Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-14-17, 02:17 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Hubbard Eagles 2018 "Looking ahead"

I've waited a while to post this. With the 2017 season in the books for a couple weeks now, let's get this started. Hubbard faced a lot of adversity in 2017. 4 to 5 starters either ruled ineligible for grades or sitting because of transfer issues. 4 new starting offensive linemen, extreme inability to throw the ball early on, and a lot of new faces on the defensive side of the ball. The result? A (5-5) season. Hubbards worst record in football since 1998. Here are some positives I took away from the 2017 Hubbard eagles. 3 of the 5 losses came down to the final possession and were decided by a score or less. The defense although young played sparingly throughout the year and for the most part held their own. A lot of young players were given big roles on both offense and defense to contribute. A lot of experience was gained. And last but not least, QB athlete Davion Daniels is a star in the making. Morales, Donlow, the transfer from Sharon and a few more are all back next season after sitting out 2017. Both lines return a lot with size. A good off-season will be key. Tarver looked strong and fast on defense after sitting out the first 5 games in 2017. He will be a junior next season. Mosora is back as a defensive leader at MLB after leading the defense with 162 tackles and an all state mention. Last but not least both kickers return which should make for a decent kicking and punting combo. Imo the eagles can do big things in 2018. It's just a matter of putting it all together. 2017 was a disaster. It's redemption time.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-17, 04:00 PM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
.....plus, out of only 10 seniors on last years team, only 5 of them had any significant playing time in 2017.

It'll be interesting to see who Hubbard opens up with in 2018, hopefully it will be at Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium.
Old 12-14-17, 04:18 PM
All World

Already penciled in capped.
Alliance at beautiful memorial stadium week 1.
Aviators are coming off a league title and a 9-1 season. Perfect opener for our eagles. Depending on what alliance returns it should be a great week 1 test. I know the eagles will come in hungry to jump start the season in a big way.
Old 12-14-17, 04:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Aviators are coming off a league title and a 9-1 season. Perfect opener for our eagles. Depending on what alliance returns it should be a great week 1 test. I know the eagles will come in hungry to jump start the season in a big way.
Alliance at Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium is a very nice fit for the Eagles opener in week #1.

I like it, I like it a lot.
Old 12-15-17, 10:39 AM
Junior Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Excited to make the trip week 1!
Old 12-15-17, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
Excited to make the trip week 1!
^Excited to have Alliance on Hubbard's schedule!^
Old 12-15-17, 11:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Here are some positives I took away from the 2017 Hubbard eagles. 3 of the 5 losses came down to the final possession and were decided by a score or less.
.....with a ton of talent standing on the sidelines in sweats.

The future looks bright.
Old 12-15-17, 11:48 AM
All American

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
I believe Alliance has scheduled Canfield, Salem and Poland as well.
Old 12-16-17, 08:48 AM
All Ohio

confused is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I've waited a while to post this. With the 2017 season in the books for a couple weeks now, let's get this started. Hubbard faced a lot of adversity in 2017. 4 to 5 starters either ruled ineligible for grades or sitting because of transfer issues. 4 new starting offensive linemen, extreme inability to throw the ball early on, and a lot of new faces on the defensive side of the ball. The result? A (5-5) season. Hubbards worst record in football since 1998. Here are some positives I took away from the 2017 Hubbard eagles. 3 of the 5 losses came down to the final possession and were decided by a score or less. The defense although young played sparingly throughout the year and for the most part held their own. A lot of young players were given big roles on both offense and defense to contribute. A lot of experience was gained. And last but not least, QB athlete Davion Daniels is a star in the making. Morales, Donlow, the transfer from Sharon and a few more are all back next season after sitting out 2017. Both lines return a lot with size. A good off-season will be key. Tarver looked strong and fast on defense after sitting out the first 5 games in 2017. He will be a junior next season. Mosora is back as a defensive leader at MLB after leading the defense with 162 tackles and an all state mention. Last but not least both kickers return which should make for a decent kicking and punting combo. Imo the eagles can do big things in 2018. It's just a matter of putting it all together. 2017 was a disaster. It's redemption time.
Is anyone going to address the grades issue. If they aren't eligible it doesn't matter what else they do. That needs to come first
Old 12-16-17, 10:35 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
How hard is it to have decent grades?
They just need to show up to school. The rest will take care of itself.
Old 12-16-17, 03:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
Is anyone going to address the grades issue. If they aren't eligible it doesn't matter what else they do. That needs to come first
I totally agree with you 100%. I hope they learned from it because it couldn't of been easy watching all of those games from the sidelines knowing they could of helped out the team tremendously.

Last year was pretty rough if you were a Hubbard follower seeing all that wasted talent on the sidelines not contributing, plus all of the injuries as well.

Like I said before, hopefully everyone learned from it.....that would be a good thing. If they did, the 2018 team has the potential to be very good with what they have coming back.
Old 12-16-17, 04:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
My understanding is that a much needed renewed effort has be instilled in these young men. All have perfect attendance and are passing classes they have struggled in previously. Taking football away was a huge punishment that these young men brought onto themselves. They're hungry to be back and from what I understand the grades will not be an issue this season. On a side note kudos to Hubbard for holding them to the books. I know at other schools including Hubbard for years, if you're a star athlete you could do bare minimum and have a failing grade all year but come football time those grades mysteriously change to passing. These kids didn't put the work in and Hubbard ruled them ineligible. No mysterious projects with 1000 bonus points were offered. The kids have learned from the experience and will be better because of it.
Old 12-16-17, 05:13 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Stop with the trash talk. Most schools are not like Hubbard. Lakeview is squeaky clean in academics and always has been. Kids get legitimate grades or sit. That BS line gets you nowhere.
Old 12-16-17, 08:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
My understanding is that a much needed renewed effort has be instilled in these young men. All have perfect attendance and are passing classes they have struggled in previously. Taking football away was a huge punishment that these young men brought onto themselves. They're hungry to be back and from what I understand the grades will not be an issue this season. On a side note kudos to Hubbard for holding them to the books.
That's very good news to hear
Old 12-16-17, 08:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Stop with the trash talk. Most schools are not like Hubbard. Lakeview is squeaky clean in academics and always has been. Kids get legitimate grades or sit. That BS line gets you nowhere.
^troll^
Old 12-16-17, 08:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto21 View Post
I believe Alliance has scheduled Canfield, Salem and Poland as well.
We all want to know Roberto, has Hubbard ever played Alliance before?

You can tell we all depend on your research and knowledge for the answers.
Old 12-16-17, 08:13 PM
All Ohio

YTown09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
I believe he was referring to star athletes Paladin....
Old 12-16-17, 09:48 PM
All American

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
We all want to know Roberto, has Hubbard ever played Alliance before?

You can tell we all depend on your research and knowledge for the answers.
Thanks Hub.

This will be the first meeting.

You would think they would have played before, but no. Hubbard was independent for several years in their history but never met Alliance.
Old 12-16-17, 09:59 PM
All American

sportster4321,
I sent you a PM.
Old 12-20-17, 02:30 PM
All District

HE74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alliance (9-2) was a senior dominated team last year. About half (29) the roster graduated. Their QB Frazier, top rusher Duce Johnson (2406 yds rushing 36 tds) are gone, most of the O line and their top 2 receivers graduate.

Two good LB's come back, Maley and Cox.

My question: is this a home and home contract? Will the Eagles get to play at the Purple Raiders stadium the next time they play?
Old 12-20-17, 08:09 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HE74 View Post
My question: is this a home and home contract? Will the Eagles get to play at the Purple Raiders stadium the next time they play?
Looking at Arbiter, the Aviators first two games of 2019 are Hubbard and Niles. Both are home games for Alliance.

So yes, it is a Home and Home. Nice place to watch a game, especially early season. Was called “Hartshorn” back in the day.

With all the Alliance graduation losses would seem to be an easy game for Hubbard.
Old 12-20-17, 08:10 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
https://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/4120364
Old 12-21-17, 02:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Looking at Arbiter, the Aviators first two games of 2019 are Hubbard and Niles. Both are home games for Alliance.

So yes, it is a Home and Home. Nice place to watch a game, especially early season. Was called “Hartshorn” back in the day.

With all the Alliance graduation losses would seem to be an easy game for Hubbard.
Thanks for the info.....
Old 12-24-17, 07:12 PM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
Thanks for the info.....
Wouldn’t sleep on Alliance week 1. It will be Whiting’s third year with his program in place, and they return enough experience to give Hubbard a dogfight
Old 12-27-17, 02:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
Wouldn’t sleep on Alliance week 1. It will be Whiting’s third year with his program in place, and they return enough experience to give Hubbard a dogfight
I guarantee you no one from Hubbard will be taking Alliance for granted.

We Hubbard followers welcome them to Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium for week #1. We are excited to play them.
Old 12-27-17, 04:01 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Hubbard should be front runners with morales back in all honesty as much as I hate to say it, Mizoram is really good as well
Old 12-27-17, 09:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Hubbard should be front runners with morales back in all honesty as much as I hate to say it, Mizoram is really good as well
Mizoram??? Who's that?
Old 12-27-17, 09:50 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto21 View Post
Mizoram??? Who's that?
Mosora
Old 12-28-17, 01:40 PM
All American

Smile