Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-25-18, 09:28 AM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoalbandito View Post
Comet Dad, you obviously follow the Comets. Aren't a number of this year's seniors trying to make it on some of the bigger name DI programs as walk-ons? Do you know if some of the kids you mention above were offered some type of financial help to maybe consider DII, or even DIII, where they probably would have had better chances of playing? Any of those guys going on an athletic scholarship?
A number of the ones mentioned had FCS and D2 offers but passed to do an offered PWO at a larger school. Hamdan passed on FCS, MAC and offers from the service academies to do a PWO at tOSU. I don't know how many had an opportunity to get significant playing time at a smaller school or if this was even a selling point. I think Hamdan and Croy may have overreached but I think Adams, Bracher and Knue were overlooked and have an opportunity to make an impact with their respective teams within a couple years.
Old 04-25-18, 11:38 AM
Junior Varsity

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
What happened?
Daniels dumped him
Old 04-25-18, 12:16 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Still struggling to understand why CometDad has such a raging hardon for Xavier Peters.

Been awhile since anyone has expressed such hostility toward a HS kid on here.
Old 04-25-18, 12:34 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
Daniels dumped him
Well I sure hope he had a good reason. Princeton's offense needs some diversification. I thought Pflug would have been the guy to do it.
Old 04-25-18, 01:12 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Daniels dumped him
Daniels dumped him? He's only been there about a month and a half. I'd love to hear what happened. I don't see Daniels sticking around very long either. He'll get back to college eventually.

There will be a few GMC jobs open next year.
Old 04-25-18, 06:46 PM
Freshman

CincyViking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Daniels dumped him
Not before he had Pflug install his Offense. And I hear that Mike let him go via text message..... Classless in my book. Cant wait for our next coach!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-18, 07:47 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyViking View Post
Not before he had Pflug install his Offense. And I hear that Mike let him go via text message..... Classless in my book. Cant wait for our next coach!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Wow! I heard bad things about Daniels, but don't know much about him. Starting to see a lot of what I heard about him.
Old 04-25-18, 07:55 PM
All District

I hear Dan Scholz is now at Hamilton after being let go as an assistant at Winton Woods. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 04-26-18, 08:15 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Wow, that was fast if Pflug is really out at Princeton. Can't say I've ever heard anything like that before.

As far as Scholz, who cares. I have never heard any player or other coach ever say anything positive about the guy. Whenever his name gets brought up, there is usually a grumble, eye roll, and some obscenity muttered about how much of a jerk he is.
Old 04-26-18, 08:33 AM
Freshman

kleiner Mann is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Wow, that was fast if Pflug is really out at Princeton. Can't say I've ever heard anything like that before.

As far as Scholz, who cares. I have never heard any player or other coach ever say anything positive about the guy. Whenever his name gets brought up, there is usually a grumble, eye roll, and some obscenity muttered about how much of a jerk he is.
I guess his presence is already being felt then. A few their players have transferred to West and a few others deciding not to play.
Old 04-26-18, 12:12 PM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Still struggling to understand why CometDad has such a raging hardon for Xavier Peters.

Been awhile since anyone has expressed such hostility toward a HS kid on here.
No hostility and just remember, you posed the question. I frankly think he's a bum as a person and as a football player. He's unmotivated, undisciplined and uncoachable. It doesn't take a genius to bull rush on every down. As far as talking about a "high school kid" on a message board, he sure had the cajonies and was grown up enough to manipulate UK the way he did. Peters is always the first one posting on his Twitter account to blow his own horn. I think he can handle some criticism on a message board. I'll just honestly be surprised given his history, to see him last more than two years at Florida State.
Old 05-08-18, 09:45 AM
All Ohio

middiemagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
No hostility and just remember, you posed the question. I frankly think he's a bum as a person and as a football player. He's unmotivated, undisciplined and uncoachable. It doesn't take a genius to bull rush on every down. As far as talking about a "high school kid" on a message board, he sure had the cajonies and was grown up enough to manipulate UK the way he did. Peters is always the first one posting on his Twitter account to blow his own horn. I think he can handle some criticism on a message board. I'll just honestly be surprised given his history, to see him last more than two years at Florida State.
Nice rationalization, typical for someone from Mason to try and justify a seriously flawed post about a ‘kid’. Who’s the bum here?
Old 05-08-18, 12:23 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Colerain.....the field.
The Lakota's can't get out of their own way. The West guy does his best work in the off season. D1 this and that, the area coaches are thrilled he is still there. East guy isn't much different, guess he thought it was coaching that made the offense successful at Colerain. They have made a few adjustments here and there but they just win the games they should and he should hope West keeps their guy because then he looks like the smart one.
Mason will probably come in 2nd again, not real sure who they have returning. Sycamore will continue to be a very good football program and finish in the top 3-4 teams.
What does FF have returning?
Old 05-08-18, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
What does FF have returning?
A QB, a couple of guys each on the offensive & defensive lines, a TE/WR, a RB, and a couple of DB's & LB's. Numbers are looking good in Indian land.

As an aside the next couple of years will see several very strong football classes moving through their soph/jr/sr years at FF. I suspect the Indians will finish in the top 3 of the GMC and are a likely playoff team. The big challenge facing this program is can they pass Colerain (unlikely this year) and/or win a playoff game (more likely) and advance to the 2nd round or beyond.
Old 05-09-18, 12:23 AM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd LOVE to be optimistic about Masons chances this upcoming year, but I don't think they'll finish better than 5-5 or 6-4. They've just lost too much and the talent is not there to replace the kids they're losing. These graduating seniors have been looked at by many as the most talented class to ever come out of Mason. Watching many of the kids who are following them does not give me much optimism. My guess is they don't finish higher than fifth for the foreseeable future.

Eight of the eleven starters on an outstanding defense were seniors. Almost every starter was an All GMC selection. Zaid Hamdan (DL Ohio State) and Jake Bracher (LB Akron) were first team All Southwest and first team All City. Hamdan was named All State as well and Bracher led the team in tackles the past two years. Other All GMC seniors were Tyree and Tyrell Mizell, and Cole Pearce. This was a defense which recorded 6 shutouts doing the course of the season. They do have both starting defensive ends, seniors Casey Miller and Chase Evans returning and they are very good. Senior Cameron Wood was at defensive tackle for the majority of the year and he comes back as well as senior Don Nigroe at a Safety spot. Junior Jake Orlando also did an outstanding job when he stepped in at the DB position. It will have to be seen how junior LB Jack Haglich bounces back after a nasty ankle injury in the last JV game last season. Another question will be the effect of losing the Defensive coordinator they've had for the past two years. Barak Faulk has left and taken the Head Coaching job at Monroe. At least one assistant and his very talented defensive lineman son are joining him. It's going to be hard because to a large extent the defense reflected Faulks hard nosed, aggresive personality.

Offensively, how does Mason replace first team All State, All SWO and All City Matt Sora (RB Indiana State) Answer, they can't! Coaches throughout the GMC have been waiting three years for him to leave. Besides Sora, the Comets also lose All GMC players, Will Adams (QB UC), Tanner Knue (Slot Back Eastern Michigan) Austin Croy (WR Ohio U) Christian Hutchinson (TE Navy) Buzz Crogan (C Marian University) and Eric Miller (T Purdue). The only sophomores and juniors to see any playing time last year were RB Logan Dalton, T Brogan Reed, G Emerik Moser and WR Alec Dardis.

There's going to be a BIG drop off this year compared to what Mason fans have become accustomed to these past three years. While I hope for the best there is no way Coach Castner will be able to replace the talent, the leadership or the work ethic he's enjoyed and it's going to be a struggle.
The Haglage kid is really talented. He has good size and he has some wheels. He got injured at the end of last season but he can bring it. Mason probably has a down season, but there are some very talented players on their roster.
Old 05-09-18, 07:12 AM
Junior Varsity

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
A QB, a couple of guys each on the offensive & defensive lines, a TE/WR, a RB, and a couple of DB's & LB's. Numbers are looking good in Indian land.

As an aside the next couple of years will see several very strong football classes moving through their soph/jr/sr years at FF. I suspect the Indians will finish in the top 3 of the GMC and are a likely playoff team. The big challenge facing this program is can they pass Colerain (unlikely this year) and/or win a playoff game (more likely) and advance to the 2nd round or beyond.
I agree...FF will have a strong few groups coming through the system. This season's frosh lost to Colerain, and it may have been that groups 1st loss ever.
Old 05-09-18, 07:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
No hostility and just remember, you posed the question.
What question did I pose? I simply stated that it was difficult to understand why you had such a hardon for a high school kid.

Quote:
I frankly think he's a bum as a person and as a football player. He's unmotivated, undisciplined and uncoachable. It doesn't take a genius to bull rush on every down. As far as talking about a "high school kid" on a message board, he sure had the cajonies and was grown up enough to manipulate UK the way he did. Peters is always the first one posting on his Twitter account to blow his own horn. I think he can handle some criticism on a message board. I'll just honestly be surprised given his history, to see him last more than two years at Florida State.
Thanks for explaining your lack of hostility. Yikes.
Old 05-09-18, 04:34 PM
All World

Any Aves fans out there to let us know what your prospects are?
Old 05-11-18, 11:58 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
I predict:

Taft
Garfield
Lima Senior
Milford
Miamisburg

Then everyone else.

Just want to make sure you are paying attention
Old 05-12-18, 10:27 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Any thoughts on football coaches taking kids on college group visits which cause them to miss in season commitments for other sports? Seems to be a big problem in Sharonville right now
Old 05-12-18, 03:06 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Any thoughts on football coaches taking kids on college group visits which cause them to miss in season commitments for other sports? Seems to be a big problem in Sharonville right now
Kid / Family choice. When kids play multiple sports, there are going to be conflicts. Hopefully the adults can work together like adults.
Old 05-13-18, 08:34 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Kid / Family choice. When kids play multiple sports, there are going to be conflicts. Hopefully the adults can work together like adults.
I understand there will be conflicts, and if it were for an individual visit I'd probably be ok with it. But if you're signing up for another sport it's my belief you should be there for competitions unless you come up with some sort of agreement that you're just playing the sport for training purposes. What would the football coaches say if you asked to miss a game on Friday to go to a baseball visit?
Old 05-13-18, 10:10 AM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I understand there will be conflicts, and if it were for an individual visit I'd probably be ok with it. But if you're signing up for another sport it's my belief you should be there for competitions unless you come up with some sort of agreement that you're just playing the sport for training purposes. What would the football coaches say if you asked to miss a game on Friday to go to a baseball visit?
It all depends who you are and what you set up ahead of time. If the player loves the sport they are playing and the school they are talking to is sincerely interested, the college will work around the games. Its only a conflict because the kid doesn't care enough about the 2nd sport. That's all.
Old 05-13-18, 04:54 PM
All World

Football coaches act like they want multi sport athletes. The #'s of those who move on are well documented but when it comes down to it many football coaches don't want to share with other sports. They encourage the players to miss team commitments in the winter and spring. Does the West coach really encourage multi sport athletes or just act like it?
Old 05-16-18, 09:44 AM
Freshman

ish kabbible is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Football coaches act like they want multi sport athletes. The #'s of those who move on are well documented but when it comes down to it many football coaches don't want to share with other sports. They encourage the players to miss team commitments in the winter and spring. Does the West coach really encourage multi sport athletes or just act like it?
Wow, it's just not fair how long the Lakota community has had to suffer through having Cox as their coach. Everbody knows the game of football has passed him by years ago but they just can't seem to get rid of him. Carl, I'm guessing you already know the answer to your question...sorry for your long suffering buddy. I've heard that the stinch of his persona has permeated through to the other sports programs to the point that at least 2 high quality basketball coaches decided not to apply for the job because of the Cox factor.
Old 05-16-18, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Carl isn't a West guy. He just likes to ride the "Larry sucks" bandwagon for some reason.

Starting to hear some credible buzz that this will be Iceman's last season...so there's that I guess.
Old 05-16-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't know that he encourages or discourages it either way. Plenty of kids play multiple sports, though.
Old 05-16-18, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Once again looking forward to seeing how many D1 offers we can accumulate on a 3-7 team.
Why does Larry still have a job? He’s a complete disgrace.
Old 05-16-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Carl isn't a West guy. He just likes to ride the "Larry sucks" bandwagon for some reason.

Starting to hear some credible buzz that this will be Iceman's last season...so there's that I guess.
Larry does suck. Who else could f**k up so badly with such a talented roster?
Old 05-16-18, 10:53 AM
All Ohio

LHS WRESTLING is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
It all depends who you are and what you set up ahead of time. If the player loves the sport they are playing and the school they are talking to is sincerely interested, the college will work around the games. Its only a conflict because the kid doesn't care enough about the 2nd sport. That's all.
If that is the attitude of the "kid" about the 2nd sport, he should be mature and "MAN" enough to not even play the 2nd sport. Don't do something half A $ $...pretty simple concept. I am sure the head football coach would agree with that....., Especially at the high school level. Let the kids compete in multiple sports at full capacity and give up control.

Besides, the football coach wouldn't want his chain being jerked around while his time is being wasted by an athlete.

Last edited by LHS WRESTLING; 05-16-18 at 11:22 AM.