Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-29-18, 07:33 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Lolololol
Old 01-29-18, 07:57 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
He is from Akron and is a product of Catholic grade/middle school I believe. I think St Paul???

Not sure what the obsession is with how these kids get their school paid for. Work programs or financial aid, who cares.
Dude I asked if he was from Akron chill out.

Last edited by firewatch; 01-29-18 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-29-18, 08:14 PM
All District

RickKnight33 is on a distinguished road
Tyrell bring in a RB to replace a starter. Danny Clark all over again.
Old 01-29-18, 08:30 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Wrong. He would be 4th string RB behind 3-4 studs. He is more likely going to be WR or split. Not built for a Hoban RB I am told. Has great hands. Hoban lost 5 senior receivers and only return 1.
Old 01-29-18, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickKnight33 View Post
Tyrell bring in a RB to replace a starter. Danny Clark all over again.
Didn't you used to be a big Hoban fan? What happened with that?
Old 01-29-18, 08:46 PM
All Region

Firewatch I was merely answering your question. The second part was meant for Clark pushing cougar to talk about the work program. You don’t have to go all keyboard symbol on me. From what I know he is a product of Catholic schools and is a very good student but played youth in Akron city.
Old 01-29-18, 09:08 PM
All World

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Do the Financial aid letters for 8-10K per player mentioned anything about work programs? Hoban buying another title. Plain and simple.
Old 01-29-18, 09:26 PM
All Region

The template was built by their rival across the highway. Just adopting best practices from the pioneers of public school to catholic integration from what I can see.

I think per player is a little harsh. You must have Hoban confused with the Irish basketball team. Hang on for the clockwise dive into Clark’s septic system.
Old 01-29-18, 09:31 PM
All Region

Back to the thread, after looking at this young man’s hudl film I think he will play defense. Hoban also lost big in the defensive backfield and will have talent but will lack game experience at the corner apot next year. He can also fill some of the void left by Houser.
Old 01-29-18, 09:36 PM
All Ohio

Boy that’s rich coming from the St V crowd. Upset that they are being beaten at their own game.
Old 01-29-18, 09:36 PM
All Region

RickKnight, this young man is not going to play RB. Hoban backs are 200 plus lbs and run a true 4.5. Getting yards against Orville is a far cry from the 9 catholic teams Hoban will play. This young man will see the field but probably in a position he can actually play in college. If he chooses to attend Hoban he knows that going in.
Old 01-30-18, 08:23 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Sounds to me like Cougar is right. The young man will likely play WR. It wasn't necessarily a position of strength last year. And they could use the upgrade to help their fine young QB.
Old 01-30-18, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Sounds to me like Cougar is right. The young man will likely play WR. It wasn't necessarily a position of strength last year. And they could use the upgrade to help their fine young QB.
They had two receivers that are headed to D1 schools to play football my friend, including a 1000 yard receiver.
Old 01-30-18, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Boy thatís rich coming from the St V crowd. Upset that they are being beaten at their own game.
Funny. The Hoban shtick used to be that they were better than that. Now it's "we do it better." A pox on all your houses.
Old 01-30-18, 08:46 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
They had two receivers that are headed to D1 schools to play football my friend, including a 1000 yard receiver.
I know... I was just trying to poke Cougar with a stick...
Old 01-30-18, 09:38 AM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Lol....this is entertaining.
Old 01-30-18, 10:57 AM
All Ohio

Glad to see Irish enter the fray. No hurt feeling here. It’s all good
Old 01-30-18, 11:29 AM
All Region

Since our friends from across town have never done anything wrong then doing it better is fine with me. I am glad we cleared this up today. The other threads can learn from our overly mature tone and ability to work together with reason and understanding. One again we are making progress and can stay out of Clark’s toilet.
Old 01-30-18, 05:43 PM
Freshman

MC12 is on a distinguished road
Privates at it again. Go figure. At least he won't be running all over my Titans next season.
Old 01-30-18, 08:15 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC12 View Post
Privates at it again. Go figure. At least he won't be running all over my Titans next season.
No, but everyone else will.
Old 02-02-18, 02:14 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Supposedly Wright is now staying at Manchester.
Old 02-02-18, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Supposedly Wright is now staying at Manchester.
Shoot, 3 pages of drivel right down the old crapper!
Old 02-03-18, 04:18 PM
All American

Stizostedion
First things first. Bobby77, from one Catholic school guy to another, you have no clue. That goes for football, talent, or recruiting. You just have no idea and you prove it with every post. I could explain myself, but you will never understand. Leave the thinking to the adults. Just go to your Hoban games and enjoy your victories.

Secondly, the Wright kid is staying at Manchester. He was being courted by every private school and a few publics (Yes you Massillon and Buchtel) in Summit, Stark, and Cuyahoga Counties including my own alma mater (Don't know what that is, look up some of my past posts but I wish we could have got him). He will not play QB at Manchester. They do not need him to play QB. All they need to do is hand off to him.

Thirdly, he is being recruited by every school in the Big Ten, the MAC, the ACC, and by many schools in every other major conference including the SEC (Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, LSU) , the Big 12 (Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State) and the PAC 12 (Washington, Washington State, Arizona, UCLA). They have already found him. He does not need to be discovered. He is being projected as a slot/WR in college unless he can put on 20 pounds of muscle without losing speed. How do I know? Because it is my business to know.

With him at RB and the other weapons Manchester has they will be the odds on favorite to win their region next year. Anyone who knows my history and how I feel about Manchester knows that is not what I usually say. I just can not stand anymore stupid posts by people who do not know.
Old 02-03-18, 04:40 PM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
First things first. Bobby77, from one Catholic school guy to another, you have no clue. That goes for football, talent, or recruiting. You just have no idea and you prove it with every post. I could explain myself, but you will never understand. Leave the thinking to the adults. Just go to your Hoban games and enjoy your victories.

Secondly, the Wright kid is staying at Manchester. He was being courted by every private school and a few publics (Yes you Massillon and Buchtel) in Summit, Stark, and Cuyahoga Counties including my own alma mater (Don't know what that is, look up some of my past posts but I wish we could have got him). He will not play QB at Manchester. They do not need him to play QB. All they need to do is hand off to him.

Thirdly, he is being recruited by every school in the Big Ten, the MAC, the ACC, and by many schools in every other major conference including the SEC (Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, LSU) , the Big 12 (Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State) and the PAC 12 (Washington, Washington State, Arizona, UCLA). They have already found him. He does not need to be discovered. He is being projected as a slot/WR in college unless he can put on 20 pounds of muscle without losing speed. How do I know? Because it is my business to know.

With him at RB and the other weapons Manchester has they will be the odds on favorite to win their region next year. Anyone who knows my history and how I feel about Manchester knows that is not what I usually say. I just can not stand anymore stupid posts by people who do not know.
Your track record is terrible.
Old 02-03-18, 05:35 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
He is from Akron and is a product of Catholic grade/middle school I believe. I think St Paul???

Not sure what the obsession is with how these kids get their school paid for. Work programs or financial aid, who cares.
He's a product of the Manchester Local School District and has attended Manchester schools since at least middle school.

Quote:

With him at RB and the other weapons Manchester has they will be the odds on favorite to win their region next year.
I, and every other Manchester poster will remind you of this the first time you post otherwise, and you know you will post otherwise.

As for being recruited, I have heard similar stories about him being recruited by several big programs. Manchester also has at least two other Division I college caliber kids who are being recruited. Three kids of that talent level on a Division V roster usually means good things because the pool of talent at that level means they can often control a game.
Old 02-03-18, 05:58 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Stizo, you are almost 100% correct. First, he isn't leaving because Hoban told him no Defense and WR only. Secondly, they didn't want to relo and when they found out he had to sit 1/2 of every sport, it made the decision easier. Yea, I know, why didn't dad check on the eligibility rules 1st? Because stars were in his eyes. There has been NO CONVERSATION with the Manchester Coaches about him playing QB. It was a pure assumption on him and daddy's part. With #34 & #5 back they will not be hurting for offensive threats and #5 is a threat to score on Special Teams every time. FYI, they have a kid who played JV QB back and #34 also can play QB. Their line will be very good and with a new Defensive Coordinator the D should be much improved. Thus, I hope your predictions are true.
Old 02-03-18, 06:44 PM
All Ohio

Probably best that he stay where he is. There he can play both ways, every special team. Carry the ball 30-40 times a game and rush for 2000 yards for the season. Most of the kids at Hoban do not Play both ways because they don’t have to. It keeps them pretty healthy for those long playoff runs. With all of those offers coming he should stay where he is. No need to play against some of the top teams in the state. If Hoban told him that he would only play WR that says a lot. Most schools who are stealing kids from public’s would have told him anything he wanted to hear in order to get him to the dark side. Tells me that Hoban was not heavily recruiting anyone but that he was being shopped around by his family.

Oh and Hoban had 2 more players offered by Michigan this week bringing the number to 3 who hold offers from the big Blue. Also Dartmouth offered 2 other kids in the past week who already hold multiple D1 offers. Yes it is better for him to stay where he is and make his hometown proud.
Old 02-03-18, 11:49 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
And thus my theory is proven in this instance. Too many cooks in one kitchen. Its not as extreme as with basketball, but there is only one varsity ball, and only so many positions a team could fill. After those spots are loaded as they are at many positions at Hoban, a case could be made, one would be better off playing for a lesser, but still solid, program. I'm not saying go to celler dwellers. But a more reasonable place, like Mogadore, Manchester, Barberton, Coventry, Woodridge, Tallmadge, etc. All at the minimum decent, athletically as well as academically, and with coaches that are (hopefully) experienced in helping prospects get recruited, for D1 as well as D2. It worked out well for Burkhart (WR, Akron),Hargrove (DE, Pitt), Skaggs (QB, Malone), Zack Lake, (WR, Alderson Broadus), Wess(Basketball, Walsh).
Old 02-03-18, 11:57 PM
All Region

Stizo and TopCat, please read the entire post before you respond to me. My reference to St. Paul is an answer to a specific question asked about where Hoban’s second back came from.

I don’t care if this kid comes or goes. I am not going to give you my credentials to let you understand why I have forgotten more about recruiting and high school football than both of you have ever known. Most of of my posts are goofy because I am making fun of you self proclaimed experts.

And I know he is from Manchester. I actually read the thread. What this family decides to do with their children is their own business and this has been my theme all along. That must be a hard concept for you simpletons. Leave the kids future to the adults.
Old 02-04-18, 12:04 AM
All Region

I hope this young man is successful wherever he attends. I hope the family is not reading this BS.