Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Mason Comets

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-20-17, 11:08 AM
All District

Eagle HOF is on a distinguished road
No one said Sycamore was elite. They just beat the comets on a particular night. With the exception of colerain, most of the gmc schools can compete for second place each year. And isnt this class the peak for mason football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-17, 01:13 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
I am still waiting for someone to tell us why Castner is the right coach. Telling us Mason is a soft community with very few football players is not a reason to keep Castner in place. I just don't agree there are fewer football players. There is a significant lack of development.
Old 09-20-17, 03:17 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by College#19 View Post
I am still waiting for someone to tell us why Castner is the right coach. Telling us Mason is a soft community with very few football players is not a reason to keep Castner in place. I just don't agree there are fewer football players. There is a significant lack of development.

Ok well lets say this team is hard as nails. And Mason kids are as tough as they come. This team was supposed to be the dream team wasnt it. Development is one thing and Castner should be judged on that, but if they are tough why is it they get pushed around at least twice a year by a team like sycamore or a lakota. That goes back to my original point, mason is among the best of the rest. Not a bad place to be. Heck they had a playoff win last year. Who knows what happens this year. Maybe sycamore was their wake up call.

Old 09-20-17, 09:27 PM
All District

Quote:

Lets say mason cans bc tomorrow. What are the big names you would like to see at mason?

Old 09-21-17, 05:52 PM
All District

grappledude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
not many 240 lb and up kids walking the halls of Mason. never gonna dominate without size and speed. Colerain usual has a lot of speed and more size then everyone else in GMC. GCL schools usually have both. Tough Wrestlers usually get you to where Mason is at right now in football. good luck on the mats this winter.
Not sure how size has anything to do with toughness. How do you know who's roaming the halls of MHS anyway?

You and others claim that Mason kids are soft due to the upper middle class lifestyle that many (certainly not all) enjoy and nothing could be farther from the truth. Mason football is successful at every level with the exception of high school varsity. Kids don't sudden get soft when they become Juniors or Seniors. There's something else going on there that is a mystery to many.
Old 09-21-17, 06:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by grappledude View Post
Not sure how size has anything to do with toughness. How do you know who's roaming the halls of MHS anyway?

You and others claim that Mason kids are soft due to the upper middle class lifestyle that many (certainly not all) enjoy and nothing could be farther from the truth. Mason football is successful at every level with the exception of high school varsity. Kids don't sudden get soft when they become Juniors or Seniors. There's something else going on there that is a mystery to many.

Its quite obvious. The other successful schools all seem to get bigger by the time their finished product hits the field for Varsity. Masons teams historically are smaller then Colerain, Moeller, X etc. and isnt that what the fans want mason to be.

Again I ask, who else would you have coach Mason varsity to solve this mystery?

Old 09-21-17, 08:24 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
Mason could grab a very talented coach from the D2 or D1 level. Maybe even look out of State. Form a search committee and do looking as opposed to just interviewing interested candidates.
Old 09-22-17, 12:33 PM
All District

Quote:
Mason could grab a very talented coach from the D2 or D1 level. Maybe even look out of State. Form a search committee and do looking as opposed to just interviewing interested candidates.
So do we raid Lasalle and get Mcglauthlin. he seems to be the one of the best coaches around.

What about a the QB coach on Masons staff now. young guy who did a good job coaching the 8th graders. Played college ball. I think having college playing experience helps.

Another football coach is over at moeller. coaches the fresman over there, left masons program last year for unknown reasons to me.

There is your first pass at a search committee. go get your coach. anyone else??
Old 09-22-17, 04:37 PM
Varsity

Skoalbandito is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle HOF View Post
So do we raid Lasalle and get Mcglauthlin. he seems to be the one of the best coaches around.

What about a the QB coach on Masons staff now. young guy who did a good job coaching the 8th graders. Played college ball. I think having college playing experience helps.

Another football coach is over at moeller. coaches the fresman over there, left masons program last year for unknown reasons to me.

There is your first pass at a search committee. go get your coach. anyone else??
you might be surprised at the number of former Mason coaches that now coach at Moeller, or somewhere else. They also still teach in the district.
Old 09-22-17, 08:17 PM
Varsity

RUKidding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoalbandito View Post
you might be surprised at the number of former Mason coaches that now coach at Moeller, or somewhere else. They also still teach in the district.
Hire Specht and bring back the coaches that teach in the building that quit. I understand they were very good. Castner is the virus and needs inoculated at once. He will NEVER beat Sycamore because he has zero upstairs .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: