Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-25-17, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Not sure why you'd think I'm struggling when I seek specificity, but that's kind of your shtick, I guess.

So, is it just some yit that "people say", or are they christians that believe in heaven, or what ? Maybe they all hope to be reincarnated as bison, and graze happily together in S Dakota ? So, any idea ?

The christian faith indicates that all live once, die, and are judged. No second trip around the merry-go-round. No do-overs in another life, but forgiveness in this one for the contrite heart.
Yeah, you're definitely struggling with it.
Old 07-25-17, 04:29 PM
All Ohio

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
If anyone is trying to be "morally superior" it's all the feminized püssies talking about how sad the person was. I don't care how sad he was. And neither should you. That's reality. It's hard. So grow up and don't give up.
It's not a matter of "I'm sad so I'll kill myself and leave my family to fend for themselves".
As long as you look at it that simply you won't understand the thought processes that people undergoing this kind of depression undergo. These people love their families much more than you realize.
Old 07-25-17, 05:02 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Yeah, you're definitely struggling with it.
Yeah, your shtick is definitely tired.
Old 07-25-17, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
It's not a matter of "I'm sad so I'll kill myself and leave my family to fend for themselves".
As long as you look at it that simply you won't understand the thought processes that people undergoing this kind of depression undergo. These people love their families much more than you realize.
Love is action, or a series of actions. It's more than a fuzzy feeling.
Old 07-25-17, 05:19 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've seen my share of people who've killed themselves over a rash decision. This happens a lot in younger people. I've had a guy shoot himself in the head because his lady took his last beer. These are the one's where I truly get upset with the person about.

However a majority are truly so mentally spent that they look at suicide as the only fix. They love their families more than anything and feel as if they're holding the back. Often in the weeks leading up to committing the act they'll try to set their family up for a future without them. They'll spend extra family time and seem perfectly happy. Maybe even overly happy. They'll come up with a plan where the family won't be the ones that find them because well, they love their family and don't want to put them through that. They believe they're helping, not hurting.
Old 07-25-17, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I've seen my share of people who've killed themselves over a rash decision. This happens a lot in younger people. I've had a guy shoot himself in the head because his lady took his last beer. These are the one's where I truly get upset with the person about.
I knew a kid that offed himself because he wrecked his dad's prize hot rod.

Quote:
However a majority are truly so mentally spent that they look at suicide as the only fix. They love their families more than anything and feel as if they're holding the back. Often in the weeks leading up to committing the act they'll try to set their family up for a future without them. They'll spend extra family time and seem perfectly happy. Maybe even overly happy. They'll come up with a plan where the family won't be the ones that find them because well, they love their family and don't want to put them through that. They believe they're helping, not hurting.
That's quite sad. I don't doubt at all that it is that way for some. They are deluded by their depression, and it's profoundly sad that people can reach that point. It sounds more to me like the actions of someone dying of an aggressive cancer, and some evidently feel it's just as inevitable. That's a type of self-loathing that I just can't understand.
Old 07-25-17, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
If anyone is trying to be "morally superior" it's all the feminized püssies talking about how sad the person was. I don't care how sad he was. And neither should you. That's reality. It's hard. So grow up and don't give up.
such a tough guy.
Old 07-25-17, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Snowflake whiny nonsense. This is not something worth spewing the modern "tolerance" bullsh*t. He bailed on his wife, his kids, and the rest of his family. That's all there is to it.

Here's some actual advice for all the püssies moaning about and feeling sorry for themselves: Be a man. Dig deep. Power through your problems.
okay, I'm sure you just ended suicide and any mental health issues.
Old 07-25-17, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh I love the grow up and be a man. Two careers with the highest rate of suicide are military and law enforcement. You know those that run towards danger while others run away. The true cowards of our society. In those professions you see things the rest of the world doesn't. Many are fine in that element but have a tough time in the "real world". Few get help because they're "too tough" to do so. These deaths aren't reported because the don't play an instrument, carry a ball or have a pretty face.

I understand having different opinions but until you live a day in the shoes of someone who is truly depressed. Or stand next to them on a daily basis, it's tough to judge them.
Add physicians to that list of selfish püssies.
Old 07-25-17, 09:23 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
I believe he was sexually abused as a young child. Unless you've been through that, which I haven't, then I find it pretty difficult to judge whatever demons he struggled with for the rest of his life.

Some people will use anything to make themselves feel tougher though.
Old 07-25-17, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
It's sad that people are so ignorant about mental illness that their answer is to simply be a man. It's hard to think of a more obtuse mentality.
Old 07-25-17, 10:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh I love the grow up and be a man. Two careers with the highest rate of suicide are military and law enforcement. You know those that run towards danger while others run away. The true cowards of our society. In those professions you see things the rest of the world doesn't. Many are fine in that element but have a tough time in the "real world". Few get help because they're "too tough" to do so. These deaths aren't reported because the don't play an instrument, carry a ball or have a pretty face.

I understand having different opinions but until you live a day in the shoes of someone who is truly depressed. Or stand next to them on a daily basis, it's tough to judge them.
Good points. Max why do you think service members/veterans and law enforcement officers are cowards.
Old 07-26-17, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
It's sad that people are so ignorant about mental illness that their answer is to simply be a man. It's hard to think of a more obtuse mentality.
I don't think it's necessarily obtuse or lacking compassion. I think the first part of your sentence describes attitudes better, "ignorance." There's a lack of knowledge, a lack of experience. Much of what is now called mental "illness" used to be called "choice" whether that was an accurate description or not.

It's not visible, can't generally be seen on an x-ray, there are people with the same behaviors that are making a choice. It was called "battle fatigue" or worse, "cowardess." "Cures" in the day, involved shock therapy or other magic potions. It can be due to self-inflicted behaviors. It's just not as concrete as a broken bone.

I think it's something calls for patience from those that do feel they understand it, towards those that don't. Diminishing someone because they don't agree every anti-social behavior is mental "illness" or recognize it when it's staring them in the face, I don't think accomplishes much.
Old 07-26-17, 02:32 PM
All District

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Spare me the emotional arguments.

I have lived with depression for at least 15 diagnosed years. Do not go there.
Old 07-26-17, 02:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
such a tough guy.
Experienced.
Old 07-26-17, 02:40 PM
All District

Quote:
okay, I'm sure you just ended suicide and any mental health issues.
I am not offering a cure, but a method of coping.

Giving in to the woe-is-me, "what about MY feelings" nonsense is what we get when we let women and female thought run too much of the show. Men know what the male psyche needs more than they do: we need to be brought to our feet and told to fight on and persevere.

This doesn't come from a lack of compassion or love, quite the opposite. Where the mother is there to coddle and bandage, the father is there to teach you have to live in reality and deal with its harshness. Our society has too much of the former and very little of a latter, so much so that the latter is actually demonized. It has made us weak and it shows in the mentality of our people.
Old 07-26-17, 02:42 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Living in to the woe-is-me, "what about MY feelings" nonsense is what we get when we let women and female thought run too much of the show. Men know what the male psyche needs more than they do: we need to be brought to our feet and told to fight on and persevere.
Pboy? That you?
Old 07-26-17, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_Nazi_Germany
Old 07-26-17, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Lol what?
Old 07-26-17, 03:18 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Lol what?
I guess its just another list of folks with mental illness.
Old 07-26-17, 03:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Spare me the emotional arguments.

I have lived with depression for at least 15 diagnosed years. Do not go there.
It has to have been difficult for you to battle with depression. 15 years ago, you sought out help for your mental condition from a doctor. Good for you! The assistance that you have received, Max, has clearly helped you to cope.

Why do you judge others differently in that, they should "tough it out"? Shouldn't others who suffer from depression like you be able to get help before something tragic happens?
Old 07-26-17, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It has to have been difficult for you to battle with depression. 15 years ago, you sought out help for your mental condition from a doctor. Good for you! The assistance that you have received, Max, has clearly helped you to cope.

Why do you judge others differently in that, they should "tough it out"? Shouldn't others who suffer from depression like you be able to get help before something tragic happens?
When did he ever say nobody should have any help? Did Bennington not have access to doctors?
Old 07-26-17, 04:42 PM
All District

Quote:

I am not advocating avoiding therapy or anti-depressants. What I'm talking about is how one copes with their thoughts and feelings and how people in general respond to those who they know are depressed.

In my experience, the best method for fighting depression is finding the source in therapy and giving oneself a concrete purpose. For me, the source of my depression turned out to be a childhood in which my parents failed to provide me an adequate set of life rules to live by, making me aimless, goalless, and ultimately purposeless. By defining my goals (not any easy thing by any stretch of the imagination; it took me years) I found my purpose, and through that I have been able to fight through the dark times. My purpose over time developed into a hierarchy: at the top my children (3: 1 recent college grad, 1 in college, 1 in HS), second my wife, third my parents who are now elderly and will soon likely have to live with me and my wife, and fourth my job. I hope to add grandchildren in the next few years.

This is far more effective than coddling and asking people to be tolerant of people's sadness. I detest that mindset. It helps no one.
Old 07-26-17, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I am not offering a cure, but a method of coping.

Giving in to the woe-is-me, "what about MY feelings" nonsense is what we get when we let women and female thought run too much of the show. Men know what the male psyche needs more than they do: we need to be brought to our feet and told to fight on and persevere.

This doesn't come from a lack of compassion or love, quite the opposite. Where the mother is there to coddle and bandage, the father is there to teach you have to live in reality and deal with its harshness. Our society has too much of the former and very little of a latter, so much so that the latter is actually demonized. It has made us weak and it shows in the mentality of our people.
Actually, that "method" of coping is probably exactly what brought them to the brink by not seeking help to discover actual tools to cope with their mental health issues.
Old 07-26-17, 06:00 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually, that "method" of coping is probably exactly what brought them to the brink by not seeking help to discover actual tools to cope with their mental health issues.
Snowflake
Old 07-26-17, 06:16 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
We're all not built the same, thus there can be no one-size-fits-all solution. Kudos to those who struggle and learn to cope. Prayers to those whose constitution precludes them from healing.
Old 07-26-17, 06:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I am not advocating avoiding therapy or anti-depressants. What I'm talking about is how one copes with their thoughts and feelings and how people in general respond to those who they know are depressed.

In my experience, the best method for fighting depression is finding the source in therapy and giving oneself a concrete purpose. For me, the source of my depression turned out to be a childhood in which my parents failed to provide me an adequate set of life rules to live by, making me aimless, goalless, and ultimately purposeless. By defining my goals (not any easy thing by any stretch of the imagination; it took me years) I found my purpose, and through that I have been able to fight through the dark times. My purpose over time developed into a hierarchy: at the top my children (3: 1 recent college grad, 1 in college, 1 in HS), second my wife, third my parents who are now elderly and will soon likely have to live with me and my wife, and fourth my job. I hope to add grandchildren in the next few years.

This is far more effective than coddling and asking people to be tolerant of people's sadness. I detest that mindset. It helps no one.
I am truly happy that the approach that you and those that you relied upon helped you through the years.
I would only caution you not to judge and/or condemn others who have been less than successful in battling their own demons. In my opinion at least, they need support from those like you who have succeeded in battling your depression. I would only hope that you can see your way to do so.
Best wishes to you and your wonderful family.
Old 07-26-17, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Snowflake
I'm a snowflake because some people have severe mental illness? What a moronic comment.
Old 07-26-17, 11:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I guess its just another list of folks with mental illness.
Calling this a weak argument would be too generous.
Old 07-27-17, 01:39 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I will second that I'm glad you were able to find the help you needed and set goals to get you through every day. And little do you know but you writing about your personal struggles may give someone the courage to go seek help. And maybe if you see someone who's down you take the time to discuss things with them. The stigma is still, Men Are Tough, Need No Help. That's total BS.

People have access to doctors but they're dying before they get in the door to get help. Help Change The Stigma

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: