Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-07-17, 10:06 AM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Someone from crestview made an account only to bash my cats last week. Made 1 post and the admins removed him from the board all together. Lol. People are sad and pathetic.
One has many faces from there.
Old 09-07-17, 10:15 PM
Moderated User

MethodMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
Power rankings after week 2

1. Southern local (previously 4)
I know nothing about southern. But The Indians are being accused of stealing the other teams players. This can only indicate one thing- they're king of the hill. We've seen this movie before.

2. Columbiana (3)
The clippers rebounded after losing a nail biter against western reserve by beating McDonald without their best player. The clips have the championship pedigree and as long as they continue to play teams without their star players, should rack up the wins.

3. Lisbon (2)
The blue devils are third this week after a convincing 33-32 win against a LOADED mineral ridge team. They continue to impress the pollsters by steam rolling a brutal non conference schedule. The sky is the limit for this team.

4. United local (5)
The eagles lost a close game to Salem but their week one opponent(Minerva who is 0-40 in the past 4 seasons) actually took a respectable sandy valley team to OT. They remain under the radar, but my hunch is that they will be in the hunt by seasons end.

5. East Palestine (1)
After celebrating a close loss to state powerhouse Salem, the pups represented the league quite well and competed hard before eventually losing in a heartbreaker to Perry 65-12. The pups will look to break into the win column in week 3 against a vulnerable Campbell memorial team.

6. Wellsville (7)
Wellsville rebounded after a narrow loss to juggernaut Lisbon Beaver(66-0) by winning over an outstanding Edison team. This young team continues to improve and will be a factor in the coming weeks. As the saying goes " the road to the eastern Ohio athletic conference trophy runs through wellsville" (rolls off the tongue, I know.

7. Toronto (6)
Toronto remains under the radar, and by that I mean it took two days to get their score reported and nobody has ever heard of the team they played.

8. Leetonia (8)
Leetonias brutal non league schedule continued as they lost a close one to the mustangs of Mathews. Look for the bears to get back on track in league play where they can avoid perennial powers such as lowellville and Mathews.
I just don't understand why you are so negative about the EOAC!!! Here is a REAL evaluation of this league:

Southern:
Oh come on Thomas Paine! This program is going places! Why, just a few years ago, the coach of this program didn't even know what division they were in at the start of the season! Look at them now! Last week, they solidified themselves as a state power by knocking off Conotton Valley! That was a warning shot to everyone in D6!

Columbiana:
This is one team you just can't ignore! Big Game Bob!

Lisbon:
Mr. Paine, I do NOT appreciate your sarcasm when it comes to the team from the County Seat! Knocking off Mineral Ridge last week may have been the most impressive win in Ohio this year so far! Ridge absolutely crushed Pymatuning Valley in week 1! Pymatuning Valley is just 3 years removed from going 5-5!!! Stay tuned....

United:
You just can't go wrong with United! I've heard rumors that Coldwater AND Marion Local had scouts in Hanoverton week 1! They obviously want to watch The Golden Eagles every chance they get in case of a week 15 game!

Wellsville:
Edison should feel thankful that Wellsville was looking ahead to Lowellville last week! That 12 point win by Wellsville may be the closest ANYONE gets to beating the Tigers from here on out!

Toronto:
Hey! Bridgeport is a team on the rise! Last year, the score was 54-8. This year it was 60-22! If that isn't good progress, I don't know what is!!

Leetonia:
Last year, Leetonia only had 24 points after week 4!!! They had 25 at the end of the 3rd quarter last week! I will be SHOCKED if their coach isn't fielding calls from all over Ohio, hoping to steal him away from Leetonia! This guy is about to go BIG TIME, mark my words!!!

Move over MAC!!! There is a NEW king of the small school leagues in Ohio!!!
Old 09-08-17, 10:56 AM
All Ohio

VanillaIceBaby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
Power rankings after week 2

1. Southern local (previously 4)
I know nothing about southern. But The Indians are being accused of stealing the other teams players. This can only indicate one thing- they're king of the hill. We've seen this movie before.

2. Columbiana (3)
The clippers rebounded after losing a nail biter against western reserve by beating McDonald without their best player. The clips have the championship pedigree and as long as they continue to play teams without their star players, should rack up the wins.

3. Lisbon (2)
The blue devils are third this week after a convincing 33-32 win against a LOADED mineral ridge team. They continue to impress the pollsters by steam rolling a brutal non conference schedule. The sky is the limit for this team.

4. United local (5)
The eagles lost a close game to Salem but their week one opponent(Minerva who is 0-40 in the past 4 seasons) actually took a respectable sandy valley team to OT. They remain under the radar, but my hunch is that they will be in the hunt by seasons end.

5. East Palestine (1)
After celebrating a close loss to state powerhouse Salem, the pups represented the league quite well and competed hard before eventually losing in a heartbreaker to Perry 65-12. The pups will look to break into the win column in week 3 against a vulnerable Campbell memorial team.

6. Wellsville (7)
Wellsville rebounded after a narrow loss to juggernaut Lisbon Beaver(66-0) by winning over an outstanding Edison team. This young team continues to improve and will be a factor in the coming weeks. As the saying goes " the road to the eastern Ohio athletic conference trophy runs through wellsville" (rolls off the tongue, I know.

7. Toronto (6)
Toronto remains under the radar, and by that I mean it took two days to get their score reported and nobody has ever heard of the team they played.

8. Leetonia (8)
Leetonias brutal non league schedule continued as they lost a close one to the mustangs of Mathews. Look for the bears to get back on track in league play where they can avoid perennial powers such as lowellville and Mathews.

1. EP - They should have won week 1 & no one in the league had a team as tough as their wk 2 opponent
2-4 is some combination of Lisbon, united, and columbiana. Lisbon lost a lot but seem to still be tough, the salem united game was much closer than the score from what i am told, and columbiana came back for a big win last week but i also hear that was after mcdonalds best player went down but i still think they're better than the other 4 teams in the league.
5-7 some combination of southern, toronto, and wellsville. Southern probably had the easiest start to the season of any d6 school, and toronto beat bridgeport even worse than southern did. neither toronto or southern play anyone as big or good as BL and edison is way down so it's hard to say the only benefit for wellsville here is they get both teams at home and southern has to play both away wouldn't surprise me to see these three teams go 1-1 against each other.
8. Leetonia - from what i am told they had a hard time getting enough players out for the team so i just don't see them winning a game this year unless they pull it off this week. There AD needs to get some teachers on the football staff to recruit some kids out for the team this league isn't going to be fun for the bears it seems i hope they can turn things around.

Last edited by VanillaIceBaby; 09-08-17 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-08-17, 11:04 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOSBALL MAMA View Post
No disrespect to Wellsville, but it is going to be a long season for them. A win is a win, but Edison is really bad this year, and Beaver Local isn't as good as some may think (Beavers schedule is pretty easy). The Tigers lost a lot of skill from last year. They may have a chance against Lowellville at home this week, but after that, probably only have a shot against Leetonia. There schedule gets significantly more challenging come week four.
While edison is bad this is the best beaver local team in probably a decade or more are the steubenville no but there isnt a team on their schedule they can't beat and they'd beat every single team in the EOAC. That beaver local v wellsville score was a combination of a very small school that's inexperienced playing a team 3 divisions bigger that had 21 returning lettermen. You could also see the tigers had the nerves going in the first game several BL scores came when tigers had guys wrapped up in backfield and a broken tackle turned into long td's not to mention a starting qb i heard is only 13 (not sure how true that is but i heard he is young for his grade). Yes BL was much bigger and much better but that score was a combination of a bunch of things on top of some bad luck but believe what you want BL is good and the Tigers aren't as bad as that score indicated.

But i guess the Tigers shouldn't even bother playing anyone the rest of the year besides leetonia? the home games against southern and toronto will be 60 point losses I guess lol.

I hope the tigers players are reading this because it should be good motivational material for them. Yes they are young and inexperienced but have skill players and have several more games they are capable of winning besides leetonia.

Last edited by VanillaIceBaby; 09-08-17 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-08-17, 11:21 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFan68 View Post
On paper it looks like a good match up. I think Wellsville at home will prevail.
I think the tigers pull it out tonight but they can't take the rockets lightly lowellville has a history of playing wellsville tough and they have a lot of experience returning from last year even if they aren't a really good team right now they are capable of pulling off the win. just hope the tigers are mentally ready.

lets go tigers!
Old 09-08-17, 12:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaIceBaby View Post
While edison is bad this is the best beaver local team in probably a decade or more are the steubenville no but there isnt a team on their schedule they can't beat and they'd beat every single team in the EOAC.
Ya think?
Old 09-08-17, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Ya think?
Yes they would no doubt in my mind.
Old 09-08-17, 03:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Yes they would no doubt in my mind.
As you wish.
Old 09-08-17, 04:20 PM
All World

TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While edison is bad this is the best beaver local team in probably a decade or more are the steubenville no but there isnt a team on their schedule they can't beat and they'd beat every single team in the EOAC. That beaver local v wellsville score was a combination of a very small school that's inexperienced playing a team 3 divisions bigger that had 21 returning lettermen. You could also see the tigers had the nerves going in the first game several BL scores came when tigers had guys wrapped up in backfield and a broken tackle turned into long td's not to mention a starting qb i heard is only 13 (not sure how true that is but i heard he is young for his grade). Yes BL was much bigger and much better but that score was a combination of a bunch of things on top of some bad luck but believe what you want BL is good and the Tigers aren't as bad as that score indicated.

But i guess the Tigers shouldn't even bother playing anyone the rest of the year besides leetonia? the home games against southern and toronto will be 60 point losses I guess lol.

I hope the tigers players are reading this because it should be good motivational material for them. Yes they are young and inexperienced but have skill players and have several more games they are capable of winning besides leetonia.
Beaver local will go 8-2 but miss the playoffs. Rough region, soft schedule. They are a lot better than they used to be though.

Is it true that carter is only 13 though vanilla? Lol
Old 09-08-17, 05:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealVille#2 View Post
Beaver local will go 8-2 but miss the playoffs. Rough region, soft schedule. They are a lot better than they used to be though.

Is it true that carter is only 13 though vanilla? Lol
THATs what I heard that he was 13 and wouldn't be 14 until during the season. Kid has so much natural arm talent he's going to be fun to watch. And yeah the predictors are saying 8-2 for the Beavers but the 3 best teams on their schedule Lindsley ferry and Indian creek are all beatable teams so it would surprise me to see them go anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0 but it's def their best team since 2006
Old 09-09-17, 06:03 AM
All World

EP vs United, 9-15.

Should show some direction as to who will be a contender for the TCL, excuse me, EOAC. Overall between the two, EP had the tougher OOL schedule.
Old 09-09-17, 10:44 AM
Varsity

TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
Wow League title decided after one game.( I know you didn't exactly say this but sure what it sounds like) I could be wrong but I doubt anyone goes through the conference undefeated
Old 09-09-17, 12:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFan68 View Post
Wow League title decided after one game.( I know you didn't exactly say this but sure what it sounds like) I could be wrong but I doubt anyone goes through the conference undefeated
No, that is what I meant.

Who, other than maybe Lisbon, would have a shot? Running the table is a must in this league, or you stand a huge chance of sitting week 11 if you are D6.
Old 09-09-17, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Only teams right now with no chance are wellsville and leetonia.
Old 09-09-17, 02:10 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Only teams right now with no chance are wellsville and leetonia.
Yes you are correct. But running the table is a must if you have 2 OOL loses.
Old 09-09-17, 02:53 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
EP's toughest remaining games are Lisbon and United. Perhaps Columbiana.
Conceivably run the table.

Very impressive performance at Memorial.
Should've beat Salem in my opinion.
Old 09-09-17, 07:25 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Lisbon down 14-6 at half to valley Christian.
Old 09-09-17, 07:36 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Lisbon down 14-6 at half to valley Christian.
Yikes
Old 09-09-17, 08:44 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Lisbon falls to VC 14-12
Old 09-09-17, 11:52 PM
All District

Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
Lisbon is going to win some games because of a weaker schedule, but they're just not a very good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-17, 05:00 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
EP's toughest remaining games are Lisbon and United. Perhaps Columbiana.
Conceivably run the table.

Very impressive performance at Memorial.
Should've beat Salem in my opinion.
United is the only one that I see. Lisbon losing to VC, a team that Campbell beat, takes Lisbon off my radar.
Old 09-10-17, 12:10 PM
Junior Varsity

UEAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
United is the only one that I see. Lisbon losing to VC, a team that Campbell beat, takes Lisbon off my radar.
From what I hear, Wood dislocated his shoulder Friday night. Same shoulder he had surgery on in the past.
Old 09-10-17, 02:19 PM
All World

TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
Standings

1. Lisbon - 2-1 (0-0)

-. Southern - 2-1 (0-0)

-. United - 2-1 (0-0)

-. Toronto - 2-1 (0-0)

5. Columbiana - 1-2 (0-0)

-. Wellsville - 1-2 (0-0)

-. East Palestine - 1-2 (0-0)

8. Leetonia 0-3 (0-0)

Week 3(9/8/17)
D7 Toronto (2-1) 35@ D5 Edison (0-3) 13
D6 Shenandoah 28 (3-0) @ D6 Southern (2-1) 0
D7 Lisbon (2-1) 12 @ D7 Valley Christian (1-1) 14
D6 East Palestine (1-2) 53 @ D6 Memorial (1-2) 26
D7 Malvern (0-3) @ D6 United (2-1) 12
D7 Leetonia (0-3) 14 @ D7 Chalker (2-1) 17
D7 Lowellville (2-1) 12 @ D7 Wellsville (1-2) 6
D6 Columbiana (1-2) 0 @ D6 Springfield (1-2) 35
Old 09-10-17, 02:23 PM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEAlum View Post
From what I hear, Wood dislocated his shoulder Friday night. Same shoulder he had surgery on in the past.
Sorry to hear, hope he is ok. You never want to hear something like this about any athlete, regardless of school.
Old 09-11-17, 07:58 AM
Varsity

FOOSBALL MAMA is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=bulldog1974;6832261]United is the only one that I see. Lisbon losing to VC, a team that Campbell beat, takes Lisbon off my radar.[/QUOT

Ahhh, the wisdom and radar of the delusional senior citizen. EP wins one game, and it is all over. They lost to a mediocre Salem team, got crushed by Perry, and beat a mediocre Campbell team. Having seen a couple games this weekend, United barely squeaked by Malvern, and probably should have lost that game. If Wood is out, they will struggle even more. Lisbon played a pretty tough defensive team in Valley Christian Saturday. Valley had some real size, speed, and athletes. Also, that was a very physical game. Valley, although 0-2 coming in, was pretty impressive defensively, and made just enough plays offensively to win. Lisbon needs to get things figured out on offense, but has a pretty good defense. Wellsville lost to a not so good Lowellville team, Southern got beat up pretty good by Shenandoah, and Columbiana got smoked. Toronto beat that same bad Edison team, so who knows about them.

It is all about match-ups from week to week. Teams get better and teams get worst as the season goes on. Hoping nobody comes up with foot and mouth disease again...........
Old 09-11-17, 08:01 AM
All World

[QUOTE=FOOSBALL MAMA;6833015]
Quote:
United is the only one that I see. Lisbon losing to VC, a team that Campbell beat, takes Lisbon off my radar.[/QUOT

Ahhh, the wisdom and radar of the delusional senior citizen. EP wins one game, and it is all over. They lost to a mediocre Salem team, got crushed by Perry, and beat a mediocre Campbell team. Having seen a couple games this weekend, United barely squeaked by Malvern, and probably should have lost that game. If Wood is out, they will struggle even more. Lisbon played a pretty tough defensive team in Valley Christian Saturday. Valley had some real size, speed, and athletes. Also, that was a very physical game. Valley, although 0-2 coming in, was pretty impressive defensively, and made just enough plays offensively to win. Lisbon needs to get things figured out on offense, but has a pretty good defense. Wellsville lost to a not so good Lowellville team, Southern got beat up pretty good by Shenandoah, and Columbiana got smoked. Toronto beat that same bad Edison team, so who knows about them.

It is all about match-ups from week to week. Teams get better and teams get worst as the season goes on. Hoping nobody comes up with foot and mouth disease again...........
Wise synopses of things to come.
Yet, I see none of these teams on Lisbon's schedule, 'nuff said.
Old 09-11-17, 08:50 AM
Varsity

FOOSBALL MAMA is on a distinguished road
I will give you the fact that Perry was a tough opponent, but have to call you a little, due to last years "predictions", "prognostications", and excuse making. Lets see how the league works out. I think you guys will do well against United this Friday, as they struggled to defend the pass against Malvern, and were also inconsistent on the offensive side of the ball. A good match-up for EP. Good luck Friday.
Old 09-11-17, 09:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOSBALL MAMA View Post
I will give you the fact that Perry was a tough opponent, but have to call you a little, due to last years "predictions", "prognostications", and excuse making. Lets see how the league works out. I think you guys will do well against United this Friday, as they struggled to defend the pass against Malvern, and were also inconsistent on the offensive side of the ball. A good match-up for EP. Good luck Friday.
Excuse making is one of the better qualities of Blue Devils fans in the past. Who's gonna be the Goat this week?

Last edited by bulldog1974; 09-11-17 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-11-17, 10:44 PM
Varsity

TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
Don't be deceived by Southern's loss to Shennandoah. After week 5 the Indians will get at least 6 new players/starters. It will be interesting to see how they mix them into the line up. So if you play them after week 5 be prepared for a whole new lineup.
Old 09-12-17, 04:22 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan68 View Post
don't be deceived by southern's loss to shennandoah. After week 5 the indians will get at least 6 new players/starters. It will be interesting to see how they mix them into the line up. So if you play them after week 5 be prepared for a whole new lineup.
Recruiting!