Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-24-17, 05:17 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Here we go again with this MKU stuff....

They were already given the business by APS..do they want to get put in their place again?
Old 08-04-17, 11:59 AM
All District

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
https://buckeyeprep.blogspot.com/201...comes.html?m=1

The Irish should be fun to watch in the coming years regardless of what division they play in.
Old 08-04-17, 01:21 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paydirt View Post

The Irish should be fun to watch in the coming years regardless of what division they play in.

Always good to know where I can go to find out who the elite 5th grade basketball players are in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-17, 07:21 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post
Always good to know where I can go to find out who the elite 5th grade basketball players are in Ohio.

Just stop by the STVM summer basketball camp. You can see them in person.
Old 08-04-17, 07:43 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just stop by the STVM summer basketball camp. You can see them in person.

Or that. Do the elite 5th graders have their camp the week before or after the elite kindergarteners?

Old 08-04-17, 08:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post
Or that. Do the elite 5th graders have their camp the week before or after the elite kindergarteners?

Youth summer camp is grades 2-8. Things don't generally start picking up til around 6th or 7th grade.
Old 08-08-17, 08:02 AM
All Region

Hoban2019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

St. V must have gotten some additional members of the Joyce family as coaches. The article mentions "Drew" Joyce as well as "Dre".
Old 08-08-17, 08:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
From the article:
Quote:
The old adage, “the rich get richer and the poor get poorer” is certainly relevant to what’s about to go down at the storied program in Akron.
Quote:
Although Wilson, Peeples and Perie all reside in northeast Ohio, Branham is a Columbus kid, whom many local high school programs have coveted for a couple of years.
Quote:
Coach Dre: “This is one of the most heralded classes in some time; we expect big things from them. "
Quote:
Moreover, players come and go from programs these days, so who’s to say if all 4 players will remain in the program for their entire careers.
The above is a concise summary of what I do not like in high school athletics. Is it legal? Yes. Is everyone involved "good kids/people"? Yes. Does everyone in the program work hard? Yes. I'm not disparaging individual people or their talent or their willingness to work hard.

And, yes, I say the same thing about Walsh girls soccer or Hoban football. I may be in the minority, but I do not like the formation of all-star teams at the high school level.
Old 08-08-17, 04:00 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
STVM Class of 2021 Tae Pierre St Augustine Noah Peeples St Anthony many of the members of this class will be from Local schools. STVM Frosh Football will have 30-34 players on the roster.
Old 08-08-17, 08:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
STVM Class of 2021 Tae Pierre St Augustine Noah Peeples St Anthony many of the members of this class will be from Local schools. STVM Frosh Football will have 30-34 players on the roster.
It is still an all-star team, gathered from the Akron and surrounding areas. Last year's varsity had players from Akron, Mogadore, Twinsburg, Barberton, Copley, Malvern, and Groveport.

Yes, yes, I fully understand that all of this is within the rules, that it goes on everywhere, has always been this way, and will never change. All I'm saying is that I don't like it. It is not good for competition within the region.
Old 08-08-17, 09:18 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
It's only going to get worse. Parents are spending $1000s following their kids around starting at age 6 in travel sports. When they get to high school, they are looking for the best fit just like their travel teams. The OHSAA has a real issue and too many old disconnected people to figure out a solution.
Old 08-09-17, 06:56 AM
All Region

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
2022 is looking very good as is the 2023 group. Jury still out on 2024. "doing things the right way" or "You won't make the team" is not the first choice for some. All the Billboards in Ohio won't change 7 (and counting) vs 1!!!
No you're right they need StV's inside secret to recruiting. Most HS dream of having a great class here and there just sad that some schools can do things differently and have great talent every year by not being restricted totheir district. The one thing I'll never understand about Ohio HS sports.
Old 08-09-17, 07:13 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
"All I'm saying is that I don't like it. It is not good for competition within the region." You must be talking about TT and Hoban Football!!! Show me the difference?
Old 08-10-17, 07:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
"All I'm saying is that I don't like it. It is not good for competition within the region." You must be talking about TT and Hoban Football!!! Show me the difference?
Wow, you really have me tied up in knots on that one. Oh wait, I happen to have already said this, in post #38:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
And, yes, I say the same thing about Walsh girls soccer or Hoban football. I may be in the minority, but I do not like the formation of all-star teams at the high school level.
Old 08-17-17, 06:43 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
From the article:

The above is a concise summary of what I do not like in high school athletics. Is it legal? Yes. Is everyone involved "good kids/people"? Yes. Does everyone in the program work hard? Yes. I'm not disparaging individual people or their talent or their willingness to work hard.

Carl E would never allow a serious attempt at an all-star team to form at Walsh. He would be putting his foot down in seconds.