Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-05-17, 02:07 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Ryen Russillo / ESPN Radio host - suspension

This is probably a little thin for a topic, but I thought it may be worthy.

Ryen Russillo, an ESPN personality and radio talk show host, was arrested a few weeks ago in Colorado. He was on vacation, got drunk one night and stumbled into the wrong condo - half naked and fell asleep. Russillo was suspended by ESPN for two weeks and returned today.

Here is my point on the whole case. He came on today's show, gave a heartfelt 5-6 minute apology and basically threw himself on the mercy of his listeners. Many obviously had killed him the last two weeks on social media and many questioned ESPN for even bringing him back.

I think this is a great teaching point. Russillo is a public figure and owned the entire incident, which he should. I just wish our other pro athletes / coaches/ hollywood stars would take a cue and just own up to your mistakes! One going on right now is Zeke Elliott. If he'd have just came out and owned this from the jump, it would be long done and over with.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-17, 04:42 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I think most of us can relate to Russillo because many of us have been there before. We've had a few too many and have not made the smartest of decisions following that. What Zeke allegedly did is way different. That's not something the common person has dealt with. At least I hope not.

My two cents.
Old 09-05-17, 05:39 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Well considering Elliot's case would involve him going to jail if guilty, and that there's a good amount of evidence he actually is innocent, that would seem a pretty stupid thing to do.
Old 09-05-17, 06:00 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Well considering Elliot's case would involve him going to jail if guilty, and that there's a good amount of evidence he actually is innocent, that would seem a pretty stupid thing to do.
Agreed.

Even the NFL's investigator (a woman in fact) recommended no suspension for Elliott because the case against him is weak.
Old 09-05-17, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
14red is such a moron.
Old 09-06-17, 07:06 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Thanks for giving a good laugh this morning, Red!
Old 09-06-17, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post

Ryen Russillo, an ESPN personality and radio talk show host, was arrested a few weeks ago in Colorado. He was on vacation, got drunk one night and stumbled into the wrong condo - half naked and fell asleep. Russillo was suspended by ESPN for two weeks and returned today.

Here is my point on the whole case. He came on today's show, gave a heartfelt 5-6 minute apology and basically threw himself on the mercy of his listeners. Many obviously had killed him the last two weeks on social media and many questioned ESPN for even bringing him back.

I think this is a great teaching point. Russillo is a public figure and owned the entire incident, which he should. I just wish our other pro athletes / coaches/ hollywood stars would take a cue and just own up to your mistakes! One going on right now is Zeke Elliott. If he'd have just came out and owned this from the jump, it would be long done and over with.
Amen
Old 09-06-17, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I think most of us can relate to Russillo because many of us have been there before. We've had a few too many and have not made the smartest of decisions following that. What Zeke allegedly did is way different. That's not something the common person has dealt with. At least I hope not.

My two cents.
Really? You've gotten so hammered you walked into the wrong residence and passed out?
Old 09-06-17, 08:22 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post

My two cents.
No doubt about that, my point is I'd like to see our athletes just own their mistakes, instead of fighting them.
Old 09-06-17, 08:24 AM
All American

Quote:
I'm almost sure that Elliott would not go to jail, he's got too much money and access to good lawyers. Why not just take the suspension, get it over with and by mid season, he's playing again and this is all just a memory.
Old 09-06-17, 08:29 AM
All American

Quote:
I'm almost sure that Elliott would not go to jail, he's got too much money and access to good lawyers. Why not just take the suspension, get it over with and by mid season, he's playing again and this is all just a memory.
He loses roughly 1/3 of his salary this year plus having to pay back some of his $16.35 million signing bonus. Not fighting this makes it look like he knows he's guilty of beating up a woman, why would someone who thinks he is innocent want that image out there?
Old 09-06-17, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
What if he didn't beat up that woman, should he just admit it because he has good lawyers? I'm sure you'd have all kinds of respect for him then, right?
Old 09-06-17, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
While I realize that "14" may signify the wattage of a symbolic light bulb that appears when an idea pops into 14Red's noggin, he has got to be trolling. No one is that dumb
Old 09-06-17, 08:55 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
What if he didn't beat up that woman, should he just admit it because he has good lawyers? I'm sure you'd have all kinds of respect for him then, right?
C'mon EP, you don't think there is some guilt here at all?? Look, we've seen this bozo's act for 5 years now, he's a bad apple, he got away with all kinds of crap in Cbus because he's a Buckeye football player. Now that he's out of the Buckeye shield, he gets nabbed. Just own it and move on.
Old 09-06-17, 08:57 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
He loses roughly 1/3 of his salary this year plus having to pay back some of his $16.35 million signing bonus. Not fighting this makes it look like he knows he's guilty of beating up a woman, why would someone who thinks he is innocent want that image out there?
Elliott makes millions, with an "s", he'll have bigger paydays. He's calling the NFL's bluff and they aren't blinking.
Old 09-06-17, 09:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Elliott makes millions, with an "s", he'll have bigger paydays. He's calling the NFL's bluff and they aren't blinking.
Unless he blows out his knee this year. He does not make millions. He makes $1.5 million this year and just lost 1/3 of that. If he blows his knee out, he won't make another dime playing football. That doesn't even mention you didn't touch on the fact that if he doesn't fight this it's the PR equivalent of saying "hey, I beat her up."
Old 09-06-17, 09:07 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think this is a great teaching point. Russillo is a public figure and owned the entire incident, which he should.
Gotta teach those ESPN guys a lesson. If only his name was Michael Irvin .......
Old 09-06-17, 09:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Why not just take the suspension, get it over with and by mid season, he's playing again and this is all just a memory.
Maybe if he didn't in fact beat a woman, which is what the evidence suggests, then he isn't cool with being accused of doing so and losing 33% of his salary because of it?

Just a guess.
Old 09-06-17, 09:19 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
While I realize that "14" may signify the wattage of a symbolic light bulb that appears when an idea pops into 14Red's noggin, he has got to be trolling. No one is that dumb
I have been saying that for awhile. Just look at the reds thread for the best examples. Literally every post he makes just makes you shake your head
Old 09-06-17, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

I think that's just giving him too much credit. I think he's just profoundly stupid.
Old 09-06-17, 10:35 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
C'mon EP, you don't think there is some guilt here at all?? Look, we've seen this bozo's act for 5 years now, he's a bad apple, he got away with all kinds of crap in Cbus because he's a Buckeye football player. Now that he's out of the Buckeye shield, he gets nabbed. Just own it and move on.
Agreed, Ohio State is to blame.
Old 09-06-17, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
I wonder what Ted is up to ?
Old 09-06-17, 11:49 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Agreed, Ohio State is to blame.
I would say they have some blame to the individual Elliott is, sure. This is the same old song and dance of popular athletes feeling they are above the law, and big time colleges ( not just Ohio State) continue to allow these things to happen.
Old 09-06-17, 11:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Maybe if he didn't in fact beat a woman, which is what the evidence suggests, then he isn't cool with being accused of doing so and losing 33% of his salary because of it?

Just a guess.
This isn't just specifically about Elliott, it's about the NFL's personal conduct policy, which the players union agreed upon. Goddell has a responsibility to protect the image of the NFL. If you make the NFL look bad, you can be disciplined. Elliott is a multi time offender, and has a history of poor decisions, I see nothing wrong with sitting him for part of a season to straighten the kid out.
Old 09-06-17, 11:56 AM
All American

Quote:
Unless he blows out his knee this year. He does not make millions. He makes $1.5 million this year and just lost 1/3 of that. If he blows his knee out, he won't make another dime playing football. That doesn't even mention you didn't touch on the fact that if he doesn't fight this it's the PR equivalent of saying "hey, I beat her up."
So because he may blow out a knee, we just allow athletes to do what they want so they can "make money" in their short careers. Look at it from this side if you can...do you really think the NFL would discipline one of their young stars, on one of the favorite franchises in the league, if there was no evidence Elliott did anything wrong??? This isn't a court case, this is the NFL, doing their own investigation and deciding there was enough to discipline the kid. They are not kicking him out of football forever. It's 6 games of a probable 100 game NFL career.
Old 09-06-17, 12:00 PM
All American

Quote:
So because he may blow out a knee, we just allow athletes to do what they want so they can "make money" in their short careers. Look at it from this side if you can...do you really think the NFL would discipline one of their young stars, on one of the favorite franchises in the league, if there was no evidence Elliott did anything wrong??? This isn't a court case, this is the NFL, doing their own investigation and deciding there was enough to discipline the kid. They are not kicking him out of football forever. It's 6 games of a probable 100 game NFL career.
Nope, that's not what I said. You asked why he wouldn't just go along with this. I said he obviously thinks he is innocent and is losing a significant amount of money. How stupid are you that you forget your own question? Not to mention, which you have shockingly glossed over again, not fighting this is akin to admitting he did beat her up.
Old 09-06-17, 12:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Nope, that's not what I said. You asked why he wouldn't just go along with this. I said he obviously thinks he is innocent and is losing a significant amount of money. How stupid are you that you forget your own question? Not to mention, which you have shockingly glossed over again, not fighting this is akin to admitting he did beat her up.
So if he didn't beat her up, just tell us what happened?? Pretty simple to me. And I turned it back to you, do you think the NFL likes this kind of publicity? If there was nothing there, this would have been dismissed months ago.
Old 09-06-17, 12:50 PM
All American

Quote:
So if he didn't beat her up, just tell us what happened?? Pretty simple to me. And I turned it back to you, do you think the NFL likes this kind of publicity? If there was nothing there, this would have been dismissed months ago.
Uh what do you think he has been doing?
Old 09-06-17, 12:52 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Fact of the matter is it sounds like nothing illegak happened and the NFL is trying to save fave. Imagine that! Roger making his truth
Old 09-06-17, 12:55 PM
All American

Quote:
This isn't just specifically about Elliott
Who is it about then? Elliot is the one suspended and the one we're discussing.

Quote:
If you make the NFL look bad, you can be disciplined.
By that standard, Goodell should have been suspended/fired long ago.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: