Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-13-17, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Right, so they didn't call for her firing.

Slandering the President is just not a good idea. She's a moron.
She increased her black cred, though. Niche marketing.
Old 09-13-17, 07:33 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Says the guy who posts on the Yappi debate board during work.
What's your problem Neo? What makes you think I'm at work? It's very creepy how you stalk me.
Old 09-13-17, 07:38 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I bet we can't die off fast enough for you!
Don't be sensitive. It's a fact old people are the ones continuing to watch bloated commentary shows rather than just go to the internet(in sports, news, and other arenas.) It's also a fact old people die. These factors mean ESPN and others have to reexamine what the market wants. So far, they've misfired badly. And in far more ways than allowing liberal trash like Jemele Hill to pollute their airwaves.
Old 09-13-17, 08:30 PM
Varsity

GreenBoy is on a distinguished road
IMHO .... If the tables were turned and a white sports personality said what she did ... this person would be fired. Its a "no tolerance offense and she should be fired". Frankly Jemele Hill's comments mirror those of a black supremacist and a racist. At the very least ... hateful. Difficult to defend her behavior and words.
Old 09-13-17, 10:44 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Guys it's fine. She said she realizes her actions were inappropriate. I'm sure she means it.
Old 09-14-17, 06:58 AM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Free speech on your own time not when you are getting paid to do a job.
So you dont have a problem with her then. She posted these statements on twitter and NOT on ESPN. Or is freedom of speech not allowed????? She has her opinion, you have yours
Old 09-14-17, 07:07 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Is that better?
Much better, Yappi!
Old 09-14-17, 07:16 AM
All World

Alot of people have criticized and called Obama, Clinton, Bush and now Trump names. Should everyone be fired for expressing their opinion? If you use companies time, platform and resources to express or say outrages things like Schilling and Ditka, then you might be fired. She gave her opinion, on Twitter, she didnt threaten trump. Ted Nugent said CRAZY stuff about Obama all the time, was anybody calling for his head??? I think Trump hosted him at the WH
Old 09-14-17, 07:20 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Who did Ted Nugent work for?
Old 09-14-17, 07:37 AM
All American

Quote:
I bet we can't die off fast enough for you!

As for espn wanting their announcers to "embrace debate" don't you think they meant sports debates and NOT political ones? Only an imbecile within espn could believe that a sports network would gain viewers by stoking political controversy. The ONLY debate the sports viewer is interested in at espn would be along the lines of this:

"In college football, the SEC is way overrated and the B1G is underrated"

Now that will get sports fans talking. BTW, I don't think espn thought people wanted political debate that slanted left. I think the people running espn & Disney live in a progressive left bubble where all correct thinking folks lean left.
And yet there are dozens and dozens of conversations, on Yappi, about Kaep and Bennett strictly because of politics. Many that you participated in. Many that sports fans all across the country are talking about.
Old 09-14-17, 07:38 AM
All American

Long, but good article on theringer about ESPN and the direction Sportscenter is going. A lot of it is from Hill and Smith's perspectives but still interesting to read.
https://www.theringer.com/2017/9/13/...center-the-six
Old 09-14-17, 07:45 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Who did Ted Nugent work for?
The Outdoor Channel. Spirit of the Wild. You've never seen it? He puts some food on the ground, hides in a tree, shoots whatever comes to eat it, then basically has an orgasm.
Old 09-14-17, 07:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
Alot of people have criticized and called Obama, Clinton, Bush and now Trump names.
There is no comparison between the treatment Bush & Trump have received to the treatment Clinton & Obama received. I'm sure there were fringe lunatics calling Obama and Clinton Hitler, but not to near the same degree.

And if you don't think a white anchor saying the same thing about Obama bring a black supremacist would have gotten them fired by ESPN, you're not living in reality.
Old 09-14-17, 08:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
There is no comparison between the treatment Bush & Trump have received to the treatment Clinton & Obama received. I'm sure there were fringe lunatics calling Obama and Clinton Hitler, but not to near the same degree.

And if you don't think a white anchor saying the same thing about Obama bring a black supremacist would have gotten them fired by ESPN, you're not living in reality.
C'mon Neo. Has to be tongue in cheek right?
Old 09-14-17, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
It's interesting to watch the left try to minimize what this lady said. One of the foundational elements of leftist progressive thinking is that racism can only flow one way and that's from "white" to "black". They refuse to acknowledge any other form of racism or they try to hide it like the ongoing strife between Latino's & African Americans in LA where you have ethnic cleansing going on right under our noses.

This is what makes the utterances of the otherwise non-entity Jemele Hill so compelling. Only a liar or very ignorant person would believe that if a white sports personality at espn called president Obama a "black supremacist" & racist they wouldn't be out of a job in a heart beat. And if Jemele was alone in saying something like this it wouldn't be a big deal but she is the tip of the iceberg. This type of thinking is endemic within the left.

IMO this is why improvements in race relations has stalled and are even worsening. The double standard that our society practices in all things race related can not be sustained. Because if one side of the ideological spectrum can not see the deep racism of what Hill said then there can be no reconciliation.

As an aside even if you don't buy into my argument above doesn't Hill's careless claim of "white supremacy" & racism lesson the impact of what those two phrases truly mean. She is acting like the proverbial boy who cried wolf. At what point do the words "white supremacy" & "racism" lose all meaning when they are thrown about so casually?
Old 09-14-17, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

You are right NEO. The major difference is that those on the right calling Obama & Clinton names were well out of the mainstream. In contrast what Bush and even more so Trump has had to endure comes directly from the main stream.
Old 09-14-17, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

Trump himself led the birther movement and the entire right wing media and most politicians played along. And most if not all right leaning media spoke very freely and disparagingly of Obama regarding race relations, and of his own "questionable" mixed race and heritage, so... your "well out of the mainstream" is delusional. But whatever makes you feel good snowflake.
Old 09-14-17, 09:26 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
It so sad these days the lack of respect that is given to our leaders. Donald Trump, like it or not, is the President of the United States. Jamelle Hill can have her opinions and express them privately to her friends, but she's well known because she works at ESPN. I'm shocked she's not at least suspended, much less unemployed.

Sad...
Old 09-14-17, 09:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
It so sad these days the lack of respect that is given to our leaders. Donald Trump, like it or not, is the President of the United States. Jamelle Hill can have her opinions and express them privately to her friends, but she's well known because she works at ESPN. I'm shocked she's not at least suspended, much less unemployed.

Sad...
Yup. Now it is sad, lol. More sad is the President's level of respect and own behavior - he's POTUS.
Old 09-14-17, 09:43 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I go to ESPN to watch sports. I don't care about Lavar Ball or what this girl has to say.

She should be let go for saying what she did, whether she's accurate or not.
Old 09-14-17, 10:02 AM
All World

Quote:

Lol, I'm sure Obama would disagree.Trump has been in office 9months n he had it worse than both? Lol. Clinton brought a lot on himself with his transgressions. Doubt Trump would stand for a woman like Brewer wagging her finger in his face. Obama has dealt with more disrespectful things than any other President. As far as anchors, ever heard of Glen Beck, he called Obama a racist on air. Kept his job. Do I even have to mention Hannity?? Reality.....facts....
Old 09-14-17, 10:03 AM
All World

Quote:
You are right NEO. The major difference is that those on the right calling Obama & Clinton names were well out of the mainstream. In contrast what Bush and even more so Trump has had to endure comes directly from the main stream.
Is FOX not mainstream??
Old 09-14-17, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
Lol, I'm sure Obama would disagree.Trump has been in office 9months n he had it worse than both? Lol. Clinton brought a lot on himself with his transgressions. Doubt Trump would stand for a woman like Brewer wagging her finger in his face. Obama has dealt with more disrespectful things than any other President. As far as anchors, ever heard of Glen Beck, he called Obama a racist on air. Kept his job. Do I even have to mention Hannity?? Reality.....facts....
Old 09-14-17, 11:26 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Guessing sports prophet is black
Old 09-14-17, 12:22 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Ted Nugent said horrible things about Obama, many of which are as bad as calling Trump a straight up white supremacist. The comparison is valid
Old 09-14-17, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
OK. So Ted Nugent called Obama some bad things. Almost EVERYONE in mainstream media is calling Trump terrible things. The comparison is only valid in that yes, someone called Obama terrible things. It falls apart when you say its equal because the sheer volume of people saying terrible things about Trump, including state lawmakers wanting him to be assassinated, far outweighs any similar comments about Obama.

If you're denying that then you're being purposely stupid.
Old 09-14-17, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Guessing sports prophet is black
What gave it away?
Old 09-14-17, 12:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Ted Nugent said horrible things about Obama, many of which are as bad as calling Trump a straight up white supremacist. The comparison is valid
Nugent is a crazy person who hasn't been relevant since the 70's.
Old 09-14-17, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nugent is a crazy person who hasn't been relevant since the 70's.
I don't know. I liked some of his work with Damn Yankees.
Old 09-14-17, 12:56 PM
All Yappi

We are really debating who disrespects who more? Comical.

It is Republicans by a landslide btw. Very partisan bunch you are. Tsk tsk tsk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: