Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-10-18, 05:06 AM
Freshman

CBC_001 is on a distinguished road
Bellefonaine football 2018?

Bellefontaine comes off a season where they could’ve been in canton playing for a state title but obviously things didnt turn out that way. A big question surrounding this new team is how do they replace all the talent that left. Without the Lyburtus kid. They do return garret gross(2020,1,000 yrd rusher)who is very talented kid and I expect him to be as good or maybe even better than Lyburtus his senior year and really good this year. As for upfront they return 2 starters which could be a problem the one positive tho is that they do return a very talented lineman Jacob Kidwell who with the departure of Nolan Harrison may be the best in the CBC( saying this off of 3 games I seen him play in). They return jack clement who is a talented receiver and a really good basketball player. The one question I have tho is who is the qb? Does Toby put his son back there and let him run the offense? I could see them going anywhere from 7-3 to maybe 9-1 with a loss at Sidney or a loss to jonathon alder �� . Good luck to the Cheifs this year.

Last edited by CBC_001; 02-12-18 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Messed up
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-18, 04:34 PM
Freshman

the_beezer is on a distinguished road
I would hate to remind you but you dont have to much luck with your week 1 opponent Wapakoneta so there is a loss
Old 02-11-18, 05:06 PM
Freshman

CBC_001 is on a distinguished road
Times are changing wapak is running out of talent while bellefontaine is hitting a wave with nothing but talent as last year showed.Especially with wapaks qb he looked awful all season. Wapak will lose 3-4 games next year with losses to btown,Celina and st Mary’s.
Old 02-11-18, 07:23 PM
Freshman

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
CBC001, your favorite school is Bellefontaine? But you "wish us luck from Jonathan Alder"?

As for the Chiefs....Definitely a lot of holes to fill. We lose a great Sr class that had numbers and kids at every position. Obviously, you can't replace a Lyburtus type player, so the Chiefs will need to be different.

It starts with the defense. McDonald, Gross, Newman, Clement, Williams, Smith and some other spot players return. The D should and needs to be solid.

I would assume the offense is much more run oriented. Gross is a really good back. The Freshman, Leeper, has huge upside and home run ability. Clement is an excellent receiver and will need some younger guys to step up.

The offensive line loses a few guys but the Sophomore class is loaded at that position (agreed on Kidwell. I loved watching him last year).

I'm sure the QB will be Smith. He showed flashes this past year. He's good in the read game and gets downhill.

I think they will be hard to predict. I think the Chiefs will be good but how good is to be decided. Starting with Wapak and Sidney is tough. Urbana replaces Troy and some of the other league teams should be improved.
Old 02-11-18, 07:26 PM
Freshman

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
My son thinks Former starter Bruno Pattison is playing. If so, that's a huge help to both lines. He's huge and strong. Good wrestler too
Old 02-14-18, 04:06 PM
Freshman

the_beezer is on a distinguished road
Wapak's QB Erb had a up and down year but that was after being in the fire after are starter decided to quit and concentrate on baseball. We will have 2 of the best players in the WBL with Kaeck and Gibson. This is the year Moyer will have to prove himself because all of the kids who went through Frye's program and work ethic is gone.
Old 02-15-18, 05:43 AM
Freshman

attaboy64 is on a distinguished road
As Bruno's uncle, I feel pretty safe confirming, that he will be playing this season.