easy.
They will never make the playoffs, 8-2 wasn't good enough last year.
Old 01-26-18, 02:12 PM
Freshman

lon is on a distinguished road
I am looking more on how competitive they will be, I appreciate your response but wasnt what I was looking for currently. Once September and October comes I will discuss playoffs. I am a playoff guru and look forward to sharing my knowledge of OHSAA playoff and competitive balance with this local group. I feel that my knowledge will be an assets to you guys.
Old 01-26-18, 04:00 PM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Small School, way to early predictions.

East Canton - 9-1 (5-0 in small school) They return everyone

Sandy Valley - 7-3 (4-1 in small school) They return some very good players

Malvern - 6-4 (3-2 in small school) Little Hutchinson is ready to take over

Strasburg - 4-6 (2-3 in small school) Lost a lot, but so did the teams below them

TCC - 2-8 (1-4 in small school) Depends on how they recruit

Buckeye Trail - 1-9 (0-5 in small school) Lost their two playmakers
Lol. Would be interested to hear how you came up with these, for I assume you looked at each teams schedule, etc. For example: Trail's first three games are Caldwell, Newcomerstown, Barnesville. It's hard to see them losing any of those three, even without Snodgrass.
Old 01-26-18, 04:33 PM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is the feels on Claymont this year? I know they lost a lot but how many starters do they return? Is their coach back? They are always very physical and never go down easy.
Coach will be back, return 7 starters, and will still be physical next year but got a lot of experience due to blowouts (I believe 11 letterman return, Pigskin can confirm this).
Old 01-26-18, 11:38 PM
Freshman

I use an algorithm that I have developed, actually using my algorithm they could win the first 3 games. I have them losing to Caldwell 23.4 to 19.9, beating Newcomerstown 20.1 to 19.9 and losing to Barnesville 24.6 to 20.3. They COULD win all three, but I could see a scenerio where they lose all three.
Old 01-26-18, 11:39 PM
Freshman

Ecolace - Actually using my algorithm Claymont is 4 points better without their current coach.
Old 01-27-18, 01:00 AM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I use an algorithm that I have developed, actually using my algorithm they could win the first 3 games. I have them losing to Caldwell 23.4 to 19.9, beating Newcomerstown 20.1 to 19.9 and losing to Barnesville 24.6 to 20.3. They COULD win all three, but I could see a scenerio where they lose all three.

Use an algorithm that you developed? Lol. Iíve heard it all now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-18, 07:46 AM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
Coach will be back, return 7 starters, and will still be physical next year but got a lot of experience due to blowouts (I believe 11 letterman return, Pigskin can confirm this).
I'm not sure about the number of lettermen, I think 11 is about right.
Claymont only returns 4 full time starters { 5 if you count the kicker), 2 0n OFF and 2 on DEF, you might be counting a couple of others who might have started a game due to injury.
Claymont will be very young and inexperienced this season, they also lost most of their fast guys.
QB will be a question mark, they don't have a QB who threw a completed pass last season, 3 returning QB's threw a total of 2 passes last year, one QB threw an incomplete pass, one threw an INT. the Third QB did throw a completed 2 point conversion which doesn't count as a pass in the stats.

Last edited by pigskin13; 01-28-18 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-29-18, 10:14 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
{ 5 if you count the kicker)
Why wouldn't you count the kicker? Meanie.
Old 01-29-18, 12:21 PM
Freshman

Using my algorithm, which is completely hypothetical and somewhat bias, the 2017 Claymont team would beat the 2018 Claymont team 35.0 to 5.9.
Old 01-29-18, 12:42 PM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
I think you are onto something

surprised Claymont is getting so much run on here - will they push back to the top of the south in 2018?
Old 01-29-18, 01:19 PM
Junior Varsity

RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

surprised Claymont is getting so much run on here - will they push back to the top of the south in 2018?
No...Probably ahead of Newcomerstown
Old 01-29-18, 06:04 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

Looks to be a rebuilding year for the Mustangs.
Old 01-29-18, 08:19 PM
Freshman

Coshocton and River View will be in the IVC in 2021, pushing Garaway and Newcomerstown to the small.
Old 01-29-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coshocton and River View will be in the IVC in 2021, pushing Garaway and Newcomerstown to the small.
Is that a prediction or a done deal?

If both Coshocton and River View come in, that makes 14 football-playing schools. If both go to the big, and Garaway and Newcomerstown go to the small, that keeps the big division at 6: (Claymont, Coshocton, IV, Ridgewood, RV, and TV) and the small increases to 8: (BT, EC, Garaway, Malvern, Newcomerstown, SV, Strasburg, and TCC).

Is that what they want, or would some other shifting occur to make a pair of 7-team divisions?
Old 01-30-18, 08:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
this is more like wishful thinking as I have heard nothing like this.

Hopefully everyone will soon realize that Newcomerstown was prepared to leave the IVC and form a league with Ridgewood Claymont IV etc... because they wanted local games and cut on travel. Newcomerstown wanted to be grouped with the schools they are - no one had issue with it.

Again Sandy Valley borders Malvern and East Canton therefore the travel grouping to the north naturally happened. No one in the league had a problem with it.

The only movement possible at this time is the disgruntlement of some in the Buckeye Trail camp. Trail is only in the north for football due to sizes.

IF and I mean IFFFFFFF trail does back out then I could see one school added and who that is would be anyone's guess.

Maybe Tusky Valley would bump to the north for football since they are already bumped north for winter and spring sports.
Old 01-30-18, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Doubt it.
Old 01-30-18, 09:55 AM
Varsity

Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
Heard from some West Lafayette friends that Ridgewood's numbers will start getting smaller. that they possibly in a few years will be division 6.
But I don't think Garaway or Ridgewood would stoop down to Sandy Valley's level and want to go to the small school.
Old 01-30-18, 09:57 AM
All Ohio

Mox

Garaway and Ridgewood have been "stooping" down for years and playing most of the small schools - not sure why a school should be looked down upon for not wanting to add travel????

Last edited by Football 101; 01-30-18 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-30-18, 02:58 PM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
Garaway and Ridgewood's entire pretender status was built on double dipping points from embarrassingly bad Sandy Valley for this whole century. They add to the league and now these two yuck yucks can't even make the playoffs and somehow it's Sandy Valley's fault.

Look up at Indian Valley if you want your team to get better, not down at Sandy Valley.
Old 01-31-18, 08:58 AM
Junior Varsity

Pretender status? Whats that? Who pretended anything? Ridgewood has built a traditionally sound program over the past 15 years. No one is pretending in Ridgewood. Garaway has also over the past 6 years become a very solid football program.
Indian Valley has also over past 5-6 years established a solid football program, just because they beat the Wood and the Way last season( and should again this season) doesnt mean they are the gold standard. Garaway beat IV IN 16,14 AND 12. IV beat Garaway in 17,15 and 13. Puts series at 3-3 over last 6 seasons.
Funny how people only remember the recent, what have you done for me lately stuff. Newsflash...Sandy Valley was mediocre at best 10 years ago and are mediocre at best now. 1 runner up finish and want to throw shade at those who have had some success. Bottom line is size wise Sandy Valley is similar to the Wood and the Way. I wish Sandy was in the South for the fact they will be more competitive than Claymont, Tusky Valley and certainly Newcomerstown in the future. They have better talent coming and a better program in place. By the way Sandy supporters that's a compliment.
Old 01-31-18, 10:52 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
Pretender status? Whats that?
They've pretended to be good football teams by playing bad football teams. That's why they've never done anything in the playoffs.
Old 01-31-18, 11:25 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
They've pretended to be good football teams by playing bad football teams. That's why they've never done anything in the playoffs.
Cant argue with stupidity. You are entitled to your opinion. Some facts for you, 1st of all qualifying for the playoffs in football is equivalent to making District finals in all other sports, you know the ones where everyone gets a chance to participate. Wood made state semis in 2009. Wood has been outed by Wheelersburg past two playoff appearances, once in 2nd round other in 1st round. Wheelersburg won the state championship this year. Hate all you want, the Wood has a very good high school football program. Garaway lost to eventual state champion Kirtland a few years back, no shame in that. Garaway lost a very closely contested game against Coshocton 2 years ago and Coshocton went on to win region and make the state semis. Is either program winning state titles? No, who is in our area? Go back to your hole, I would congratulate you on your 1st ever IVC title in the south division but I believe you finished in 3 way tie for 2nd(in a 6 team league). So here is to Sandy Valley winning an IVC South conference title! Good Luck!
Old 01-31-18, 11:36 AM
All District

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
How is the Malvern coaching search going? Haven't heard much, just curious.

Why did their coach resign? Anyone know?
Old 01-31-18, 02:05 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
I would congratulate you on your 1st ever IVC title in the south division but I believe you finished in 3 way tie for 2nd(in a 6 team league). So here is to Sandy Valley winning an IVC South conference title! Good Luck!
LOL I didn't even know where Sandy Valley was until I went and saw Coach Mo there back like 15 years ago.

And btw the hallmark of a pretender is touting the success of the teams that beat you. You can't make this stuff up.
Old 01-31-18, 02:33 PM
All Ohio

TrIbExTimE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
Former Claymont head coach resigns at St. Thomas Aquinas...
http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1389...homas-aquinas/
Would love him back at Claymont.
Old 02-01-18, 08:21 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
LOL I didn't even know where Sandy Valley was until I went and saw Coach Mo there back like 15 years ago.

And btw the hallmark of a pretender is touting the success of the teams that beat you. You can't make this stuff up.
So you are explaining to me why Dover all of the sudden claims New Phila is a good football team? A Dover supporter of all people probably shouldn't ride other programs for playing schools smaller than them...
Old 02-01-18, 08:50 AM
Freshman

are we certain malverns coach retired?
Old 02-01-18, 09:18 AM
All District

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
are we certain malverns coach retired?
No. But, I'm certain he resigned.

http://www.the-review.com/news/20171...l-kane-resigns