Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-09-17, 09:28 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I heard CJ is closing Its doors after Marion spanks them again...
CJ is a very solid team....and is a very Solid school....
Old 08-10-17, 12:24 AM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_td View Post
Why do people take the bait from that clown every time. Just ignore his posts and maybe he'll go away. I come on here to read about MAC football teams not all the "Hoser" banter. Waste of time that makes me seriously consider staying off the thread.
Agreed. Also, jabs at him and namecalling only gives him more reason to be here.

The formula is simple.

Hoser: "MACTOSIS. MAC is good for small school but couldn't beat big schools"
Everyone: "Where did we say that?!?"
Get's off topic with arguing back and forth. Hoser wins.
Old 08-10-17, 07:01 AM
Junior Varsity

AR89 is on a distinguished road
I was at the scrimmage between CJ/Greenville/Celina/Anna and was impressed with the overall team speed of CJ. Will probably be the ovrall fastest team we see all year. Facilities were amazing, not just one turf field but two.
Old 08-10-17, 03:27 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Uh,CJ is lookin at 4-6, maybe 5-5 at best.CJ will get rolled by Alter and MCnick. Definite Also-ran in the small school division of the GCL.
Old 08-10-17, 07:22 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Agreed. CJ's QB will be one of the best ML will face all season.
Old 08-10-17, 07:50 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
OK. You can say that and we won't argue with that. But I'm guessing that you are referring to some of those state games in the mid-2000's. Back when that happened, '07 maybe, that "some catholic school that could barely stay open" happened to be nationally ranked (#8, I believe) in the country. Was it a fluke, who knows? But there have been other instances as well.

Are we taking anything away from the points you and hoser are trying to make? Absolutely not. Do we troll those threads constantly as hoser does? Again, no. We're not taking away anything from those catholic powerhouses, no one said we were.

I don't even know what school hoser represents (I'm sure they're real proud), but we don't go to that thread and hound other posters who are trying to hold a somewhat civilized discussion about their schools' football teams.

In case you guys were unaware, this is a MAC thread, friend.

Hoser, go away.
I believe Hoser is a Trenton Edgewood fan.... but I could be wrong as my memory becomes cloudy after reading his posts....

cannot wait to get this season started and wish all the MAC schools the best.....
Old 08-11-17, 11:19 AM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Thoughts on the Greenville Scrimmage:

I thought we played pretty well. We scored 6 times and they scored none. Defensively we looked fairly good but had a few miscommunications so still needing some work. Sophomore safety Ross Weigel came up and hit pretty well. Broering threw pretty decently but when rushed out of the pocket he had a tendency to kind of float passes (against Marion would be surely intercepted) Lines look pretty good.

Punting looked good. Jacob Wenning was the punter. Cavman I know you were wondering about the kicker. #66 (Last year's roster says Blake Dippold - Current Sophomore) was the kicker today and he had a decent leg but wasn't that accurate. He seem to kick the majority wide left.

JV wise I thought Shane Homan looked quick and Jake Hemmelgarn had a decent arm.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 08-11-17 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-11-17, 04:17 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I believe Hoser is a Trenton Edgewood fan.... but I could be wrong as my memory becomes cloudy after reading his posts....

cannot wait to get this season started and wish all the MAC schools the best.....
Uh, Vampy, don't blame me for your onset of "oldtimers" disease.
Old 08-11-17, 08:04 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaBanana View Post
Agreed. Also, jabs at him and namecalling only gives him more reason to be here.

The formula is simple.

Hoser: "MACTOSIS. MAC is good for small school but couldn't beat big schools"
Everyone: "Where did we say that?!?"
Get's off topic with arguing back and forth. Hoser wins.
Uh, dude, "Hoser wins"? Best post I have ever seen. Uh you guys have finally seen the light.
Old 08-11-17, 08:24 PM
All Ohio

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, dude, "Hoser wins"? Best post I have ever seen. Uh you guys have finally seen the light.
Yes we have all seen the light, you're the best ...

Just like the little ankle biting, leg humping dog you have to kick back to his yard so he can play with the other little dogs.

Now shoo!
Old 08-11-17, 09:12 PM
All District

Quote:
Old 08-11-17, 09:13 PM
All District

But anyway.. How'd everyones scrimmages go? I know FR hosted Indian Lake tonight.
Old 08-11-17, 11:01 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaBanana View Post
But anyway.. How'd everyones scrimmages go? I know FR hosted Indian Lake tonight.
I saw Indian Lake last week against the other FORT, Loramie beat them up pretty good...
Old 08-12-17, 09:45 AM
All Region

Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Thoughts on the Greenville Scrimmage:

I thought we played pretty well. We scored 6 times and they scored none. Defensively we looked fairly good but had a few miscommunications so still needing some work. Sophomore safety Ross Weigel came up and hit pretty well. Broering threw pretty decently but when rushed out of the pocket he had a tendency to kind of float passes (against Marion would be surely intercepted) Lines look pretty good.

Punting looked good. Jacob Wenning was the punter. Cavman I know you were wondering about the kicker. #66 (Last year's roster says Blake Dippold - Current Sophomore) was the kicker today and he had a decent leg but wasn't that accurate. He seem to kick the majority wide left.

JV wise I thought Shane Homan looked quick and Jake Hemmelgarn had a decent arm.
Thanks Champ. We have to get the kicking game straightened around.
Wouldn't want to play against Marion without it.

What position does Shane Homan play?

Also, who's the freshman that everyone is talking about? I don't know if it is a quarterback, I doubt it. But somebody who could possibly see quite a bit of playing time at the varsity level from what I'm hearing. That's why I say I doubt its the quarterback, because we have 2 pretty decent ones that would be ahead of him. I mean, Ross and Brody didn't even do that. A lot of buzz going around town before the scrimmages and during the picnic.

This is good, football is almost back. Whoop! Whoop!
Old 08-12-17, 10:13 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post

Trenton Edgewood, really hoser?

A big city D2 school that actually made the playoffs last season for the second time in eight years? Well, that's good for them.

So, why are you trolling a little MAC thread?

I'm trying to call Coach Otten as I type this to see if we can get Edgewood as a scrimmage yet to start the season. Surely, a big city D2 powerhouse will whip our little farm kids into shape before week one.

...I'm still trying to call Coach Otten now...darn...trying again...darn...one more time...darn...the line is busy.
Old 08-12-17, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Thanks Champ. We have to get the kicking game straightened around.
Wouldn't want to play against Marion without it.

What position does Shane Homan play?

Also, who's the freshman that everyone is talking about? I don't know if it is a quarterback, I doubt it. But somebody who could possibly see quite a bit of playing time at the varsity level from what I'm hearing. That's why I say I doubt its the quarterback, because we have 2 pretty decent ones that would be ahead of him. I mean, Ross and Brody didn't even do that. A lot of buzz going around town before the scrimmages and during the picnic.

This is good, football is almost back. Whoop! Whoop!
Absolutely. Shane Homan played running back #9. He's a sophomore. As far as freshman is concerned idk who that would be. The freshman Qb Myles Blasingame though I do hear has some talent. Didn't see him throw though, I left before the freshmen played. I doubt that's who people were talking about. I wish Cavfootball.com had the 2017 roster on it.
Old 08-12-17, 12:29 PM
All Region

Quote:
Absolutely. Shane Homan played running back #9. He's a sophomore. As far as freshman is concerned idk who that would be. The freshman Qb Myles Blasingame though I do hear has some talent. Didn't see him throw though, I left before the freshmen played. I doubt that's who people were talking about. I wish Cavfootball.com had the 2017 roster on it.
Freshman paly on Mondays, right? Normally, anyway? How about Junior High, when would they play?
Old 08-12-17, 02:50 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

A big city D2 school that actually made the playoffs last season for the second time in eight years? Well, that's good for them.

I'm trying to call Coach Otten as I type this to see if we can get Edgewood as a scrimmage yet to start the season. Surely, a big city D2 powerhouse will whip our little farm kids into shape before week one.

...I'm still trying to call Coach Otten now...darn...trying again...darn...one more time...darn...the line is busy.
Uh, crank that phone harder there Jethro. Uh try a smoke signal or send junior over on his mule. Get that new buggy and your team of horses and shoot over there. Yee Hah.
Old 08-12-17, 05:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Freshman paly on Mondays, right? Normally, anyway? How about Junior High, when would they play?
Freshman play on mondays and junior high play on thursdays. Usually.
Old 08-12-17, 05:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Contact Goodwin. Were always looking for week 2 games!
Old 08-12-17, 11:31 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I believe that is the person, the qb, that the people were talking about. I started to hear it last year. 8th grade was the only level that I did not watch last yr so I cannot chime in but people need to be cautious putting that much expectations on any said young player

As far as the current qb floating passes...that was a common theme last year at jv. Let's hope all the extra reps remedy the situation.

This offense has been Qb centric for quite a long time. How that position rolls, the offense follows suit.
Old 08-13-17, 01:24 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I believe that is the person, the qb, that the people were talking about. I started to hear it last year. 8th grade was the only level that I did not watch last yr so I cannot chime in but people need to be cautious putting that much expectations on any said young player

As far as the current qb floating passes...that was a common theme last year at jv. Let's hope all the extra reps remedy the situation.

This offense has been Qb centric for quite a long time. How that position rolls, the offense follows suit.
Agreed
Old 08-13-17, 06:49 AM
All American

FWIW saw most of ML's scrimmage against Bluffton and Arlington. I thought ML's receiver's for the most part looked good. Arlington hurt ML with a couple of big plays offensively, the Red Devil's QB was not bad. Will be interesting to see if Dirksen plays D-line, my guess is he will probably rotate in and out on defense.
Old 08-13-17, 09:25 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post

Good point.
Old 08-13-17, 09:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
FWIW saw most of ML's scrimmage against Bluffton and Arlington. I thought ML's receiver's for the most part looked good. Arlington hurt ML with a couple of big plays offensively, the Red Devil's QB was not bad. Will be interesting to see if Dirksen plays D-line, my guess is he will probably rotate in and out on defense.
Offensively, is he guard or tackle? I just remember last year before he got hurt, Marion Local just dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. He's a beast. I still think that if he didn't get hurt last year, that game might have turned into another 2013 score.

I actually had the chance to chat with the young man at a couple of Coldwater playoff games last year. Great kid. Nice and humble. You guys got a good kid there, and he will do well onward. Best of luck to him at Notre Dame.
Old 08-13-17, 09:43 AM
All Region

Quote:
Uh, crank that phone harder there Jethro. Uh try a smoke signal or send junior over on his mule. Get that new buggy and your team of horses and shoot over there. Yee Hah.
Damn line is still busy. Stirred, how about Coach Goodwin? I'd love to see Edgewood against Marion Local. I'd pay premium price for that. Kat, any luck over there in Auglaize county? Fort Recovery? Coach Niekamp is my 2nd cousin. Man, his line is busy, too.
Old 08-13-17, 10:02 AM
All American

[QUOTE=Cavman96;6805706]Offensively, is he guard or tackle? I just remember last year before he got hurt, Marion Local just dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. He's a beast. I still think that if he didn't get hurt last year, that game might have turned into another 2013 score.

I actually had the chance to chat with the young man at a couple of Coldwater playoff games last year. Great kid. Nice and humble. You guys got a good kid there, and he will do well onward. Best of luck to him at Notre Dame.[/QUOTE

Dirksen plays rt. tackle on offense, the rest of the line is still a work in progress.
Old 08-13-17, 11:20 AM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
For FR..... Bihn kid is a Freshman. He apparently grew over the spring and summer.... 6'5 270 lbs at 14 Yrs old. Damn!
Old 08-13-17, 06:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
For FR..... Bihn kid is a Freshman. He apparently grew over the spring and summer.... 6'5 270 lbs at 14 Yrs old. Damn!
that is a BIG boy.....did the Fort scrimmage Indian Lake? how did they do?
Old 08-13-17, 07:03 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Damn line is still busy. Stirred, how about Coach Goodwin? I'd love to see Edgewood against Marion Local. I'd pay premium price for that. Kat, any luck over there in Auglaize county? Fort Recovery? Coach Niekamp is my 2nd cousin. Man, his line is busy, too.
Uh, Vince Lombardi is my eighth cousin once removed. " Mactosis" is on the move.