Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-21-18, 03:46 PM
Freshman

Buckeye91 is on a distinguished road
Northern Buckeye Conference 2018

With Eastwood losing a ton to graduation league may very well come down to Otsego/Genoa in 2018? I see it as a three horse race. Any surprises?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-18, 11:27 PM
Varsity

cometrules is on a distinguished road
Otsego got a good QB but Genoa will win in 2018.

1. Genoa - Best around team
2. Otsego - Good QB but lost receivers
3. Lake - Always competive
4. Eastwood - Only have running if he stays, no lineman
5. Rossford - Always decent
6. Woodmore - Getting better
7. Fostoria - Still bad
8. Elmwood - Always bad and weak
Old 03-24-18, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
One day I will catch a game from this league.
Either Lake or Genoa.
Old 03-24-18, 09:14 AM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know who Otsego is playing Week 1? I am assuming it's home against Evergreen, but have not seen anything official.
Old 03-24-18, 11:44 AM
All American

Whizzer King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
Does anyone know who Otsego is playing Week 1? I am assuming it's home against Evergreen, but have not seen anything official.
Evergreen
Old 04-05-18, 07:31 AM
All District

single wing is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Eastwood will be alright. Likely not 60 seconds away from a state championship good again, but will be solid and compete in the NBC.

Their top 2 running backs are back, one of which is the best in NW Ohio and possibly the state. Only return 1 starting lineman, but they had another kid who had to fill in and basically play the whole state championship game when a starter went out early with a knee injury. Also bring back a tight end who saw some quality time.

Defensively is where they will be hurting the most IMO. Only bring back a linebacker and a defensive back. They have to replace some studs.

Will Plantz play football this year?
Old 04-08-18, 06:50 PM
Junior Varsity

North LS is on a distinguished road
My nephew is rb starter at woodmore.im a Trac guy and much respect to Eastwood. I would love to see Eastwood/Genoa schedule a Trac school in 1 st scrimmage like Fremont ross / findlay/ oregon clay / st Francis. If You ever want to know how ur lines are play them in 1st scrimmage. Eastwood should there' huge lines.
Old 04-09-18, 09:36 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by North LS View Post
I would love to see Eastwood/Genoa schedule a Trac school in 1 st scrimmage like Fremont ross / findlay/ oregon clay / st Francis.
I've seen Eastwood scrimmage Clyde. Eastwood hangs with them for a couple of series and then just gets wore down and looks mediocre. I cannot imagine why Eastwood would want to scrimmage a TRAC school, or even more, why the TRAC would schedule down like that.
Old 04-09-18, 07:28 PM
Junior Varsity

First scrimmages I'm okay with.2 nd and preview no.Ross scrimmages bowsher (1) Sylvania northview (2) and sandusky Perkins for preview! Ross schedules Perkins yearly .
Old 04-10-18, 07:04 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
I've seen Eastwood scrimmage Clyde. Eastwood hangs with them for a couple of series and then just gets wore down and looks mediocre. I cannot imagine why Eastwood would want to scrimmage a TRAC school, or even more, why the TRAC would schedule down like that.
If you're talking about when the JV's get in the scrimmage, possibly. But Eastwood has always played Clyde tough -- sometimes the other way around, wearing Clyde down.

Eastwood played Clyde non-conference from '05-'15. Eastwood won a handful of those. The games were always typically within a touchdown one way or another.

Also, the past 2 years they've scrimmaged which Eastwood won the varsity portion of.

Last edited by single wing; 04-11-18 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-11-18, 03:05 AM
Junior Varsity

Eastwoods program could handle trac lines .Only Nbc school ,Plus Eastwood butts up against Perrysburg line too.Eastwood has always played Clyde tough!
Old 04-11-18, 10:03 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by single wing View Post
Eastwood played Clyde non-conference from '05-'15. Eastwood won a handful of those games were always typically within a touchdown one way or another.
Inexplicably, I forgot about that, but I think Clyde won most of those games and it was Eastwood that chose to end the series.

In any case, my original post was a response to the idea that Eastwood would do well in a scrimmage with Findlay or Ross. Eastwood already has a tough enough scrimmage with Clyde. That's a good enough test.
Old 04-11-18, 10:05 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by North LS View Post
Eastwoods program could handle trac lines .!
Not even close.
Old 04-11-18, 12:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Inexplicably, I forgot about that, but I think Clyde won most of those games and it was Eastwood that chose to end the series.

In any case, my original post was a response to the idea that Eastwood would do well in a scrimmage with Findlay or Ross. Eastwood already has a tough enough scrimmage with Clyde. That's a good enough test.
Incorrect, again. Clyde dropped Eastwood to add Ashland. It worked out okay for Eastwood as they were able to add Bowling Green (another D3 school).
Old 04-11-18, 07:42 PM
All District

NLLBEST is on a distinguished road
Eastwood is also in a yearly series with Maumee right now too. I think they have a very well set up nonconference schedule to challenge themselves while also picking up first level points when they win. While it gives both Maumee and BG the opportunity to play a tough but reasonable opponent that could give them big level 2 points before conference play.

Any thoughts on whether or not Elmwood will improve a lot in year two under a new staff? Will Genoa’s qb be healthy? If so I’d say they’re the slight favorite. Interesting that the top 5 teams in the league have such varying styles of play when you look at Lake, Rossford and Otsego compared to Eastwood and Genoa.
Old 05-10-18, 07:04 AM
All District

2.5 months until the start of football. It'll get here quick.
Old 06-20-18, 03:24 PM
Freshman

Any word if the Eastwood RB is returning this year? I heard he may be transferring to Whitmer or Findlay.
Old 06-25-18, 06:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye91 View Post
Any word if the Eastwood RB is returning this year? I heard he may be transferring to Whitmer or Findlay.
At Eastwood. Attending all the summer workouts. Still getting all the D1 looks (soon to be offers if not already) and coaches visiting - he isn't leaving.
Old 07-28-18, 10:24 PM
Varsity

Rayford may wish he left, I heard the one returning lineman Eastwood has back isn't coming out due to knee problems and doesn't want to mess up being two time state champ is track. Good luck finding 6 lineman for your wing t offense.
Old 07-30-18, 02:04 PM
Freshman

Eastwood will still be very competitive. I would not count them out to win the league because of Rayford and coaching staff. I still see it as a 3 team race with Otsrgo, Genoa and Eastwood.
Old 08-08-18, 04:21 PM
Varsity

How is everyones numbers? Genoa isn't going to have JV team, but will have a freshman team that is what I have hear. I was told that Rossford and Eastwood will be the only Freshman teams.
Old 08-08-18, 09:16 PM
Junior Varsity

Who does woodmore scrimmage?
Old 08-08-18, 09:31 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometrules View Post
How is everyones numbers? Genoa isn't going to have JV team, but will have a freshman team that is what I have hear. I was told that Rossford and Eastwood will be the only Freshman teams.
Rossford will have a JV team and no frosh team.