Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-16-18, 10:18 AM
All District

NEOballer is on a distinguished road
2018 Final State Poll

Final Coaches Poll released today. Any of these teams have an early touranment exit this year? Looks like only one undefeated team, Wapakoneta, across all divisions. Looking forward to seeing who makes it down to Columbus.

https://associationdatabase.com/aws/...on=2018&week=4
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-18, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Are they only doing 4 weeks of polls this year? https://associationdatabase.com/aws/...lteams_results
Old 05-16-18, 10:50 AM
All American

gocomets21 is on a distinguished road
It seemed really odd that not a single Cincinnati team made the polls in Division 2, 3, and 4. I checked out the list of voters, and the coach from Summit is the only Cincinnati area coach who is a voter in those 3 divisions. I know it is just a poll, but it would be nice to see them get a little more balance statewide among the voters.
Old 05-16-18, 11:03 AM
All District

NEOballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Are they only doing 4 weeks of polls this year? https://associationdatabase.com/aws/...lteams_results
Looks like week 1 was delayed a week this year. Probably due to low numbers of results with the weather this spring.
Old 05-16-18, 02:04 PM
All Region

a_td is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOballer View Post
Final Coaches Poll released today. Any of these teams have an early touranment exit this year? Looks like only one undefeated team, Wapakoneta, across all divisions. Looking forward to seeing who makes it down to Columbus.

Wapakoneta lost to St. Henry the other night in a non tournament game.
Old 05-17-18, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOballer View Post
Any of these teams have an early touranment exit this year?

DIII #2 Loudonville lost to DIII #11 Waynedale last night, 4-0. Granted, Waynedale was the #2 seed in the district and Loudonville was the #3. Waynedale faces DIII #9 Hillsdale (#1 seed) tonight.
Old 05-18-18, 07:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
DIII #2 Loudonville lost to DIII #11 Waynedale last night, 4-0. Granted, Waynedale was the #2 seed in the district and Loudonville was the #3. Waynedale faces DIII #9 Hillsdale (#1 seed) tonight.
DIII #11 Waynedale (#2 seed) beat DIII #9 Hillsdale (#1 seed) last night 5-3 in the DIII Creston district championship.
Old 05-19-18, 09:24 AM
Freshman

Zepman44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocomets21 View Post
It seemed really odd that not a single Cincinnati team made the polls in Division 2, 3, and 4. I checked out the list of voters, and the coach from Summit is the only Cincinnati area coach who is a voter in those 3 divisions. I know it is just a poll, but it would be nice to see them get a little more balance statewide among the voters.

The problem is the OHSBCA requires a $100 fee to be a member, which allows you to vote. A lot of teams and potential All State players arenít eligible because of the money grab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-18, 12:35 PM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepman44 View Post
The problem is the OHSBCA requires a $100 fee to be a member, which allows you to vote. A lot of teams and potential All State players arenít eligible because of the money grab.

It's $30.....and the coach gets a lot for that $30. There's no reason other than sheer laziness for any coach not to be a member
Old 05-22-18, 09:29 PM
Freshman

Zepman44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
It's $30.....and the coach gets a lot for that $30. There's no reason other than sheer laziness for any coach not to be a member

Sheer laziness?? Why does it cost $30 to nominate a player or team?? Itís all a money grab.

Old 05-23-18, 07:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepman44 View Post
Sheer laziness?? Why does it cost $30 to nominate a player or team?? Itís all a money grab.
I think that $30 goes toward the annual coaches conference, too, which is a very good one, from what I hear. Just like any organization, there are dues. A perk to being a member is being able to vote.
Old 05-23-18, 08:03 AM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think that $30 goes toward the annual coaches conference, too, which is a very good one, from what I hear. Just like any organization, there are dues. A perk to being a member is being able to vote.
Correct.....great conference/clinic with college coaches, tons of information, etc. The $30 is a small price to pay for all you get, in it's very likely coming from the school, same as if a teacher has to pay for a professional organization.