Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-18, 08:01 PM
red123 red123 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-29-03
Location: Near Dayton
Posts: 144
red123
Western Brown Job

Western Brown is open?

Saw on twitter and it closes on the 20th. Awful quiet about this.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-19-18, 01:31 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 985
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by red123 View Post
Western Brown is open?

Saw on twitter and it closes on the 20th. Awful quiet about this.
Unfortunate circumstances is why it's open and it's very late in the game considering most candidates have already committed somewhere.

Not a highly desirable job either... D2, not very good, low numbers...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-18, 01:39 PM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 243
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Unfortunate circumstances is why it's open and it's very late in the game considering most candidates have already committed somewhere.

Not a highly desirable job either... D2, not very good, low numbers...
Seemed to be a playoff contender not too long ago. What happened?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-18, 08:04 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 985
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Seemed to be a playoff contender not too long ago. What happened?
I think they had a few good coaches leave, which limited the number of coaches in the building. They also have had some very good athletes who have left or graduated and then their league got way better with the addition of Massie and Wilmington plus New Richmond building their program up. I'm not sure it's a "lack of athletes" necessarily but rather a combination of little things all adding up to a program simply not being as good.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-18, 12:08 PM
20yearcoach 20yearcoach is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-26-14
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 154
20yearcoach is on a distinguished road
Looks like they found their guy?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-02-18, 01:12 PM
Airitout24/7 Airitout24/7 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-24-18
Posts: 3
Airitout24/7 is on a distinguished road
Anyone know anything about this guy?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-02-18, 03:22 PM
gds15 gds15 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-13-17
Location: Batavia, Ohio
Posts: 40
gds15 is on a distinguished road
He was the assistant head coach at Anderson under Dreyer in 2016. Spent last year as the wide receivers coach at Mount St. Joseph's. Not sure what he was doing before that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-03-18, 09:18 AM
Airitout24/7 Airitout24/7 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-24-18
Posts: 3
Airitout24/7 is on a distinguished road
And I would assume he will run the spread offense?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-03-18, 09:35 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 243
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gds15 View Post
He was the assistant head coach at Anderson under Dreyer in 2016. Spent last year as the wide receivers coach at Mount St. Joseph's. Not sure what he was doing before that.
Assistant head coach, or assistant wide receiver coach? I talked to a former Anderson coach and he never knew he held the assistant head coach title.

Anyone know if he's an Anderson or WB grad? He looks pretty young in his picture, so I can't imagine he's got much coaching experience.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-03-18, 09:36 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 243
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airitout24/7 View Post
And I would assume he will run the spread offense?
Probably a safe bet.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-03-18, 10:28 AM
20yearcoach 20yearcoach is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-26-14
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 154
20yearcoach is on a distinguished road
I saw he was hired on Tuesday and then Wed they were looking for a new D coordinator.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-03-18, 10:43 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 243
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearcoach View Post
I saw he was hired on Tuesday and then Wed they were looking for a new D coordinator.
Who was the D coordinator?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-03-18, 10:58 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 985
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Assistant head coach, or assistant wide receiver coach? I talked to a former Anderson coach and he never knew he held the assistant head coach title.

Anyone know if he's an Anderson or WB grad? He looks pretty young in his picture, so I can't imagine he's got much coaching experience.
I could be totally wrong, but I think he played at Wilmington College and may have spent a year or time with Lester at Batavia?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-03-18, 11:45 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 243
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
I could be totally wrong, but I think he played at Wilmington College and may have spent a year or time with Lester at Batavia?
What happened to this program? Why was there no interest from experienced coaches? They had a good coach that was taking them to the playoffs, then they seemed to dip.

Looks like the job wasn't even posted very long.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-18, 07:36 PM
gds15 gds15 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-13-17
Location: Batavia, Ohio
Posts: 40
gds15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Assistant head coach, or assistant wide receiver coach? I talked to a former Anderson coach and he never knew he held the assistant head coach title.

Anyone know if he's an Anderson or WB grad? He looks pretty young in his picture, so I can't imagine he's got much coaching experience.
Apologies, I misread the page. He was listed as a varsity assistant coach. Graduated from Lucasville Valley.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-04-18, 10:53 AM
20yearcoach 20yearcoach is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-26-14
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 154
20yearcoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
I could be totally wrong, but I think he played at Wilmington College and may have spent a year or time with Lester at Batavia?
I think that might of been a guy name Lewis? But do not think he played at Wilmington.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-07-18, 06:30 AM
bulldog5704 bulldog5704 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-28-04
Location: Bethel,OH
Posts: 926
bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
He coached one year at Batavia. Really liked him in the interactions I had with him. Very good man and high energy. The kids at Batavia like him. IF he can get the kids out initially, he'll keep them there and grow the #s.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-09-18, 11:35 AM
Airitout24/7 Airitout24/7 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-24-18
Posts: 3
Airitout24/7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5704 View Post
He coached one year at Batavia. Really liked him in the interactions I had with him. Very good man and high energy. The kids at Batavia like him. IF he can get the kids out initially, he'll keep them there and grow the #s.
I don't think that numbers has been the issue at WB
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-09-18, 04:35 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 985
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airitout24/7 View Post
I don't think that numbers has been the issue at WB
I disagree. They have about 50-55 kids on a D2 team and never do they ever think of having freshmen football. That might not be an issue for a D5 team but when they’re trying to compete with teams like New Richmond and Massie- their numbers hurt them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Western Brown looking for a tournament Cradle Breaker Wrestling 0 03-26-18 02:04 PM
Western Brown Freshmen Hammer & Anvil Cradle Breaker Wrestling 0 11-08-17 07:05 AM
Western Brown Super-tri/Double Dual Cradle Breaker Wrestling 5 08-23-17 08:11 AM
Western Brown Super-Tri needs Team Cradle Breaker Wrestling 0 08-03-17 11:11 AM
Western Brown Super-tri/Double Dual Cradle Breaker Wrestling 0 05-04-17 03:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz