Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Archives

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-09, 09:21 AM
All American

sehs
Too bad they can't schedule Massillon, Warren Harding, Boardman and Fitch anymore, I would even like to see us play a team like Canton Mckinley before we play a team from DC or PA.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-09, 01:36 PM
Moderated User

LC-legand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs View Post
Too bad they can't schedule Massillon, Warren Harding, Boardman and Fitch anymore, I would even like to see us play a team like Canton Mckinley before we play a team from DC or PA.
with the sched eds has, DC Woodson and Erie Prep are harbin hogs and eds needs those teams on sched. with eds last half of sched loaded every year. need those secondary points. allot of these teams wont play eds or iggy.eds schedule is set up to make playoffs just about every year if you win the right 5-6 games. if eds beat inkster this year, they would have just made the playoffs or just missed it. that would have been only five wins.
Old 11-18-09, 08:33 PM
All Region

sehs73 is on a distinguished road
Who cares who we play? We haven't had a winning record over the past THREE years. Our schedule doesn't matter. If this continues we'll have trouble beating the Sisters of the Sorrowful Virgin.

What exactly is the plan to develop a consistent offensive system over all three levels, (Freshman, JV and Varsity) that includes QB development at St. Ed?

Anyone?

Last edited by sehs73; 11-18-09 at 09:07 PM..
Old 11-18-09, 11:02 PM
All American

ams eds fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs73 View Post
Who cares who we play? We haven't had a winning record over the past THREE years. Our schedule doesn't matter. If this continues we'll have trouble beating the Sisters of the Sorrowful Virgin.

What exactly is the plan to develop a consistent offensive system over all three levels, (Freshman, JV and Varsity) that includes QB development at St. Ed?

Anyone?
I think one of the biggest problems is that we still act as though we are one of the top programs in the state and other people act that way as well. We consistently play a meat grinder of a schedule and for the most part that is out of necessity as other programs, in particular publics, will not play us. We need to go back to the basics and realize we are AVERAGE. Then and only then can we build up to a high caliber program again. It could be one year, it could be two, it could even be more but we need to do it. We need to be broken down and then build up.

We had a winning season last year, by the way.
Old 11-19-09, 11:42 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams eds fan View Post
I think one of the biggest problems is that we still act as though we are one of the top programs in the state and other people act that way as well. We consistently play a meat grinder of a schedule and for the most part that is out of necessity as other programs, in particular publics, will not play us. We need to go back to the basics and realize we are AVERAGE. Then and only then can we build up to a high caliber program again. It could be one year, it could be two, it could even be more but we need to do it. We need to be broken down and then build up.

the players are there!!!! lets be honest, hate to beat the dead horse but eds developed a QB in lavisky from his soph year. lavisky took his lumps soph year and took a avg team at best his junior year to playoffs at 6-4. while that was happening eds lost a good QB after freshman year cause he said he did not want to sit behind lavisky. so fast forward to this year and lavisky quit for reasons we all heard, and plaggins (spelling?) who was the good QB eds had took rocky river to playoffs. go figure!!! this years team was very young and really needed lavisky leadership plus play behind center. next year with all the seniors playing will not need QB to carry so much of load. expect better and stronger play next year. no excuses 14-15 returning senior starters.it is what it is!!! a string of bad luck or what ever you want to call it to make you feel better!! adversity makes you stronger. go eds !!!!!
Old 11-19-09, 12:22 PM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
LG-Legand,

Someday you will learn that making excuses gets you no where. The sooner you realize, the better off you will be.
Old 11-19-09, 01:48 PM
All Ohio

LibertyTrails is on a distinguished road
I actually agree with LC.

If Lavisky is around, Ed's makes the playoffs with ease and is probably in contention for a home game. One player on the HS level, especially at that position, makes a world of difference.

Ed's had a very good OL, capable RB's, a solid TE, and some nice WR's. They were a player short on O and it happened to be at the most important position. I think Ed's at the very least goes 7-3 if Alex would have played and possibly 8-2.
Old 11-19-09, 02:00 PM
All Region

EAGLEOFEDS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyTrails View Post
I actually agree with LC.

If Lavisky is around, Ed's makes the playoffs with ease and is probably in contention for a home game. One player on the HS level, especially at that position, makes a world of difference.

Ed's had a very good OL, capable RB's, a solid TE, and some nice WR's. They were a player short on O and it happened to be at the most important position. I think Ed's at the very least goes 7-3 if Alex would have played and possibly 8-2.
I agree with Liberty Trails and LC Legands. No one is making excuses, it is what it is! We had ANOTHER coaching change withing 3 years. C'mon man, Rome wasn't built in a day. For anyone to have expected a winning season after losing at least three key players, having another major coaching change and an entire system change for that matter, is crazy. That isn't an excuse, it is a fact! You expected too much. We are all frustrated with the situation; but for alum to come on to a public forum and whine and rant about our football program is ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and think BEFORE you post. Don't forget, players (14-18 year olds) read these forums too. This coaching staff needs to be given a fair chance to systematically develop a team. Alum and crazy parents complaining after the 1st year is not the answer. This program needs time, stability and QUIET, not interfering alum!

And am eds fan, the players and team are better than average.

Last edited by EAGLEOFEDS; 11-19-09 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 11-19-09, 03:58 PM
All American

ams eds fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLEOFEDS View Post
I agree with Liberty Trails and LC Legands. No one is making excuses, it is what it is! We had ANOTHER coaching change withing 3 years. C'mon man, Rome wasn't built in a day. For anyone to have expected a winning season after losing at least three key players, having another major coaching change and an entire system change for that matter, is crazy. That isn't an excuse, it is a fact! You expected too much. We are all frustrated with the situation; but for alum to come on to a public forum and whine and rant about our football program is ridiculous. Do yourself a favor and think BEFORE you post. Don't forget, players (14-18 year olds) read these forums too. This coaching staff needs to be given a fair chance to systematically develop a team. Alum and crazy parents complaining after the 1st year is not the answer. This program needs time, stability and QUIET, not interfering alum!

Players? Absolutely.
Team? If they are it is infinitesimally.
Old 11-20-09, 03:53 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Certainly even this year's team is an above average D1 team. If they played an average D1 schedule, they'd win more than 5 games.

Were they a championship contending teams this year? No. They'll need to get better to be considered in that category.
Old 11-21-09, 08:07 PM
All Region

sehs73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ams eds fan View Post
Yes, I stand corrected. It was so bad, I tried to forget about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLEOFEDS View Post

I would hope it is not the intent of any alum to "whine and rant" about the performance of 14 to 18 year old kids. Your point is well taken. Having made your point, you should also appreciate that these 14 to 18 year old student athletes, who dedicate countless hours to train and practice, deserve to be afforded a program that is competitive with the major programs they are competing against. I don't think anyone should ever criticize a student athlete on the internet, (or in any public forum), and I also feel the new coaching staff deserves a chance to prove themselves. That said, a forum like this affords those who support St Ed, and follow the program, to point out the obvious.

I want St. Ed to succeed, but pointing out that we are 5-25 against Ignatius over the last thirty meetings is a fact. It's not directed at any student athlete. It's our program.

I hope it changes. Go Eagles.
Old 11-21-09, 11:27 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs73 View Post
Yes, I stand corrected. It was so bad, I tried to forget about it!

I would hope it is not the intent of any alum to "whine and rant" about the performance of 14 to 18 year old kids. Your point is well taken. Having made your point, you should also appreciate that these 14 to 18 year old student athletes, who dedicate countless hours to train and practice, deserve to be afforded a program that is competitive with the major programs they are competing against. I don't think anyone should ever criticize a student athlete on the internet, (or in any public forum), and I also feel the new coaching staff deserves a chance to prove themselves. That said, a forum like this affords those who support St Ed, and follow the program, to point out the obvious.

I want St. Ed to succeed, but pointing out that we are 5-25 against Ignatius over the last thirty meetings is a fact. It's not directed at any student athlete. It's our program.

I hope it changes. Go Eagles.
imo that change will start in 2010 football season. best chance they will have in past four years!!!
Old 12-06-09, 11:04 AM
All Ohio

edssports is on a distinguished road
I see we picked up a team from Pittsburgh for week two next year......Penn Hills High School. Does anyone know the rest of our schedule we only have 5 teams on the schedule on highschoolsports.net and iggy isnt on there yet. So i guess we need 4 more games. Are we going to play erie and X Next year??
Old 12-08-09, 01:31 PM
Scatologist

Looks like Penn Hills is a two year deal with Eds heading to PA in Week 2 of 2011. Nice pick up.

I' think X is back, so we have...

1 Mentor
2 Penn Hills
3 ???? DC?
4 ???? OPEN
5 @ Elder
6 Benedictine
7 ???? Cathedral Prep?
8 St. Xavier
9 @ Moeller
10 St. Ignatius
Old 12-09-09, 01:26 AM
Moderated User

penn hills doesn't look like a power house team. cool helmets for high school. looks just like Florida states helmets. if they pick up cathedral prep thats TWO times to pa and TWO times to cinci not counting whats pulled for the other opens. brutal millage for that season
Old 12-09-09, 08:17 AM
All Ohio

edssports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-legand View Post
penn hills doesn't look like a power house team. cool helmets for high school. looks just like Florida states helmets. if they pick up cathedral prep thats TWO times to pa and TWO times to cinci not counting whats pulled for the other opens. brutal millage for that season
Penn Hills is at Lakewood next year. Erie would be away if they schedule them again with trips to Elder and Moeller....Yikes!!
Old 12-09-09, 10:26 AM
Scatologist

Penn Hills has a PIAA state title in 1995. They still have a decent program, I think.

2009: 4-6
2008: 8-4
2007: 6-5
2006: 10-2

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: