Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-18-18, 08:34 PM
Junior Varsity

BigArlie8 is on a distinguished road
Greenon HS

OMG we just picked up Wayneís Blevins as an OC, this is sweet
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-18, 10:11 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
OK, but it is actually better news for Wayne!
Old 04-18-18, 11:52 PM
All District

High School84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
OK, but it is actually better news for Wayne!
Vampy youíre a numbers guy you hate Blevins and think heís a bad OC but explain these stats for me. Before Blevins got to Wayne their playoff record was 8-13. Since he took over OC they went 16-7 in the playoffs. 1 State title appearance before he got there. Then went too 3 with him there, could have been 4 if two fake punts donít happen against Pick Central in 2016. Wayne made it 2 times to the third round of the playoffs before Blevins. Since Blevins Wayne has made it too the third round 5 out of 8 years. So I just donít get why Wayne started having all this success when he comes over but has nothing to do with him. Did Wayne not have the talent too make 3 title runs before he came? Did talent just magically show up at Wayne from 2010? Iím just wondering if you could explain too me how all the success just magically came when Blevins took over OC? Numbers donít lie Vampy. Now you can say oh he shouldnít have called this shouldnít have called that anyone can say that up in the stands or after the game. Just want to hear your feedback.
Old 04-19-18, 06:37 AM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
I have two questions. 1) Is this true? 2) If it is true, did he leave on his own or was he told to move on?
Old 04-19-18, 01:22 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB View Post
I have two questions. 1) Is this true? 2) If it is true, did he leave on his own or was he told to move on?
Well since I am a part of the Greenon staff Iím pretty sure I wouldnít just be putting it out there as a lie. I have heard he left on his own terms and I am really excited to get to work with him.
Old 04-19-18, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by High School84 View Post
Vampy you’re a numbers guy you hate Blevins and think he’s a bad OC but explain these stats for me. Before Blevins got to Wayne their playoff record was 8-13. Since he took over OC they went 16-7 in the playoffs. 1 State title appearance before he got there. Then went too 3 with him there, could have been 4 if two fake punts don’t happen against Pick Central in 2016. Wayne made it 2 times to the third round of the playoffs before Blevins. Since Blevins Wayne has made it too the third round 5 out of 8 years. So I just don’t get why Wayne started having all this success when he comes over but has nothing to do with him. Did Wayne not have the talent too make 3 title runs before he came? Did talent just magically show up at Wayne from 2010? I’m just wondering if you could explain too me how all the success just magically came when Blevins took over OC? Numbers don’t lie Vampy. Now you can say oh he shouldn’t have called this shouldn’t have called that anyone can say that up in the stands or after the game. Just want to hear your feedback.
Actually no, if you take the time and look at most of my posts about Blevins I often stuck up for him. I do not think he is a bad OC but there has been some very questionable calls in big games such as state title games that does not make sense... such as, you are pounding the ball on the ground and score at will on 1 drive but the next 3 passes, 3 and out and punt. A game in the pouring side ways rain in which the passing game is not existent yet pass pass pass is called. Even after 6 interceptions later with Wayne driving on the ground the call comes in for a pass.... Times were the QB is getting killed but yet the screen pass is no where in the play book.....

As for talent at Wayne, Wayne had ton of it under Schneider but could not get it done. The reason, Air Schneiders philosophy of pass pass pass.... Even with a Torrence Wilson who ripped up the yardage on the ground they go away from him.

My comment about it is better for Wayne that he is gone is that I believe it was causing issues with players questioning what was being called. No doubt the majority of the Wayne fan base wanted him gone even though the numbers showed the improvement of the Wayne offense. Look, when D. Trice was under center I don't care who the OC was Wayne was going to score 50+ points a game with that offense over the last 2 seasons.

The expectations at Wayne is no longer just beat Centerville, it is no longer make the playoffs, it is no longer win a game or 2 in the playoffs.... it flat out is win a state title. Fair or unfair that is what it is.

In summary, I personally did not have that much of an issue with Blevins other than some decisions in key games but I feel in my opinion that it is better that he is gone.
Old 04-19-18, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB View Post
All I know is that he is no longer at Wayne.
Old 04-24-18, 07:53 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigArlie8 View Post
OMG we just picked up Wayneís Blevins as an OC, this is sweet

Greenon could hire Urban Meyer and still lose. Itís the kids that they have to work with. Greenon has the talent but they havenít won in forever. Would take more than a good OC. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-18, 09:13 AM
All District

High School84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Greenon could hire Urban Meyer and still lose. Itís the kids that they have to work with. Greenon has the talent but they havenít won in forever. Would take more than a good OC. Sorry.

Greenon went 3-6 last year with one loss by 4 points? You do know they still donít have that losing streak correct.
Old 04-24-18, 12:08 PM
Junior Varsity

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
Greenon beat three awful Division 7 schools last year. Theoretically, they should be able to win some more games, as the move to the OHC has given them a chance to play some really small schools.
Old 04-24-18, 01:16 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Greenon is yuk!
Old 04-24-18, 03:32 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
If Greenon being as bad you people say, why would the OC from Wayne go there?
Old 04-25-18, 05:57 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
because he's childhood friends with the HC.
Old 04-25-18, 06:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
because he's childhood friends with the HC.

Interesting...

Old 04-25-18, 03:20 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
I wish him well also but he would often outthink himself. As Vamps mentioned, there were times where you knew Wayne couldnít be stopped and Coach Blevins would do the opposite or line up in the shotgun formation on fourth and inches.
Old 04-25-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

Milton had a coach like that at one time. Never lined up and said, “stop us” Wayne did well due to athletic talent.
Old 04-25-18, 06:12 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I also read that his son was coaching at Greenon and he wanted the opportunity to coach with him. I respect someone who puts family first. You don't get those years back and hopefully it's something they will both cherish in the future.
Old 04-25-18, 11:57 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by High School84 View Post
Greenon went 3-6 last year with one loss by 4 points? You do know they still donít have that losing streak correct.
4 point loss was to a bad Southeastern team. Didnít Greenon cancel first game due to a bunch of injuries?

Lost to fort loramie by 38
West jeff-22
West liberty by 72
Greenview by 43
Madison plains by 26
Old 04-26-18, 12:14 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
4 point loss was to a bad Southeastern team. Didn’t Greenon cancel first game due to a bunch of injuries?

West jeff-22
West liberty by 72
Greenview by 43
Madison plains by 26
I could be mistaken here, but I thought they cancelled the week 1 game because of the fact that two-or-three students were killed in a car crash two days before.
Old 04-26-18, 06:17 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
4 point loss was to a bad Southeastern team. Didnít Greenon cancel first game due to a bunch of injuries?

West jeff-22
West liberty by 72
Greenview by 43
Madison plains by 26
Greenon cancelled its first game because our starting running back was killed in a car crash along with a senior soccer player. I will attest that after the loss of these two young men there were a lot of kids on the team that lost heart in everything.
Old 04-26-18, 07:02 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigArlie8 View Post
Greenon cancelled its first game because our starting running back was killed in a car crash along with a senior soccer player. I will attest that after the loss of these two young men there were a lot of kids on the team that lost heart in everything.
This was very sad and heartbreaking. I remember the Tipp football team sent over a signed poster showing support as Coach Derge and Coach Derry are both Greenon Alums
Old 04-26-18, 10:29 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post

BEA- I typically agree with a lot that you post, but this post makes 0 sense.

- They couldn't win with Urban Meyer BUT you essentially claim it's the culture that is holding them back (good coaches change culture).
- The problem is the kids they have to work with BUT you say that the talent is there.

Greenon can be turned around and it wouldn't be that hard with the right coach at the helm. Urban Meyer would probably do the trick, lol.
Old 05-14-18, 10:58 AM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
It has been a long time since Greenon was a good football team. When I played in 1999 they had five transfers from Southeastern and went 7-3 losing to good Bellefontaine and Tecumseh teams in the old CBC. They beat us really bad that season as we were only 3-7 with a lot of youth that season. Greenon had some down years after that and ended up winning the CBC a few seasons around 2006 and 2007 I believe?? I could be wrong on the league titles because we went to the OHC after 2000, but I do know they were good again when they had Jackson at RB those years in the mid 2000s.
Old 05-16-18, 06:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wls_color View Post
BEA- I typically agree with a lot that you post, but this post makes 0 sense.

- They couldn't win with Urban Meyer BUT you essentially claim it's the culture that is holding them back (good coaches change culture).

- The problem is the kids they have to work with BUT you say that the talent is there.

Greenon can be turned around and it wouldn't be that hard with the right coach at the helm. Urban Meyer would probably do the trick, lol.

It was said as a joke. Greenon has been terrible for years but is a decent community. I played vs Greenon back in 82 and we were fortunate to beat them. They were good back then.
Sorry for the ignorant post.