Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-22-17, 11:35 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,463
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Right, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I thought you liked your nickname.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-24-17, 08:09 AM
Max Grumbleman Max Grumbleman is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 207
Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
It drives me crazy seeing so many people spew sympathy for this "man." When you have a kid (let alone 6!), your life is no longer just your own. It is horrifying but I can't say I'm surprised by such a reaction given we live in a society so full of narcissism.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-24-17, 08:45 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,463
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Much sympathy and empathy for Chester.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-24-17, 09:02 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,743
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
It drives me crazy seeing so many people spew sympathy for this "man." When you have a kid (let alone 6!), your life is no longer just your own. It is horrifying but I can't say I'm surprised by such a reaction given we live in a society so full of narcissism.
I really have never got the adulation and fame we bestow onto athletes and musicians...they are regular people who have a special gift in one area. This area isn't necessarily being "normal". They don't have a normal life. Sadly, many give these folks alot of praise and attention when a suicide is committed. Not thinking of the selfish act and the responsibilities they leave behind.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-24-17, 09:14 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,463
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
No one is praising him for committing suicide. What a moronic comment.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-24-17, 01:27 PM
Max Grumbleman Max Grumbleman is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 207
Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Much sympathy and empathy for Chester.
Misplaced. Feel for his family, not him.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-24-17, 02:09 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 4,892
zeeman is on a distinguished road
I'm getting a Bennington pontoon
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-24-17, 02:20 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 3,831
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road


Linkin Park's official statement
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-24-17, 02:55 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,463
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
Misplaced. Feel for his family, not him.
Not at all. Feel for all.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-24-17, 04:03 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,542
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post

Linkin Park's official statement
Until we see you again ? Interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-24-17, 04:03 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,542
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Not at all. Feel for all.
Chet's dead, so......
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-24-17, 04:23 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 1,569
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I really have never got the adulation and fame we bestow onto athletes and musicians.
Says the guy who listens to sports talk radio.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-24-17, 04:33 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 32,879
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
NFL radio is decent
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-24-17, 08:06 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,610
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
No one is praising him for committing suicide. What a moronic comment.
You are
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-24-17, 08:08 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,610
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post


Linkin Park's official statement
He was clearly NOT the world's best husband, father and son. In fact, his final act was a big "f you" to all of them.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-24-17, 08:34 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,743
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Says the guy who listens to sports talk radio.
And that means what??? I have an interest in sports and the stories around them, does not mean I adore them or emulate my life like athletes. They are regular people with a special talent in one area. Not necessarily great people.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-24-17, 08:50 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 14,118
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
You are
I haven't seen anyone in this thread praise this guy for committing suicide. Why do you feel the need to make things up?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-24-17, 08:59 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,463
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
You are
Nope. Another moronic comment by Madge.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-24-17, 09:16 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,542
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
He was clearly NOT the world's best husband, father and son. In fact, his final act was a big "f you" to all of them.
pretty much......

....maybe, also, "Being a part of your life and trying to enrich it in some way is not worth enduring my pain"?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-25-17, 06:28 AM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 1,681
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Does everyone on this board fail to realize many that commit suicide are so mentally broken that they believe they're leaving their family and friends in a better place by ending their own life? That the world would be a better place without them. They feel like they're a burden on their families. They drink or do drugs to numb that pain. That of course brings additional problems. These people aren't cowards. Their brains simply don't work like most. And as long as there's a stigma behind getting help, these things will continue to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-25-17, 08:02 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,463
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Does everyone on this board fail to realize many that commit suicide are so mentally broken that they believe they're leaving their family and friends in a better place by ending their own life? That the world would be a better place without them. They feel like they're a burden on their families. They drink or do drugs to numb that pain. That of course brings additional problems. These people aren't cowards. Their brains simply don't work like most. And as long as there's a stigma behind getting help, these things will continue to happen.
Good post. Anyone who's been around someone who truly suffers from depression knows how debilitating it is and how it can absolutely warp a person's assessment of reality. It's a tragedy, not an act of cowardice.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-25-17, 08:46 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,542
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Of course it's a tragedy. It's also a cowardly act. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not sure how minimizing the selfishness of the act and turning up the melodrama is going to encourage anyone to live and seek help. I'd like to have that explained to me.

Where do the surviving members expect to see Chester again ? Are they believers in reincarnation ? Some systems of belief seem to almost encourage taking a mulligan on life.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-25-17, 08:52 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 1,569
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
And that means what??? I have an interest in sports and the stories around them, does not mean I adore them or emulate my life like athletes. They are regular people with a special talent in one area. Not necessarily great people.
You said you never got the fame we bestow upon athletes. They are famous because people have a strong interest in pro sports and the athletes that participate in them. Evidenced by the fact there's an entire separate, massive, industry dedicated to simply talking about them and analyzing them.

Basically, you're a hypocrite. Listen to talk radio about doctors and school teachers if you think they're the ones that deserve fame.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-25-17, 02:16 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 672
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Does everyone on this board fail to realize many that commit suicide are so mentally broken that they believe they're leaving their family and friends in a better place by ending their own life? That the world would be a better place without them. They feel like they're a burden on their families. They drink or do drugs to numb that pain. That of course brings additional problems. These people aren't cowards. Their brains simply don't work like most. And as long as there's a stigma behind getting help, these things will continue to happen.
This may be the best post you have ever made. I think you have hit the bullseye on so many of your statements.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-25-17, 02:58 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 672
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
I certainly get the point about the family being left behind in not only sorrow, but possibly without the income necessary to continue the lifestyle. All of the remaining family members are left with a "hole" in their hearts. They all must wonder if they somehow are at fault over the need for the deceased to take his own life. I wouldn't wish that sense of guilt and/or pain on anyone.
However, the ability for any of us to judge requires that we can at least understand a little bit of what the deceased had gone through. I'm not sure that any of us can do that.

Having suffered from depression myself (not severe but it involved medications to help), I can certainly see how someone can have the inability to see things clearly like others can. Small things can get magnified into major obstacles.

We all feel for Mr. Bennington's family. This stuff is heartbreaking, no doubt. But to just sit on one's high horse and condemn him without attempting to understand all aspects of this tragedy seems to me to be nothing more than a self-serving attempt to make his critics feel morally superior.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-25-17, 03:08 PM
Max Grumbleman Max Grumbleman is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 207
Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Does everyone on this board fail to realize many that commit suicide are so mentally broken that they believe they're leaving their family and friends in a better place by ending their own life? That the world would be a better place without them. They feel like they're a burden on their families. They drink or do drugs to numb that pain. That of course brings additional problems. These people aren't cowards. Their brains simply don't work like most. And as long as there's a stigma behind getting help, these things will continue to happen.
Snowflake whiny nonsense. This is not something worth spewing the modern "tolerance" bullsh*t. He bailed on his wife, his kids, and the rest of his family. That's all there is to it.

Here's some actual advice for all the püssies moaning about and feeling sorry for themselves: Be a man. Dig deep. Power through your problems.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-25-17, 03:11 PM
Max Grumbleman Max Grumbleman is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-11-16
Posts: 207
Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
I certainly get the point about the family being left behind in not only sorrow, but possibly without the income necessary to continue the lifestyle. All of the remaining family members are left with a "hole" in their hearts. They all must wonder if they somehow are at fault over the need for the deceased to take his own life. I wouldn't wish that sense of guilt and/or pain on anyone.
However, the ability for any of us to judge requires that we can at least understand a little bit of what the deceased had gone through. I'm not sure that any of us can do that.

Having suffered from depression myself (not severe but it involved medications to help), I can certainly see how someone can have the inability to see things clearly like others can. Small things can get magnified into major obstacles.

We all feel for Mr. Bennington's family. This stuff is heartbreaking, no doubt. But to just sit on one's high horse and condemn him without attempting to understand all aspects of this tragedy seems to me to be nothing more than a self-serving attempt to make his critics feel morally superior.
If anyone is trying to be "morally superior" it's all the feminized püssies talking about how sad the person was. I don't care how sad he was. And neither should you. That's reality. It's hard. So grow up and don't give up.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-25-17, 03:13 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 14,118
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Where do the surviving members expect to see Chester again ? Are they believers in reincarnation ? Some systems of belief seem to almost encourage taking a mulligan on life.
Not sure why you're struggling to figure out why they would say that? It's a pretty common theme when talking about people who have passed.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-25-17, 03:47 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 1,681
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
If anyone is trying to be "morally superior" it's all the feminized püssies talking about how sad the person was. I don't care how sad he was. And neither should you. That's reality. It's hard. So grow up and don't give up.
Oh I love the grow up and be a man. Two careers with the highest rate of suicide are military and law enforcement. You know those that run towards danger while others run away. The true cowards of our society. In those professions you see things the rest of the world doesn't. Many are fine in that element but have a tough time in the "real world". Few get help because they're "too tough" to do so. These deaths aren't reported because the don't play an instrument, carry a ball or have a pretty face.

I understand having different opinions but until you live a day in the shoes of someone who is truly depressed. Or stand next to them on a daily basis, it's tough to judge them.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-25-17, 04:15 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,542
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Not sure why you're struggling to figure out why they would say that? It's a pretty common theme when talking about people who have passed.
Not sure why you'd think I'm struggling when I seek specificity, but that's kind of your shtick, I guess.

So, is it just some yit that "people say", or are they christians that believe in heaven, or what ? Maybe they all hope to be reincarnated as bison, and graze happily together in S Dakota ? So, any idea ?

The christian faith indicates that all live once, die, and are judged. No second trip around the merry-go-round. No do-overs in another life, but forgiveness in this one for the contrite heart.

Maybe they think like System of a Down ?

Quote:
Life is a waterfall
we're one in the river
and one again after the fall....
It seems to them our life on earth is as a droplet of water defined in the acceleration of a waterfall while living here, before and after the waterfall just a tiny part of an amorphous Jungian collective consciousness. See you at the lake, buddy.....not very cheering....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz