Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-16-18, 11:50 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Larry does suck. Who else could f**k up so badly with such a talented roster?
No one immediately comes to mind, just as it didn't the other 100 times the question has been asked over the years.

That said, your input is always noted and appreciated, pboy.
Old 05-16-18, 12:14 PM
Freshman

ish kabbible is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
No one immediately comes to mind, just as it didn't the other 100 times the question has been asked over the years.

That said, your input is always noted and appreciated, pboy.
West probably could've hired Rodenberg. His time was up at Moeller but he's still a much better coach than Cox. Not much ambition for anything better than mediocre out that way (lakota) I guess.
Old 05-16-18, 12:21 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ish kabbible View Post
West probably could've hired Rodenberg. His time was up at Moeller but he's still a much better coach than Cox. Not much ambition for anything better than mediocre out that way (lakota) I guess.
I'm sure there won't be a shortage of qualified applicants when the time comes.
Old 05-17-18, 03:49 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Colerain
FF, Mason, and Sycamore
Can anyone crack the top 4? Will OH win a league game?
Old 05-18-18, 06:50 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Colerain
FF, Mason, and Sycamore
Can anyone crack the top 4? Will OH win a league game?

I might be a little bias but I think Princeton can crack the top 4 if they change up their offensive scheme. The defense wasn't bad last year even tho they didn't play Colerain
Old 05-18-18, 07:34 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
If Princeton goes .500 is the season a failure? Also how long is the leash Daniels has? does a losing season put him on the hotseat?
Old 05-18-18, 07:48 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
If Princeton goes .500 is the season a failure? Also how long is the leash Daniels has? does a losing season put him on the hotseat?

.500 for Princeton would not be a failure but not what you are looking for. A losing season for Daniels would not put him in the hot seat yet, but definitely would be concerning with having a good amount of talent there
Old 05-18-18, 08:29 AM
All District

red123
He probably warmed his own seat when he showed his hand by trying to jump back to college ball when the UC position opened a few weeks ago.
Old 05-18-18, 09:00 AM
All American

oxat622
Those kids on Chester Road deserve some freaking consistency from their coaches. They could be really special if there wasn't such a revolving door.
Old 05-18-18, 11:01 AM
All World

Agree oxat, they need someone to be there for 3+ years who can put it together. The constant change really hurts when it comes to keeping marginal kids engaged.
Old 05-18-18, 01:57 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
Those kids on Chester Road deserve some freaking consistency from their coaches. They could be really special if there wasn't such a revolving door.
Sadly that's not the mission of the decision makers, they would rather have a "name" (whose mission is to make his name great) vs. someone who would be committed to staying and making Princeton's name great
Old 05-18-18, 04:26 PM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
i think Daniels is committed for awhile, lots of speculation on this board of what is going on with that program. until its proven other wise ill continue to back the program.
Old 05-18-18, 06:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
.500 for Princeton would not be a failure but not what you are looking for. A losing season for Daniels would not put him in the hot seat yet, but definitely would be concerning with having a good amount of talent there
Thats why I asked because they have talent. I think they have potential to win 7-8 games if they can fix the offense.
Old 05-18-18, 08:09 PM
All World

Who does Oak Hills beat this year? Does East or West win a significant game?
Old 05-18-18, 08:52 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
i think Daniels is committed for awhile, lots of speculation on this board of what is going on with that program. until its proven other wise ill continue to back the program.
Ha...yea he's committed until the second someone in the college ranks offers him a job. And it's no secret he's trying to parlay the two big recruits that are going to be juniors, into a position for himself.
Old 05-19-18, 08:33 AM
All World

Agree...Daniels gone in a less than 2 years.
Old 05-20-18, 09:50 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
Daniels dumped him
not so fast my friend , most jobs require you show up to work .
Old 05-22-18, 06:33 PM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
I'd LOVE to be optimistic about Masons chances this upcoming year, but I don't think they'll finish better than 5-5 or 6-4. They've just lost too much and the talent is not there to replace the kids they're losing. These graduating seniors have been looked at by many as the most talented class to ever come out of Mason. Watching many of the kids who are following them does not give me much optimism. My guess is they don't finish higher than fifth for the foreseeable future.

Eight of the eleven starters on an outstanding defense were seniors. Almost every starter was an All GMC selection. Zaid Hamdan (DL Ohio State) and Jake Bracher (LB Akron) were first team All Southwest and first team All City. Hamdan was named All State as well and Bracher led the team in tackles the past two years. Other All GMC seniors were Tyree and Tyrell Mizell, and Cole Pearce. This was a defense which recorded 6 shutouts doing the course of the season. They do have both starting defensive ends, seniors Casey Miller and Chase Evans returning and they are very good. Senior Cameron Wood was at defensive tackle for the majority of the year and he comes back as well as senior Don Nigroe at a Safety spot. Junior Jake Orlando also did an outstanding job when he stepped in at the DB position. It will have to be seen how junior LB Jack Haglich bounces back after a nasty ankle injury in the last JV game last season. Another question will be the effect of losing the Defensive coordinator they've had for the past two years. Barak Faulk has left and taken the Head Coaching job at Monroe. At least one assistant and his very talented defensive lineman son are joining him. It's going to be hard because to a large extent the defense reflected Faulks hard nosed, aggresive personality.

Offensively, how does Mason replace first team All State, All SWO and All City Matt Sora (RB Indiana State) Answer, they can't! Coaches throughout the GMC have been waiting three years for him to leave. Besides Sora, the Comets also lose All GMC players, Will Adams (QB UC), Tanner Knue (Slot Back Eastern Michigan) Austin Croy (WR Ohio U) Christian Hutchinson (TE Navy) Buzz Crogan (C Marian University) and Eric Miller (T Purdue). The only sophomores and juniors to see any playing time last year were RB Logan Dalton, T Brogan Reed, G Emerik Moser and WR Alec Dardis.

There's going to be a BIG drop off this year compared to what Mason fans have become accustomed to these past three years. While I hope for the best there is no way Coach Castner will be able to replace the talent, the leadership or the work ethic he's enjoyed and it's going to be a struggle.
Hearing Faulk at Monroe is running into problems, students in school saying back to Mason?
Old 05-23-18, 03:24 PM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAT View Post
Hearing Faulk at Monroe is running into problems, students in school saying back to Mason?
While I cannot confirm or deny, I've heard the same thing. Question is, where's that put his son who I believe has been attending Monroe but has never played for them? There has to be some sort of hardship allowance.
Old 05-23-18, 11:32 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
While I cannot confirm or deny, I've heard the same thing. Question is, where's that put his son who I believe has been attending Monroe but has never played for them? There has to be some sort of hardship allowance.
That will be an interesting one....
Old 05-24-18, 06:17 AM
All World

BlueBomber94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
At least 1,500 yards lol. Nobody in the GMC has figured out how to stop Colerain's running attack
Neither has anyone out-of-state either. I was just talking to someone yesterday about Colerain's record against out-of-state teams. I think Lou Trinity is the only team from OOS that has ever defeated Colerain in decades. Teams come in thinking they're going to stomp little Colerain and they either lose by a little or get slaughtered by Colerain.

Hoover, AL (MTV Two-a-Days)
Tyler Lee, TX
Cocoa, FL (3 consecutive state champs) and 45-game winning streak, I believe.

Among some top dogs in their state at the time. All lost to Big C.
Old 05-24-18, 01:29 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBomber94 View Post
Neither has anyone out-of-state either. I was just talking to someone yesterday about Colerain's record against out-of-state teams. I think Lou Trinity is the only team from OOS that has ever defeated Colerain in decades. Teams come in thinking they're going to stomp little Colerain and they either lose by a little or get slaughtered by Colerain.

Tyler Lee, TX

One could argue the only schools that have been able to slow it down/stop it is are the GCL schools (I would say St. X has done it the best, most consistently over the years) along with some of the Columbus schools that Colerain has drawn when they've won the region. The 2000 game against Upper Arlington and the 2006 game with Hilliard Davidson come to mind.
Old 05-24-18, 02:38 PM
All Ohio

middiemagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
Thats why I asked because they have talent. I think they have potential to win 7-8 games if they can fix the offense.
Could it be some of that ‘talent’ is ‘transferring’ into PHS from their rampant recruiting efforts? Hamilton, East, FF, West, and MTown have not only been visited by colleges but Princeton HS or one of their coaches as well. Word has it that the conference isn’t pleased with this type of activity. Not so sure winning 7-8 games will matter if the OHSAA imposes sanctions and their playoff opportunities get suspended.
Old 05-24-18, 09:36 PM
All Ohio

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBomber94 View Post

Tyler Lee, TX

1935 Colerain 25 Crescent Springs (KY) 6
1957 Colerain 39 Campbell County (KY) 7
1997 Colerain 28 Holmes (KY) 6
1999 Colerain 17 Detroit St. Martin de Porres (MI) 6
2003 Colerain 42 Boone County (KY) 6
2005 Colerain 45 Ft. Thomas Highlands (KY) 14
2005 Colerain 27 Tyler Robert E. Lee (TX) 12
2006 Colerain 28 Springfield Cardinal O'Hara (PA) 0
2007 Colerain 77 Clark Road Canada 8
2007 Colerain 20 Hoover (AL) 17
2008 Colerain 33 Ft. Thomas Highlands (KY) 18
2008 Colerain 14 McKeesport (PA) 7
2009 Colerain 42 Dupont Manual (KY) 0
2010 Colerain 34 Dupont Manual (KY) 7
2011 Colerain 17 Cocoa (FL) 7
2011 Colerain 37 Ryle (KY) 0
2012 Colerain 35 Ryle (KY) 0
2013 Colerain 45 Park Vista (FL) 27
2013 Colerain 42 Trinity (KY) 28
2014 Colerain 27 Trinity (KY) 36
2015 Colerain 27 Warren Central (IN) 16
2016 Colerain 31 Warren Central (IN) 28
(18 - 1 - 0)

Colerain is 18-1 all-time against out of state competition dating back to 1935, once in 1957, 1997 and 1999, and then really started regularly playing OOS in 2005. Might have been 19-1 but Highlands backed out of a home and home after the game in 2008 but that also led to the scheduling of Dupont Manual out of Louisville, so probably a wash.

Happens to a lot of of OOS teams vs. Cincy teams. I remember in 2008 back a 4-6 St. X team beat the 07/08 back to back Alabama champs Prattville. Prattville looked like a college team but somehow X held to under 150 yards and won on a late score

With the 8 game GMC schedule and X and Lasalle on the schedule for the next years it might be awhile before the record is tested again.
Old 05-24-18, 10:14 PM
All District

red123
Quote:
Originally Posted by middiemagic View Post
Could it be some of that ‘talent’ is ‘transferring’ into PHS from their rampant recruiting efforts? Hamilton, East, FF, West, and MTown have not only been visited by colleges but Princeton HS or one of their coaches as well. Word has it that the conference isn’t pleased with this type of activity. Not so sure winning 7-8 games will matter if the OHSAA imposes sanctions and their playoff opportunities get suspended.
Not much good news coming out of P-town.
1. Shady handling of (installing new coordinator offense) then “releasing” him.
2. Head coach trying to run back to college ball at 1st chance.
3. Several Accusations of recruitment????

(Come back coach cal?)
Old 05-25-18, 08:29 AM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by red123 View Post

(Come back coach cal?)
No.
Old 05-25-18, 08:53 AM
All District

red123
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
No.
I am sorry.....I should have made it clear that was made in jest
Old 05-25-18, 10:10 AM
All District

Quote:
Thats my first time hearing of that, and that should be frowned. you're right it could get ugly if sanctions were imposed, but first an entity would have to prove that happened. otherwise thats simply hearsay and at most a warning from OHSAA.
Old 05-25-18, 11:09 AM
All District

red123
Rumors of a shocking (not) development at West?
Old 05-25-18, 11:57 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is that really happening if Daniels isn't tweeting it with himself in the picture?