Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-25-18, 03:41 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
It appears that Wright is indeed transferring to Hoban. No decision on moving to avoid sitting out.
Old 01-25-18, 07:44 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
It appears that Wright is indeed transferring to Hoban. No decision on moving to avoid sitting out.
There isn't much coming back next fall at the Chester. It would have been bleak if he stayed. The next question is does #34 and #5 go back to where they were?
Old 01-25-18, 08:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
There isn't much coming back next fall at the Chester. It would have been bleak if he stayed. The next question is does #34 and #5 go back to where they were?
I disagree I think they will be very competitive. #5, Johnson is a Manchester resident. He transferred home last year from SVSM. A very dangerous threat as a RB, receiver and kick returner. #34 Foster isn't going anywhere. He will be a big contributor in the running game. QB will be the issue. To be honest and blunt, it won't take much to replace France at QB or receiver. They have some very good OL's coming back led by Hettich and Baker. Defensively they lose very little. Wright struggled at LB because of overuse on offense. Knight, Beans and France will be easily replaced. Yea, it'll be harder without Wright, but the cupboard is far from bare. Numbers will be a problem.
Old 01-28-18, 01:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Social media helps with recruiting (Scouting Ohio, hudl...etc)

BUT

If you are surrounded by solid players, it helps!

How many yards would Sibley have if he was running the ball for Akron East vs DeSales or Trotwood?
Wright had over 2000 yds. playing for Manchester. He won't have that at Hoban.
Old 01-28-18, 01:45 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Hoban’s second string running backs have more division one looks than anyone at Manchester. Not being a Hoban homer it is just true.
Old 01-28-18, 02:00 PM
All Region

I am not sure Sibley is the best example. He is a legit D1 running back and proved it four years in a row. 2000 yards at Manchester means nothing. Sibley would have had 4000 which is a better comparison. Sibley ran over St Ed’s, DeSales, Trotwood, and TCC. I am sure the kid from Manchester is good but regardless of what he did at Manchester he will have to learn to share the load. He will quickly learn a new average. To answer the question about Sibley playing for East is too trivial, East has never been good enough to play a state semifinal DeSales or a state final Trotwood.
Old 01-28-18, 02:40 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Hobanís second string running backs have more division one looks than anyone at Manchester. Not being a Hoban homer it is just true.
Lol. Why is that?
Old 01-28-18, 03:17 PM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hobanís second string running backs have more division one looks than anyone at Manchester. Not being a Hoban homer it is just true.
Cherry picking the best talent from Summit and Portage County will allow that to happen. Care to discuss who is paying the tuition for these stars. You mention Sibley which booster paid that bill. How about the Clark circus?
Old 01-28-18, 03:46 PM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Social media helps with recruiting (Scouting Ohio, hudl...etc)

BUT

If you are surrounded by solid players, it helps!

How many yards would Sibley have if he was running the ball for Akron East vs DeSales or Trotwood?
Do you really think colleges recruit players based off of stats???
Old 01-28-18, 04:27 PM
All Region

I don’t know who pays for who and I don’t care. Schools have financial aid packages that are based on family income. People donate for the tuitions to be funded and handed out based on need. Plenty of non-athletes and non-football athletes benefit from this type of aid too. Not sure why anyone would care. People go to public school for free and nobody cares.
Are we seriously doing this?

How about parents that pay full tuition and do not get tax breaks and pay taxes to their local school districts to educate kids that are not theirs? A lot of things aren’t fair. Maybe we can have competitive tax balance. Give me a break, this argument is been beat to death. Bottom line Owner is that how someone is funded for school is none of your business and you have no idea how any student is paid for or not. These are all private family decisions.
Old 01-28-18, 04:41 PM
Moderated User

It called convenience Robert.
Old 01-28-18, 04:57 PM
All Region

I must be missing the point Sam. What is convenient?
Old 01-28-18, 07:18 PM
All Region

Once again, a thread has taken a path from the original topic, that is, Wright transferring from Manchester to Hoban. How his tuition is paid isn't the topic. There are many benefactors at ALL schools. The point is, he is transferring and will have to sit out half of football, basketball and track. Unless the they relocate out of Manchester. He is already being recruited by D1's. He can't do any better than the 2000 yds.he had at Manchester at Hoban. I believe it is risky on his part. If he doesn't want to play QB at Manchester, he won't.
Old 01-28-18, 07:38 PM
All Region

Thanks Young, I can’t for the life of me figure how my comment about backups getting looks warranted an inquisition into a young man’s family financials.

DBO4-my point is at Hoban most of these kids are getting looks without the need for the camp scene or to market themselflves. The coaches come to them. The only thing that earns scholarships is how you look on film and who you are playing against. College coaches do not go to camps or watch camp film. They care about game film. Playing against St V, Iggy, Benny, etc makes a HUGE difference. Camps are to sell subscriptions and shoes, if anyone tells you different they know nothing about recruiting and have spent too much time on twitter.
Old 01-28-18, 08:11 PM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks Young, I canít for the life of me figure how my comment about backups getting looks warranted an inquisition into a young manís family financials.

DBO4-my point is at Hoban most of these kids are getting looks without the need for the camp scene or to market themselflves. The coaches come to them. The only thing that earns scholarships is how you look on film and who you are playing against. College coaches do not go to camps or watch camp film. They care about game film. Playing against St V, Iggy, Benny, etc makes a HUGE difference. Camps are to sell subscriptions and shoes, if anyone tells you different they know nothing about recruiting and have spent too much time on twitter.
Oh I don't know, maybe it's the fact you are on here boasting about Hoban buying the best players in the area to the point of having an all star team. The better part is you acting like you're some expert on college recruiting.
Old 01-28-18, 08:49 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks Young, I canít for the life of me figure how my comment about backups getting looks warranted an inquisition into a young manís family financials.

Yes and no ... camps will not get you a scholarship, game films means the most (and good measurables)... but most of the colleges DO want these athletes to attend THEIR camp ... so they can get a closer look at the athlete ... most of the time they have already made up their mind, but for some (those on the boarder) a good camp can help get them a scholarship ... the type of athlete that a camp can help ... players from smaller schools ... it allows the college to see if they compare to the big boys ... this is coming from a guy with almost 20 years of high school head coaching and no twitter account ... also a good camp (for young players) can put them on a college radar ... no it will not get them a scholarship, but it does help small school athletes get noticed.

Also, college coaches will visit small schools, if they have an athlete that measures up ... we had most of the Big Tens schools in for a player that ended up going to Youngstown St ... the Big Schools may not stop in very year to the small schools, but if the coach lets them know they have a player with major talent ... they will visit. Those schools will visit Manchester ... Jim France is pretty well know among college coaches. Finally, I know this was true just a few years ago ... not exactly sure if or how the new rules have changed, but am sure not that much.
Old 01-28-18, 09:03 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Yes and no ... camps will not get you a scholarship, game films means the most (and good measurables)... but most of the colleges DO want these athletes to attend THEIR camp ... so they can get a closer look at the athlete ... most of the time they have already made up their mind, but for some (those on the boarder) a good camp can help get them a scholarship ... the type of athlete that a camp can help ... players from smaller schools ... it allows the college to see if they compare to the big boys ... this is coming from a guy with almost 20 years of high school head coaching and no twitter account ... also a good camp (for young players) can put them on a college radar ... no it will not get them a scholarship, but it does help small school athletes get noticed.

Also, college coaches will visit small schools, if they have an athlete that measures up ... we had most of the Big Tens schools in for a player that ended up going to Youngstown St ... the Big Schools may not stop in very year to the small schools, but if the coach lets them know they have a player with major talent ... they will visit. Those schools will visit Manchester ... Jim France is pretty well know among college coaches. Finally, I know this was true just a few years ago ... not exactly sure if or how the new rules have changed, but am sure not that much.
Well, you obviously have no credibility. We'd much rather rely on haters and cheerleaders for the inside scoop.
Old 01-28-18, 09:33 PM
All Region

Specific school camps vs the exposure camps like Rivals, Opening and the like are different worlds. Going to a school camp where coaches are present is a good idea particularly if that is the school you want and if they invite you. I do not disagree with Joe, and I think if coaches work hard enough for a kid that is good on the field he has a good as chance as any. The chances increase greatly with program and individual success. There will be about 3500 D1 scholarships handed out this year, Hoban had 5 of them. You can get a look anywhere. Either way I wish the kid luck, I hear good things about him.
Old 01-29-18, 08:23 AM
All District

NEOballer is on a distinguished road
Wright played Friday night in Manchester's basketball game against Triway
Old 01-29-18, 09:29 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOballer View Post
Wright played Friday night in Manchester's basketball game against Triway
Transferring at end of school year, supposedly.
Old 01-29-18, 09:34 AM
Junior Varsity

BeachBison is on a distinguished road
Is this really a done deal? Always hear stories of this and the kid ends up staying at home school. Feel bad for Manchester, because this isn't the first instance in which the kid has been bantered around to other schools. It has to be very exhausting and taxing for his teammates, coaches, and community. Heading into his freshmen year it was either Massillon or St. V. Now, it's a done deal to Hoban. This will drag out all the way till June and by the time it gets here, everyone will be sick of hearing about it.
Old 01-29-18, 11:20 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBison View Post
Is this really a done deal? Always hear stories of this and the kid ends up staying at home school. Feel bad for Manchester, because this isn't the first instance in which the kid has been bantered around to other schools. It has to be very exhausting and taxing for his teammates, coaches, and community. Heading into his freshmen year it was either Massillon or St. V. Now, it's a done deal to Hoban. This will drag out all the way till June and by the time it gets here, everyone will be sick of hearing about it.
The reason you keep hearing about it, is because he keeps visiting schools. If he hadn't visited SVSM his 8th grade year and shadowed at Hoban this year, it wouldn't be an issue. This being the 2nd time, not so sure there is a lot of angst about it. It appears that people have moved on and will wait to see what he does this time.
Old 01-29-18, 12:01 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Specific school camps vs the exposure camps like Rivals, Opening and the like are different worlds. Going to a school camp where coaches are present is a good idea particularly if that is the school you want and if they invite you. I do not disagree with Joe, and I think if coaches work hard enough for a kid that is good on the field he has a good as chance as any. The chances increase greatly with program and individual success. There will be about 3500 D1 scholarships handed out this year, Hoban had 5 of them. You can get a look anywhere. Either way I wish the kid luck, I hear good things about him.
OK ... I didn't realize you were talking about Nike ect ... for the most part they are nothing but a glorified/hyped product push ... some of the smaller schools (DII and DIII) use their numbers ... but not the big boys.
Old 01-29-18, 05:28 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Point for Bobby77, 2nd string back and starting LB Trayanum, a sophomore, has just been offered by The Ohio State University. I don’t believe that he has been to a camp yet and did not start as a freshman. WV and Clemson also offered OT Rumler last week and today, no surprise there. WV was at Hoban today and was heading to St V for a stop as well. Hoban currently has 6-8 D1 players returning next year. This after graduating 5 D1 commits this year.
Old 01-29-18, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Point for Bobby77, 2nd string back and starting LB Trayanum, a sophomore, has just been offered by The Ohio State University. I donít believe that he has been to a camp yet and did not start as a freshman. WV and Clemson also offered OT Rumler last week and today, no surprise there. WV was at Hoban today and was heading to St V for a stop as well. Hoban currently has 6-8 D1 players returning next year. This after graduating 5 D1 commits this year.
Cougar, tell them about the work program at Hoban that many of the students take part in. It may help clarify things for the skeptics.
Old 01-29-18, 06:20 PM
All Ohio

That’s too boring. How about Trayanum just added Norte Dame! And I don’t me college. University of.
Old 01-29-18, 06:36 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Thatís too boring. How about Trayanum just added Norte Dame! And I donít me college. University of.
Is this kid from Akron? What school system is he from?
Old 01-29-18, 06:52 PM
All Region

He is from Akron and is a product of Catholic grade/middle school I believe. I think St Paul???

Not sure what the obsession is with how these kids get their school paid for. Work programs or financial aid, who cares.
Old 01-29-18, 06:52 PM
All Ohio

CYO. St Paul.
Old 01-29-18, 07:22 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
He is from Akron and is a product of Catholic grade/middle school I believe. I think St Paul???

Not sure what the obsession is with how these kids get their school paid for. Work programs or financial aid, who cares.
Lol.