Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-24-18, 07:40 AM
Junior Varsity

Whisker is on a distinguished road
Gibsonburg football 2018

I see that their former coach took a job at Tiffin Calvert.
They return a fair number of skilled players, looks to be a decent job for the next few years.

First season returning to SBC, will be interesting to see how things turn out
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-18, 08:54 PM
Junior Varsity

cometrules is on a distinguished road
Will be totally different playing in the SBC. No more playing in the worst conference in the state, not more Toledo Christian, Danbury, Edon, O. Hills, Stritch and Northwood ect. Now the 10-0 or 9-1 teams will be 6-4 and 5-5.
I do hope you find a good so you can good at least 8-2. Gibsonburg people I've talked to are glad he left. Even issues in the classroom.
Old 04-29-18, 03:21 AM
All Region

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometrules View Post
Will be totally different playing in the SBC. No more playing in the worst conference in the state, not more Toledo Christian, Danbury, Edon, O. Hills, Stritch and Northwood ect. Now the 10-0 or 9-1 teams will be 6-4 and 5-5.
I do hope you find a good so you can good at least 8-2. Gibsonburg people I've talked to are glad he left. Even issues in the classroom.
Apparently you had issues in the classroom also. You definitely need to work on your grammar.
Old 04-29-18, 04:48 AM
Freshman

North LS is on a distinguished road
I have no respect for gibsonburg football .Recent records in playoffs show this.1 and done ! There going to sbc which again will expose them.The Sbc diviaions are humorous to say least.
Old 04-29-18, 05:01 AM
Freshman

There's a school for years have tried to get in sbc but flat told no of this reason or that.Since 2000 this school has sent more kids to division 3 programs ,division 2 programs and division 1 programs and based on upcoming talent it will continue.There 7th grade destroyed people last year.6th grade was undefeated. Between clyde / Bellevue/ Sandusky/ tiffin this school has put MORE kids than those schools combined to college to play football.Thats why sbc is humorous.Wont even look at this school but enrollment falls in line with conference. Good luck gibsonburg .
Old 04-29-18, 09:49 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometrules View Post
The TAAC was inarguably bad. But I donít agree it will be totally different, the river division isnít that much of a step up, six of last yearís opponents are on this yearís schedule. The four that arenít were 17-23 combined last year and thatís including an 8-2 Mohawk. Overall the move is good for all of the sports.

6-4 to 8-2 seems reasonable, depends on who they can land as a coach. They return a host of talented players at skilled positions, provided they can get the ball in the hands of those players theyíll be just fine.

The previous coach did an overall good job of turning around a team that only won a handful of games in the years before he arrived, Iím sure heíll do fine at TC. With this being said, the string of Ďone and donesí in the playoffs needs to end...boils down to lack of preparation and commitment at the HC level
Old 04-29-18, 09:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by North LS View Post
There's a school for years have tried to get in sbc but flat told no of this reason or that.Since 2000 this school has sent more kids to division 3 programs ,division 2 programs and division 1 programs and based on upcoming talent it will continue.There 7th grade destroyed people last year.6th grade was undefeated. Between clyde / Bellevue/ Sandusky/ tiffin this school has put MORE kids than those schools combined to college to play football.Thats why sbc is humorous.Wont even look at this school but enrollment falls in line with conference. Good luck gibsonburg .
I donít understand what youíre trying to say??
Old 04-29-18, 10:54 PM
Freshman

Nothing whisker just sbcwas quickly allowing gibsonburg in playing Sandusky st mary plus Calvert and st Joe will take a toll SBC talks fairness but 1 school for years tried to get in old sbc and tried and it was flat turned down .They tried old NOL ,NO was answer.So when SBC merged with NOL superconference they were turned down for this reason or that.I found that schools like clyde and perkins and Bellevue people in charge of football said NO.A couple schools with longtime HC s didn't want there winning records going to crap.There Fremont Ross.Perkins will schedule a scrimmage as did clyde but no game .Bellevue refuses to play ross.415 boys .Since 2000 more kids have played All divisions in college from ross than all teams in LAKE division of SBC combined .In2014 my sons sr year we sent 11 kids to college for football.3 kids to findlay 4 kids tiffin 1 was Ohio state walk on and 3 to trine university in Indiana. This year no different. 1 junior DE got visited by a OSU recruiting coach Brian hartline .There sr QB has a MSU offer.There Center/ longsnapper is ranked 14 in nation in longsnapping zach Frye..They play against the best in state in TRAC conference with powerhouses central catholic,st John's and st Francis not Counting whitmer.Whats scRy is a 7th grade class destroying putting 50 to 0 scores on trac teams .champs .6th grade was undefeated..

So ross dont complain they play tough schedules They wanted join sbc/NOL because FUEL costs .it would generate amazing rivalries and the gate alone.

I have amazing respect for Fremont football players and arhletea.There tough tough kids.When I see gibsonburg jaunt like there great at football or win TAAC I'm like yeah okay true.i respect gburgs players not program. 47
Old 04-30-18, 09:24 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nothing whisker just sbcwas quickly allowing gibsonburg in playing Sandusky st mary plus Calvert and st Joe will take a toll SBC talks fairness but 1 school for years tried to get in old sbc and tried and it was flat turned down .They tried old NOL ,NO was answer.So when SBC merged with NOL superconference they were turned down for this reason or that.I found that schools like clyde and perkins and Bellevue people in charge of football said NO.A couple schools with longtime HC s didn't want there winning records going to crap.There Fremont Ross.Perkins will schedule a scrimmage as did clyde but no game .Bellevue refuses to play ross.415 boys .Since 2000 more kids have played All divisions in college from ross than all teams in LAKE division of SBC combined .In2014 my sons sr year we sent 11 kids to college for football.3 kids to findlay 4 kids tiffin 1 was Ohio state walk on and 3 to trine university in Indiana. This year no different. 1 junior DE got visited by a OSU recruiting coach Brian hartline .There sr QB has a MSU offer.There Center/ longsnapper is ranked 14 in nation in longsnapping zach Frye..They play against the best in state in TRAC conference with powerhouses central catholic,st John's and st Francis not Counting whitmer.Whats scRy is a 7th grade class destroying putting 50 to 0 scores on trac teams .champs .6th grade was undefeated..

So ross dont complain they play tough schedules They wanted join sbc/NOL because FUEL costs .it would generate amazing rivalries and the gate alone.

I have amazing respect for Fremont football players and arhletea.There tough tough kids.When I see gibsonburg jaunt like there great at football or win TAAC I'm like yeah okay true.i respect gburgs players not program. 47
Take it easy Mr. Frye.

So you want to leave the TRAC so it will be easier?

Sounds like athletes are not a problem? You citing all those athletes does not help your cause because as you said, all the schools combined do not have the athletes Ross does. League's always try to have parity. By your own assessment Ross would instantly have an athletic advantage. So why is the SBC at fault?

Neither Gibsonburg nor the SBC is the problem here. The TAAC is a very unstable league. Not to mention Gibsonburg dominated the old SLL in the late 90's early 00's with kids like Mason and the Donnell boys. As the old SLL kept growing (Lake & Rossford) Gibsonburg became the smallest school in league and was left with little choice to head to the TAAC. Once Gibsonburg regained it's footing (ebbs and flows of small public schools) they realized the TAAC was doing them no good in prepping for playoffs so they reached out to the SBC. Not to mention it is an easier drive to Tiffin & Sandusky than it is to Toledo Christian and Ottawa Hills. So why is Gibsonburg at fault again?

Looking forward to seeing your kid long snap.
Old 04-30-18, 09:52 AM
Junior Varsity

UKnowIt is on a distinguished road
People need to get their facts straight on this site...

I don't know how much difference the TAAC And the SBC will be. Gibsonburg will not be playing the Clydes, Oak Harbors, Port Clintons, Perkins...etc of the world.

They will play

Calvert
Margaretta
Lakota
Fremont St. Joe
Danbury
St. Marys Central Catholic

Hopewell Loudon will be entering the conference in a year or two

and I think that will bump Willard to the big division then. To be honest i don't even know if Margaretta will stay in the small division when HL comes in.

Danbury, Lakota, St. Marys and St. Joe aren't much better than some of the bottom feeders of the TAAC. Yes, Calvert, HL are an upgrade but not by much. Just my thoughts. I know one thing, it should cut down on some traveling for the bears which is always a good thing.
Old 04-30-18, 05:10 PM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Take it easy Mr. Frye.

So you want to leave the TRAC so it will be easier?

Sounds like athletes are not a problem? You citing all those athletes does not help your cause because as you said, all the schools combined do not have the athletes Ross does. League's always try to have parity. By your own assessment Ross would instantly have an athletic advantage. So why is the SBC at fault?

Neither Gibsonburg nor the SBC is the problem here. The TAAC is a very unstable league. Not to mention Gibsonburg dominated the old SLL in the late 90's early 00's with kids like Mason and the Donnell boys. As the old SLL kept growing (Lake & Rossford) Gibsonburg became the smallest school in league and was left with little choice to head to the TAAC. Once Gibsonburg regained it's footing (ebbs and flows of small public schools) they realized the TAAC was doing them no good in prepping for playoffs so they reached out to the SBC. Not to mention it is an easier drive to Tiffin & Sandusky than it is to Toledo Christian and Ottawa Hills. So why is Gibsonburg at fault again?

Looking forward to seeing your kid long snap.

Irish, I am very certain that the person who posted that is not Mr. Frye.
Old 04-30-18, 06:21 PM
Junior Varsity

UKnowIt is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:

Now i don't want to discredit you, but the TRAC is a 2 team league in football. You mention St. Johns, but they have not been very good lately. You said St. Francis they have been a bottom feeder for the last 3-4 years.

Fremont Ross enrollment is why they are not in the SBC. The SBC is made up of d3 schools.

TRAC Enrollment
1. Whitmer 799
2. Findlay 612
3. St. Johns 535
4. St. Francis 517
5. Ross 461
6. Central 435
7. Clay 420
8. Lima Sr. 405

SBC Enrollment:
1. Tiffin 341
2. Sandusky 322
3. Clyde 319
4. Perkins 282
5. Bellevue 267
6. Shelby 255
7. Vermillon 235

Ross is double the size than every other school in the SBC but 3. Even if you did a big school division Ross would be the biggest by far.

Sounds like all that talent with kids going to play college football you should have been much better than 4-6 in a conference that really only has two strong football schools. if you 7th and 8th grade schools are so good then you should have no problem contending for the TRAC and a playoff birth.
Old 04-30-18, 08:14 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontKeith View Post
Irish, I am very certain that the person who posted that is not Mr. Frye.
Grandfather perhaps? Drunk uncle?

I tried to paint the picture that the argument he used actually backfires but UKnowIt nailed it. As I said earlier, the TAAC is an unstable league, and if I could find like sized schools to the East I'd rather head that way than West on a Friday night. Just me. Good move by Gibsonburg and great move by the SBC to think outside the box and create a mega league that will have some fluidity if one school grows too much or another loses.
Old 05-01-18, 05:03 AM
Freshman

MY SOURCE is 100 pct accurate he is a A.D in the no .Fremont has tried a few times to go Nol and recently and amount of kids had nothing to do with it..Fremont is a working class town .in 2003 there levy failed numerous times and they FORCED pay to play in all sports and cut bussing to school and home except in Fremont proper! I knew kids in lindsay parents had to drive I was one.Horrible .Bussing was back in 2012.Fremont has a amazing budget officer.Financially at that time Fremont was in financial crisis.During 2008 auto crisis a few factories were near closure incomes went fown.Thats why visitors side has not been done .I was told at this time is when they applied for NOL bucci was AD .Then fremonts enrollment was around 400400 to 410 .Tiffin was ALS0 a small division 2 school kids were 380 to 410 from 2003 to 2012 when tiffin dropped a biy.But tiffin played ross and whitmer and scrimmaged central yes central and beat central in scrimmages and kicked ross from 2001to 2006 NO lie.Tiffin played whitmer was beaten tiffin.Bellevue Redmen scrimmaged whitmer 2005 to 2006.whirmer went 2 and 8 in 2005 so Bellevue scheduled whitner biy found out whitmer was back.
Old 05-01-18, 07:25 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
MY SOURCE is 100 pct accurate he is a A.D in the no .Fremont has tried a few times to go Nol and recently and amount of kids had nothing to do with it..
If that is what your "100% accurate ... in the know" source told you then that AD has 0% knowledge of what they are talking about. There are factors other than size, but the size difference is a big factor.
Old 05-01-18, 10:02 AM
Junior Varsity

Gibsonburg thread fellas. Start a Ross thread if you want to but donít hijack this one.
Old 05-01-18, 11:48 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Good point. I think Gibsonburg will do well returning to the SBC; shorter travel, better football and I imagine other sports too, and and some likely rivalries.
Old 05-01-18, 01:55 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Wow.
How cool for Coach Reser.

I remember when Steve Reser was the ball boy at Calvert when he was a grade school kid in Tiffin.
Probably 6th grade or so.

Having not lived in the Tiffin area in over 25 years this was a funny story to come across.

Good luck Coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-18, 01:58 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Gibsonburg as they move forward.

I love the story about the Gibsonburg state championship baseball team.

One of my all time favorite stories to tell kids that I have coached about going for it.
Awesome run to win the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-18, 11:36 PM
Junior Varsity

Any word on new coach?
Old 05-23-18, 12:10 PM
Junior Varsity

New coach Mike Lee?
Old 05-24-18, 04:00 AM
Freshman

Interesting hire if ttue.Mike was former oregon clay head coach.