Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-14-17, 02:52 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,834
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
The obvious one is the Rhaegar Targaryan stuff. After that, I'm not really sure.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-16-17, 03:17 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Clegane Bowl needs to happen and it has to be the most bloody, gory battle in tv history. It should push the limits of good taste.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-16-17, 07:56 PM
bob22 bob22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-18-05
Posts: 997
bob22 is on a distinguished road
And the 13 month wait is over!

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-16-17, 08:36 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 4,418
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
What a badass opening scene
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-16-17, 09:07 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Sansa is a mouthy b1tch.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-16-17, 09:20 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 4,418
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Sansa is a mouthy b1tch.
She's the only reason Jon is alive so she's allowed to be
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-16-17, 09:23 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
She's the only reason Jon is alive so she's allowed to be
You don't question a leader in front of his men. Again, mouthy b1tch.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-16-17, 09:30 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 3,286
irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
What a badass opening scene
Really liked that cold open.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-16-17, 09:54 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,834
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Mostly set up as expected.

- Solid opening scene; decent twist.
- Didn't care for the Cersei scenes. The dialogue felt off and Euron is annoying AF.
- Sansa is clearly still learning how to be a leader. She has to be more wise about when to speak up and question Jon's decisions.
- Samwell's bit was probably the best part of the episode. I hope Jim Broadbent becomes a bit of a regular.
- The Hound's bit was also very good. Only thing holding it back was some of the forced banter dialogue. The writers just aren't as good at it as Martin and they really shouldn't try.
- Ho-hum ending. Best part was the music.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-16-17, 10:33 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
I really want to punch this guy, super hard, right in the face. What a huge vag.

https://twitter.com/KyleKriegerHair/...60103944343552
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-16-17, 10:59 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,228
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Do you follow him?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-16-17, 11:03 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Do you follow him?
No, just saw it come up on my timeline... the show's account favorited the tweet. SHAME!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-16-17, 11:35 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 4,418
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Sam's bits are so damn boring and made what could have been a good episode, a meh one.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-17-17, 12:39 AM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 6,684
arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
All I know is that if I have to go to war and I get first pick on who will be in my army, I would take that 10 year-old (I'm guessing her age) girl who puts every other guy in the room to shame when it comes to b*lls.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-17-17, 01:18 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,834
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Sam's bits are so damn boring and made what could have been a good episode, a meh one.
It's OK to be wrong
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-17-17, 01:46 AM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 4,418
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
It's OK to be wrong
You're the only one I know that enjoys his storylines. He's just not a good or interesting characters
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-17-17, 02:12 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,834
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
He's going to reveal a lot information about white walkers and the long night. He's going to give us incite into the maesters. He's eventually going to have to clash with his father. He's undergoing a pretty solid character evolution. He's anything but a bad or uninteresting character.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-17-17, 07:29 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,790
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Great opening episode that was tightly paced and managed to place all the pieces on the board in preparation for the likely blood letting to come. It seemed like this one episode accomplished what it usually took three episodes to achieve in the longer ten episode seasons.

Some highlights for me:

* The opening bit of revenge porn

* The interplay between Jon & Sansa and Jon's rallying of the North. I don't know why everyone's mad at Sansa her reaction seemed reasonable - she is inexperienced at this and has reason to be vengeful to those who supported Ramsey. My disgust was with Little Finger, he's a great character but watching him smirk as Jon actually laid out a decent & moral reason to NOT replace the two houses that betrayed them reminded us that there is very little "good" in this world.

* I liked the audience between the leader of the Iron Islands and Cersei.

* Ditto the scenes with the Hound in them. Also alerting us to a major battle at the castle where the Wall hits the sea.

* I thought the Sam scenes were used to set up some future revelations, like the discovery that where the Dragon Queen came ashore on Westros there was a lot of that special dragon stone.

* IMO the best scene was the one where Aria stopped by the camp of soldiers and shared a meal. Being GOT I expected the soldiers would try to rape her resulting in their deaths at the hands of Aria. Instead the soldiers were decent men longing to be home with their families and the scene reminded us of how many "little" folk were being consumed in these wars for power.

* One last note is that the effects were very good. Though mostly of exotic scenery these locals were created with excellent detail and some nice touches. The opening of the walls gate, the arrival of the Iron Islands fleet at Kings Landing and the Army of the Dead's march across the barren snowcape suggests to me they raised the effects budget a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-17-17, 07:50 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Great opening episode that was tightly paced and managed to place all the pieces on the board in preparation for the likely blood letting to come. It seemed like this one episode accomplished what it usually took three episodes to achieve in the longer ten episode seasons.

Some highlights for me:

* The opening bit of revenge porn

* The interplay between Jon & Sansa and Jon's rallying of the North. I don't know why everyone's mad at Sansa her reaction seemed reasonable - she is inexperienced at this and has reason to be vengeful to those who supported Ramsey. My disgust was with Little Finger, he's a great character but watching him smirk as Jon actually laid out a decent & moral reason to NOT replace the two houses that betrayed them reminded us that there is very little "good" in this world.

* I liked the audience between the leader of the Iron Islands and Cersei.

* Ditto the scenes with the Hound in them. Also alerting us to a major battle at the castle where the Wall hits the sea.

* I thought the Sam scenes were used to set up some future revelations, like the discovery that where the Dragon Queen came ashore on Westros there was a lot of that special dragon stone.

* IMO the best scene was the one where Aria stopped by the camp of soldiers and shared a meal. Being GOT I expected the soldiers would try to rape her resulting in their deaths at the hands of Aria. Instead the soldiers were decent men longing to be home with their families and the scene reminded us of how many "little" folk were being consumed in these wars for power.

* One last note is that the effects were very good. Though mostly of exotic scenery these locals were created with excellent detail and some nice touches. The opening of the walls gate, the arrival of the Iron Islands fleet at Kings Landing and the Army of the Dead's march across the barren snowcape suggests to me they raised the effects budget a bit.
The issue with Sansa was her publicly questioning Jon in front of his men. You would never call out your boss in front of clients.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-17-17, 08:15 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
All I know is that if I have to go to war and I get first pick on who will be in my army, I would take that 10 year-old (I'm guessing her age) girl who puts every other guy in the room to shame when it comes to b*lls.
Yeah, she did so much at the Battle of the Bastards. Cut the hyperbole. Brienne is a legit female warrior, but that's it. Tormund's obsession with her is a nice comedic break.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-17-17, 08:27 AM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 3,286
irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Tormund is hilarious. Also odd seeing the Hound with a heart.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-17-17, 09:46 AM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 15,797
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
The issue with Sansa was her publicly questioning Jon in front of his men. You would never call out your boss in front of clients.
I'm also of the opinion that Jon was correct in his assessment to restore the Karstarks and Umbers and bring them into his camp. He realizes this is a "living vs. dead" war, not the petty wars of Southern politics that Sansa has grown accustomed to
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-17-17, 09:56 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I'm also of the opinion that Jon was correct in his assessment to restore the Karstarks and Umbers and bring them into his camp. He realizes this is a "living vs. dead" war, not the petty wars of Southern politics that Sansa has grown accustomed to
They were too heavy handed in pushing this idiotic feminist agenda.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-17-17, 10:40 AM
Summa Summa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-30-08
Posts: 1,791
Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I really want to punch this guy, super hard, right in the face. What a huge vag.

https://twitter.com/KyleKriegerHair/...60103944343552
Funny. People have to bring silly politics into everything. This is a T.V. show based upon fantasy medieval novels.

There are women characters that are main players in the novels but I would find it interesting to hear this guys response to the fact that the highly intelligent/genius characters are almost all men in the books/show:

Tywin Lanister: One of my favorite characters on the show, clearly was a brilliant mind love him or hate him. He was one of the best if not the best actor on the show and I loved any scene with him in it.

Tyrion Lanister: Likely the most intelligent character left since Tywin's death.

Baelish: Only out for himself other than his obsession with the Stark women, a very sharp but conniving mind.

Varys: Unquestionably brilliant, early on he appeared very similar to Littlefingure but now appears to have the benevolent goal of what is best for the people of Westoros.

IMO Melisandre and Olenna Tyrell are the most intelligent women in the series though they have made some critical errors in judgment.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-17-17, 10:56 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,834
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Odd to hang your hat on these characters from a girl power perspective. Cersei is insane, Dany is half insane and will likely lose her mind like her father, Arya is pretty much a psychopath, and Sansa is still kind of naive and dumb. Brienne is very masculine.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-17-17, 10:56 AM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 3,286
irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Great opening episode that was tightly paced and managed to place all the pieces on the board in preparation for the likely blood letting to come. It seemed like this one episode accomplished what it usually took three episodes to achieve in the longer ten episode seasons.

Some highlights for me:

* The opening bit of revenge porn

* The interplay between Jon & Sansa and Jon's rallying of the North. I don't know why everyone's mad at Sansa her reaction seemed reasonable - she is inexperienced at this and has reason to be vengeful to those who supported Ramsey. My disgust was with Little Finger, he's a great character but watching him smirk as Jon actually laid out a decent & moral reason to NOT replace the two houses that betrayed them reminded us that there is very little "good" in this world.

* I liked the audience between the leader of the Iron Islands and Cersei.

* Ditto the scenes with the Hound in them. Also alerting us to a major battle at the castle where the Wall hits the sea.

* I thought the Sam scenes were used to set up some future revelations, like the discovery that where the Dragon Queen came ashore on Westros there was a lot of that special dragon stone.

* IMO the best scene was the one where Aria stopped by the camp of soldiers and shared a meal. Being GOT I expected the soldiers would try to rape her resulting in their deaths at the hands of Aria. Instead the soldiers were decent men longing to be home with their families and the scene reminded us of how many "little" folk were being consumed in these wars for power.

* One last note is that the effects were very good. Though mostly of exotic scenery these locals were created with excellent detail and some nice touches. The opening of the walls gate, the arrival of the Iron Islands fleet at Kings Landing and the Army of the Dead's march across the barren snowcape suggests to me they raised the effects budget a bit.
I always appreciate a good lotr10 breakdown.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-17-17, 11:06 AM
Summa Summa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-30-08
Posts: 1,791
Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Odd to hang your hat on these characters from a girl power perspective. Cersei is insane, Dany is half insane and will likely lose her mind like her father, Arya is pretty much a psychopath, and Sansa is still kind of naive and dumb. Brienne is very masculine.
I agree with you. You forgot about the Wonder Women warriors of Dorne. One of the most awful show story lines.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-17-17, 11:07 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 5,113
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
Funny. People have to bring silly politics into everything. This is a T.V. show based upon fantasy medieval novels.

There are women characters that are main players in the novels but I would find it interesting to hear this guys response to the fact that the highly intelligent/genius characters are almost all men in the books/show:

Tywin Lanister: One of my favorite characters on the show, clearly was a brilliant mind love him or hate him. He was one of the best if not the best actor on the show and I loved any scene with him in it.

Tyrion Lanister: Likely the most intelligent character left since Tywin's death.

Baelish: Only out for himself other than his obsession with the Stark women, a very sharp but conniving mind.

Varys: Unquestionably brilliant, early on he appeared very similar to Littlefingure but now appears to have the benevolent goal of what is best for the people of Westoros.

IMO Melisandre and Olenna Tyrell are the most intelligent women in the series though they have made some critical errors in judgment.
Check out his bio, what a waste of life. If that were my son, I'd kill myself for being such a failure as a parent.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-17-17, 11:10 AM
Summa Summa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-30-08
Posts: 1,791
Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Check out his bio, what a waste of life. If that were my son, I'd kill myself for being such a failure as a parent.
Which one's bio?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-17-17, 01:13 PM
BobcatBomber BobcatBomber is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Dedicated to GB Reform
Posts: 14,671
BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Did GoT just jump the shark with Ed Sheeran last night?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sneaky good wrestlers in 2015-2016 McClearn7 Wrestling 32 03-12-16 11:17 AM
For anyone who missed Monday's meeting BlueDevil1980 Tallmadge Blue Devils 64 11-11-15 04:11 PM
My 2014 high school football season LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 1 11-01-15 07:34 AM
Darby D-1 District Preview 2014-2015 McClearn7 Wrestling 39 12-13-14 07:25 PM
Wilmington D-2 District Preview 2014-2015 McClearn7 Wrestling 11 11-05-14 08:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz