Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-27-16, 07:55 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
I was hoping all you a holes were on the first flight out
How rude!
Old 11-27-16, 09:24 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
I was hoping all you a holes were on the first flight out
Now, there's no need for that! That kind of ugliness will ensure you a seat on my bus! (You're going anyway I guess, so you may as well let it all hang out!)
Old 11-28-16, 12:00 PM
All Ohio

JoshuaRanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
It's all good. Ranch hand says we'll be able to get to Mars in seconds with the new tubes being built in 100 yrs.
Instead of being dumb and ignorant, you and Crusaders need to become educated, and escape out of the little safe boxes of limited range of intelligence that both of you possess. And once again, your problem, as with Crusaders, and several others on this forum, is you are too dumb and ignorant to realize you are dumb and ignorant. Every time you step out of your safe zone and try to act smart, you get caught. Stay in your safe zone of flinging jock straps back and forth with Ronnie and Company. That's your niche, go with it. Stay out of the big boy conversations.

I've written about electromagnetic transportation now 3 times. Let me explain it simply to you and any other dummie who is having trouble understanding how it works. You capture light, you then attach a transportation mechanism to the captured light, you move the light and transport. They've figured out how to capture the light, they are trying to figure out how to safely move it. See String theory, see Einstein, see Mico Kaku and Associates. Read something other than the comic section of the newspaper.
Old 11-28-16, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Irony
Old 11-28-16, 01:11 PM
All Ohio

JoshuaRanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Irony
As I have indicated to you, don't jump into a topic you know little about, last time I believe it was SW demographics. And don't make dumb statements like "irony" or "you don't know what you're talking about". Posters make those kind of statements when they have no comeback. That's the old "I'd tell you but I'm not going to waste my time on you" - translation is I have no comeback and I'm foolishly going to attempt to reverse my simpleton response by "phrase" deflection. That just makes me believe you're dumb.
Old 11-28-16, 01:32 PM
All Yappi

It's pretty interesting that you'll complain about wasting energy going to Mars today while proposing that it would be better to wait until we construct vacuum tubes in outer space.
Old 11-28-16, 01:42 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So you really believe in less than 100 years humanity will be transporting themselves to Mars at near the speed of light through vacuum tubes?
I've heard it proposed as a space-station "slingshot", where self-contained propulsion is only needed for steering, positioning, and landing. Space IS the vacuum. The vacuum tubes are earthbound testing.

He obviously doesn't think a Habitrail tube to Mars is going to be built, you dolt.

I've never seen so much condescending crap without cause for superiority as emanates from under your username.

Sorry- forgot your troll-pal

Quote:
It's all good. Ranch hand says we'll be able to get to Mars in seconds with the new tubes being built in 100 yrs.
tie
Old 11-28-16, 01:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I've heard it proposed as a space-station "slingshot", where self-contained propulsion is only needed for steering, positioning, and landing. Space IS the vacuum. The vacuum tubes are earthbound testing.

He obviously doesn't think a Habitrail tube to Mars is going to be built, you dolt.

I've never seen so much condescending crap without cause for superiority as emanates from under your username.

Sorry- forgot your troll-pal

tie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaRanch View Post
In less than 100 years, we will have electromagnetic wave transportation (see Michio Kaku, Micheal Bluth and Einstein). Just need to make a transport mechanism, large vacuum tube. You'll be able to move from one point to another at almost the speed of light.
Seems pretty clear to me he expects us to construct these tubes in space. "Just need to make a transport mechanism, large vacuum tube."

The depth of your inferiority complex is quite astonishing. You need a shrink.
Old 11-28-16, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The depth of your inferiority complex is quite astonishing. You need a shrink.
I'll write the checks for your first 10 sessions any time. As a public service. Photo and PM me the invoices two at a time with the Dr's address and signature visible.

It's better than adopting you to get you covered........ you are an active student less than 26yoa, right ? That's the only valid excuse for your conduct...
Old 11-28-16, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

I'm sorry that you feel so small when I post, cabe. It's OK. It's not your fault
Old 11-28-16, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Seems pretty clear to me he expects us to construct these tubes in space. "Just need to make a transport mechanism, large vacuum tube."
As you seem to be yappi's resident Mars aficionado, he no doubt made the mistaken assumption that you've made a reasonable effort to inform yourself of what's "bouncing around" in theory.

He's a newer poster. He doesn't know you like we do.
Old 11-28-16, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm sorry that you feel so small when I post, cabe. It's OK. It's not your fault
you misunderstand - as usual

You are little more than a mosquito on the wrong side of a tent flap, but tell yourself whatever you need to. You and _poser make a great team
Old 11-28-16, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

Old 11-28-16, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

Have an apple. You need something.
Old 11-28-16, 02:24 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
at weirdo and ranch hand.
Old 11-28-16, 02:32 PM
All Yappi

Unlike you and your Boy Blunder Alliance with 'saders, I am operating independently itt, _poser.
Old 11-28-16, 02:35 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Unlike you and your Boy Blunder Alliance with 'saders, I am operating independently itt, _poser.
Not sure what you're blathering about or why it would preclude me from laughing at both of you. Why don't you post about it some more?
Old 11-28-16, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Before people mock J-Ranches unconventional ideas on "electromagnetic transportation" they should consider that NOTHING in physics may be set in stone:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a7443136.html

The key quote:

Lead scientist Professor Joao Magueijo, from Imperial College London, said: "The theory, which we first proposed in the late 1990s, has now reached a maturity point – it has produced a testable prediction. If observations in the near future do find this number to be accurate, it could lead to a modification of Einstein's theory of gravity.

“The idea that the speed of light could be variable was radical when first proposed, but with a numerical prediction, it becomes something physicists can actually test. If true, it would mean that the laws of nature were not always the same as they are today.”

And for the record, the electromagnetic transportation system Ranch describes is far less controversial than what the scientists at Imperial College in London are proposing about Einsteins theory of gravity.
Old 11-28-16, 02:37 PM
Fake coolin' off

Well, in 100 years we'll all know he is wrong.
Old 11-28-16, 02:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well, in 100 years we'll all know he is wrong.
Don't assume you won't be here to see it. Recent advances in cellular energetics suggest we may be on the cusp of significantly increasing human lifespans.

BTW, such an increase also impacts space travel since if you can live to 200 a multi-year trip isn't such a big deal.
Old 11-28-16, 02:50 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Don't assume you won't be here to see it. Recent advances in cellular energetics suggest we may be on the cusp of significantly increasing human lifespans.

BTW, such an increase also impacts space travel since if you can live to 200 a multi-year trip isn't such a big deal.
I didn't assume that.
Old 11-28-16, 03:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I didn't assume that.
Cool, so you've already accepted that you'll have a 200 year lifespan. My bad.
Old 11-28-16, 03:02 PM
Cooling Off

Cause, you know, I'm sure a 150 year old chick would be a bad arse astronaut.

Relax, boys. The Second Coming happens long before you're able to spread your infectious nonsense any further than Eden.
Old 11-28-16, 03:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Cause, you know, I'm sure a 150 year old chick would be a bad arse astronaut.

Relax, boys. The Second Coming happens long before you're able to spread your infectious nonsense any further than Eden.
The neat thing about this cellular energetics stuff is that a 150 year old women won't be a shriveled old prune, pooping in their depends and needing the drool wiped off their mouth every few minutes. If you combine genetic manipulation with extended lifespans you'll probably see some very HOT 150 year old women.
Old 11-28-16, 03:07 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Cool, so you've already accepted that you'll have a 200 year lifespan. My bad.
I haven't ruled it out. No worries.
Old 11-28-16, 06:27 PM
Cooling Off

"I know nobody lives forever, Lucious. But with advances in modern science, there's no reason I can't live to be 2 or 300 years old..." -

Ricky Bobby

Seriously. Step away from the comic books man lol.
Old 11-28-16, 08:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
"I know nobody lives forever, Lucious. But with advances in modern science, there's no reason I can't live to be 2 or 300 years old..." -

Ricky Bobby

Seriously. Step away from the comic books man lol.
I read only "high end" comic books like Popular mechanics man!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...e-humans-next/

Science Direct is another entertaining comic book:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...91584911003121
Old 11-28-16, 11:30 PM
Cooling Off

Lots of problems there. "Slows down healing". Colon and other organs can resist the meds. Just not going to be feasible buddy. They say themselves it may make you healthier. However... if something does go wrong it's going to WAY wrong. And it doesn't say anu thing about age...only stopping diseases and those cells that happen commonly with age. Good luck with all that lol. Man has been trying to live forever for...well, forever.
Old 11-28-16, 11:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lots of problems there. "Slows down healing". Colon and other organs can resist the meds. Just not going to be feasible buddy. They say themselves it may make you healthier. However... if something does go wrong it's going to WAY wrong. And it doesn't say anu thing about age...only stopping diseases and those cells that happen commonly with age. Good luck with all that lol. Man has been trying to live forever for...well, forever.
Never say never. There is much we take for granted today that a smart person from 100 years ago would be astonished by and never would have thought possible.

Yes we have been trying to "live forever" and in fact we have extended our lifespans quite impressively in just the last couple of centuries. I don't think the real issue is going to be "technical" in boosting human longevity to two or even three centuries. We are well on our way with the science. The REAL issues will be societal and emotional. As just a start, we'll have to totally rework Social Security!
Old 11-29-16, 09:00 AM
Cooling Off

Hey, don't get mad when I say "I told you so" when these experiments produce all kinds of wierd X-Men.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: