Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-09-17, 03:03 PM
All Ohio

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Glenn Campbell passes away

The world lost an incredible man in Glen Campbell. An artist who transcended country, pop, and rock and roll music, he truly had the ability to bring us all together with our common desires to have true love and compassion for our fellow man.

An incredible vocalist, guitarist who was in the same stratosphere as Clapton, Hendrix, Townshend and others, he brought joy to everyone right up until we lost him at 81.

RIP, my friend.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-17, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
"I'll Be Me", the documentary on his last tour while struggling with dementia/Alzheimer's is a pretty interesting watch. I think it is still on Netflix.
Old 08-09-17, 03:23 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
While most know him for the "orchestra" country songs of the early '70s dude was a member of the wrecking crew during the '60s playing on countless hit songs for others. That says a lot about his playing chops on the guitar.

Old 08-09-17, 03:35 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
During my 4th, 5th, and 6th grade years, his music was big part of the soundtrack coming from our family radio in the kitchen. I didn't understand the nuances of the lyrics, but I enjoyed his voice and phrasing, and that music.

By the time the 1980's came around, I had left the Rhinestone Cowboy behind for hipper, more sophisticated, relevant stuff. You know - anything with big hair on MTV.

Then I got married, vinyl disappeared off the shelf, and around 1992 I finally sprung for one of them there fancy "CD players". Lo and behold, the first CD I bought (in the discount bins for $5) was Glenn Campbell's. Greatest Hits, and I popped that sucker in to see how this doodad would sound.

Track #1 began playing - "Gentle On My Mind" - and all of a sudden I was back in my parents' house, listening to the old radio in the kitchen that played all day ..........
Old 08-10-17, 01:40 PM
All World

oldline70
Now that we're talking the old days, I can recall being about 6-7 years old and after hearing Glen Campbell on the radio and seeing him in the movies (True Grit anyone), I wanted to BE Glen Campbell. Clean cut cowboy from 1969 was what I aspired to.

I've since left that behind...kind of. RIP Glen Campbell, you will be missed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: