Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-24-17, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille
I have not seen a single episode of this show. Is it as good as everyone says it is and worth watching? With 3 children, I'm not sure when I'll find time given the violence and nudity I've heard about
Yeah, don't watch it with kids around.
Funny scene in IZombie about that. Guy trying to get in good graces with neighbor agrees to babysit her boy. Boy tells guy he and his Ma watch GoT together. Ma comes to pick up boy during the show and gives guy a talking about being manipulated by a kid.
Old 07-24-17, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
I have not seen a single episode of this show. Is it as good as everyone says it is and worth watching? With 3 children, I'm not sure when I'll find time given the violence and nudity I've heard about.
It is every bit as good as everyone is saying and it's definitely worth watching. IMO when all is said & done it will be one of the five best TV shows EVER.

But as others have noted this is not for the kids unless they are at least in their late teens.
Old 07-24-17, 03:58 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
It is every bit as good as everyone is saying and it's definitely worth watching. IMO when all is said & done it will be one of the five best TV shows EVER.

But as others have noted this is not for the kids unless they are at least in their late teens.
And that is my issue. Late at night is my only option and at that time, I'm too tired to watch anything.
Old 07-24-17, 04:58 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Thinking Jon Snow and the North should probably be showing a tad more gratitude to Littlefinger
For what? Betraying his father or saving the North so he could make a run at Sansa?

The guy is a piece of $hit. Been waiting a long time to see someone choke his arse and threaten death.
Old 07-24-17, 05:03 PM
All World

Quote:
No character is better at playing the Game.
Him, Varyies, and Tyrion. All are great but the first two never get their hands dirty and will play to whoever is in charge.

Theon/Reek is definitely dickless.

Please lose the lesbian crap for the sake of inserting lesbian crap. So did all the women from Dorn (spl?) die? Yara?
Old 07-24-17, 05:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Him, Varyies, and Tyrion. All are great but the first two never get their hands dirty and will play to whoever is in charge.

Please lose the lesbian crap for the sake of inserting lesbian crap. So did all the women from Dorn (spl?) die? Yara?
Mama and the youngest who were about to get bent over, are the prizes promised to Cersei. They're alive.

These writers are pizzing off the LGBxyz crowd more than supporting. They killed one and are raping and pillaging the other lesbian/tri-sexuals. And you'll note, your "game players" are all men. Ollenna being maybe the only exception.
Old 07-24-17, 05:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Thinking Jon Snow and the North should probably be showing a tad more gratitude to Littlefinger
They can see he's a snake. But as a GOT fan he's a great character to watch. He steals almost every scene he's in. I loved the way you could see the schemes percolating through Little Fingers brain as he stood there leaning against the wall while Jon declared that Sansa was in control of the North while he was away. Without a word of dialogue and using great expressive acting we could all tell that Little finger is going to be a BIG problem for Jon and a corrupter of Sansa.
Old 07-24-17, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I think Varys was truthful when he said he's working for the people. We still don't know LittleFinger's true motivations (not buying that he's looking to be king w/Sansa as Queen).

And by episode end, Ellaria and one sand snake are left and Yara is still alive. Neither Ellaria or the remaining Sand Snake will be making it past the next episode.
Old 07-24-17, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
For what? Betraying his father or saving the North so he could make a run at Sansa?

The guy is a piece of $hit. Been waiting a long time to see someone choke his arse and threaten death.
Jon Snow doesn't know for certain he betrayed Ned. Like everyone else, he knows he's a scheming rat, doesn't change the fact his army saved his azz.
Old 07-24-17, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think Varys was truthful when he said he's working for the people. We still don't know LittleFinger's true motivations (not buying that he's looking to be king w/Sansa as Queen).
My assumption has always been that Little Finger is looking to sit on the throne of swords and to rule Westros. He's angling to be the last man or woman standing. But then again my assumptions on GOT character motivation and series direction are usually wrong!
Old 07-24-17, 05:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Jon Snow doesn't know for certain he betrayed Ned. Like everyone else, he knows he's a scheming rat, doesn't change the fact his army saved his azz.
Technically not his army. Sansa give that little twerp one peek under her skirt and she'd control the whole Vale and the North. We haven't seen the little mongrel yet. Who else has been neglected, that might actually be important? Bron?
Old 07-24-17, 05:39 PM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is every bit as good as everyone is saying and it's definitely worth watching.
Technically that is correct, but only because there are plenty of people who say it is not very good. I only watch if I'm bored and nothing else is on.

Quote:
IMO when all is said & done it will be one of the five best TV shows EVER.
IMO, not even in the top 200 of the best TV shows ever.

But everyone has different tastes. Decades ago I read 2 1/2 of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and stopped. I had had enough, and I've never seen any of the movies. But a real good friend of mine has read the books dozens of times. So to each his own.
Old 07-24-17, 06:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Technically that is correct, but only because there are plenty of people who say it is not very good. I only watch if I'm bored and nothing else is on.

IMO, not even in the top 200 of the best TV shows ever.

But everyone has different tastes. Decades ago I read 2 1/2 of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and stopped. I had had enough, and I've never seen any of the movies. But a real good friend of mine has read the books dozens of times. So to each his own.
You're so full of sh1t. I could give you leniency on maybe not cracking the Top 20, maybe. But 200? You're wrong.
Old 07-24-17, 06:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Technically not his army. Sansa give that little twerp one peek under her skirt and she'd control the whole Vale and the North. We haven't seen the little mongrel yet. Who else has been neglected, that might actually be important? Bron?
You're right, it's "technically" Robyn Arayn's, but he's useless.
Old 07-24-17, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mama and the youngest who were about to get bent over, are the prizes promised to Cersei. They're alive.

These writers are pizzing off the LGBxyz crowd more than supporting. They killed one and are raping and pillaging the other lesbian/tri-sexuals. And you'll note, your "game players" are all men. Ollenna being maybe the only exception.
Was it the pirate queen who was hung from the yardham?
Old 07-24-17, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Was it the pirate queen who was hung from the yardham?
No, it was one of sand snakes
Old 07-24-17, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think one incestuous relationship is enough for the show. No need for cousin love or Jon + Dany.
Old 07-24-17, 10:48 PM
All Ohio

bob22 is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing Bronn will be rescuing the sand snake. Or at least trying to. He doesn't have much to do these days.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-17, 07:29 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
I have not seen a single episode of this show. Is it as good as everyone says it is and worth watching? With 3 children, I'm not sure when I'll find time given the violence and nudity I've heard about.
Don't go into it expecting the Sopranos or Breaking Bad. It's good and entertaining, but it isn't an all-time great level of show. Also, you can't watch it with the kids.
Old 07-25-17, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Don't go into it expecting the Sopranos or Breaking Bad. It's good and entertaining, but it isn't an all-time great level of show. Also, you can't watch it with the kids.
That's why it's rated as a 9.5 on IMDB?
Old 07-25-17, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That's why it's rated as a 9.5 on IMDB?
Umm, it's a personal opinion, not one based upon some website. I think it is very watchable, I just don't enjoy it like the other shows I mentioned. I'm sure part of my problem with it is the "fantasy" part of it all (dragons, zombies, talking trees, etc.), something I've never much enjoyed in books, movies or shows.
Old 07-25-17, 08:55 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Umm, it's a personal opinion, not one based upon some website. I think it is very watchable, I just don't enjoy it like the other shows I mentioned. I'm sure part of my problem with it is the "fantasy" part of it all (dragons, zombies, talking trees, etc.), something I've never much enjoyed in books, movies or shows.
I could not agree more. I really like the show but they add way too much for fantasy's sake. Way too many subplots that are un-needed. But I do certainly "get" why people love it.

I'd take Breaking Bad any day over GOT but then again they are two completely different genres/shows.
Old 07-25-17, 10:12 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You're so full of sh1t.
1. It's just a TV show, act with some civility.

2. I did say it was my opinion, and to each his own.

3. I know that over 20 million people watch the show every week, but 65 million voted for Hillary.

4. I think it is repetitious and boring.
Old 07-25-17, 10:54 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You have been waiting needlessly, as people are constantly grabbing him and threatening death...yet he is alive and well while most of them are dead
Old 07-25-17, 11:25 AM
All World

^Ugh...grabbing him? Lol. Name the last time someone choked him against the wall and threatened death. It was great because he is so used to using his slick tongue and getting away with it and Jon stopped him in his tracks. He may win this fantasy land? I do not care. I enjoyed very much how Jon treated him this week.
Old 07-25-17, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
More excitement the first two episodes than the first 10 in last season.
Old 07-25-17, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
More excitement the first two episodes than the first 10 in last season.
It's going to be that way from here on out.
Old 07-25-17, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
^Ugh...grabbing him? Lol. Name the last time someone choked him against the wall and threatened death. It was great because he is so used to using his slick tongue and getting away with it and Jon stopped him in his tracks. He may win this fantasy land? I do not care. I enjoyed very much how Jon treated him this week.
There's a couple schticks the writers have fallen to and this is one of them, making their own memes. Arya's last comment to the wolf was mimicing something she had said about herself in Season 1 and also in Season 1, Littlefinger was choked by Snow's "daddy," Ned Stark. The latter I recalled on my own and checked. The former I came across in an on-line episode review.

Impossible to over look the popularity of the show but I've not been impressed by the plotting, dialogue or character development since they left the books. It's clear, the show developors are simply not in the same class as the original writer, who they could use as a crutch for the first few seasons.

My biggest complaint now is the writers; attempt to interject THEIR humor into the show as opposed to that of the characters (Bronn-Jamie for example). They've also hit that part many shows hit where they are desperately trying to trump themselves; grosser, edgier and attempts for more forced social controversy, which was played big in this recent episode. These guys are just hanging on to the paycheck at this point. They don't have near even the reduced seven shows worth of material for this season, so we're seeing a lot of filler like last season.
Old 07-25-17, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's going to be that way from here on out.
Good
Old 07-25-17, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
1. It's just a TV show, act with some civility.

2. I did say it was my opinion, and to each his own.

3. I know that over 20 million people watch the show every week, but 65 million voted for Hillary.

4. I think it is repetitious and boring.
Agree as there's no point in arguing about what ultimately comes down to matters of taste & preference in entertainment. And while I loved both Breaking Bad and the Sopranos and consider both to be in the top 20 shows of all time neither IMO can touch GOT for it's epic sweep, spectacular settings and stunning visual effects.

If we were judging GOT only on it's acting & story line then I agree that it would not rate as highly as a number of other shows. But this is a fantasy series and in that vein there has never been a better one on TV. With big budget movie quality special effects and set designs I can't think of another series that can match GOT for scope and grandeur. Sure the series "Rome" played out on a huge stage but the show only ran for two seasons. Band of Brothers matched the scale of GOT but it went for only a year. GOT is now in it's 7th season and the series has gotten bigger every year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: