Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Hall of Fame Village

It's May 10, 2018

Drove by the Fulton and 25th Street, saw some vehicles on the lot. Maybe they might be starting some construction again.

Also, AEP is building a new Power station next to the old one but BIGGER.

When are they going to finished the EAST SIDE of Tome Bension Stadium?????

105 days left before the beginning of the 2018 Ohio High school Football Season.

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-18, 09:45 AM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUDOGS View Post
It's May 10, 2018

Drove by the Fulton and 25th Street, saw some vehicles on the lot. Maybe they might be starting some construction again.

Also, AEP is building a new Power station next to the old one but BIGGER.

When are they going to finished the EAST SIDE of Tome Bension Stadium?????

105 days left before the beginning of the 2018 Ohio High school Football Season.

IUDOGS I heard over the weekend the east end zone with the new score board will begin construction after this years HOF game. Not enough time to get it down now. Same with the new McKinley locker room.
Old 05-16-18, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

Red face Hall of Fame Village (Not going to happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
IUDOGS I heard over the weekend the east end zone with the new score board will begin construction after this years HOF game. Not enough time to get it down now. Same with the new McKinley locker room.
And they can't start construction on the new McKinley locker room now, what does that have to do with the HOF game. This is total BULL-CRAP.

Old 05-16-18, 09:39 AM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
The locker rooms and coaches office needs to be done by a certain date which I don't know or they owe the CCS system $250,000 in fine money.
Old 05-18-18, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

Cool Hall of Fame Village Construction

It's May 18, 2018

There is some surveying going on the parking project on 25th street and Fulton road project.

100 days left before the beginning of the 2018 Ohio High school Football Season.

Old 05-22-18, 02:12 PM
Freshman

1234567 is on a distinguished road
More debt again

The HOF-Village is some $12 million to $14 million in debt to SITETECH, INC (unconfirmed, thought be about $7 million), Beaver Excavating (unconfirmed) and Welty Construction said to be owed to pay for site development of a hotel with the the project complex but is now two years, more or less, behind the announced "with great fanfare" start date.
Old 05-22-18, 02:32 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
More debt again

The HOF-Village is some $12 million to $14 million in debt to SITETECH, INC (unconfirmed, thought be about $7 million), Beaver Excavating (unconfirmed) and Welty Construction said to be owed to pay for site development of a hotel with the the project complex but is now two years, more or less, behind the announced "with great fanfare" start date.
Confirmed, you’re full of BS lol
Old 05-22-18, 04:30 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
More debt again

Did you see anything in the news about this or is this just through the grapevine?

Reserving judgment for the moment but if true, somebody needs to RICO Act this guy.
Old 05-26-18, 08:49 PM
All District

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Did you see anything in the news about this or is this just through the grapevine?

Reserving judgment for the moment but if true, somebody needs to RICO Act this guy.
Yes I have confirmed that yes that there still is 14.4 million still owed. There is also 7 contractors outside Stark County that have NOT been paid. Only the ones that filed a lien got there money.

June 1st there will be a deadline also for a project tied to the Hall of Fame Village project and that is th Hoover District in North Canton as both projects have the same contractors this project is behind 37.4 million.

At this time both projects and also the GoodYear East end project is currently headed on a collision course for Default. This will end up back in Federal District Court with Judge Sara Lioi.

They have not satisfied the City of North Canton on its Coty codes that they are in violation of. There are at last count was 26 major violations.

This information is very credible the News media bias has covered this up.
Old 05-27-18, 08:31 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
Yes I have confirmed that yes that there still is 14.4 million still owed. There is also 7 contractors outside Stark County that have NOT been paid. Only the ones that filed a lien got there money.

June 1st there will be a deadline also for a project tied to the Hall of Fame Village project and that is th Hoover District in North Canton as both projects have the same contractors this project is behind 37.4 million.

At this time both projects and also the GoodYear East end project is currently headed on a collision course for Default. This will end up back in Federal District Court with Judge Sara Lioi.

They have not satisfied the City of North Canton on its Coty codes that they are in violation of. There are at last count was 26 major violations.

This information is very credible the News media bias has covered this up.
Alison Matas at the Rep has been very good about covering most of the details of the projects. She might be interested. I don't think it's that they are covering it up, I think it's just more of the same at this point.

I haven't been by the Hoover Co. in a while but if there are still plywood windows then that's sad.
Old 05-28-18, 09:41 AM
Freshman

Grass seed was planted out in front of the hoover factory but they did not water it so its not growing very well. They planted the grass seed over the dirt that had been excavated to put in a new parking lot and a new entrance out front. That Idea is on hold for now. The problem is that all that dirt in front of the hoover factory is contaminated with toxic residue from manufacturing that had been done over the last 100 years. Turning into a real brownfield.
Old 05-29-18, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

Cool Hall of Fame Village Construction

It's May 29, 2018

Canton Repository article: Stadium Park Lot will open on time.

Parking space expected to be finished just before the Enshrinement Festival.

490 parking spaces.

Old 05-29-18, 03:43 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
The lots aren't BIG enough,they need parking decks on both sides of the HOF.Making these lots and then we end up with no parks and fields if it ever gets completed...BAM!
Old 05-29-18, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Shocker they haven't delivered on the promise of lighting in Weis Park.
Old 05-29-18, 04:40 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
The lots aren't BIG enough,they need parking decks on both sides of the HOF.Making these lots and then we end up with no parks and fields if it ever gets completed...BAM!
The City was given the option of the parking lot being returned to a park (at no expense to the City) once the parking decks in the Village were completed. With everything being in question now, who knows. I would prefer that area being returned to a park area with the two baseball/softball fields etc...
Old 05-30-18, 06:10 AM
Freshman

First the HOF started charging $10.00 to park your car in the parking lot of the HOF. Then the HOF village demolished the McKinley baseball field near Don Scott. Then they demolished the softball fields in stadium park. They are demolishing 224 houses near the HOF where thousands of people used to be able to park. They them made it illegal to park on the streets near the HOF. The parking deck construction at the HOF has stopped. Now they are charging $35 to park at HOF events. Greed!
Old 05-30-18, 08:14 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
sadly I predicted the HOF would throw money into the elementary school/lockerroom deal

you know the one they started to abate....yeah fixin it up to pacify the district - hardly the replacement of the Turk.

Maybe Shake and Baker should have just started one phase and seen it through instead of starting 3 phases to have none complete.

More importantly why couldn't I have predicted lottery numbers instead of the doofus moves by the HOF
Old 06-05-18, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Looks like some demo at the Smith building,what's that all about?
Old 06-07-18, 01:32 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, whatever they are doing there it wasn't very impressive to Terrell Owens. Paraphrasing he basically said that after visiting Canton earlier this year he has decided to celebrate the biggest day of his professional life elsewhere. OUCH.
Old 06-07-18, 01:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Well, whatever they are doing there it wasn't very impressive to Terrell Owens. Paraphrasing he basically said that after visiting Canton earlier this year he has decided to celebrate the biggest day of his professional life elsewhere. OUCH.
Did he decide on the happening city of Massillon, Ohio as his elsewhere?
Old 06-07-18, 01:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
Did he decide on the happening city of Massillon, Ohio as his elsewhere?
Ask him. How the he!! would I know?
Old 06-07-18, 01:49 PM
All American

Quote:
Ask him. How the he!! would I know?
Just wondering. No need to get so upset.
Old 06-07-18, 02:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
Just wondering. No need to get so upset.
LOL. Not upset at all my friend. I'm from Massillon. Believe me. It doesn't excite me much either.
Old 06-07-18, 02:10 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I always have thought that when I need a well-reasoned, contemplative response on any topic, my go-to guy is T.O.
Old 06-07-18, 02:20 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
T.O. has B.O.

Some interpretations different than others, I look at it as another look at me moment for Owens; well that he’s less articulate than Shannon Sharpe.
Old 06-07-18, 02:41 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This has nothing to do with Canton. TO is upset with the NFL as he thought he should be a first ballot hall of famer and he got elected in his 3rd year on the ballot. He is thumbing his nose at the NFL.....not the City of Canton.
Old 06-07-18, 02:55 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
This has nothing to do with Canton. TO is upset with the NFL as he thought he should be a first ballot hall of famer and he got elected in his 3rd year on the ballot. He is thumbing his nose at the NFL.....not the City of Canton.
Are you dense? He specifically said why he wasn't coming and he specifically mentioned Canton by name. But thanks for playing.
Old 06-07-18, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
This is spot on.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit Egret's 'I hate all things Canton' agenda.

I'm glad the loon isn't participating.
Old 06-07-18, 03:06 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
This is spot on.

Hey Lard-azz here is the direct quote. Show me where he mentions the HofF or anything else except Canton. Go ahead. I'll wait.

"While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton," Owens said in a statement released Thursday. "... After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere."
Old 06-07-18, 03:09 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
This is spot on.

TO & Egret, both self centered clowns who think they’re better than what they really are
Closed Thread