Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-22-17, 11:35 AM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Right, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I thought you liked your nickname.
Old 07-24-17, 08:09 AM
All District

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
It drives me crazy seeing so many people spew sympathy for this "man." When you have a kid (let alone 6!), your life is no longer just your own. It is horrifying but I can't say I'm surprised by such a reaction given we live in a society so full of narcissism.
Old 07-24-17, 08:45 AM
Fake coolin' off

Much sympathy and empathy for Chester.
Old 07-24-17, 09:02 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Grumbleman View Post
It drives me crazy seeing so many people spew sympathy for this "man." When you have a kid (let alone 6!), your life is no longer just your own. It is horrifying but I can't say I'm surprised by such a reaction given we live in a society so full of narcissism.
I really have never got the adulation and fame we bestow onto athletes and musicians...they are regular people who have a special gift in one area. This area isn't necessarily being "normal". They don't have a normal life. Sadly, many give these folks alot of praise and attention when a suicide is committed. Not thinking of the selfish act and the responsibilities they leave behind.
Old 07-24-17, 09:14 AM
Fake coolin' off

No one is praising him for committing suicide. What a moronic comment.
Old 07-24-17, 01:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Much sympathy and empathy for Chester.
Misplaced. Feel for his family, not him.
Old 07-24-17, 02:09 PM
All World

zeeman is on a distinguished road
I'm getting a Bennington pontoon
Old 07-24-17, 02:20 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road

Linkin Park's official statement
Old 07-24-17, 02:55 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Misplaced. Feel for his family, not him.
Not at all. Feel for all.
Old 07-24-17, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post

Until we see you again ? Interesting.
Old 07-24-17, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not at all. Feel for all.
Chet's dead, so......
Old 07-24-17, 04:23 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I really have never got the adulation and fame we bestow onto athletes and musicians.
Says the guy who listens to sports talk radio.
Old 07-24-17, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
NFL radio is decent
Old 07-24-17, 08:06 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
No one is praising him for committing suicide. What a moronic comment.
You are
Old 07-24-17, 08:08 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post

He was clearly NOT the world's best husband, father and son. In fact, his final act was a big "f you" to all of them.
Old 07-24-17, 08:34 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Says the guy who listens to sports talk radio.
And that means what??? I have an interest in sports and the stories around them, does not mean I adore them or emulate my life like athletes. They are regular people with a special talent in one area. Not necessarily great people.
Old 07-24-17, 08:50 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
You are
I haven't seen anyone in this thread praise this guy for committing suicide. Why do you feel the need to make things up?
Old 07-24-17, 08:59 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
You are
Nope. Another moronic comment by Madge.
Old 07-24-17, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He was clearly NOT the world's best husband, father and son. In fact, his final act was a big "f you" to all of them.
pretty much......

....maybe, also, "Being a part of your life and trying to enrich it in some way is not worth enduring my pain"?
Old 07-25-17, 06:28 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Does everyone on this board fail to realize many that commit suicide are so mentally broken that they believe they're leaving their family and friends in a better place by ending their own life? That the world would be a better place without them. They feel like they're a burden on their families. They drink or do drugs to numb that pain. That of course brings additional problems. These people aren't cowards. Their brains simply don't work like most. And as long as there's a stigma behind getting help, these things will continue to happen.
Old 07-25-17, 08:02 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Does everyone on this board fail to realize many that commit suicide are so mentally broken that they believe they're leaving their family and friends in a better place by ending their own life? That the world would be a better place without them. They feel like they're a burden on their families. They drink or do drugs to numb that pain. That of course brings additional problems. These people aren't cowards. Their brains simply don't work like most. And as long as there's a stigma behind getting help, these things will continue to happen.
Good post. Anyone who's been around someone who truly suffers from depression knows how debilitating it is and how it can absolutely warp a person's assessment of reality. It's a tragedy, not an act of cowardice.
Old 07-25-17, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

Of course it's a tragedy. It's also a cowardly act. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not sure how minimizing the selfishness of the act and turning up the melodrama is going to encourage anyone to live and seek help. I'd like to have that explained to me.

Where do the surviving members expect to see Chester again ? Are they believers in reincarnation ? Some systems of belief seem to almost encourage taking a mulligan on life.
Old 07-25-17, 08:52 AM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
And that means what??? I have an interest in sports and the stories around them, does not mean I adore them or emulate my life like athletes. They are regular people with a special talent in one area. Not necessarily great people.
You said you never got the fame we bestow upon athletes. They are famous because people have a strong interest in pro sports and the athletes that participate in them. Evidenced by the fact there's an entire separate, massive, industry dedicated to simply talking about them and analyzing them.

Basically, you're a hypocrite. Listen to talk radio about doctors and school teachers if you think they're the ones that deserve fame.
Old 07-25-17, 02:16 PM
All Ohio

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This may be the best post you have ever made. I think you have hit the bullseye on so many of your statements.
Old 07-25-17, 02:58 PM
All Ohio

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
I certainly get the point about the family being left behind in not only sorrow, but possibly without the income necessary to continue the lifestyle. All of the remaining family members are left with a "hole" in their hearts. They all must wonder if they somehow are at fault over the need for the deceased to take his own life. I wouldn't wish that sense of guilt and/or pain on anyone.
However, the ability for any of us to judge requires that we can at least understand a little bit of what the deceased had gone through. I'm not sure that any of us can do that.

Having suffered from depression myself (not severe but it involved medications to help), I can certainly see how someone can have the inability to see things clearly like others can. Small things can get magnified into major obstacles.

We all feel for Mr. Bennington's family. This stuff is heartbreaking, no doubt. But to just sit on one's high horse and condemn him without attempting to understand all aspects of this tragedy seems to me to be nothing more than a self-serving attempt to make his critics feel morally superior.
Old 07-25-17, 03:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Snowflake whiny nonsense. This is not something worth spewing the modern "tolerance" bullsh*t. He bailed on his wife, his kids, and the rest of his family. That's all there is to it.

Here's some actual advice for all the püssies moaning about and feeling sorry for themselves: Be a man. Dig deep. Power through your problems.
Old 07-25-17, 03:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
I certainly get the point about the family being left behind in not only sorrow, but possibly without the income necessary to continue the lifestyle. All of the remaining family members are left with a "hole" in their hearts. They all must wonder if they somehow are at fault over the need for the deceased to take his own life. I wouldn't wish that sense of guilt and/or pain on anyone.
However, the ability for any of us to judge requires that we can at least understand a little bit of what the deceased had gone through. I'm not sure that any of us can do that.

Having suffered from depression myself (not severe but it involved medications to help), I can certainly see how someone can have the inability to see things clearly like others can. Small things can get magnified into major obstacles.

We all feel for Mr. Bennington's family. This stuff is heartbreaking, no doubt. But to just sit on one's high horse and condemn him without attempting to understand all aspects of this tragedy seems to me to be nothing more than a self-serving attempt to make his critics feel morally superior.
If anyone is trying to be "morally superior" it's all the feminized püssies talking about how sad the person was. I don't care how sad he was. And neither should you. That's reality. It's hard. So grow up and don't give up.
Old 07-25-17, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Where do the surviving members expect to see Chester again ? Are they believers in reincarnation ? Some systems of belief seem to almost encourage taking a mulligan on life.
Not sure why you're struggling to figure out why they would say that? It's a pretty common theme when talking about people who have passed.
Old 07-25-17, 03:47 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If anyone is trying to be "morally superior" it's all the feminized püssies talking about how sad the person was. I don't care how sad he was. And neither should you. That's reality. It's hard. So grow up and don't give up.
Oh I love the grow up and be a man. Two careers with the highest rate of suicide are military and law enforcement. You know those that run towards danger while others run away. The true cowards of our society. In those professions you see things the rest of the world doesn't. Many are fine in that element but have a tough time in the "real world". Few get help because they're "too tough" to do so. These deaths aren't reported because the don't play an instrument, carry a ball or have a pretty face.

I understand having different opinions but until you live a day in the shoes of someone who is truly depressed. Or stand next to them on a daily basis, it's tough to judge them.
Old 07-25-17, 04:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Not sure why you're struggling to figure out why they would say that? It's a pretty common theme when talking about people who have passed.
Not sure why you'd think I'm struggling when I seek specificity, but that's kind of your shtick, I guess.

So, is it just some yit that "people say", or are they christians that believe in heaven, or what ? Maybe they all hope to be reincarnated as bison, and graze happily together in S Dakota ? So, any idea ?

The christian faith indicates that all live once, die, and are judged. No second trip around the merry-go-round. No do-overs in another life, but forgiveness in this one for the contrite heart.

Maybe they think like System of a Down ?

Quote:
Life is a waterfall
we're one in the river
and one again after the fall....
It seems to them our life on earth is as a droplet of water defined in the acceleration of a waterfall while living here, before and after the waterfall just a tiny part of an amorphous Jungian collective consciousness. See you at the lake, buddy.....not very cheering....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: