Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-04-17, 07:06 PM
Freshman

goldschlager is on a distinguished road
South Range vs Akron Manchester wk12 rematch

Division 5 region 17 rematch between these two teams. SR 11-0 Manchester 9-2. SR with a 6 point win first time around but came from behind. Both teams are strong. No word yet on where the game will be played. Should be a good game. Whatís your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-17, 07:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
I’m hoping Marlington gets to host this game..pretty central location...rumor has it Marlington could have both these teams on the schedule next season
Old 11-04-17, 07:09 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I'd think uniontown Lake is a strong possibility to host. Or possibly even Austimtown-Fitch. I'd say Range is a slight favorite, but it should be a great game
Old 11-04-17, 07:39 PM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I'd think uniontown Lake is a strong possibility to host. Or possibly even Austimtown-Fitch. I'd say Range is a slight favorite, but it should be a great game
I believe Lake isn't hosting this year due to construction issues. Would have been a great site for this game.
Old 11-04-17, 07:40 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
It is hard to beat a team twice that’s all I’m saying

But South Range already did that
Old 11-04-17, 11:34 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
I think t depends on which team adjust the best after the first matchup. Wouldn't be surprised to see a much lower scoring game this time around.

Is Ravenna a possibility to host this game?
Old 11-04-17, 11:43 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
I think t depends on which team adjust the best after the first matchup. Wouldn't be surprised to see a much lower scoring game this time around.

Ravenna is reportedly hosting Barberton-Bedford.
Old 11-04-17, 11:51 PM
All World

If Mount Union hosts playoff games anymore that is about smack dab in the middle of the 2 schools.
Old 11-04-17, 11:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If Mount Union hosts playoff games anymore that is about smack dab in the middle of the 2 schools.
That makes me think that Marlington could be the site of choice. Minerva is a bit out of the way but not out of the question either. I believe they hosted a regional final between Manchester and Crestview 5 years ago.
Old 11-05-17, 12:12 AM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
That makes me think that Marlington could be the site of choice. Minerva is a bit out of the way but not out of the question either. I believe they hosted a regional final between Manchester and Crestview 5 years ago.
Also hosted Mogadore-South Range just a few years ago. Minerva is definitely a strong possibility.
Old 11-05-17, 06:42 AM
Freshman

IronLion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also hosted Mogadore-South Range just a few years ago. Minerva is definitely a strong possibility.
I heard that Minerva didn't apply to host any playoff games this year.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-17, 06:51 AM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This game has no chance to be lower scoring, if South Range doesnít score they will get blown out! Unless they got new defensive players, Manchester will score often.
Old 11-05-17, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

This one is going to be played at Louisville. They have never hosted a playoff game before. The stadium itself generally gets high marks from its visitors, but the common complaint from many is the parking.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 11-06-17 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-05-17, 12:33 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This one is going to be played at Louisville. They have never hosted a playoff game before. The stadium itself generally gets high marks from its visitors, but the common complaint from is the parking.
Louisville has hosted playoff games, Mogadore played Cadiz there in 96
It's a beautiful stadium but get there early, No Parking.
Old 11-05-17, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Louisville has hosted playoff games, Mogadore played Cadiz there in 96
It's a beautiful stadium but get there early, No Parking.
I meant to say they haven't hosted since the improvements they made a handful of years ago.
Old 11-05-17, 01:08 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I meant to say they haven't hosted since the improvements they made a handful of years ago.
Sorry my bad, didn't think of that.
Old 11-05-17, 07:18 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Manchester can't afford to give up a three score lead like they did the first time around, and they can't afford a defensive lapse that gave up a big play score in the final minute of the game like they did the first time. The other issue is Manchester's kicking game. Both teams scored the same number of touchdowns the first time around, but Manchester didn't convert an EP, going for two each time because of a lack of an effective kicker early in the season. Still, I like Manchester's chances this time around.
Old 11-05-17, 07:50 PM
All Region

222left is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Louisville hosted Malvern game week 13 a few years back following the renovations. Also it's bad info to say there is no parking. There is no "Parking lot" at the stadium, but the high school is less then 5 minute walk, and there are churches around the stadium that provide parking. In addition, the streets around the stadium offer tons of side road parking. Everyone always says how bad it is, but both ways have pros and cons. I sat in WB parking lot for 25 mins waiting to get out because there is only two exits. Both schools should enjoy this venue, and I am sure Louisville will do a great job hosting these two teams.
Old 11-05-17, 07:52 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
It is hard to beat a team twice thatís all Iím saying

But South Range already did that
Agreed. Unless you are a lot better. Which I think south range is. 42-20.
Old 11-05-17, 08:00 PM
Freshman

goldschlager is on a distinguished road
Being played at Louisville is not really a halfway point for SR. Looks like an hour bus ride for them compared to pretty much being in Manchesterís back yard. If The Raiders can contain #7 they win. SR has too many weopons on offense. You key on 44 and then 14 runs on ya. You key on 44 and 14 and they throw to 1 of 3 great receivers. Key on the pass game and 44 has a huge night. All SR has to do is stop 7 and they win this game again.
Old 11-05-17, 08:52 PM
Varsity

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
South Range vs Akron Manchester wk12 rematch

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldschlager View Post
Being played at Louisville is not really a halfway point for SR. Looks like an hour bus ride for them compared to pretty much being in Manchesterís back yard. If The Raiders can contain #7 they win. SR has too many weopons on offense. You key on 44 and then 14 runs on ya. You key on 44 and 14 and they throw to 1 of 3 great receivers. Key on the pass game and 44 has a huge night. All SR has to do is stop 7 and they win this game again.

It is not even close to Manchesterís backyard, it is a 27 mile and about 45 minute drive for Manchester, 33 mile drive for south range, I donít Think you can pick a better ďhalf way pointĒ for both schools and a better venue- there is no track so the fans are right on the field, itís clean and in a really good venue. Louisville is one of the best venues in stark county and probably one of the nicest fields either team will play on all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MINFAN; 11-05-17 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-05-17, 09:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Roobear33 is on a distinguished road
Louisville will be rocking Friday night.... If game 2 is anything like game 1, this will be a classic!!! Manchester, IMO, prevails by 1-2 scores.... The OLD ball coach will have them prepared beyond belief.... Also, IMO, points will be lighting up the scoreboard once again... Fans will love this awesome stadium, Malvern played there in 2011.... You can park anywhere in town with a short walk to the stadium!!!!!
Old 11-05-17, 09:54 PM
All World

While it's well documented coach France long tenure and wins, but coach Yeagley is no slouch either, in "only" his 23rd year at SR
Old 11-05-17, 10:05 PM
Junior Varsity

Roobear33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While it's well documented coach France long tenure and wins, but coach Yeagley is no slouch either, in "only" his 23rd year at SR
Amazing these 2 are still at it after ALL these years.... Coaching has changed so much over the years, almost have to baby the players, but some have adjusted and done very WELL.......
Old 11-05-17, 10:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobear33 View Post
Amazing these 2 are still at it after ALL these years.... Coaching has changed so much over the years, almost have to baby the players, but some have adjusted and done very WELL.......
The game has evolved too. Coach Yeagley started with a wing-t, then a power run game, and now has adapted to the multi formation, almost spread with a lot being run out of the gun. Had great success with all of them
Old 11-05-17, 11:16 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Southrange figures it out and plays much cleaner this time around. Raiders 31-20.
Old 11-06-17, 08:52 AM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldschlager View Post
While what you say certainly is valid, this has been addressed by the OC. #34 has become an excellent option when teams stack their D to stop #7. #3 has been utilized more since #10 replaced the injured QB. #3 is a threat to score long and short And by moving #10 to QB, they have added another dimension to their Offense. He is a threat to pass very effectively and run with very good results. And lastly, #5 is a threat to break a long one every time he returns a KO, when he is kicked to. And their secondary is very good led by #5. So, if the Panthers can stay healthy, I like their chances.
Old 11-06-17, 11:32 AM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
I am very disappointed I can’t make it to this game, someone will have to give updates!
Old 11-08-17, 04:10 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
I am very disappointed I canít make it to this game, someone will have to give updates!
Me either. Hopefully it'll be on an internet radio broadcast. MHS Athletics also does score and video updates on its Twitter feed.

Any word on how the weather might affect play?
Old 11-08-17, 04:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Me either. Hopefully it'll be on an internet radio broadcast. MHS Athletics also does score and video updates on its Twitter feed.

Any word on how the weather might affect play?
Weather won't be a factor as in no precipitation and light winds. It'll be downright cold for the fans, players won't feel a thing. I guess it could play a factor if someone has to come off, quite literally, cold off the bench.