Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-05-18, 11:32 AM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Pac 2018

What's in store for the PAC in 2018? Northwest was very disappointing in its a PAC debut season. Manchester seems to be losing arguably the best RB in school history due to private privileges, Orrville has a couple of good young skill players Returning, Tuslaw should be improved with Gulling in year 2, Fairless will lose Shepard but return a good QB. CVCA also has a couple good young athletes and OL. Loudonville and Triway will both have a new Head coach.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-18, 03:13 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
Manchester should be very good, with or without Ethan Wright. I would think Manchester is head and shoulders better than the rest of the league!
Old 02-06-18, 01:14 PM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
Manchester should be very good, with or without Ethan Wright. I would think Manchester is head and shoulders better than the rest of the league!
Manchester loses only 5 starters, unless you count the kicker, then 6. The biggest loss is Beans at Center. Knight is not a loss at all. France is a minimal loss. Schuler was serviceable. The weapons on offense are Wright (yes, he's staying), Johnson and Foster. Hettich and Baker will head up the OL. Defensively they will be fine. Although the secondary will take a hit losing Schuler and France. However, their best DB is back, Johnson. Defensive Coordinator will be back after saying he was leaving. Their LB's (Baker, Kinsey and Pajlich) will be very strong as will the DL. Kicking game will be weak, again. Return teams will be very strong with Johnson, Foster and Wright. All in all, they will be very good and I think they can make some noise in their Region and Playoffs.
Old 02-06-18, 06:30 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Manchester loses only 5 starters, unless you count the kicker, then 6. The biggest loss is Beans at Center. Knight is not a loss at all. France is a minimal loss. Schuler was serviceable. The weapons on offense are Wright (yes, he's staying), Johnson and Foster. Hettich and Baker will head up the OL. Defensively they will be fine. Although the secondary will take a hit losing Schuler and France. However, their best DB is back, Johnson. Defensive Coordinator will be back after saying he was leaving. Their LB's (Baker, Kinsey and Pajlich) will be very strong as will the DL. Kicking game will be weak, again. Return teams will be very strong with Johnson, Foster and Wright. All in all, they will be very good and I think they can make some noise in their Region and Playoffs.
What was all the noise with Wright leaving? I was confused about this since that one thread was taken down
Old 02-06-18, 07:27 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
What was all the noise with Wright leaving? I was confused about this since that one thread was taken down
To make a long story short, Hoban said no RB and no Defense. WR only. Plus, sit out half of football, basketball and track seasons. QB question at MHS has not been resolved. For now, he's staying.
Old 02-08-18, 06:42 PM
Varsity

tantal is on a distinguished road
Can someone explain the sit out rule? If you leave for another school during the
current school year, do you have to sit out half of the following years football season?
Old 02-08-18, 07:44 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantal View Post
Can someone explain the sit out rule? If you leave for another school during the
current school year, do you have to sit out half of the following years football season?
There are 2 ways you can be eligible without sitting out 1/2 seasons. One is if you transfer back to your Home district. For example, Johnson, #5, transferred from SVSM back to Manchester, his home district. He was eligible for all sports because he transferred after the school year. If he would have transferred during the school year, he would have had to sit out the 1/2 seasons. If he would have transferred after participating in football practices and participated in a scrimmage and then transferred, not eligible. The second way is if you transfer from a public (Manchester) to a private (Hoban) and relocate out of your home district. Ie., Wright, #7. If you don't move, not eligible. That's pretty much the gist of it. Open enrollment is a whole different animal.
Old 02-09-18, 09:53 AM
Varsity

tantal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
There are 2 ways you can be eligible without sitting out 1/2 seasons. One is if you transfer back to your Home district. For example, Johnson, #5, transferred from SVSM back to Manchester, his home district. He was eligible for all sports because he transferred after the school year. If he would have transferred during the school year, he would have had to sit out the 1/2 seasons. If he would have transferred after participating in football practices and participated in a scrimmage and then transferred, not eligible. The second way is if you transfer from a public (Manchester) to a private (Hoban) and relocate out of your home district. Ie., Wright, #7. If you don't move, not eligible. That's pretty much the gist of it. Open enrollment is a whole different animal.
So, what about transferring between different public school districts, without moving, if there is open enrollment at the school to which you are transferring? Or, moving from a private school to another private school? This rule is so bizarre. Sometimes I've seen kids have to sit, while others do not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, though I'm sure there are loopholes.
Old 02-09-18, 10:59 AM
Varsity

Quote:
So, what about transferring between different public school districts, without moving, if there is open enrollment at the school to which you are transferring? Or, moving from a private school to another private school? This rule is so bizarre. Sometimes I've seen kids have to sit, while others do not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, though I'm sure there are loopholes.
Public to public, same rule about sitting out, even if open enrollment. Private to private, same rule.
Old 02-15-18, 04:17 PM
Varsity

Quote:
This will certainly be a deterrent to transferring, if it passes.
http://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/arti...or-Vote-in-May