Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-18, 08:51 AM
Junior Varsity

Greenandwhite98 is on a distinguished road
GCL Coed Shakeup?

Seems to be the theme this week...

Hearing rumblings that the ADs want to bring the GCLC back to one division, but RB & PM aren't happy about it and threatening to leave.

Hard to believe that 2 founding members would leave.

Anyone have insight as to why they aren't for it? Seems like it would make scheduling easier in the round-robin sports. I know travel would be an issue, McNick -> Carroll, and other similar trips, every year is trek, but it was one division before Fenwick & Carroll joined. Why the uproar now?

If they do leave, is the GCLC going to stay at 6? Add Summit? Lehman? Springfield Catholic? Royalmont (if they ever join the OHSAA)?

Where will RB and PM go? GMC obviously won't have them. ECC only wants D1 schools. CHL won't have them. SBAAC won't have them. SWOC? CMAC, MVC? Make a 3 team league with Winton Woods?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-18, 09:24 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure what difference it makes if its One division or two. All the teams play each other as it is. In football once, alternating home/away each year, in basketball they play teams in there own division twice and the other division once. (10 games) Mcnick has been traveling to Carroll for years in all sports. Its not that big of a trek maybe one hour (I've done it many times) Am I missing something? Are you talking about something else?
Old 02-08-18, 09:44 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
I'm not sure what difference it makes if its One division or two. All the teams play each other as it is. In football once, alternating home/away each year, in basketball they play teams in there own division twice and the other division once. (10 games) Mcnick has been traveling to Carroll for years in all sports. Its not that big of a trek maybe one hour (I've done it many times) Am I missing something? Are you talking about something else?
That's my point. I don't see the big deal either. Not sure why RB & PM would leave the league over having to play Carroll, Alter, CJ & Fenwick twice a year in the round robin sports. Unless travel(cost) is the issue. Adding 4 trips from McN, RB, PM, Badin to Carroll, CJ, Alter, Fenwick in every round robin sport will add up....I guess...but to leave a league you've been a member of since it started??? I'm confused, has to be more to it. Any RB/PM people have insights?
Old 02-08-18, 09:51 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenandwhite98 View Post
That's my point. I don't see the big deal either. Not sure why RB & PM would leave the league over having to play Carroll, Alter, CJ & Fenwick twice a year in the round robin sports. Unless travel(cost) is the issue. Adding 4 trips from McN, RB, PM, Badin to Carroll, CJ, Alter, Fenwick in every round robin sport will add up....I guess...but to leave a league you've been a member of since it started??? I'm confused, has to be more to it. Any RB/PM people have insights?
Doesn't make sense since they are already traveling to the Dayton area for Mens/Womans volleyball, soccer, softball, baseball, maybe track, golf, lacrosse etc. Whats one more trip? By the way I hadn't heard of this and although I'm not as close to the situation as I had been in the past 8 years I'm not sure its legit. Where did you get this news?
Old 02-08-18, 10:08 AM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenandwhite98 View Post
Seems to be the theme this week...

Hearing rumblings that the ADs want to bring the GCLC back to one division, but RB & PM aren't happy about it and threatening to leave.

Hard to believe that 2 founding members would leave.

Anyone have insight as to why they aren't for it? Seems like it would make scheduling easier in the round-robin sports. I know travel would be an issue, McNick -> Carroll, and other similar trips, every year is trek, but it was one division before Fenwick & Carroll joined. Why the uproar now?

If they do leave, is the GCLC going to stay at 6? Add Summit? Lehman? Springfield Catholic? Royalmont (if they ever join the OHSAA)?

Where will RB and PM go? GMC obviously won't have them. ECC only wants D1 schools. CHL won't have them. SBAAC won't have them. SWOC? CMAC, MVC? Make a 3 team league with Winton Woods?
It has nothing to do with travel, because they all play each other now. You have to understand this, PM and RB battle for last place in the central year after year. One of them gets to brag that they finished 3rd in the central, the other one finishes last. In their mind 3rd out of 4 sounds better than 6th or 7th out of 8.

What other logical reason could it be for them to be opposed to this?
Old 02-08-18, 10:08 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Doesn't make sense since they are already traveling to the Dayton area for Mens/Womans volleyball, soccer, softball, baseball, maybe track, golf, lacrosse etc. Whats one more trip? By the way I hadn't heard of this and although I'm not as close to the situation as I had been in the past 8 years I'm not sure its legit. Where did you get this news?
Lets just say horse's mouth and leave it at that.
Old 02-08-18, 10:11 AM
All Ohio

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
GWOC is racist!
Old 02-08-18, 10:31 AM
All District

Smoke Screen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
GWOC is racist!
What??????!!!!!!! How bad is it?
Old 02-08-18, 10:49 AM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
GWOC is racist!
Why, is Elder joining??
Old 02-08-18, 12:13 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
I am curious to hear what the alumni and boosters of RB & PM have to say about leaving the GCL.

Would McNick join the SBAAC larger school division?
Old 02-08-18, 01:57 PM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
I highly doubt the Archdiocese would let this go down. It seems to me the AD's suddenly forgot who they really work for.
Old 02-08-18, 03:18 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
I am curious to hear what the alumni and boosters of RB & PM have to say about leaving the GCL.

Would McNick join the SBAAC larger school division?
McNick wouldn't go anywhere they will stay in the COED . If RB/Purcell would leave my guess is that they would still be on the schedule. RB/Purcell have to play someone. Not sure the SBAAC would want them (Mcnick) other than football where McN would still be ok. McNick would (most years) be pretty dominant in the SBAAC, especially in Womans sports.
Old 02-08-18, 03:53 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
GWOC is racist!
The only schools that is known to be openly racist is Elder....

The current GWOC teams are Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Fairmont, Beavercreek, Trotwood, Miamisburg, Springboro, Lebanon, and Northmont.
Old 02-08-18, 04:31 PM
All Ohio

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
My bad, thought this was the GWOC shake-up thread.

However, perhaps it stills applies to the GCL... everyone is a racist these days so why not the Catholics too.