Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-04-17, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
I love all the assumptions being made... As many have said, welcome to the real world. If you do shady things some will comment. If you are the benefactor of shady things someone will comment. If you think a whole boatload of shadiness isn't being sucked up, you make a flippant comment over things you have no capability to understand. Calling out the administration of a formerly good organization means folks are looking to be handed opportunities... lol.

The drama isn't created by the truth. The drama is created by the idiotic side comments.
LOL. The drama is caused by queens like yourself.

If it really is a "formerly good organization" then why are you still there? If CUP is on the decline that likely means one or more are on the rise.

As I said before, it won't matter what club you're with....you will always feel slighted and will complain about it. A leopard can't change its spots....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-17, 09:02 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
LOL. The drama is caused by queens like yourself.

If it really is a "formerly good organization" then why are you still there? If CUP is on the decline that likely means one or more are on the rise.

As I said before, it won't matter what club you're with....you will always feel slighted and will complain about it. A leopard can't change its spots....

Until there is actually a local contender for non-DA talent. Cup floats. You act like the landscape for that type of club is large in Cinci. It isn't. You're also ignorant of the fact that I'm just the bank. The player actually chooses where to play. He knows like many of us do, that the market is in transition and nothing can be done for the players that are aged ahead of progress. And like many suggest, he sucks it up.

I'll still give honest reports when asked a direct question and I'll still know more about what's really going on than you do. You can be snappy with your hyperbole all you want, doesn't make you clever or correct.
Old 08-04-17, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Until there is actually a local contender for non-DA talent. Cup floats. You act like the landscape for that type of club is large in Cinci. It isn't. You're also ignorant of the fact that I'm just the bank. The player actually chooses where to play. He knows like many of us do, that the market is in transition and nothing can be done for the players that are aged ahead of progress. And like many suggest, he sucks it up.

I'll still give honest reports when asked a direct question and I'll still know more about what's really going on than you do. You can be snappy with your hyperbole all you want, doesn't make you clever or correct.
I am sure you know more than what I do as to what is going on with that club since I am not associated with it. I never said I know more than you. I just said rather than crying about it behind a screen name (and calling out other kids by name at the same time) that you should move on. Sounds like your kid is handling this better than you.

Hopefully your son realizes his dreams if they are to play at the next level. Playing on the top team with CUP won't hurt. Make contacts with the college coaches where he'd like to play. Get in front of them. Show them what you can do. Ultimately he has to sell himself to those coaches. Don't rely on anybody else to make your opportunities for you.
Old 08-04-17, 10:07 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I am sure you know more than what I do as to what is going on with that club since I am not associated with it. I never said I know more than you. I just said rather than crying about it behind a screen name (and calling out other kids by name at the same time) that you should move on. Sounds like your kid is handling this better than you.

Hopefully your son realizes his dreams if they are to play at the next level. Playing on the top team with CUP won't hurt. Make contacts with the college coaches where he'd like to play. Get in front of them. Show them what you can do. Ultimately he has to sell himself to those coaches. Don't rely on anybody else to make your opportunities for you.
You forgot to give me advice on standardized testing and the importance of those scores.
Old 08-04-17, 10:10 AM
Varsity

sebbyb is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Gameday10;6800131
Several years ago there was a coach at CUP that was getting paid behind the scenes by several dads. He was a very good coach and well known in the area. CUP ended up letting him go because the parent not paying the extra money finally had enough of it and complained.[/QUOTE]

Business as usual.
Old 08-04-17, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You forgot to give me advice on standardized testing and the importance of those scores.
Yes, do well in school and on the ACT or SAT. Your son will get more money from colleges that way than through soccer.
Old 08-11-17, 10:39 PM
Varsity

sebbyb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameday10 View Post
I think the CUP teams that advanced during Nationals did a nice job. You can't expect good coaching when the folks on the sideline have a different agenda.

How does SK get credit for the own goal?

How does SK get top 11 when he played average at best and others out played him?

The Callow kid played his butt off and deserves the top 11.

How does SK go to college camps and the DA goes with him along with his Dad?

Does the DA go to all the players college camps?

Several years ago there was a coach at CUP that was getting paid behind the scenes by several dads. He was a very good coach and well known in the area. CUP ended up letting him go because the parent not paying the extra money finally had enough of it and complained.

How is this any different with the special treatment that goes on in this 01 team?
It's a good soccer group of players that is being screwed over by the powers of the club.....

SK will go to a great college regardless of soccer his dad has the $$$$$$.

Just keep everything fair and stop the special treatment crap it makes the Club look bad.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...cer/560142001/
Old 08-12-17, 12:23 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
Gonna pass on the obvious bait, but I do have a question about the article.

How can you write about the strength of Cincinnati HS soccer and not even mention Summit?

That's truly weird.
Old 08-12-17, 02:17 PM
Varsity

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gonna pass on the obvious bait, but I do have a question about the article.

How can you write about the strength of Cincinnati HS soccer and not even mention Summit?

That's truly weird.
I was thinking the same thing. Agree that Anderson, Mason and even moeller should get a preview. But where was St. X, Sycamore and Summit Country day? Regardless, glad the Enquirer is covering boys soccer.
Old 08-12-17, 06:59 PM
All American

SirStanley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy_Futbol View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Agree that Anderson, Mason and even moeller should get a preview. But where was St. X, Sycamore and Summit Country day? Regardless, glad the Enquirer is covering boys soccer.
My guess is that The Enquirer sent a questionnaire to all coaches and wrote the article (and notes) exclusively from those contributions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: