Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-13-18, 07:56 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Really puzzled by this especially the format they are going to.

The GWOC was moving Trotwood to the National, that was going to be voted on which would of obviously passed. That would of left the 10 teams in the American that now will make the MVL. With both sides of the GWOC having 10 teams there would be no need for crossover games between the National and American any more.
Old 05-14-18, 12:29 PM
All District

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'm with those that think Sidney being in with the southern team is more of a short term thing than long term. I too don't like the 9 game conference schedule. It's important that teams have 2-3 non conference games on the schedule for computer points/playoff perspective.
Old 05-14-18, 02:51 PM
All World

serpico is on a distinguished road
The 'more non-conference games equals more Harbin points' argument only works if the league takes care of business in the non-con games. I'm not sure the teams in the south would have a great shot at doing that.
Old 05-14-18, 04:20 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
9 guaranteed games against mostly division 2 teams is a benefit for Tipp, easy wins against schools in a larger division is way more beneficial than losing to Northmont and Trotwood or beating up on Division 4 Graham or Kenton Ridge
Old 05-14-18, 05:08 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Really puzzled by this especially the format they are going to.

The GWOC was moving Trotwood to the National, that was going to be voted on which would of obviously passed. That would of left the 10 teams in the American that now will make the MVL. With both sides of the GWOC having 10 teams there would be no need for crossover games between the National and American any more.
This whole thing is a joke because them schools donít want to compete. But it was cool when the troyís and piquaís Was beating the out of Trotwood and everyone else. And now Lebanon AD donít want to be in the same division with Trotwood. Whatís crazy is the Lebanon AD said out WAYNE,CENTERVILLE,Springfield, and Trotwood in the same division since they Recruit😂😂. He need to hire a good coach that will make them. Itís compete and I even heard Miamisburg HC wants out of the GWOC to go and play in the same conf as his old school Edgewood 😂😂😂😂 all of this is a joke
Old 05-14-18, 06:47 PM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
I disagree with not letting Trotwood in, but I have heard some things about why they wasn't so it is what it is. But Sidney not being placed with Piqua, Greenville and Troy is an absolute joke!

That's my personal opinion about the subject, and that's all i'm going to say about it.
Old 05-14-18, 07:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
3 year Harbin L1 totals.

KR: 31.5, 23,35
Stebbins: 5.5,17.5,37.5
WC: 5,4.5,5.5
Fairborn: 23.5,12,12
Xenia: 11.5,17.5,31

KR would by by far the better Harbin game. Don't let facts get in your way though.
Old 05-14-18, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
9 guaranteed games against mostly division 2 teams is a benefit for Tipp, easy wins against schools in a larger division is way more beneficial than losing to Northmont and Trotwood or beating up on Division 4 Graham or Kenton Ridge
What easy wins do you have that gets you points?
Old 05-14-18, 10:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
What easy wins do you have that gets you points?
With this league Tipp will play Stebbins, West Carrolton, Xenia, Greenville, Sidney and Fairborn. Fairborn has given Tipp 2 good games the past two years but I don’t foresee them being as competitive in the future. That’s 6 almost guaranteed wins against teams all in a division above Tipp except for Greenville. Add in a non conference game against Shawnee or Bellbrook and 6 or 7 wins puts Tipp in the playoffs. And they don’t have to suffer beatings from the likes of Northmont and Trotwood where multiple players get injured. This next year might be a little rough, but the upcoming sophomore class is the best I’ve seen since the 2013 class. With this new league I don’t see why Tipp won’t be frequenting the playoffs again by the time that class becomes juniors. Unfortunately if Tipp doesn’t exceed expectations this coming year Derge may not be around for the new league.
Old 05-15-18, 07:28 AM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
You are over estimating yourself, and underestimating others as usual. Your community must get used to the fact your an average sports town in this bigger division.
Old 05-15-18, 07:35 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Franklin not join this league, at least in my opinion, put them with Fairborn, Xenia, Stebbins, West Carrolton, and Bellbrook? No thanks, you can keep that. If Franklin leaves SWBL it'll be with Edgewood Monroe Bellbrook Talawanda Ross Eaton Valley View would be my hope.
Old 05-15-18, 07:36 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
With this league Tipp will play Stebbins, West Carrolton, Xenia, Greenville, Sidney and Fairborn. Fairborn has given Tipp 2 good games the past two years but I don’t foresee them being as competitive in the future. That’s 6 almost guaranteed wins against teams all in a division above Tipp except for Greenville. Add in a non conference game against Shawnee or Bellbrook and 6 or 7 wins puts Tipp in the playoffs. And they don’t have to suffer beatings from the likes of Northmont and Trotwood where multiple players get injured. This next year might be a little rough, but the upcoming sophomore class is the best I’ve seen since the 2013 class. With this new league I don’t see why Tipp won’t be frequenting the playoffs again by the time that class becomes juniors. Unfortunately if Tipp doesn’t exceed expectations this coming year Derge may not be around for the new league.
I think it's a mistake to assume anything based on the success of an incoming sophomore class, I'll play along though. Tipp's 2017 8th grade class has a Jr. High record of 4-12. Their 2017 7th grade had a record of 2-6. A program is not built on the success of one class. If you want to assume that Tipp's Sophomore class ends up making up a very strong varsity team in a year or 2 fine, maybe they will maybe they won't, but it does nothing to predict consistent long term success.
Old 05-15-18, 09:15 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
I'm not a big fan of playing all 9 other teams in football each year. Only getting 1 non conference game leaves little creativity for scheduling for the ADs.

Sidney is a big geographic outlier in their division, but since they're all playing each other, it really doesn't matter.

Also, if they're all going to play each other every year, why have 2 divisions? Why not just one conference, and one champion?
Old 05-15-18, 09:45 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
I'm not a big fan of playing all 9 other teams in football each year. Only getting 1 non conference game leaves little creativity for scheduling for the ADs.

Sidney is a big geographic outlier in their division, but since they're all playing each other, it really doesn't matter.

Also, if they're all going to play each other every year, why have 2 divisions? Why not just one conference, and one champion?
This is why I think Sidney being in with the southern schools is a short term proposition. I think they start to feel out schools that may want to join the conference asap, but they needed to have all of the i's dotted and t's crossed before they start recruiting schools. Adding 2 schools would allow the league to make up 2 divisions of 6 with Sidney moving up once again with the Northern schools. The league simply needed someone to go south for an interim period, Sidney offered and everyone went along with it.

Along with my beliefs above I think the 9 conference games is only a short term deal as well. I think once they find an 11th and 12th schools to fill out the conference that they'll go to a 2 game rotating schedule of playing cross division which would allow teams 2 non-conference games in football.
Old 05-15-18, 01:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
You are over estimating yourself, and underestimating others as usual. Your community must get used to the fact your an average sports town in this bigger division.
Underestimating historically bad programs Stebbins, West Carrolton, Sidney, Fairborn, Greenville and Xenia? Lol. Average sports town, is also funny, Tipp is the smallest school in the GWOC and now the MVL yet they have won conference championships in baseball, boys and girls soccer, girls basketball and cross country. 13 straight playoff appearances in football, 4 straight regional appearances in baseball and a state championship in Cross Country all in the last 15 years, but yes very average sports town. What community does Yak Yak belong to?
Old 05-16-18, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
The MVL is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Franklin not join this league, at least in my opinion, put them with Fairborn, Xenia, Stebbins, West Carrolton, and Bellbrook? No thanks, you can keep that. If Franklin leaves SWBL it'll be with Edgewood Monroe Bellbrook Talawanda Ross Eaton Valley View would be my hope.

SWBL isnít splitting up anytime soon. I think Franklin would move to get the 3 non Conference games vs Piqua, Troy, Butler and Edgewood, letís say. Those are much harder than Valley View, Monroe, Eaton and Brookville. Fairborn and Xenia would be tough too.
Think about this schedule for Franklin...
Carlisle- d5
Edgewood-d2
Troy-d2
Piqua-d3
Butler-d3
West Carrollton-d3
Stebbins-d2
Xenia-d2
Fairborn-d2
Bellbrook-d3
Franklin would struggle with this schedule most years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-18, 08:14 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
SWBL isnít splitting up anytime soon. I think Franklin would move to get the 3 non Conference games vs Piqua, Troy, Butler and Edgewood, letís say. Those are much harder than Valley View, Monroe, Eaton and Brookville. Fairborn and Xenia would be tough too.
Think about this schedule for Franklin...
Carlisle- d5
Edgewood-d2
Troy-d2
Piqua-d3
Butler-d3
West Carrollton-d3
Stebbins-d2
Xenia-d2
Fairborn-d2
Bellbrook-d3
Franklin would struggle with this schedule most years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stebbins Fairborn Xenia West Carrolton Carlisle would all be wins nearly every year. Piqua and Edgewood Franklin has beat them the last two years, Bellbrook 5 of the last 6. Know nothign about Butler I know they have a new coach that should improve that program, and Troy would be a handful.

But I would hate that conference and would be pretty disappointed if that is where Franklin eventually ends up.
Old 05-18-18, 07:51 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Stebbins Fairborn Xenia West Carrolton Carlisle would all be wins nearly every year. Piqua and Edgewood Franklin has beat them the last two years, Bellbrook 5 of the last 6. Know nothign about Butler I know they have a new coach that should improve that program, and Troy would be a handful.

But I would hate that conference and would be pretty disappointed if that is where Franklin eventually ends up.
Don't see it happening. Franklin has it good in the SWBL.