Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-08-18, 03:19 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
Iggies home game. I'm sure with Kyle in with the Browns this is how the game is being played at the stadium. I would assume Jimmy is taking care of the Cats on this one.
I understand that the game was offered to Lombardo last year, but he thought Lakewood would be a better advantage for his team.
Old 05-08-18, 08:15 PM
Pecunious

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Many alum prefer Lakewood over First Energy. I don't care either way.
Old 05-08-18, 08:34 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Just might be the best football game played there this year.
Old 05-09-18, 03:49 PM
All American

slammer20 is on a distinguished road
Erie Cathedral Prep is a better opponent...more disciplined and a better challenge for the Eagles as they prepare throughout the regular season to contend should they make the post season.

I prefer to see any Eagles vs. Wildcats contest in a smaller venue (although I am certain the young men are excited about a professional venue). The crowd involvement and their electricity can help make the contest more exciting.

Go Eagles!
Old 05-09-18, 07:36 PM
All Ohio

SSS is on a distinguished road
Looks like a very tough schedule. Any update on what we can expect from the Eagles in 2018?
Old 05-10-18, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS View Post
Looks like a very tough schedule. Any update on what we can expect from the Eagles in 2018?
I think expectations should be high. The offense brings back a good bulk of the production with Dzuro, Castleberry and Kent, and I expect a number of talented skill guys from last year's JV team to contribute. Defense loses a lot from last year in terms of starters, but there are a handful coming back who played meaningful minutes on a rotational basis. Could be a very good year, but they will be tested early and often. With the addition of Prep, the first four weeks will be brutal.
Old 05-10-18, 03:45 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Wasn't there discussion about St Ed's playing Hoban this season?
Old 05-10-18, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
News to me, but it the dates fit I imagine itís just a matter of Hoban saying yes.
Old 05-10-18, 08:40 PM
All District

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
There was no discussion. The only week Hoban had open was week three and Edís already had a previous commitment with the DC team.
Old 05-10-18, 08:47 PM
Pecunious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
There was no discussion. The only week Hoban had open was week three and Edís already had a previous commitment with the DC team.
Must not have been a firm commitment
Old 05-10-18, 09:07 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There was no discussion. The only week Hoban had open was week three and Ed’s already had a previous commitment with the DC team.
Ed’s tried to get a game with Hoban for week 3 before they even tried to get the DC team.
Old 05-11-18, 08:55 AM
Freshman

Football330 is on a distinguished road
Stop making it look like Hoban was ducking Ed's. They are setting something up for 2019. Hoban didn't have week 3 open until Ursuline asked them to move there game to week 4. So when Ed's did call there was no opening to play.
Old 05-11-18, 02:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Edís tried to get a game with Hoban for week 3 before they even tried to get the DC team.
This makes no sense. Week three was not open for Edís. If Edís had a home and home in place going into last year with the DC team this simply can not be true. Hoban was in a previous agreement with Ursuline so it simply was never going to happen. Not because either side doesnít want to, it just wasnít in the cards.
Old 05-11-18, 06:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football330 View Post
Stop making it look like Hoban was ducking Ed's. They are setting something up for 2019. Hoban didn't have week 3 open until Ursuline asked them to move there game to week 4. So when Ed's did call there was no opening to play.
Ed’s was the first school to find out (other than Hoban) about Ursuline wanting the game moved to week 4 and Lake Catholic playing Ursuline week 3. The coaching community spreads the news like wildfire when there’s openings...especially if coaches are friends with each other. That’s why Eds called and asked for a game after they knew Lake Catholic and Ursuline were playing week 3.
Old 05-12-18, 06:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
This makes no sense. Week three was not open for Edís. If Edís had a home and home in place going into last year with the DC team this simply can not be true. Hoban was in a previous agreement with Ursuline so it simply was never going to happen. Not because either side doesnít want to, it just wasnít in the cards.
As far as I know, there are no ďcommitmentsĒ with the DC team. They are one year deals where we pay them to come and play us to fill voids on the schedule. There has never been a home and home with a DC public that I can ever recall. As you can see from the emergence of the game with Erie Prep, itís usually just a matter of telling them ďgame off,Ē maybe weíll call you next year.
Old 05-12-18, 11:31 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
As far as I know, there are no ďcommitmentsĒ with the DC team. They are one year deals where we pay them to come and play us to fill voids on the schedule. There has never been a home and home with a DC public that I can ever recall. As you can see from the emergence of the game with Erie Prep, itís usually just a matter of telling them ďgame off,Ē maybe weíll call you next year.
I am not going to argue that. It gets a little old to see a Hoban alum turned St. Edís superfan all of the sudden in the know that Hoban is ducking Edís every year. The Hoban Edís game would be great but what DBO4 has no idea about is that Hoban was in talks with ESPN amongst others to fill the slot too. If they were in fact in discussion it was kept very quiet. If it works out next year then great. It is a great game for Hoban win or lose and with Hoban in D2 it should me more attractive for Edís. Hoban ducking an opponent over the next few years just wonít happen. Scheduling conflicts will. Sorry DB, just didnít happen.
Old 05-12-18, 02:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
I am not going to argue that. It gets a little old to see a Hoban alum turned St. Edís superfan all of the sudden in the know that Hoban is ducking Edís every year. The Hoban Edís game would be great but what DBO4 has no idea about is that Hoban was in talks with ESPN amongst others to fill the slot too. If they were in fact in discussion it was kept very quiet. If it works out next year then great. It is a great game for Hoban win or lose and with Hoban in D2 it should me more attractive for Edís. Hoban ducking an opponent over the next few years just wonít happen. Scheduling conflicts will. Sorry DB, just didnít happen.
I know more than you do.
Old 05-12-18, 04:34 PM
All District

You know nothing. You make up stuff. You believe everything you hear from everyone that tells you anything. But you know nothing. It is very possible a phone call was made and it probably was. The stars did not align. Sorry.
Old 05-12-18, 06:07 PM
All Region

Quote:
You know nothing. You make up stuff. You believe everything you hear from everyone that tells you anything. But you know nothing. It is very possible a phone call was made and it probably was. The stars did not align. Sorry.
So now I know nothing and itís very possible a phone call was made and it probably was...am I correct then?
Old 05-12-18, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
The past exchanges have been so inane that they should be in a Massillon thread,
Old 05-13-18, 06:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
A phone call does not mean it was in play.

Edís: Hey Hoban, we have week 3 open how about you?
Hoban: We already have some pending commitments.
Edís: We donít want to wait, we are going to schedule DC again, wanna plan on next year?
Hoban: Yup. See u then.

DBO4: I heard Hoban is afraid to play my new favorite school that I tell everyone I donate to.

Your narrative is wrong and yes you are right when teams like Hoban and Edís have open dates they reach out to everyone that could possibly want to play them. There is a good chance Hoban called Edís first. Hoban reaches out to everyone with an open date. The reason Hoban and Ursuline agreed to change to week 4 was so both teams had a better chance of scheduling in week 3 before league play starts.
Bobby77, There is no chance Hoban reached out to Eds for a 2018 game. You should just stop if you donít know the facts.

ďYou wanna learn the first ruleÖ youíd know if you ever spent a day in your lifeÖ You never open your mouth till you know what the shot is.Ē Ė Ricky Roma
Old 05-13-18, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
The past exchanges have been so inane that they should be in a Massillon thread,

I'm anticipating a hearty "Am Not" "Are too" argument to break out at any minute.
Old 05-14-18, 10:11 AM
Varsity

bagobones is on a distinguished road
I think they were both ducking each other so that's why no calls were made.
Old 05-14-18, 10:41 AM
Pecunious

maybe I should over-moderate here and delete a bunch of posts...
Old 05-14-18, 12:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
maybe I should over-moderate here and delete a bunch of posts...
We exchanged PMs and are done.
Old 05-23-18, 06:14 PM
All American

sehs
Not sure if anyone's seen it yet but today St. Ed's announced that Coach Urbas would be retiring as a full time faculty member and head coach of the wrestling team. He is staying on as a math tutor and still a part of the wrestling program, they did not mention his football duties though.

What can be said about the guy? He's a legend in so many ways, a coach, a teacher, a presence in the building, everyone seems to have a Coach Urbas story. Fantastic coach and a spectacular human being.
Old 05-24-18, 05:54 AM
Pecunious

I think you said it well. Will be missed.
Old 05-24-18, 10:48 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs View Post
Not sure if anyone's seen it yet but today St. Ed's announced that Coach Urbas would be retiring as a full time faculty member and head coach of the wrestling team. He is staying on as a math tutor and still a part of the wrestling program, they did not mention his football duties though.

What can be said about the guy? He's a legend in so many ways, a coach, a teacher, a presence in the building, everyone seems to have a Coach Urbas story. Fantastic coach and a spectacular human being.
Urbas has done an amazing job at Eds. Iím hearing Cocach Heff will be taking over.