Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-29-17, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
But it wouldn't make sense, same reason he didn't follow through on his threats to LF before. Same reason the King's guard at River Run didn't back Blackfish. He was under command.

Barring command from Arryn, his was to protect LF, regardless he didn't want to. That's why LF went to him. I'd be disappointed if they didn't follow up on this, it was an obvious betrayal. For that matter, same could be said of the Starks.
Littlefinger was in that position because he killed Lysa Arryn and helped in the murder of Jon Arryn. Not exactly someone deserving protection from the Vale.
Old 08-29-17, 04:28 PM
All Ohio

bob22 is on a distinguished road
^^^^

This. Robin would probably be upset he didn't get to see the bad man fly.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Last edited by bob22; 08-29-17 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-29-17, 05:05 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Also off topic but since Lotr visits: what happened to the "The Last Ship" thread? It's started back up, three episodes in.
It's probably back on page 10 of the General thread. BTW, I like that they've changed the local, the sunny med is always fun!
Old 08-29-17, 05:15 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
It would be helpful if Yappi's search function wasn't nearly useless
Old 08-29-17, 09:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Think so? I doubt Jamie. Using Littlefinger would be a nice touch.

The Night King and his Army are not far away. All the BS should be ending soon and they should be fighting the dead fulltime right?

It was snowing in the South as Jamie rode off.
Well if the writers follow thru with what they wrote in season 3, then Arya will meet with a certain Red Priestess.

I wish they hadn't rushed this season so much. The snow over Kings Landing (and the music played over it ) would have been a great episode ending in it's own right. Instead we got a rushed Jon is a Targ reveal and part of the wall coming down.

Last edited by bob22; 08-29-17 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-30-17, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Might have been fun to let Cercei know the other half of the partnership that killed her kid, before killing LF. Could put in him a dungeon with the Dorners and that nun. Word will get out. Arya in a LF face down in King's Landing, might be a who gets who first.
Old 08-30-17, 04:14 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
When does the next season start? Is the next one supposed to be the last?
Old 08-30-17, 04:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
When does the next season start? Is the next one supposed to be the last?
Yes it's the last season. Filming starts in October. Typically that takes 5 to 6 months but I've read it may be longer this time around. Won't air until late 2018 early 2019

Old 08-30-17, 05:40 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
I hope I live that long.

It will definitely be worth the wait. I wonder how much will be leaked? I have to imagine at this point, with the popularity and suspense to end, folks will pay big money for leaks. Even more than they already have. God knows eastisbest will cheat and watch.

Thanks bob.
Old 08-30-17, 06:28 PM
All Yappi

pssshhh, I'm not waiting. I making my own Game of Thrones Lego movie.
Old 09-04-17, 07:10 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
any thoughts on the theory that the final scene will be Sam writing the chronicles of the entire series?

In other words, Sam being the Author of the Game of Thrones story (in a historical sense).
Old 09-04-17, 11:41 AM
All Ohio

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
any thoughts on the theory that the final scene will be Sam writing the chronicles of the entire series?

In other words, Sam being the Author of the Game of Thrones story (in a historical sense).
A possibility for the show because it is simple, familiar and easy for the show writers.

Not happening in the books, because it copies LOTR. GRRM respects Tolkien but thought his ideas were too simple and geared more towards a good vs evil, with good prevaliing. ASOIAF was always more about the politics, reality, and the consequences not glories of war. The series is less about the fantasy and more about the power structures. If it does actually get an ending it won't be Sam writing a book telling everyone what was good and bad and why we should do the good.
Old 09-04-17, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

Just re-watched Season 5 ep 1, The Wars to Come. I recall it, one of the better no action episodes particularly with hindsight.

This had the scene with young Cersei and the witch. Got to wondering if the young black haired girl with Cersei is the same as the present day servant that came to mimic Cersei's hairstyle and look. That was creepy, I suppose there's more to that story.

Several of the one-liners were ones we came to hear again. "Good luck in the wars to come" was one of them. It was also about this episode we started to learn, this whole thing has been put into motion by two men, Varys and Littlefinger, one now dead and the other's predicted.

What exactly was Littlefinger's history? I presume from Riverrun? He couldn't have been low-born like Varys, since he knew Catlyn? And he had a valarian daggar. Even after seven seasons, it's still difficult for me to piece together all the places and family origins and I'm afraid at this point, the books with their different and untold story might just be too different to enjoy as I should. I guess there's wiki...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: