Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-24-17, 01:16 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Ozark (Netflix)

Anyone else watching this? I've heard mixed reviews but I enjoy it so far. I think it has real potential.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-17, 02:21 PM
All Ohio

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Anyone else watching this? I've heard mixed reviews but I enjoy it so far. I think it has real potential.
Thanks for the tip, TroyTrojan. I'll check it out in the next few days.
Old 07-24-17, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'll check it out as the previews looking interesting and I didn't know it was already showing. One things for sure we are living in a golden age of "TV" as the number of interesting & compelling shows is off the charts. There seems to be more quality shows then one can watch in a given week and still have a life.
Old 07-27-17, 08:37 PM
All World

Gets better each episode. Again, this is a must watch.
Old 08-01-17, 10:22 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
3 episodes in. The premise starts off as a little ridiculous in the first episode but as more characters are introduced and the setting is established, it becomes pretty gripping.
Old 08-01-17, 12:14 PM
All Ohio

The middle episodes began to make it difficult to keep track of all of the stories various strands, but a little patience did wonders for me.
Very well written. The acting by the entire cast was superb. I've never been a big Jason Bateman fan but I thought his performance was stellar.
Old 08-01-17, 01:10 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
The middle episodes began to make it difficult to keep track of all of the stories various strands, but a little patience did wonders for me.
Very well written. The acting by the entire cast was superb. I've never been a big Jason Bateman fan but I thought his performance was stellar.
Did the ending surprise you? I definitely didn't see that coming. Makes for a interesting storyline for the next season.
Old 08-01-17, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Sounds like Justified meets Wall St.

Is there a purpose behind the Ozark setting?
Old 08-01-17, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Did the ending surprise you? I definitely didn't see that coming. Makes for a interesting storyline for the next season.
Parts of it did surprise me. Then I began thinking like you.....that it gives viewers a good reason to tune in for Season 2.

All in all, it was definitely worth the time spent. I also thought Laura Linney was excellent as usual.
Old 08-01-17, 05:53 PM
All District

Flying Wedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, the ending was rather surprising. I binged it over a period of three days.

Has it definitely been renewed for a second season?
Old 08-01-17, 07:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Sounds like Justified meets Wall St.

Is there a purpose behind the Ozark setting?
May be why I like this show so much. Justified is my second favorite show of all time. Some of the characters do remind you of it. And yes there is a reason they moved there. He was from Chicago and moved to a rural area that still had a lot of business to launder money. He would be investigated too much in a city like Chicago.

PS the ozarks are beautiful if you've never been.
Old 08-02-17, 12:24 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Pretty good series
Old 08-02-17, 10:25 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
You guts were right. Definitely an enyoyable series. Only two epiodes in, but I've always been a Bateman fan.
Old 08-03-17, 10:51 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
I'm two episodes in as well. Very entertaining.
Old 08-03-17, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I have watched the 1st episode and will give a full season a shot. Critics note it as good but not a stand out and after 1 episode I agree. What got me interested more than anything was Laura Linney, she is a huge talent but then again William Hurt and Billy Bob Thorton were in Goliath and that thing stunk. It looks like many top notch names are doing these streaming shows because they pay well and are usually only 10 or so episodes. They pay very well, can knock them out in a couple months to still have time for a feature film, and leave time for the beach in Malibu.

Last edited by Auggie; 08-03-17 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-03-17, 11:36 AM
All Ohio

JoshuaRanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Enjoy the series, I binge watched it over the weekend. As has been written on thread, lots of moving parts, but all in all an enjoyable watch. I like Lauren Linney, but she just seems a little too old for Batemen as his wife, its like she's old enough to be his mother. Looking forward to where it goes from here, lots of ways it can go and characters it can go with.
Old 08-03-17, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Also, if I know going in that a show has many secondary characters that will be bigger down the line like a Breaking Bad or Justified I pay more attention to every small interaction early on thinking will this be the person that is a big player in the future? Changes the way I watch these shows.
Old 08-03-17, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaRanch View Post
Enjoy the series, I binge watched it over the weekend. As has been written on thread, lots of moving parts, but all in all an enjoyable watch. I like Lauren Linney, but she just seems a little too old for Batemen as his wife, its like she's old enough to be his mother. Looking forward to where it goes from here, lots of ways it can go and characters it can go with.
She is only 5 years older than Bateman so it's not that crazy. I give Linney credit though, no major "Hollywood" augmentation to make her look younger than she is. Body is fine but man she is rocking some serious crows feet so she does have a grandma vibe to her. Stinks to be a woman over 40 in Hollywood these days...
Old 08-05-17, 01:16 AM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Ever hear of spoiler alerts, jerk!
Old 08-08-17, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

Finally finished this thing and I struggle to give it a B-, basically some good acting that is marred by a clunky script.

I get a Breaking Bad vibe from this show; really smart family guy that is trying to provide a great living for his family by doing some bad stuff that involves interesting characters from the under world, not very original. They even have a similar opening where they set up the episode with some cryptic scene and then break into the logo with these icons that represent what is going on this episode. As called out above the good is the acting with the exception of the over the top psycho FBI agent, very surprised that the gay community hasn't been screaming about this stereotype, and the petty thief family headed by the NYC actress trying to act the part of a redneck. (By the way, what redneck family doesn't have a single member with some heavy duty ink?) In general the entire plot line around that family was not needed except to provide the Jesse Pinkman character for this show. I really thought at some point Ruth was going to get it on with Marty yet her final scene nods to an even worse stereotype then the gay FBI guy. Best secondary character is the heroin kingpin's wife, give me more of her

If they do a 2nd season I may start with it to see where a few things go but if it doesn't get any better I will drop off.
Old 08-14-17, 08:25 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
It was pretty decent. However, I don't think there's any way you can hold a baby under water that long without causing brain damage.
Old 08-15-17, 10:57 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Just finished the first season. Overall, very entertaining. The writing/acting is good, but not great. I will definitely continue watching future seasons.

...and I agree, PBoy. That was ridiculous.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: