Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-06-17, 12:56 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,412
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
So if he didn't beat her up, just tell us what happened??
The evidence certainly seems to indicate it's possible, perhaps likely, the woman made all this up in an effort to blackmail/get back at him.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-06-17, 01:04 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,155
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
I don't think 14Red has followed the story closely enough to give a valid opinion. He clearly doesn't understand all the facts presented thus far.

Of course, even if he did his opinion still wouldn't be valid.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-06-17, 01:13 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
14red looks moronic on this thread, surprising no one.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-06-17, 02:19 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,635
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Really? You've gotten so hammered you walked into the wrong residence and passed out?
While in college I passed out in weird places with no recollection of the night before many times. Now, it's a bit different with Russillo since he's in his 40's and works for a nationally known tv station. But nonetheless, it's more of an understanding thing than what a lot highly known ppl do.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-06-17, 02:20 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
While in college I passed out in weird places with no recollection of the night before many times. Now, it's a bit different with Russillo since he's in his 40's and works for a nationally known tv station. But nonetheless, it's more of an understanding thing than what a lot highly known ppl do.
Don't you have friends looking out for you?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-06-17, 02:25 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,155
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Most people have never wondered into the wrong home half-naked and fallen asleep.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-06-17, 02:35 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,040
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I have done plenty of dumb things and have been inebriated far beyond what most would call normal yet I always made it to the right house..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-06-17, 02:36 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 5,862
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
I've wandered into some undesirable vagina while hammered, but never someone else's home.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-06-17, 02:36 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: Rayen Stadium
Posts: 9,369
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
While in college I passed out in weird places with no recollection of the night before many times. Now, it's a bit different with Russillo since he's in his 40's and works for a nationally known tv station. But nonetheless, it's more of an understanding thing than what a lot highly known ppl do.
ya think?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-06-17, 02:37 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,635
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Don't you have friends looking out for you?
Now, yes. But in college it's fair game. I'm actually the one now that is like the big brother of all my friends. I kind of take them under my wing when things get out of hand.

I remember one time waking up in a bathroom in college by a toilet. No idea how I even got there, and then I had to walk home because I didn't know where my car was. I only found out where it was once it got towed.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-06-17, 02:55 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,040
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
I've wandered into some undesirable vagina while hammered, but never someone else's home.
My nickname was Frank's Red hot because I put that **** in anything
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-06-17, 03:32 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
My nickname was Frank's Red hot because I put that **** in anything
but we know no one ever called you that.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-06-17, 04:07 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,212
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Who is it about then? Elliot is the one suspended and the one we're discussing.



By that standard, Goodell should have been suspended/fired long ago.
I see you've never managed people before...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-06-17, 04:25 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,412
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
"14red is a moron who isn't to be taken seriously" has more consensus than probably any other topic you could pose on this message board. This is a place where people will bicker over whether the sky is blue, yet your ineptness manages to draw bipartisan agreement.

Let that sink in.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-06-17, 05:06 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,040
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
but we know no one ever called you that.
Ofcourse not lol. But I played fast and loose
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-06-17, 05:07 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,040
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
"14red is a moron who isn't to be taken seriously" has more consensus than probably any other topic you could pose on this message board. This is a place where people will bicker over whether the sky is blue, yet your ineptness manages to draw bipartisan agreement.

Let that sink in.
Well stated
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-06-17, 06:36 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,037
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Most people have never wondered into the wrong home half-naked and fallen asleep.
True

But - hypothetical situation here - if there was a common area in a condo community with a hot tub or pool, and an individual partied there a bit too long and got a little crossed up going to the wrong sliding patio door, such a thing could happen easily enough.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-06-17, 06:48 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 5,218
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Hang in there Red, if you're pizzing off the clones its a good day
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-07-17, 07:23 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,212
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
The evidence certainly seems to indicate it's possible, perhaps likely, the woman made all this up in an effort to blackmail/get back at him.
Very possible, but my thought still is...if you're the NFL, do you really want to go through all this for a lover's spat?? I think there is something here, and the NFL definitely wants to come down hard on violence against women.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-07-17, 07:27 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,212
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Hang in there Red, if you're pizzing off the clones its a good day
I think most of them wake up pizzed off...I just thought it was refreshing to see someone just admit a mistake, apologize and move on. It's Thursday, Russillo came on Tuesday an owned it, took 5 minutes and it's not been mentioned again. We are mostly a very forgiving people.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-07-17, 07:34 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Very possible, but my thought still is...if you're the NFL, do you really want to go through all this for a lover's spat?? I think there is something here, and the NFL definitely wants to come down hard on violence against women.
Just curious. If you are Elliot, what do you say in your press conference?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-07-17, 08:21 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I just thought it was refreshing to see someone just admit a mistake, apologize and move on.
And then tried to tie in Ezekiel Elliott as it were remotely close to the same situation.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-07-17, 08:37 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,155
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Very possible, but my thought still is...if you're the NFL, do you really want to go through all this for a lover's spat?? I think there is something here, and the NFL definitely wants to come down hard on violence against women.
No doubt the NFL wants to do that, but everyone is still due fair process which clearly was violated here. Everyone is also innocent until proven guilty.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-07-17, 09:12 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 14,482
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
True

But - hypothetical situation here - if there was a common area in a condo community with a hot tub or pool, and an individual partied there a bit too long and got a little crossed up going to the wrong sliding patio door, such a thing could happen easily enough.
This happened to my brother's buddy while he was staying down in Florida. Lucky for him the older couple that lived there was cool about it and even offered him some coffee when he woke up on their couch in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-07-17, 09:38 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,412
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
if you're the NFL, do you really want to go through all this for a lover's spat?? I think there is something here, and the NFL definitely wants to come down hard on violence against women.
The NFL under Goodell has a track record of screwing these things up. See: Ray Rice.

Using the logic of "the NFL would make the right decision and therefore the decision they made must be right" is pure idiocy.

There doesn't need to be any mystery here. The NFL's own report on the matter was released. If you actually take the time to read it(which you clearly haven't) then you'll see they find no firm evidence of any domestic abuse by Elliot, a lot of evidence this was a blackmail/revenge plot by the woman, and their own experts conclude there is not sufficient evidence for discipline.

The NFL has the right to discipline him for not cooperating with the investigation, but the idea Elliot would be better off confessing to a crime he likely didn't commit was your suggestion and dumb even by your standards.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-08-17, 07:41 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,412
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Elliot eligible to play full season after a district court granted a temporary injunction.

Let this serve as yet another reminder that no one should ever take 14red's advice.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-08-17, 07:47 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 5,862
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
I can't laugh at 14Red anymore, it's just sad at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-08-17, 08:47 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,155
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
The NFL clearly violated due process. They definitely crossed a line ethically as well imo.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-08-17, 09:01 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
I can't laugh at 14Red anymore, it's just sad at this point.
I can.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-08-17, 10:06 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,738
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
The language the judge used in his decision was pretty awesome. Totally b-tch smacked Roger.

The Court recognizes and acknowledges that under ordinary circumstances, the denial of witnesses and documentary evidence falls within the discretion of the arbitrator. Brady II, 820 F.3d at 545 (citing United Paperworkers, 484 U.S. at 40); Am. Eagle Airlines, Inc., 343 F.3d at 405. However, the set of facts presented in this case are everything but ordinary and are such that the denial of key witnesses and documents amounts to serious misconduct by the arbitrator.

Fundamental unfairness is present throughout the entire arbitration process. Due to such fundamental unfairness, the Court’s intervention is justified. The NFLPA was not given the opportunity to discharge its burden to show that Goodell’s decision was arbitrary and capricious. At every turn, Elliott and the NFLPA were denied the evidence or witnesses needed to meet their burden. Fundamental unfairness infected this case from the beginning, eventually killing any possibility that justice would be served. Accordingly, the Court finds that the NFLPA demonstrated a substantial likelihood of success on the merits.

The arbitration record shows that the NFL, at the very least, turned a blind eye to Roberts’s dissenting opinion. This entire set of circumstances was put in front of Henderson. It is in this light the Court views Henderson’s decisions to exclude Thompson and Commissioner Goodell as necessary witnesses, as gross errors resulting in a fundamentally unfair hearing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz