Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-08-17, 11:56 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
Maybe a bit off topic, but that area around UC has really changed in the last 5 years. My son visited their a few months back, and we had my niece show us around a bit (she graduated in 2009). She was blown away by the new construction and how the rough areas between campus and downtown have shrunk.
Yeah, all the work they did on Calhoun paid off.
Old 09-08-17, 11:59 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
I'm in my third year at UC now and I've never once heard gunshots. I don't live in Clifton but I've been there all times of day. UC is much safer than X now, which has Avondale right next door.
The students who live off campus are in Norwood, which isn't great, but not what I'd consider dangerous. Some might live on the edge of what is technically Avondale, but it's North Avondale, which isn't a rough area.
Old 09-08-17, 01:17 PM
All American

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Think I found a spot in west central America that is safe in relative terms.

To be truly safe I believe people also need to be scarce. Took a drive west of Colorado Springs this summer and 30 miles west of the city you are at about 7000 feet ( no flood plane) and sheltered from tornadoes ( mountains entirely encircled area) . Fresh water via mountain streams ( think the Platt River originates in this area) . Earth quakes are not a concern as well as low risk of volcanic eruption when compared to Yellow stone. Grass parrarie means little risk of fire.

People- very few people, biggest threat would be a bullet from a hunter. Hospital 30 minutes to the east in Colorado Springs.
Old 09-08-17, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Think I found a spot in west central America that is safe in relative terms.

To be truly safe I believe people also need to be scarce. Took a drive west of Colorado Springs this summer and 30 miles west of the city you are at about 7000 feet ( no flood plane) and sheltered from tornadoes ( mountains entirely encircled area) . Fresh water via mountain streams ( think the Platt River originates in this area) . Earth quakes are not a concern as well as low risk of volcanic eruption when compared to Yellow stone. Grass parrarie means little risk of fire.

People- very few people, biggest threat would be a bullet from a hunter. Hospital 30 minutes to the east in Colorado Springs.
So few people, you stub a toe and you pass up Gary, In on the "dangerous" list.
Old 09-08-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
Maybe a bit off topic, but that area around UC has really changed in the last 5 years. My son visited their a few months back, and we had my niece show us around a bit (she graduated in 2009). She was blown away by the new construction and how the rough areas between campus and downtown have shrunk.
was it all because of the new trolley line ?
Old 09-08-17, 04:47 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Price Hill
Actually West Price Hill, as long as you do not, buy drugs, sell drugs, or screw someone's girlfriend. That said Ohio, from Columbus South to the Ohio River, is pretty safe. We do not have the lake effect blizzards of the Lake region, nor do we have the ice storms that are common in Kentucky. Keep in mind that we will have one hell of a earthquake some day, although the worst of it will be in Southern Illinois and Southern Indiana. Last time the New Madrid fault really cut loose was 1812. If we had that quake today much of Cincinnati would suffer damage (the 1812 quake is said to have caused the Mississippi River to flow backwards and caused church bells in Philadelphia to ring).
Old 09-08-17, 05:16 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Ohio well represented in safest cities to avoid hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/top-10...ral-disasters/
Old 09-09-17, 09:54 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Actually West Price Hill, as long as you do not, buy drugs, sell drugs, or screw someone's girlfriend. That said Ohio, from Columbus South to the Ohio River, is pretty safe. We do not have the lake effect blizzards of the Lake region, nor do we have the ice storms that are common in Kentucky. Keep in mind that we will have one hell of a earthquake some day, although the worst of it will be in Southern Illinois and Southern Indiana. Last time the New Madrid fault really cut loose was 1812. If we had that quake today much of Cincinnati would suffer damage (the 1812 quake is said to have caused the Mississippi River to flow backwards and caused church bells in Philadelphia to ring).
I wonder if that nuke power plant that has it's cooling water from the Missouri River piped right across the New Madrid Fault, that one two or three days up wind from Ohio's southwest, has a good plan to keep from going all F_kushima Daiichi on us ?
Old 09-09-17, 10:08 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I'm looking at Jackson Hole is a few years. Maybe safer there from the impending nuclear war
Old 09-09-17, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I'm looking at Jackson Hole is a few years. Maybe safer there from the impending nuclear war
You'd be near the predicted Yellowstone volcanic eruption, though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: