Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-18, 06:32 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Bat Testing

Watched a team in our league use the same exact bat through the entire lineup.
It sounded like a fire cracker... I donít know about you, but where I come from if it looks like a a duck and sounds like a duck, itís probably a duck!

When will a day come when something can be done about cheating?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-18, 06:46 AM
Varsity

SamMaydayMalone is on a distinguished road
Umpires are not even required to check equipment before the game anymore.

I ordered my daughter a bat for Christmas and the guy asked if I wanted it rolled or shaved.

Some of the bats have a distinct sound like the Zeno or Ghost. But I agree, if the whole team is using the same bat something's up.
Old 05-02-18, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMaydayMalone View Post
Umpires are not even required to check equipment before the game anymore.

I ordered my daughter a bat for Christmas and the guy asked if I wanted it rolled or shaved.

Some of the bats have a distinct sound like the Zeno or Ghost. But I agree, if the whole team is using the same bat something's up.
I was at a recent game with a top level NEO program and their girls could really crush the ball. Their sticks 2-6 all had a much different sound when the ball came off the bat then the balance of the line up, almost sounded like a wooden bat. The thing is it didn't appear that the ball was jumping off the bat any different, just the sound was so unique.
Old 05-02-18, 08:55 AM
All District

DustMan1975 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
Watched a team in our league use the same exact bat through the entire lineup.
It sounded like a fire cracker... I donít know about you, but where I come from if it looks like a a duck and sounds like a duck, itís probably a duck!

When will a day come when something can be done about cheating?
Curious what league this is? Or the school?
Old 05-03-18, 07:53 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMan1975 View Post
Curious what league this is? Or the school?
SW Ohio... and its a pretty New School!
Old 05-03-18, 10:04 AM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMaydayMalone View Post

Put his name out there for everyone to see. If you don't then you have nothing to complain about when someone uses a rolled bat against you.

Report this guy to the manufacturer of the bat. They have legal remedies available to them to pursue this idiot.
Old 05-03-18, 10:34 AM
All Region

mikedyer is on a distinguished road
A few years ago a girl on my kid's summer team had a CF7 insane. It had the webbing on it where the handle met the barrel. The CF8 had just came out and all of them had the same webbing on it. Not all of the sanctioning bodies had approved the CF8 at this time.

This girl stroked a couple homeruns one weekend. The next weekend we were playing in another tournament few hundred miles from the tournament where she hit the homeruns. When she stepped in the box for her 1st at bat the umpire called time and inspected her bat.

This kid's dad was a mega tool. He puffed up and said something like "Yap, she had a big weekend last week, word gets around..." I moved away from him because it's hard to be around people like that.

After the game he finds the umpire and asks him why he checked her bat out just knowing that the guy was going to tell him what a stud everyone knows his kid is and inflate his ego a little more. When the guy told him he was just checking for a stamp he looked like someone had just knocked a puppy that he was bottle feeding out of his hands.

Made my weekend.
Old 05-09-18, 12:16 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
SW Ohio... and its a pretty New School!
Without any knowledge of the situation, some newer schools/teams have very little funding towards said sport. Depending on other factors it may have been the only bat they could afford. Or it may have been handed over from another team that couldn't use it anymore.

I coach wrestling in SWO and I know a lot of our programs pass on equipment to the city schools to give them a chance to compete. And throughout the year you'll find their kids doing illegal moves because the coach simply doesn't know the sport and is doing the best he can to give them an opportunity. In that type of situation I'll either ask the ref to show them the proper way during a stoppage or approach the coach after the match.

Sometimes their gear fits illegally but what are they really supposed to do about it? Tell the kid they can't wrestle if they don't gain 20 pounds because their singlet is too loose? They don't have another size that fits better or the money to buy one. You kinda make things work, hope both wrestler and coach learn and all parties continue with the sport.