Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Volleyball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-01-17, 08:42 AM
All Region

Brambleberry is on a distinguished road
Club Teams 2017/18

Forum has been pretty dead recently, so figured I'd start up the conversation for club ball. Tryouts should be starting up in a few months for the winter session, so not that far off.

Last year Vanguard 18 was clearly superior to Attack 18, and Attack 17 was better than Vanguard 17. I think next year at the 18 level the teams will be pretty much even. The Vanguard 17 team from last year will likely add Mikesch, Pung, and Platfoot. Who will arguably be three of their best players. The Attack 17 team from last year will likely add Kiser, C., McCarthy, and Huber. Those three will also be 3 of their best players.

Will be interesting to see how each team gels and how the head to head matchups go. Since I'm more familiar with the Cincinnati kids, I'll throw out my guess at a starting lineup if someone wants to do the same for Vanguard.

S- Daeschner
S- Peed
OH- Albers
OH- McCarthy
MH- Kiser, C
MH- Schatzman
OPP- Kiser, B or Hilvert
L- Huber
DS- Zelzak (sp?)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-17, 10:22 AM
Varsity

Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
those are all X, Moeller and Elder guys, right?

Will anyone from outside the big three make that team?
Old 08-04-17, 09:52 AM
All Region

Yes they are. My list has 3 from each school. Who would you include instead?
Old 08-07-17, 03:28 PM
Freshman

PF_Flyers is on a distinguished road
You've got 10 on there and you're missing Ryan Devolve, who was on 18-2 last year and will probably make it.

With him, they've got 3 legit 6-rotation outsides in Albers, McCarthy, Devolve. Libero and middle are locked up with the 3 you mentioned, which is already 6 of their 9-10 spots. If they take both Daeschner and Peed, that knocks a hitter (Hilvert or Ben Kiser) or Zelczak off the list you provided. If they decide to go with a 6-2 and have Daeschner hit in the front like he did for Elder, they may elect to drop Zelczak altogether due to a lack of need. If they're committed to having Zelczak for his ability/roster flexibility, it may knock one of the setters off and drop to a 5-1.

One other name to keep an eye on would be Brandon Fulmer. He's bounced between middle and the pins for both Attack and McNick in the past and has been on the top Attack team the past few years. They may take him as the 10th to be an opposite that can also slide in and play middle in a pinch, something Kiser/Hilvert can't do. He'd be the best realistic shot for a guy from outside X/Moeller/Elder to make it.
Old 08-08-17, 03:23 PM
All Region

Forgot about Devolve, good catch. I assume he would be on the top team. I think he played some OPP for Moeller during the season, so he could be the logical choice to play there. I'm going to assume both Peed and Daeschner remain on the 18-1 team next year. Attack seems to lean more towards running a 6-2 unless the coach really prefers one setter over others.

Don't know much about Fulmer, but sounds like the last one or two spots on the 18-1 team will be a competition between him, Hilvert, B Kiser, Devolve, and Zelcak.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: