Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-24-17, 08:03 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
DII SW Ohio Shake Up

With Trotwood losing Myles Beyleu to Middletown and Dunbar losing Devon Baker and Caleb McConnell to Spire Basketball Academy out of Geneva OH and heard that Isaiah Kennedy left Wayne to CJ after CJ lost its whole team, how will this impact the region? Franklin is bumped to DI so who does that leave? I know Alter lost most of their starters but have a really solid junior class (three are DI recruits for football) with a couple of strong sophomores. CJ was able to save itself with a nice pickup. Any thoughts on the Dayton area? Roger Bacon lost their one stud going to Moeller, but them and Summit will probably reload.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-17, 02:50 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
11 kids from Spire Academy going D-1 in 2017.
Old 07-25-17, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Taft and Hughes will be very good this year out of the CMAC with Hughes having the advantage IMO. Summit will be down comparatively speaking from the past few years, RB will be decent, Woodward will be good but not better than Taft/Hughes.
Old 07-28-17, 09:08 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
With Trotwood losing Myles Beyleu to Middletown and Dunbar losing Devon Baker and Caleb McConnell to Spire Basketball Academy out of Geneva OH and heard that Isaiah Kennedy left Wayne to CJ after CJ lost its whole team, how will this impact the region? Franklin is bumped to DI so who does that leave? I know Alter lost most of their starters but have a really solid junior class (three are DI recruits for football) with a couple of strong sophomores. CJ was able to save itself with a nice pickup. Any thoughts on the Dayton area? Roger Bacon lost their one stud going to Moeller, but them and Summit will probably reload.
As stated in the previous post, I believe this will be the worst year ever for City league basketball. My prediction is that every team will struggle to get to .500 there's just no quality teams and a handful of quality teams in the Dayton area.
Old 07-28-17, 09:16 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
With Baker and McConnell, bolting for prep school I believe that's the beginning of a trend that will eventually be the demise of quality high school basketball. Another of effect of AAU. Elite players will leave their school and transfer to a prep for further exposure and better competition. Especially if their unhappy.

Last edited by Zezzo!; 07-28-17 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-28-17, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
11 kids from Spire Academy going D-1 in 2017.
And I bet all of them would have been D1 even if they stayed at their local school. If you are good enough, scouts find you.