Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-28-17, 03:14 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Fostoria track coach

This guy is sick. It sounds as if he was a paraprofessional well as a track and basketball coach. I didn't see if he was a head coach or assistant coach (or I didn't read carefully enough). He was also a XC coach at some point.

Police: Fired Fostoria coach left rotting dog in home with children. Also faces accusations of sending explicit photographs to students
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-17, 03:13 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Sad/scary/infuriating that it was over a year after he sent pictures to kids that he finally was caught. Think of all the lectures the kids have had since kindergarten. All the tools we think we are giving them to protect them from this sort of predator. I think of the other thread where I had brought up how uncomfortable I was with some coaches and their athletes at the pole vault and my one vaulter's comment that if they can do that in public just think what they are doing in private? Now I'm even more concerned and sort of convinced that my suspicions are correct.

Can't happen at our school. Impossible. The kids would turn him in so fast it would make your head spin. And yet, I'm sure everyone on Fostoria's staff thought the same thing. Then there are his poor kids. Heartbreaking.
Old 07-29-17, 06:31 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Disgusting. You think you know somebody...

Not the same details, but another situation of this type from my area. Anyone in my area who is the least bit interested in swimming knows who this guy is. Many around the state do as well:

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201705...-investigation
Old 07-29-17, 08:45 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
As a retired Sex Crimes and Child Abuse Detective I have found that things aren't always as clear as the media paints them. Once we start tearing down someone's reputation we cannot take it back. In my years of experience in the field I have found the following. There is her side, his side and there is the truth. Accusing someone, charging them,indicting them and proving an offense in court all have a different weight. And we are a long way from that. But, it is easy for lay people not involved in the situation to assume guilt. I, don't know maybe he is guilty. Or not I'm just saying.
Old 07-29-17, 08:47 AM
All American

Dang I should be writing a XC preview...not discussing the ORC
Old 07-29-17, 09:57 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Thanks cvctrackfan. That is really good advice. I have been around situations where I thought "no way" and it turns out that yes, he did do it. And in a situation where almost everyone assumed guilt and a teachers life was torn apart only to find out "Actually it was her dad. The teacher didn't do anything."
Old 07-29-17, 01:32 PM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
This does not seem like allegations that have just come to light. Sending naked pictures is clearly a bad thing. This is not a gray area thing. Had they said that there were inappropriate texts and left it at that, I'd wait to see exactly what that was. I send texts all the time to family that get mistook as serious when they are not or yelling when I'm laughing. However, it clearly states he sent naked pictures. No misunderstanding that. Even the dead dog could be a thing where they are all so traumatized or somehow unable to get rid of the remains. Some sort of huge denial or mental illness. If he did not send the photos, then there is a huge problem with the entire reporting of the story. Pretty sure the reporter would not just throw in something that serious in there as a fact if it was not. That is a pretty specific thing to report.
Old 07-29-17, 01:59 PM
All American

Psycho dad you could be a 100% correct. But, from my experience from dealing with the media in hundreds of Sex Crimes cases. You, can't always believe what is written. If the man sent naked pictures. Then off with his head. The crime is called pandering obscenity, or maybe even importuning. At worst a Sexual Battery case. Enough of this. We all know we don't want to be in their shoes.
Old 07-29-17, 04:44 PM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
I believe that considering the horrible excuses for journalists and mainstream media outlets that we have seen the last couple of years, we have every right to question the authenticity and credibility of the media nowadays. With that being said, a case like this, where this individual clearly was sending nudes to minors, Its pretty hard for even the worst of our fake news journalists to bastardize this story. This crime is inexcusable and indefensible. Regardless of how the media states it. And here, if the media outlet is wrong, they are blatantly wrong to the point of malice or neglect, on which case they would be liable. A small town news source probably will not want to risk that, and take care not to blatantly damage someones reputation with falsehoods. Id say this charge of sending nudes to minors should be true, and credible, as its originating from the police. So I have no problem regarding this despicable soul with contempt.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 07-30-17 at 09:17 AM..