Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-16-18, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Cramps posts make 14red look knowledgeable and Indiadad’s projections realistic by comparison.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-18, 03:41 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Hold off on Harvey bringing back a big return. Staked to a 4-0 lead before he hit the mound, he's now only up 4-3 in the 3rd inning. So far he's gone 2 innings, 7 hits and 3 runs.
Old 05-16-18, 05:08 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Yeah everyone else has. Odd IndianDad would make up lies about being mocked for that.
Now I'm lying? Show me the post where everyone agreed during ST that Garrett had turned the corner and should be starting this season.

There are pages of post saying I was crazy for making a statement like that.
Old 05-16-18, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Now I'm lying? Show me the post where everyone agreed during ST that Garrett had turned the corner and should be starting this season.

That’s because saying he turned the corner based on spring training was moronic.
Old 05-16-18, 09:14 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You can't separate the two. It was silly to say he turned the corner based on Spring Training, but everyone agreed he should have been put in the rotation.
Old 05-17-18, 05:22 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
You can't separate the two. It was silly to say he turned the corner based on Spring Training, but everyone agreed he should have been put in the rotation.
Really? You can show me your post from March saying he should be in the Rotation then?

Wolves said he should be.
I said he should be.
Both of our post were based on his ST performance.

EP wanted him in the rotation because he was "drafted and groomed" to be a starter. That's a great reason! lol

MonclovaSteve did not want him in the rotation. No one else offered a definitive opinion.
Old 05-17-18, 05:30 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Hold off on Harvey bringing back a big return. Staked to a 4-0 lead before he hit the mound, he's now only up 4-3 in the 3rd inning. So far he's gone 2 innings, 7 hits and 3 runs.
Nice adjustment by Harvey to strikeout 5 of the last 6 batters faced.

In 2 games he has a 3.38 ERA AND A WHIP of 1.00
Old 05-17-18, 05:34 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The fighting Scooters!
Old 05-17-18, 06:39 AM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really? You can show me your post from March saying he should be in the Rotation then?

I said he should be.

EP wanted him in the rotation because he was "drafted and groomed" to be a starter. That's a great reason! lol

MonclovaSteve did not want him in the rotation. No one else offered a definitive opinion.
If you're going to post about something I said, then don't say something that's false.
Old 05-17-18, 06:40 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

You made the claim that everyone ridiculed you. YOU provide proof. That's how this works.

And I never said everyone agreed he had turned the corner. I agreed with ads saying everyone thinks he should get work as a SP. Try and put words in my mouth. Not only are you a liar but you're obviously a troll.
Old 05-17-18, 06:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I said he should be.

It’s a better reason than saying he “turned the corner” in spring training.
Old 05-17-18, 06:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
If you're going to post about something I said, then don't say something that's false.
Well he lies, so...
Old 05-17-18, 06:46 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Does anyone think indiandad and 14red are the same person?

Just hard to imagine two people with extra chromosomes posting on the same site.
Old 05-17-18, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I said he should be.

I probably didn't post anything about it because it was Spring Training. Seemed to me the consensus from most on here, was that he should be in the rotation.
Old 05-17-18, 07:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I probably didn't post anything about it because it was Spring Training. Seemed to me the consensus from most on here, was that he should be in the rotation.
Yup, pretty much. He’s a young guy, groomed to be a starter, had a learning year that ended in injury, he deserved another shot so the reds could determine if he was someone they wanted to build around in the rotation. That POV has merit, obviously. Proclaiming he definitely “turned the corner” in spring training is quite stupid and worthy of 14red level ridicule.
Old 05-17-18, 07:47 AM
All World

So weird that IndianDad can't differentiate between thinking he deserves a shot as a SP and thinking he has turned a corner.
Old 05-17-18, 08:31 AM
All World

Indiandad, please take some advice, do not debate or even acknowledge Taco and EP. No matter what you post, they twist and poke and prod until you get way off the subject.

Just continue posting your thoughts on the current season. There are level headed, normal fans on this thread that will respond accordingly. You certainly aren't obligated to respond to trolls...
Old 05-17-18, 09:16 AM
All World

So, a sweep in LA, a 5-2 road trip. Do you think this is improvement, or just a hot streak by a bad team?

Also, another narrative that's gaining some steam is what to do with Scooter Gennett. He's arguably the hottest hitter on the team and is still relatively young (age 27). I believe he has one more year of arbitration, and will be in the $9 mill range next season if you just keep on the same plane.
Do you consider signing him long term? Do you feel he could be a piece of a Reds contending team in 3-4 years or whenever? Or do you start looking for suitors to trade him to in July or August? You're going to have to open up space for Senzel somewhere, be it 3rd base, 2nd base, outfield or whatever. He's currently been playing 2nd base in Louisville, although he's been out now for 2 weeks with the vertigo issue.
Thoughts?
Old 05-17-18, 09:27 AM
All World

14Red, the whole thing with Scooter was discussed, at length, like a week or 2 ago. Everyone already gave their thoughts. Go read back a few pages, I could have sworn you were involved in it.
Old 05-17-18, 09:56 AM
All World

14Rtard experiencing short-term memory loss?
Old 05-17-18, 10:25 AM
All Yappi

Why aren’t we talking about scooter’s future?
Old 05-17-18, 10:34 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
14Red, the whole thing with Scooter was discussed, at length, like a week or 2 ago. Everyone already gave their thoughts. Go read back a few pages, I could have sworn you were involved in it.
Wasn't talking to you moron...
Old 05-17-18, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

Old 05-17-18, 11:10 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Where did I make the argument FOR Bailey?

Wolves brought up veteran starters taking up starts. The only veterans are Bailey and Harvey. Disco would be the next closest. I asked him to clarify who he meant. He has yet to do so.
My clarification was a few days ago. I said any veteran who is not in the rebuild plan, who will be gone when their contract is up, should not be eating up innings. Unless we think we can dangle them as trade bait, then they need to play. So basically not Homer, and probably not Harvey, but we need to try Harvey a few more times to see if he can find himself.

I would have no objection to Disco pitching when healthy, to see if he can help us going forward.
Old 05-17-18, 11:15 AM
All Ohio

How about that Joey Votto? I presume most of you heard his comments on the podcast.

He really took shots at management and sided with the fans. Said he has been in the organization 17 years, and is very concerned that so many core fans (like us) are losing interest. He really wants to be a part of fixing it. Extra respect from me for doing this.
Old 05-17-18, 11:18 AM
All World

Quote:
Wasn't talking to you moron...
Of course you were. You made an open post. Nowhere in it did you specifically mention to post being directed at someone.

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.p...27#post7036727

brianwr112, IndianDad, adselder, yourself, Monclova Steve, wolves, Winston, Gh0st, Arrogate, myself were all part of that discussion. If you want everyone's thoughts on it start at the link above and read on, moron.
Old 05-17-18, 11:27 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yes, we all know that baseball personnel decisions should be based on 2 innings worth of information.
Old 05-17-18, 11:32 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
So, a sweep in LA, a 5-2 road trip. Do you think this is improvement, or just a hot streak by a bad team?

Also, another narrative that's gaining some steam is what to do with Scooter Gennett. He's arguably the hottest hitter on the team and is still relatively young (age 27). I believe he has one more year of arbitration, and will be in the $9 mill range next season if you just keep on the same plane.
Do you consider signing him long term? Do you feel he could be a piece of a Reds contending team in 3-4 years or whenever? Or do you start looking for suitors to trade him to in July or August? You're going to have to open up space for Senzel somewhere, be it 3rd base, 2nd base, outfield or whatever. He's currently been playing 2nd base in Louisville, although he's been out now for 2 weeks with the vertigo issue.
Thoughts?
Until the SP improves, this is a hot streak by a bad team. I'd love to see the next week also be 5-2, with 4 or 5 games where the starters go 7 innings. Then we might be on to something. But in the meantime, it's just baseball. Streaks happen. As I said, we caught the Dodgers without Kershaw and Seager. Also missing Justin Turner and Logan Forsythe.
Old 05-17-18, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Thoughts?
This was already talked about 2-3 pages ago like Taco said. You commented on it a few times. No, you don't sign him. You trade him to a contender at the deadline.
Old 05-17-18, 11:52 AM
All World

Wow! 14R name calling!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: