Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-25-18, 03:41 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 272
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
It appears that Wright is indeed transferring to Hoban. No decision on moving to avoid sitting out.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-25-18, 07:44 PM
the123kidz the123kidz is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-10
Posts: 1,241
the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
It appears that Wright is indeed transferring to Hoban. No decision on moving to avoid sitting out.
There isn't much coming back next fall at the Chester. It would have been bleak if he stayed. The next question is does #34 and #5 go back to where they were?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-25-18, 08:48 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 272
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
There isn't much coming back next fall at the Chester. It would have been bleak if he stayed. The next question is does #34 and #5 go back to where they were?
I disagree I think they will be very competitive. #5, Johnson is a Manchester resident. He transferred home last year from SVSM. A very dangerous threat as a RB, receiver and kick returner. #34 Foster isn't going anywhere. He will be a big contributor in the running game. QB will be the issue. To be honest and blunt, it won't take much to replace France at QB or receiver. They have some very good OL's coming back led by Hettich and Baker. Defensively they lose very little. Wright struggled at LB because of overuse on offense. Knight, Beans and France will be easily replaced. Yea, it'll be harder without Wright, but the cupboard is far from bare. Numbers will be a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-28-18, 01:42 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 272
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Social media helps with recruiting (Scouting Ohio, hudl...etc)

BUT

If you are surrounded by solid players, it helps!

How many yards would Sibley have if he was running the ball for Akron East vs DeSales or Trotwood?
Wright had over 2000 yds. playing for Manchester. He won't have that at Hoban.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-28-18, 01:45 PM
Bobby77 Bobby77 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-17
Posts: 384
Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Hoban’s second string running backs have more division one looks than anyone at Manchester. Not being a Hoban homer it is just true.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-28-18, 02:00 PM
Bobby77 Bobby77 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-17
Posts: 384
Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
I am not sure Sibley is the best example. He is a legit D1 running back and proved it four years in a row. 2000 yards at Manchester means nothing. Sibley would have had 4000 which is a better comparison. Sibley ran over St Ed’s, DeSales, Trotwood, and TCC. I am sure the kid from Manchester is good but regardless of what he did at Manchester he will have to learn to share the load. He will quickly learn a new average. To answer the question about Sibley playing for East is too trivial, East has never been good enough to play a state semifinal DeSales or a state final Trotwood.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-28-18, 02:40 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Hobanís second string running backs have more division one looks than anyone at Manchester. Not being a Hoban homer it is just true.
Lol. Why is that?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-28-18, 03:17 PM
THE OWNER THE OWNER is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-15
Posts: 161
THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Hobanís second string running backs have more division one looks than anyone at Manchester. Not being a Hoban homer it is just true.
Cherry picking the best talent from Summit and Portage County will allow that to happen. Care to discuss who is paying the tuition for these stars. You mention Sibley which booster paid that bill. How about the Clark circus?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-28-18, 03:46 PM
rghrider98 rghrider98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-28-06
Posts: 899
rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Social media helps with recruiting (Scouting Ohio, hudl...etc)

BUT

If you are surrounded by solid players, it helps!

How many yards would Sibley have if he was running the ball for Akron East vs DeSales or Trotwood?
Do you really think colleges recruit players based off of stats???
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-28-18, 04:27 PM
Bobby77 Bobby77 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-17
Posts: 384
Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
I don’t know who pays for who and I don’t care. Schools have financial aid packages that are based on family income. People donate for the tuitions to be funded and handed out based on need. Plenty of non-athletes and non-football athletes benefit from this type of aid too. Not sure why anyone would care. People go to public school for free and nobody cares.
Are we seriously doing this?

How about parents that pay full tuition and do not get tax breaks and pay taxes to their local school districts to educate kids that are not theirs? A lot of things aren’t fair. Maybe we can have competitive tax balance. Give me a break, this argument is been beat to death. Bottom line Owner is that how someone is funded for school is none of your business and you have no idea how any student is paid for or not. These are all private family decisions.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-28-18, 04:41 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
It called convenience Robert.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-28-18, 04:57 PM
Bobby77 Bobby77 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-17
Posts: 384
Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
I must be missing the point Sam. What is convenient?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-28-18, 07:18 PM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 272
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Once again, a thread has taken a path from the original topic, that is, Wright transferring from Manchester to Hoban. How his tuition is paid isn't the topic. There are many benefactors at ALL schools. The point is, he is transferring and will have to sit out half of football, basketball and track. Unless the they relocate out of Manchester. He is already being recruited by D1's. He can't do any better than the 2000 yds.he had at Manchester at Hoban. I believe it is risky on his part. If he doesn't want to play QB at Manchester, he won't.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-28-18, 07:38 PM
Bobby77 Bobby77 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-17
Posts: 384
Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks Young, I can’t for the life of me figure how my comment about backups getting looks warranted an inquisition into a young man’s family financials.

DBO4-my point is at Hoban most of these kids are getting looks without the need for the camp scene or to market themselflves. The coaches come to them. The only thing that earns scholarships is how you look on film and who you are playing against. College coaches do not go to camps or watch camp film. They care about game film. Playing against St V, Iggy, Benny, etc makes a HUGE difference. Camps are to sell subscriptions and shoes, if anyone tells you different they know nothing about recruiting and have spent too much time on twitter.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-28-18, 08:11 PM
THE OWNER THE OWNER is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-15
Posts: 161
THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Thanks Young, I canít for the life of me figure how my comment about backups getting looks warranted an inquisition into a young manís family financials.

DBO4-my point is at Hoban most of these kids are getting looks without the need for the camp scene or to market themselflves. The coaches come to them. The only thing that earns scholarships is how you look on film and who you are playing against. College coaches do not go to camps or watch camp film. They care about game film. Playing against St V, Iggy, Benny, etc makes a HUGE difference. Camps are to sell subscriptions and shoes, if anyone tells you different they know nothing about recruiting and have spent too much time on twitter.
Oh I don't know, maybe it's the fact you are on here boasting about Hoban buying the best players in the area to the point of having an all star team. The better part is you acting like you're some expert on college recruiting.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-28-18, 08:49 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,790
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Thanks Young, I canít for the life of me figure how my comment about backups getting looks warranted an inquisition into a young manís family financials.

DBO4-my point is at Hoban most of these kids are getting looks without the need for the camp scene or to market themselflves. The coaches come to them. The only thing that earns scholarships is how you look on film and who you are playing against. College coaches do not go to camps or watch camp film. They care about game film. Playing against St V, Iggy, Benny, etc makes a HUGE difference. Camps are to sell subscriptions and shoes, if anyone tells you different they know nothing about recruiting and have spent too much time on twitter.
Yes and no ... camps will not get you a scholarship, game films means the most (and good measurables)... but most of the colleges DO want these athletes to attend THEIR camp ... so they can get a closer look at the athlete ... most of the time they have already made up their mind, but for some (those on the boarder) a good camp can help get them a scholarship ... the type of athlete that a camp can help ... players from smaller schools ... it allows the college to see if they compare to the big boys ... this is coming from a guy with almost 20 years of high school head coaching and no twitter account ... also a good camp (for young players) can put them on a college radar ... no it will not get them a scholarship, but it does help small school athletes get noticed.

Also, college coaches will visit small schools, if they have an athlete that measures up ... we had most of the Big Tens schools in for a player that ended up going to Youngstown St ... the Big Schools may not stop in very year to the small schools, but if the coach lets them know they have a player with major talent ... they will visit. Those schools will visit Manchester ... Jim France is pretty well know among college coaches. Finally, I know this was true just a few years ago ... not exactly sure if or how the new rules have changed, but am sure not that much.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-28-18, 09:03 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,871
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Yes and no ... camps will not get you a scholarship, game films means the most (and good measurables)... but most of the colleges DO want these athletes to attend THEIR camp ... so they can get a closer look at the athlete ... most of the time they have already made up their mind, but for some (those on the boarder) a good camp can help get them a scholarship ... the type of athlete that a camp can help ... players from smaller schools ... it allows the college to see if they compare to the big boys ... this is coming from a guy with almost 20 years of high school head coaching and no twitter account ... also a good camp (for young players) can put them on a college radar ... no it will not get them a scholarship, but it does help small school athletes get noticed.

Also, college coaches will visit small schools, if they have an athlete that measures up ... we had most of the Big Tens schools in for a player that ended up going to Youngstown St ... the Big Schools may not stop in very year to the small schools, but if the coach lets them know they have a player with major talent ... they will visit. Those schools will visit Manchester ... Jim France is pretty well know among college coaches. Finally, I know this was true just a few years ago ... not exactly sure if or how the new rules have changed, but am sure not that much.
Well, you obviously have no credibility. We'd much rather rely on haters and cheerleaders for the inside scoop.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-28-18, 09:33 PM
Bobby77 Bobby77 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-17
Posts: 384
Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Specific school camps vs the exposure camps like Rivals, Opening and the like are different worlds. Going to a school camp where coaches are present is a good idea particularly if that is the school you want and if they invite you. I do not disagree with Joe, and I think if coaches work hard enough for a kid that is good on the field he has a good as chance as any. The chances increase greatly with program and individual success. There will be about 3500 D1 scholarships handed out this year, Hoban had 5 of them. You can get a look anywhere. Either way I wish the kid luck, I hear good things about him.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-29-18, 08:23 AM
NEOballer NEOballer is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-27-12
Posts: 148
NEOballer is on a distinguished road
Wright played Friday night in Manchester's basketball game against Triway
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-29-18, 09:29 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 272
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOballer View Post
Wright played Friday night in Manchester's basketball game against Triway
Transferring at end of school year, supposedly.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-29-18, 09:34 AM
BeachBison BeachBison is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-18-15
Posts: 42
BeachBison is on a distinguished road
Is this really a done deal? Always hear stories of this and the kid ends up staying at home school. Feel bad for Manchester, because this isn't the first instance in which the kid has been bantered around to other schools. It has to be very exhausting and taxing for his teammates, coaches, and community. Heading into his freshmen year it was either Massillon or St. V. Now, it's a done deal to Hoban. This will drag out all the way till June and by the time it gets here, everyone will be sick of hearing about it.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-29-18, 11:20 AM
Youngguy Youngguy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-28-17
Posts: 272
Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBison View Post
Is this really a done deal? Always hear stories of this and the kid ends up staying at home school. Feel bad for Manchester, because this isn't the first instance in which the kid has been bantered around to other schools. It has to be very exhausting and taxing for his teammates, coaches, and community. Heading into his freshmen year it was either Massillon or St. V. Now, it's a done deal to Hoban. This will drag out all the way till June and by the time it gets here, everyone will be sick of hearing about it.
The reason you keep hearing about it, is because he keeps visiting schools. If he hadn't visited SVSM his 8th grade year and shadowed at Hoban this year, it wouldn't be an issue. This being the 2nd time, not so sure there is a lot of angst about it. It appears that people have moved on and will wait to see what he does this time.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-29-18, 12:01 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,790
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Specific school camps vs the exposure camps like Rivals, Opening and the like are different worlds. Going to a school camp where coaches are present is a good idea particularly if that is the school you want and if they invite you. I do not disagree with Joe, and I think if coaches work hard enough for a kid that is good on the field he has a good as chance as any. The chances increase greatly with program and individual success. There will be about 3500 D1 scholarships handed out this year, Hoban had 5 of them. You can get a look anywhere. Either way I wish the kid luck, I hear good things about him.
OK ... I didn't realize you were talking about Nike ect ... for the most part they are nothing but a glorified/hyped product push ... some of the smaller schools (DII and DIII) use their numbers ... but not the big boys.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-29-18, 05:28 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 793
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Point for Bobby77, 2nd string back and starting LB Trayanum, a sophomore, has just been offered by The Ohio State University. I don’t believe that he has been to a camp yet and did not start as a freshman. WV and Clemson also offered OT Rumler last week and today, no surprise there. WV was at Hoban today and was heading to St V for a stop as well. Hoban currently has 6-8 D1 players returning next year. This after graduating 5 D1 commits this year.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-29-18, 05:36 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,871
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Point for Bobby77, 2nd string back and starting LB Trayanum, a sophomore, has just been offered by The Ohio State University. I donít believe that he has been to a camp yet and did not start as a freshman. WV and Clemson also offered OT Rumler last week and today, no surprise there. WV was at Hoban today and was heading to St V for a stop as well. Hoban currently has 6-8 D1 players returning next year. This after graduating 5 D1 commits this year.
Cougar, tell them about the work program at Hoban that many of the students take part in. It may help clarify things for the skeptics.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-29-18, 06:20 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 793
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
That’s too boring. How about Trayanum just added Norte Dame! And I don’t me college. University of.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-29-18, 06:36 PM
firewatch firewatch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Posts: 3,699
firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Thatís too boring. How about Trayanum just added Norte Dame! And I donít me college. University of.
Is this kid from Akron? What school system is he from?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-29-18, 06:52 PM
Bobby77 Bobby77 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-17
Posts: 384
Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
He is from Akron and is a product of Catholic grade/middle school I believe. I think St Paul???

Not sure what the obsession is with how these kids get their school paid for. Work programs or financial aid, who cares.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-29-18, 06:52 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 793
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
CYO. St Paul.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-29-18, 07:22 PM
sam the butcher sam the butcher is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-16-17
Posts: 889
sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
He is from Akron and is a product of Catholic grade/middle school I believe. I think St Paul???

Not sure what the obsession is with how these kids get their school paid for. Work programs or financial aid, who cares.
Lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Results thread Coach JDean Wrestling 3 12-15-17 09:16 AM
South Range vs Akron Manchester wk12 rematch goldschlager Football 47 11-12-17 05:12 PM
The Canton CC-St. Thomas Aquinas Thread Mr. Slippery Football 76 08-11-17 10:28 AM
manchester football all-time won-lost record mogadore Football 15 07-21-17 01:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz