Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-18, 12:54 PM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 716
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Taylor baseball ........ 4th straight sectional final

Taylor baseball lead by 19 year (I think 19 years now) HC Chris Hannum, are headed to their 4th straight sectional final vs Ross Thursday May 17th 5pm at oak hills HS.

This has been a GREAT run for the jackets. This is the 3rd year in a row they have won the CHL crown as well. The group of young men have been lead all year by Jacob Haussler (18') who has been a varsity starter for baseball all 4 years.

Here's to what has been a GREAT season from their ace's hughes , spivey , Riga and mooney! and to what you haven't accomplished yet but are working towards! GO GET IT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-12-18, 07:14 PM
yj_runfan yj_runfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 1,569
yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Good luck Jackets!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-18, 04:25 PM
EXPRESS EXPRESS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: West of I-75
Posts: 147
EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
I hope they can hit as Ross has solid pitching and Ross will hit good pitching. I think Ross will win this one in a close, low scoring game.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-18, 07:00 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,446
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Taylor and best of luck the rest of the year. I got to see them today (9-3 Elder win) and they have a good team.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-18, 06:31 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 716
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Congrats to Taylor and best of luck the rest of the year. I got to see them today (9-3 Elder win) and they have a good team.
yes it was fun. GL to you all this thurs as well. You guys can hit it!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-18, 07:36 AM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,446
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
yes it was fun. GL to you all this thurs as well. You guys can hit it!
Actually Elder has struggled to get hits (especially extra-base-hits) all year long.

With more and more Elder kids coming from further and further west, I wish these teams would play one another in more sports, more often.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-15-18, 10:47 AM
foreword foreword is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-19-18
Posts: 38
foreword is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Actually Elder has struggled to get hits (especially extra-base-hits) all year long.

With more and more Elder kids coming from further and further west, I wish these teams would play one another in more sports, more often.
Maybe this can be our new "neighborhood rivalry" since we have a strained relationship with Oak Hills........
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-15-18, 12:09 PM
Rusty Anchor Rusty Anchor is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-09-18
Posts: 115
Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
We are celebrating Sectionals now?!?!?! LMAO
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-15-18, 12:55 PM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 642
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Newark Catholic's winning streak of 13 straight District titles came to an end this year. I guess 4 straight sectional finals is good too.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-15-18, 01:32 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 1,128
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
We are celebrating Sectionals now?!?!?! LMAO
I'm proud that my son played at a school that considered losing in the sectional to be a shocking disaster. However, no one ever got cocky about it or demeaned any of their opponents.
I played at a school that considered our goal each year to be the state championship. Although while I was there we didn't achieve that, our legion team did make it to the American Legion World Series. During that time, we respected all of the other schools and teams we played no matter what the result was.
Yes, you may be laughing at the comments from the Taylor fans. Perhaps you think sectional titles are somehow below you. However, you totally miss the spirit of sports at that age -- which is to celebrate achievement and the effort involved.
Thank you, though, for your post. You've made me a Taylor fan.

PS. Congratulations, Taylor!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-15-18, 01:33 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 1,128
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
Newark Catholic's winning streak of 13 straight District titles came to an end this year. I guess 4 straight sectional finals is good too.
Sorry about your NC's streak, Buck_98, but the school's reputation still remains.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-18, 02:12 PM
yj_runfan yj_runfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 1,569
yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
We are celebrating Sectionals now?!?!?! LMAO
I missed the celebration part. More like a statement from one fan. Troll somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-18, 02:22 PM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 642
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
I missed the celebration part. More like a statement from one fan. Troll somewhere else.
That's Rusty. His alter ego will come on soon and say the same thing in a different way to back him up.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-15-18, 02:23 PM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 642
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Sorry about your NC's streak, Buck_98, but the school's reputation still remains.
Can't win them all. If you did it would be no fun. Hopefully Taylor will get past the sectionals and start a new streak in the division finals.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-16-18, 08:36 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 716
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Actually Elder has struggled to get hits (especially extra-base-hits) all year long.

With more and more Elder kids coming from further and further west, I wish these teams would play one another in more sports, more often.
i would love to see it as well. I mean football or basketball doesnt make sense IMO for either side BUT other sports it does for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-16-18, 08:38 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 716
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
Maybe this can be our new "neighborhood rivalry" since we have a strained relationship with Oak Hills........
yea it seems as if the 20+ run game we put on them my junior year , Oak Hills and Taylor havent played one another in a regular season baseball game. (we were loaded my 4 years in HS) i think they had a pre season game scheduled that was rained out.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-16-18, 08:40 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 716
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
We are celebrating Sectionals now?!?!?! LMAO
celebrating ?? im just putting info on the program out there. I am just an Alumni of the school trying to get the kids some positive recognition
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-16-18, 10:05 AM
Rusty Anchor Rusty Anchor is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-09-18
Posts: 115
Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
I missed the celebration part. More like a statement from one fan. Troll somewhere else.
No trolling but you have to be terrible if you do not make the District Championship...no time for the weak Sectionals my dude

Congrats on being just below average.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-16-18, 10:05 AM
Rusty Anchor Rusty Anchor is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-09-18
Posts: 115
Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
celebrating ?? im just putting info on the program out there. I am just an Alumni of the school trying to get the kids some positive recognition
Give them all a ribbon and a lollipop too...sectionals lmao
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-16-18, 10:11 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 716
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
no time for the weak Sectionals my dude

Congrats on being just below average.
weak sectional??

5 of the 6 teams can hang with anyone in this area....

New Richmond
CHCA
Fenwick
Ross
Taylor

I wouldnt call that a "weak" list of teams in the sectional finals for SW ohio
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-16-18, 12:50 PM
OHFball10 OHFball10 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 158
OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
I see what Rusty Anchor is getting at. If a team makes the sectional final, they're an average to above average team. Programs that consistently get to Districts/Regionals are the ones that are the most quality programs.

I'll be interested to see what comes of the Taylor/Ross matchup, as I follow more Dayton area teams. Whoever wins looks to be up against a tough task in #2 Tippecanoe as long as they take care of business in their own sectional final.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-16-18, 01:33 PM
yj_runfan yj_runfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 1,569
yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
I see what Rusty Anchor is getting at. If a team makes the sectional final, they're an average to above average team. Programs that consistently get to Districts/Regionals are the ones that are the most quality programs.

I'll be interested to see what comes of the Taylor/Ross matchup, as I follow more Dayton area teams. Whoever wins looks to be up against a tough task in #2 Tippecanoe as long as they take care of business in their own sectional final.
TAYLOR is not celebrating anything. One fan made a post. The trolling will have no affect.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-16-18, 01:42 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,446
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
i would love to see it as well. I mean football or basketball doesnt make sense IMO for either side BUT other sports it does for sure!
I actually believe football and basketball make sense as well for Elder.

In basketball, Elder plays lower division teams all the time. A home and home with a geographically close opponent would work well.

In football, Elder is ALWAYS looking for local schools willing to play them and Taylor is DII so if they can win 5-6 games it would be worth it for Elder to schedule them.

From Taylor's perspective, it would be a game circled on the schedule vs. a "name" opponent and the $$$$ would be the biggest of the season for the district.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-17-18, 08:01 AM
Rusty Anchor Rusty Anchor is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-09-18
Posts: 115
Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
I see what Rusty Anchor is getting at. If a team makes the sectional final, they're an average to above average team. Programs that consistently get to Districts/Regionals are the ones that are the most quality programs.

I'll be interested to see what comes of the Taylor/Ross matchup, as I follow more Dayton area teams. Whoever wins looks to be up against a tough task in #2 Tippecanoe as long as they take care of business in their own sectional final.
Thank you and praise Jesus....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-17-18, 08:08 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 716
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I actually believe football and basketball make sense as well for Elder.

In basketball, Elder plays lower division teams all the time. A home and home with a geographically close opponent would work well.

In football, Elder is ALWAYS looking for local schools willing to play them and Taylor is DII so if they can win 5-6 games it would be worth it for Elder to schedule them.

From Taylor's perspective, it would be a game circled on the schedule vs. a "name" opponent and the $$$$ would be the biggest of the season for the district.
Basketball maybe more than football IMO

Football for taylor i believe is D4 not D2
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-17-18, 08:55 AM
yj_runfan yj_runfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 1,569
yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
There is NO WAY Taylor would or should step on a football field with Elder. There would be no benefit for either team and it would be ugly.

Taylor's basketball program needs to schedule opponents in lower divisions until they build the program up. Playing a very good D1 team would be pointless. They play Harrison for their D1/D2 neighborhood competition. That is fine.

Taylor hangs with Elder pretty well in track and cross country in most years. Bowling is where Taylor can really hang.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tippecanoe 4th Straight Regional Final Appearance TippIsGreat Girls Basketball 12 03-13-18 09:03 AM
The Margaretta Youth Classic is Feb. 4th! OAC Sectional. Note: Start Times Moved Up! AWC Open Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 0 02-01-18 06:37 PM
The Margaretta Youth Classic is Feb. 4th! OAC Sectional. Note: Start Times Moved Up! AWC Open Wrestling 0 02-01-18 06:36 PM
District Changes riders76 Wrestling 10 11-08-17 09:27 PM
Football Game Final Scores (8/25/17) Yappi Football 73 08-26-17 09:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz