Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-06-18, 06:36 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Keep in mind OHSAA calculates that number from the previous year grades 9-11.
To be precise, "the October 2016 (enrollment numbers) are aggregated in February 2017 and presented to the OHSAA to begin the process of determining of divisions and calculations for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years when combined with the competitive balance rostering system data collected independently from schools."

Last edited by chs1971; 05-06-18 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-08-18, 07:33 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
If things continue the way that they have been in Sylvania regarding intra district open enrollment I foresee Southview dropping to D3 in football.
Old 05-09-18, 01:05 AM
All District

NLLBEST is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSports View Post
There have rumors of Patrick Henry leaving but I don't know how credible they are. I think they will be D7 for football this fall.

I don't know how much schools like Evergreen and Swanton would want Napoleon back in the league. Swanton would probably be more interested in Maumee.
I believe Maumee and Swanton were at one point scheduled for a non conference matchup in football, not positive why it fell through. If you are saying swanton would rather play napoleon than maumee in football from a competitive standpoint then im not sure where that claim would be coming from considering Maumee has beaten Napoleon the last couple years.

If PH left the NWOAL, which i wouldnt bet on since it seems like a good conference in terms of competition for them (although they havent been as successful lately) and im not sure where they would go. I think Napoleon to the NWOAL and Clay to the NLL in the near future seems plausible.
Old 05-09-18, 09:41 AM
Varsity

ILikeSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLLBEST View Post
I believe Maumee and Swanton were at one point scheduled for a non conference matchup in football, not positive why it fell through. If you are saying swanton would rather play napoleon than maumee in football from a competitive standpoint then im not sure where that claim would be coming from considering Maumee has beaten Napoleon the last couple years.

If PH left the NWOAL, which i wouldnt bet on since it seems like a good conference in terms of competition for them (although they havent been as successful lately) and im not sure where they would go. I think Napoleon to the NWOAL and Clay to the NLL in the near future seems plausible.
No, not from a competitive standpoint for football, more from a distance standpoint. Napoleon is almost twice as far away as Maumee. However, it would be the opposite for most of the other schools in the league.

The PH rumors are they would go to the BVC. They are the smallest school in the league but I can't say I'd bet on them leaving either. They were 7th in football, 6th in basketball and 8th in baseball, but did just win a football title in 2016.
Old 05-09-18, 10:41 AM
All Region

Krasula24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Swanton & Springfield played each other for the 2013-2014 seasons. with swanton only losing to springfield in 2014, 43-36.
Old 05-09-18, 05:01 PM
All District

Looking back on the 2014 season Swanton was very close to being a 9-1 team that year with 3 losses by a touchdown or less and since that season they have been very successful but though Springfield went 7-3 overall and 4-3 in the NLL which is good their 4 league wins were by a combined 14 points. I think if swanton continues to play at the level they have the last few years they could compete with the middle of the nll but public schools, especially at the sizes of Maumee, Napoleon and especially Swanton the talent level is always cyclical.
Old 05-10-18, 12:49 AM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
why would the NLL want to add a team from the NWOAL? & why swanton? wouldn’t Wauseon be your first choice?
Old 05-10-18, 06:39 AM
Varsity

ILikeSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter26 View Post
why would the NLL want to add a team from the NWOAL? & why swanton? wouldn’t Wauseon be your first choice?
The discussion is Maumee possibly leaving the NLL and where they might go, not about an NWOAL team joining NLL.
Old 05-10-18, 11:51 PM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSports View Post
The discussion is Maumee possibly leaving the NLL and where they might go, not about an NWOAL team joining NLL.
I was replying to the post above my previous one
Old 05-11-18, 08:20 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
What is the early NLL outlook?

This is the class Perrysburg has been waiting for right? Lose Bezek but return just about everyone else.

Otherwise everyone else lost some key players. Gooch at Springfield but losing Jackson, Legeza, and Long hurts. Oline was senior dominated correct? Northview loses Hullinbarger and Leach but they do return some size upfront right. AW loses Schneider and Guitteau, what do they have coming back? Maumee lost a ton in Haney, Phillips, Cleghorn, etc...

Southview has the big TE returning correct? What about BG? Napoleon?
Old 05-28-18, 09:23 AM
All World

My thoughts on the league so far.

1. Anthony Wayne
2. Perrysburg
3. Northview
4. Springfield
5. Southview
6. Maumee
7. Bowling Green
8. Napoleon

Last edited by 1disciple; 06-28-18 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-28-18, 01:18 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
AW picked up by far the best transfer in NW Ohio, he will dominate the LOS
Old 05-29-18, 09:25 AM
Freshman

Majestic12 is on a distinguished road
1. Springfield
2. Perrysburg
3. Anthony Wayne
4. Northview
5. Southview
6. Bowling Green
7. Napoleon
8. Maumee
Old 06-25-18, 09:04 PM
Junior Varsity

North LS is on a distinguished road
Am I seeing 28 kids for football 10-12 at sylvania southview preseason roster?
Old 06-26-18, 06:56 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by North LS View Post
I wouldn't trust max preps for any teams roster.
Old 06-26-18, 11:18 AM
Freshman

SOD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would guess that number is close to what they have in 11 and 12. I think they only had two teams last year.
Old 06-26-18, 12:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOD View Post
I would guess that number is close to what they have in 11 and 12. I think they only had two teams last year.
They will more than likely only field 2 teams again this year. I would say the numbers will be in the low 40's.
Old 06-29-18, 10:26 AM
Freshman

buckeye1022 is on a distinguished road
I just can't see Napoleon and the NWOAL ever being a thing again. Way too many hard feelings. The NWOAL kicked Defiance out way back when, then made it more than clear that they were no longer welcome when they reapplied and were roundly rejected. And then it became a decades long crusade to get Napoleon to leave as well. Basically why the small schools all banded together in the NBL in the 60s and 70s (chance to actually win league titles). Maybe time heals wounds, but I just have a hard time seeing it happen again, even though Napoleon is now very similar size to most and even Defiance has come back to the pack (D3 in a league featuring D4 Bryan, Napoleon, and Wauseon would actually make sense).

Being completely honest, Defiance, Napoleon, Bryan, and Wauseon BELONG in a league together somewhere. Defiance is more than happy in the WBL though, despite the long travel and terrible football we've played the last 8 years. And as mentioned earlier when talking about Lima Senior, the WBL has NO interest in expanding past 10 (it's not just going from 10 to 11. We have no interest in 12 either. We're perfectly happy at 10 playing a round robin schedule). Already couldn't see the NWOAL going to 10 with the 2 they worked so hard to get rid of decades ago. And I highly doubt Bryan and/or Wauseon are looking to get out either.

Just for fun though, I've kind of thought this league would make a lot of sense and work well for everyone (realizing there's some REALLY long term allegiances that would have to be left behind and it wouldn't happen):
Defiance
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
Van Wert
Ottawa-Glandorf
LCC

Then you find an 8th to fill out. Maybe someone like Archbold to stick with Wauseon.

As for the NLL race, I really can't say I have any clue, other than as a Defiance guy it was REALLY fun watching Napoleon go 1-9 with us. At least if we were that bad they could suffer alongside us. Hopefully this year we can join the rest of you and make it a perfect 0-10!
Old 08-13-18, 10:15 AM
Varsity

ToledoWahoo is on a distinguished road
How did the first scrimmages go?
Old 08-15-18, 10:06 AM
All World

The only info I have is that it was Whitmer 14 Anthony Wayne 7 and St. Johns 21 Southview 14.
Old 08-15-18, 01:37 PM
All World

How did SJ look after losing so many studs to graduation and their top two dlinemen to transfer?
Old 08-15-18, 06:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Northview is licking there wounds following the fremont scrimmage last Friday,wasn't even close.There fast qb no.8 for northview had a rough day.Ross had 9 or 10 td's ,northview had 0.freshman game northview did score 2 or 3 times, but so did ross freshman.I think 4 or 5.
Old 08-15-18, 07:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
How did SJ look after losing so many studs to graduation and their top two dlinemen to transfer?
They'll be taking a step back this year. Or Southview will be taking a step up. I'm still scratching my head on both ideas.
Old 08-16-18, 01:16 AM
All District

I think you hit the nail on the head there with SJJ being a little down and SV a little better 1disciple. Somewhat surprised by the Northview result but theyre probably switching offenses if they have an athletic qb opposed to last years big arm qb, could be a process. I know Fremont is supposed to be good this year but the defense is more concerning.
Old 08-16-18, 03:45 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head there with SJJ being a little down and SV a little better 1disciple. Somewhat surprised by the Northview result but theyre probably switching offenses if they have an athletic qb opposed to last years big arm qb, could be a process. I know Fremont is supposed to be good this year but the defense is more concerning.

Saw northview game, it wasnt switching offenses that's for sure.Ross
Old 08-16-18, 06:33 AM
All World

I guess that the Springfield and St. Francis scrimmage was evenly matched since there hasn't been a ton of video from Springfield like we have seen the past few years.
Old 08-16-18, 08:20 AM
All World

Quote:
Saw northview game, it wasnt switching offenses that's for sure.Ross
Ugh. S-T-F-....
Old 08-16-18, 08:23 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I guess that the Springfield and St. Francis scrimmage was evenly matched since there hasn't been a ton of video from Springfield like we have seen the past few years.
I heard it was even as well. Probably has more to do with SF getting better I would assume? Springfield should still be tough. I will get to see them tomorrow and then Perrysburg week 3. Saw AW last week. I imagine it will come down to those three with AW having the early advantage.
Old 08-17-18, 09:21 PM
All Ohio

Roscoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Northview is licking there wounds following the fremont scrimmage last Friday,wasn't even close.There fast qb no.8 for northview had a rough day.Ross had 9 or 10 td's ,northview had 0.freshman game northview did score 2 or 3 times, but so did ross freshman.I think 4 or 5.

I see the Ross knuckleheads are back in full force with the hype machine. Looking forward to your mid season disappearance from the boards after Ross has the 2nd half collapse as always.

Stay humble my friend 👍
Old 08-18-18, 08:50 AM
All World

I think Ross is actually going to pretty good this year but this guy is getting old. Claims to be a "scout" but types or writes at a 3rd grade level. His name is North LS and I assume he is somehow related to the talented Ross Long Snapper as he has pimped him several times.

I saw Start beat Perrysburg 10-0 in a half? I do understand that coaches approach scrimmages differently but that was a head scratcher to me. Perrysburg has been gunning for these two classes (Jr./Sr.) for a couple years now. I was also told the Jackets have 53 kids on varsity?