Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-27-17, 04:28 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Pboy? That you?
spells too well to be Ted.....
Old 07-27-17, 05:57 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I'm a snowflake because some people have severe mental illness? What a moronic comment.
Nope, you're a snowflake because of your arguments itt. Try to keep up
Old 07-27-17, 07:18 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Nope, you're a snowflake because of your arguments itt. Try to keep up
Fine, I'll start calling people who struggle and succumb to mental illness feminine püssies like the rest of you, seems more constructive.
Old 07-27-17, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fine, I'll start calling people who struggle and succumb to mental illness feminine püssies like the rest of you, seems more constructive.
Please point out the post where I said any of that
Old 07-27-17, 12:00 PM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually, that "method" of coping is probably exactly what brought them to the brink by not seeking help to discover actual tools to cope with their mental health issues.
Can you clarify? This does not make much sense.
Old 07-27-17, 12:00 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
It has to have been difficult for you to battle with depression. 15 years ago, you sought out help for your mental condition from a doctor. Good for you! The assistance that you have received, Max, has clearly helped you to cope.

Why do you judge others differently in that, they should "tough it out"? Shouldn't others who suffer from depression like you be able to get help before something tragic happens?
You are a phony. I don't know why, and I don't really care. But it's creepy.
Old 07-27-17, 12:04 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I will second that I'm glad you were able to find the help you needed and set goals to get you through every day. And little do you know but you writing about your personal struggles may give someone the courage to go seek help. And maybe if you see someone who's down you take the time to discuss things with them. The stigma is still, Men Are Tough, Need No Help. That's total BS.

People have access to doctors but they're dying before they get in the door to get help. Help Change The Stigma
The stigma is more concern about others thinking that they're crazy or that "seeing a shrink" may jeopardize future employment opportunities than what you describe. And the kicker is sometimes it's true on both accounts.

Mental health is certainly important. What I'm talking about is how to deal with it and make real, lasting change for individuals. The coddling, "be tolerant of their sadness" method does not help anyone in my experience. It successfully keeps people in therapy and on an ever-increasing dosage of meds. It does not get to the core of the problem nor does it attempt to rectify whatever it may be.
Old 07-27-17, 01:04 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
No one said that about those with mental illness. Just about those that commit suicide.
Old 07-27-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
Can you clarify? This does not make much sense.
Telling people they are püssies if they can't cope, creates a stigma and embarrassment around the mental issues, which prevents many from acknowledging their issues and from seeking help. Pretty easy to understand actually.
Old 07-27-17, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
No one said that about those with mental illness. Just about those that commit suicide.
Oh, just the mentally ill that commit suicide, got it.
Old 07-27-17, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The stigma is more concern about others thinking that they're crazy or that "seeing a shrink" may jeopardize future employment opportunities than what you describe. And the kicker is sometimes it's true on both accounts.

Mental health is certainly important. What I'm talking about is how to deal with it and make real, lasting change for individuals. The coddling, "be tolerant of their sadness" method does not help anyone in my experience. It successfully keeps people in therapy and on an ever-increasing dosage of meds. It does not get to the core of the problem nor does it attempt to rectify whatever it may be.
So you think people shouldn't be tolerant of those going through depression lows? We should tell them to power through and stop being püssies? Great advice. I'm beginning to think you've totally made up your story of dealing with depression.
Old 07-27-17, 01:47 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
It's akin to telling someone just to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. Very constructive.
Old 07-27-17, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Suck it up, Buttercup.

If you are a typical product of today's military, drones were an even better idea than I realized.....
Old 07-27-17, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh, just the mentally ill that commit suicide, got it.
Nope. But not everyone that commits suicide is mentally ill. That's what the living say about them to justify it.
Old 07-27-17, 09:12 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nope. But not everyone that commits suicide is mentally ill. That's what the living say about them to justify it.
Just curious - say you had a daughter and her husband suffered with mental illness and eventually completed suicude. Would you let her know you think of him as a coward?
Old 07-27-17, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh, I see. They lie about the person's actual mental status. Got it.
Old 07-28-17, 02:50 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are correct, there are some that make rash decisions which is normally based off a sudden life event they think is the end of the world. Honestly speaking, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to stop those. I've kinda labeled those as "Revenge Suicides", the I'll show you.

However, a majority of them have shown signs for weeks, months and even years. This is always the, well we knew something was wrong but...from family and friends. These people often become loners. I was involved with one who'd been deceased for over a month and the only reason we checked it out was because the neighbors kept complaining about the grass. Another turned on the heat in the middle of August before offing himself. Wasn't found for a week and only because of the smell. I can't imagine having nobody realize I was missing for that amount of time.
Old 07-28-17, 06:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Just curious - say you had a daughter and her husband suffered with mental illness and eventually completed suicude. Would you let her know you think of him as a coward?
No
Old 07-28-17, 06:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh, I see. They lie about the person's actual mental status. Got it.
Correct. Mental illness is a diognosis. It's not diognosed by the family once someone commits suicide. But that is what happens in many instances. They don't want people to think that their loved one was a selfish coward. So they play the mental illness card. I'm not saying that mental illness is not a real problem in our society because it is. But too many people use it as a crutch for bad behavior.
By the way, are you capable of having a discussion or debate without the trolling or sarcasm every time someone's opinion is different than yours?
Old 07-28-17, 07:49 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Pretty shocking stuff here. Certainly not everyone that kills themselves suffered from mental illness, but no doubt a very good amount do.

I wonder how many people in here have loved ones who have suffered/do suffer from some form of mental illness. Regardless of what it is, it is incredibly difficult to try to "get right."
Old 07-28-17, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Correct. Mental illness is a diognosis. It's not diognosed by the family once someone commits suicide. But that is what happens in many instances. They don't want people to think that their loved one was a selfish coward. So they play the mental illness card. I'm not saying that mental illness is not a real problem in our society because it is. But too many people use it as a crutch for bad behavior.
By the way, are you capable of having a discussion or debate without the trolling or sarcasm every time someone's opinion is different than yours?
I didn't realize that the family falsely diognosis and plays the mental illness card post mortum to further justify bad behavior and provide cover for a coward. I'm not even going to ask for you to establish any facts, as it's pretty obvious you understand this better than most. Thanks Madge!
Old 07-28-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
No
Why not? You're probably culpable of allowing other cowards to commit suicide by not speaking out on these false diognoses to stand.
Old 07-28-17, 10:06 AM
All Region

Quote:
Telling people they are püssies if they can't cope, creates a stigma and embarrassment around the mental issues, which prevents many from acknowledging their issues and from seeking help. Pretty easy to understand actually.
It would be easier to understand if your response actually reflected what I had said.

This whole thing seems to have struck a chord with you. I'd bed $10 you're one of these feminized pansy boys who can't keep a woman because of your insufferable passive aggressiveness and whining. Here's a hint: women don't want feminized men, they want actual men who behave like men...even if they complain about it.

Last edited by Max Grumbleman; 07-28-17 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 07-28-17, 10:12 AM
All Region

Quote:
So you think people shouldn't be tolerant of those going through depression lows? We should tell them to power through and stop being püssies? Great advice. I'm beginning to think you've totally made up your story of dealing with depression.
Tolerant? Depends what you mean. There's the type of tolerance that is nothing more than coddling, and that inhibits progress. There's tolerance that encourages people to seek help and makes people feel as though seeking help doesn't mean they're a lesser human being. I see much more of the former being passed around as the proper method. That's why I speak out against it.

You power through and not be a püssy when you have a wife and kids and a bunch of people who rely on you. You be a man and put others well-being ahead of your own. I get the sense you had an over-protective mother.
Old 07-28-17, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Tolerant? Depends what you mean. There's the type of tolerance that is nothing more than coddling, and that inhibits progress. There's tolerance that encourages people to seek help and makes people feel as though seeking help doesn't mean they're a lesser human being. I see much more of the former being passed around as the proper method. That's why I speak out against it.

You power through and not be a püssy when you have a wife and kids and a bunch of people who rely on you. You be a man and put others well-being ahead of your own. I get the sense you had an over-protective mother.
Nope. I get the feeling your father left your family giving you abandonment issues.
Old 07-28-17, 10:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
It would be easier to understand if your response actually reflected what I had said.

This whole thing seems to have struck a chord with you. I'd bed $10 you're one of these feminized pansy boys who can't keep a woman because of your insufferable passive aggressiveness and whining. Here's a hint: women don't want feminized men, they want actual men who behave like men...even if they complain about it.
love the lashing out. Funny and sad. I must have struck a chord to make you act this way.
Old 07-28-17, 11:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
Nope. I get the feeling your father left your family giving you abandonment issues.
Nope. Dad never left. You should already have figured that out. I mentioned my parents earlier.
Old 07-28-17, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
love the lashing out. Funny and sad. I must have struck a chord to make you act this way.
I'm not surprised you think this is lashing out. At least you admit that you are failing to understand this conversation and that you display a lot of annoyingly feminine traits.
Old 07-28-17, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm not surprised you think this is lashing out. At least you admit that you are failing to understand this conversation and that you display a lot of annoyingly feminine traits.
Eastside is just a troll that jumps forum to forum twisting words, calling names and not adding anything insightful to the conversations. As you look back through his posts, he simply takes your post, twists it around, and then proceeds to attempt to make it seem as if he's getting under your skin. Just watch his response to this post. So don't pay him any mind, he is like the Yappi red headed step child that tries to fit in but can't.
Old 07-28-17, 02:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Of course you're lashing out. It's pretty entertaining.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: